Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,422 members, 7,954,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:58 AM

2004 Ford Explorer Won't Start And Anti Theft Light Blinks - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2004 Ford Explorer Won't Start And Anti Theft Light Blinks (3264 Views)

10 Common Reasons Why Your Car Won't Start & How To Fix It / D Light Blinks Continuosly On My Honda Odyssey 2003 / Peugeot 307: Solution To Anti Theft Warning Fault (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2004 Ford Explorer Won't Start And Anti Theft Light Blinks by Caerleon: 8:28pm On Sep 23, 2016
Hello, I own a 2004 ford explorer that won't start. The engine won't crank and the anti theft light on the dash blinks rapidly when I try to start it. I live in Abuja and no one knows what to do here. Please auto enthusiast here should help. Thank you.
Re: 2004 Ford Explorer Won't Start And Anti Theft Light Blinks by baconline(m): 8:55pm On Sep 23, 2016
When did it start ,was there any job done on the car b4 this problem started, so many issues could cause it, but basically the anti theft is a pointer to several issues
1. Immo issues from the key or Pats system
2. A bridge in communication between pats and d ecu
Scan the car and let us have the trouble code ,that will go a long way to solving the problem.
Re: 2004 Ford Explorer Won't Start And Anti Theft Light Blinks by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 23, 2016
It needs to b scanned call 0 81 660 649 50
Re: 2004 Ford Explorer Won't Start And Anti Theft Light Blinks by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:44am On Sep 24, 2016
Sultaan please epp your people.
Re: 2004 Ford Explorer Won't Start And Anti Theft Light Blinks by Caerleon: 6:53am On Sep 24, 2016
Thank you all for your contributions. I called someone to scan the car. He scanned it and cleared the fault without writing it down. Now he can't remember the code?
Re: 2004 Ford Explorer Won't Start And Anti Theft Light Blinks by baconline(m): 7:48am On Sep 24, 2016
A small hand held scanner will di the job, drop the codes here, there are a lot of gurus here to help
Re: 2004 Ford Explorer Won't Start And Anti Theft Light Blinks by Caerleon: 11:57am On Sep 24, 2016
No fault detected.
Re: 2004 Ford Explorer Won't Start And Anti Theft Light Blinks by baconline(m): 12:20pm On Sep 24, 2016
Try cranking the car ,while doing a video of the anti theft light blinking ,_the interval of the blink will say a lot, or is it permanently on,post video here, also leave the battery in the Car for some time Tr trouble code will come back
Re: 2004 Ford Explorer Won't Start And Anti Theft Light Blinks by Caerleon: 2:42pm On Sep 24, 2016
Ok. Thanks I will do that right away
Re: 2004 Ford Explorer Won't Start And Anti Theft Light Blinks by sultaan(m): 6:44pm On Sep 24, 2016
found some links on line, but because it could have been for any reason you may have to try several

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-c112_ds558688

It worked Dandyoun!!! Thanks. Exactly like you said, put the key in the ignition, turned it on and off, then on the 8th turn to on, the Theft light stayed on, then turned off. I pushed each button on my keyfob including the Panic (kind of scary because it might not go off, but it did), took the key out, put it in the ignition and started it right up. Took key out again, put it in and started up. Problem gone. Man, I was going to have to have this vehicle towed about 30 miles, and I tried all kinds of stuff posted in this forum. Called a couple Ford Dealers who had no clue about this reset method. I knew it had to have something to do with the battery, because this all started when the battery went dead.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-t11886_ds602159

A SOLUTION!!!!!! THIS WORKED FOR US TODAY! Try turning the key and moving the shift from park to drive and back. Then try starting it again! It should start. We were ready to call a tow truck before trying this. It worked. Saved time and money!

OK. Listen up. I bought a new "Transceiver" today. My Explorer was doing the intermittent theft light thing just like the rest of you. When I went to put in the new part I found that one of the wires that goes into the plug that is under the dash was broken. This break is was without a doubt caused by the wire being moved every time that you tilt the steering wheel. The only reason the wire was clearly visibly broken was because I pulled it out of the plug. I am sure the wire was just simply sitting in the plug broken and would sometimes not be making contact. The bottom line is if you are getting your vehicle to start by using the "Sandra" method or any other physical manipulation around the steering column I will bet that you have a broken wire just like I did. The next time it happens tilt your steering wheel fully down. This pushes the wire deeper into the plug. I was able to fix my broken wire. I know how to remove the pins from the plug. Now I have to hope the Ford dealer will let me return the new part. One more thing. My original Transceiver's wire has plugs on both ends. If yours is like this (the new one is not) you could get a good wire from a junk vehicle. You may even be able to buy a new one. I haven't looked into that yet.

SO what did you do before this started, cut a blank key, replaced battery stole truck, bought a used truck?
Re: 2004 Ford Explorer Won't Start And Anti Theft Light Blinks by Caerleon: 7:14am On Sep 25, 2016
Thanks
Re: 2004 Ford Explorer Won't Start And Anti Theft Light Blinks by Starbeams: 8:34am On Sep 25, 2016
Caerleon:
Hello, I own a 2004 ford explorer that won't start. The engine won't crank and the anti theft light on the dash blinks rapidly when I try to start it. I live in Abuja and no one knows what to do here. Please auto enthusiast here should help. Thank you.

Starbeams Knows what to do.

Are you tired of spending with no result on your vehicle?
Are you tired of calling different mechanics and your vehicle didnt work?
Are you tired of having sleepless nights on your problematic vehicle?
Are you tired of seeing your vehicle abandoned on a spot for many Months/Years because of mechanical/electrical problems?
Are you tired of Automatic Gearbox issues with your car?

Starbeams Auto Yard is the solution and we are here to make you happy!

We fix any problematic & stubborn vehicles..

Call us today and your problem with be solved with our professional touches..

Also, we do
Car Engine and Gear Services
Car General Diagnosis
Car Problem Cause Diagnosis
Car tracker installations on your phone to monitor your car/truck movement by yourself
Car Key Programming
Brain-box Programming
And many more

Starbeams Auto Yard
No 10, Gado Nasco way
Opposite Veteran Plaza
2/1 Kubwa, Abuja

Call 08072594139,0814557565
whatsapp- 08072594139
Re: 2004 Ford Explorer Won't Start And Anti Theft Light Blinks by erico2k2(m): 12:21pm On Sep 25, 2016
Caerleon:
Thank you all for your contributions. I called someone to scan the car. He scanned it and cleared the fault without writing it down. Now he can't remember the code?
he did the more you look the less you see, next time ask them to write down teh codes or you take it as a NO SCAN,main while invest in a small hand held scanner
Re: 2004 Ford Explorer Won't Start And Anti Theft Light Blinks by LeJeun3: 12:31pm On Sep 25, 2016
Caerleon:

Please do the lights on the instrument cluster come on?? If they do, try moving the gear to neutral and try starting the car.

Re: 2004 Ford Explorer Won't Start And Anti Theft Light Blinks by Caerleon: 7:02pm On Sep 25, 2016
@legon3 I have tried that. It won't start. Thanks anyways.
Re: 2004 Ford Explorer Won't Start And Anti Theft Light Blinks by Caerleon: 7:26pm On Sep 25, 2016
@starbeams, how much will it cost me to scan my vehicle it's a 2004 ford explorer. Lugbe Abuja
Re: 2004 Ford Explorer Won't Start And Anti Theft Light Blinks by Starbeams: 2:39pm On Sep 26, 2016
Caerleon:
@starbeams, how much will it cost me to scan my vehicle it's a 2004 ford explorer. Lugbe Abuja

Call for more enquiries

Re: 2004 Ford Explorer Won't Start And Anti Theft Light Blinks by FEGEITOK: 11:48am On Sep 28, 2016
Caerleon:

I can help you with a free scan and preliminary diagnosis, contact me offline
Re: 2004 Ford Explorer Won't Start And Anti Theft Light Blinks by ekehopp: 11:45am On Jul 16, 2017
Caerleon:
Phone number of your trusted Ford mechanic in Abuja?

(1) (Reply)

Infiniti G37 Vs Acura Tl / Between Honda Evil Sporit And Mercedes C240 4matic / Locate Good Auto Mechanic/workshop In Port Harcourt Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.