Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Problem With 2008 Toyota Corolla, Car Won't Start! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Problem With 2008 Toyota Corolla, Car Won't Start! (1508 Views)

10 Common Reasons Why Your Car Won't Start & How To Fix It / Car Won't Move / 2004 Ford Explorer Won't Start And Anti Theft Light Blinks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem With 2008 Toyota Corolla, Car Won't Start! by Terrie23: 5:30pm On May 29, 2016
I just bought a 2008 Toyota corolla, the check engine light came up a few days later, I did the scan and was told it was oxygen sensor problems . I paid for the sensor, later the electrician came and advised me to change the harnes wires on the engine,that it was bad and could damage the brain box, I obliged, problem now is the car has refused to start, just wont start, I haven't driven this car for 2weeks.
Anyone with an idea of what's going on to pls advise me. Thank you
Re: Problem With 2008 Toyota Corolla, Car Won't Start! by kingreign(m): 5:45pm On May 29, 2016
Terrie23:
I just bought a 2008 Toyota corolla, the check engine light came up a few days later, I did the scan and was told it was oxygen sensor problems . I paid for the sensor, later the electrician came and advised me to change the harnes wires on the engine,that it was bad and could damage the brain box, I obliged, problem now is the car has refused to start, just wont start, I haven't driven this car for 2weeks.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm..
Uncle Gazzuzz pls come let's see and help this distressed car owner.
@ Terrie, does your car have any security?
Does the car crank?

Your location pls?

Call me 07034581213.
Re: Problem With 2008 Toyota Corolla, Car Won't Start! by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:11pm On May 29, 2016
kingreign:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm..
Uncle Gazzuzz pls come let's see and help this distressed car owner.
@ Terrie, does your car have any security?
Does the car crank?

Your location pls?

Call me 07034581213.

when I hear harness and O2 sensor, I just de think new engine ecu loading

Terrie23:
[/color]

Turn ignition on, if there is a check light illuminated, have car scanned, if the check light is not, run thru fuses, especially engine efi fuse. If no fuse is burnt and car does not communicate after a scan the engine ecu (brain box) is fried and will need to be replaced and reprogrammed.
Re: Problem With 2008 Toyota Corolla, Car Won't Start! by tonak(m): 10:23pm On May 29, 2016
the check engine light is on, was supposed to do another scan today but the electrician didn't show up.this car is less than 2 weeks.I pray I don't commit murder tomorrow.the idiot has switched off his phone since morning.God help me.
Re: Problem With 2008 Toyota Corolla, Car Won't Start! by tonak(m): 10:24pm On May 29, 2016
the check engine light is on, was supposed to do another scan today but the electrician didn't show up.this car is less than 2 weeks old.I pray I don't commit murder tomorrow.the idiot has switched off his phone since morning.God help me.
Re: Problem With 2008 Toyota Corolla, Car Won't Start! by carreport(m): 11:34pm On May 29, 2016
Terrie23:

I think you may have a damaged ECU (brain box as its referred to in Nigeria) also check to make sure the the ECU is communicating with your fuel pump. (security)

Re: Problem With 2008 Toyota Corolla, Car Won't Start! by oNj(m): 11:52pm On May 29, 2016
@Tonak
Same buddy with the op?

It's either the electrician knows what he's doing (stick with him) or he's not (get another mechanic); worst case scenario= na moni dey motor go chop, not human life.

Just wondering what could have damaged the harness.

In all, calm down and allow the ogas here help you fix your car soonest.

A good history of how it all started could be of help

Check your fuses

Post scan results here
Re: Problem With 2008 Toyota Corolla, Car Won't Start! by tonak(m): 6:57am On May 30, 2016
@onj I'm so pained, more pained that I just got this car, my family has not even taken a ride in it because I want everything to be perfect, and car don too suffer us.I'm heading to his shop right now, his phone is still switched off
Re: Problem With 2008 Toyota Corolla, Car Won't Start! by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:35am On May 30, 2016
tonak:
@onj I'm so pained, more pained that I just got this car, my family has not even taken a ride in it because I want everything to be perfect, and car don too suffer us.I'm heading to his shop right now, his phone is still switched off

location of vehicle? Send address and your contact details to 08033910382 whatsapp.
Re: Problem With 2008 Toyota Corolla, Car Won't Start! by kingreign(m): 7:44am On May 30, 2016
tonak:
the check engine light is on, was supposed to do another scan today but the electrician didn't show up.this car is less than 2 weeks old.I pray I don't commit murder tomorrow.the idiot has switched off his phone since morning.God help me.

Calm down pls, if you're in Abuja, contact 07034581213.

(1) (Reply)

Wow! Recession What? E-money Acquires 2017 Lexus Lx 570 Armoured Car / Car Tracker Installers Needed In All States - Part Time (training Available) / Fathia Balogun Stunning Looks... Strictly for egunmogaji2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.