Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

I Still Need Clarifications - I Don't Understand A Lot About Starting A Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Still Need Clarifications - I Don't Understand A Lot About Starting A Blog (6694 Views)

We Build All Website Including, ICO, E Commerce, E Currency And Lot More / We Build All Website Including, School, E Commerce, E Currency And Lot More / Clarifications Regarding Closure Of Mywapblog.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Still Need Clarifications - I Don't Understand A Lot About Starting A Blog by coolkemie: 10:19pm On May 29, 2016
I like to know about blog creation and I like to have my blog on the google platform.

Here are the areas I need clarifications on::

1). If you create a blog from google; your domain..com, and buy a custom domain name from DomainKing (3k) for example. Then you will have your domain.com.
To my understanding, your blog is hosted on google, ryt?

I know you can buy a hosting plan on WP. Is it possible to buy a hosting plan from DK, but remain on blogger not WP. As I learnt DK only offer hosting on WP.

2). If you buy a custom domain (without a hosting plan), does that make your blog a self hosted blog?

3). If I buy just a domain name, while I still have my blog hosted under google, would google display ads on my blog like they do when I'm still on "your domain..com"?

4). If getting just a custom domain name is all I needed to start a blog, does it mean all the blogs I see around were started with 3k or below?

5). More clarification on Self hosted and non hosted blog on google blogger pls. I understand that of WP.

Summary.
What I need is this. I want to start my own blog. I want it NOT ON WORDPRESS.. And I want to own it completely, not share any part with google. Using a "template", not a "theme". Dunno if it is called self hosted. I just want to have total control.

Shiit. I just hope someone understand all these nonsense I put up

1 Like

Re: I Still Need Clarifications - I Don't Understand A Lot About Starting A Blog by frank417: 10:44pm On May 29, 2016
lolzzz you've got it all wrong bro. everything here is just scattered!
I would have love to enlighten you on every aspect, but the thing is I'm a lazy typer. guess we'll have wait for someone to explain. smiley
But i'll leave you with 1 thing to think about though..........

Incase you talking of Wordpress.org, are you sure you are WELL knowledgeable on why you don't want it?

2 Likes

Re: I Still Need Clarifications - I Don't Understand A Lot About Starting A Blog by frank417: 10:45pm On May 29, 2016
Re: I Still Need Clarifications - I Don't Understand A Lot About Starting A Blog by EnejiTech: 10:46pm On May 29, 2016
I would have love to help you out to yr satisfaction but honestly i don't understand some of your questions..... I am Rash by name and my blog is hosted at Google , my URL is www.enejitech.com domain bought at Godaddy. I'm not an expert though but i love blogging and sharing my experience with my fellows. Whatsapp me with any of yr question and I will try as much as possible to provide u with a good answers +2349091609334...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Still Need Clarifications - I Don't Understand A Lot About Starting A Blog by SlimHan(f): 12:35pm On May 30, 2016
@op, why don't you want WP if I may ask. Well, webmasters pls I need anwers to that no3 question too o. www.farjetbest.
Re: I Still Need Clarifications - I Don't Understand A Lot About Starting A Blog by coolkemie: 2:03pm On May 30, 2016
frank417:
lolzzz you've got it all wrong bro. everything here is just scattered!
I would have love to enlighten you on every aspect, but the thing is I'm a lazy typer. guess we'll have wait for someone to explain. smiley
But i'll leave you with 1 thing to think about though..........

Incase you talking of Wordpress.org, are you sure you are WELL knowledgeable on why you don't want it?

You shouldn't be lazy to tell me the things you know sir, if you really want to enlighten me. Lolz.

Your question:
Atleast, I understand that WordPress is simple to operate for a newbie like me. I also understand that my favourite premium themes can buy me a full blog hosted on (too expensive). Blogger templates; as little as I know, are cheaper.

Blogs hosted on google are faster (stand to be corrected here).

1 Like

Re: I Still Need Clarifications - I Don't Understand A Lot About Starting A Blog by coolkemie: 2:09pm On May 30, 2016
EnejiTech:
I would have love to help you out to yr satisfaction but honestly i don't understand some of your questions..... I am Rash by name and my blog is hosted at Google , my URL is www.enejitech.com domain bought at Godaddy. I'm not an expert though but i love blogging and sharing my experience with my fellows. Whatsapp me with any of yr question and I will try as much as possible to provide u with a good answers +2349091609334...

But you just answered most of my questions.
You bought just a domain name, while still having your blog hosted on google.

Apparently, you blog once carries the ..com URL.

Here, I could only ask if it's possible to host that same blog of yours with a hosting company (e.g, DomainKing), while you still remain on "blogger templates".. Just not WordPress theme.

I hope you understand that enough
Re: I Still Need Clarifications - I Don't Understand A Lot About Starting A Blog by coolkemie: 2:11pm On May 30, 2016
SlimHan:
@op, why don't you want WP if I may ask. Well, webmasters pls I need anwers to that no3 question too o. www.farjetbest.

Because I like to test a blog templates. Faster to me
Re: I Still Need Clarifications - I Don't Understand A Lot About Starting A Blog by DomainKingTeam: 3:52pm On May 30, 2016
coolkemie:
I like to know about blog creation and I like to have my blog on the google platform.

1). If you create a blog from google; your domain..com, and buy a custom domain name from DomainKing (3k) for example. Then you will have your domain.com.

I know you can buy a hosting plan on WP. Is it possible to buy a hosting plan from DK, but remain on blogger not WP. As I learnt DK only offer hosting on WP.

2). If you buy a custom domain (without a hosting plan), does that make your blog a self hosted blog?

3). If I buy just a domain name, while I still have my blog hosted under google, would google display ads on my blog like they do when I'm still on "your domain..com"?

4). If getting just a custom domain name is all I needed to start a blog, does it mean all the blogs I see around were started with 3k or below?

5). More clarification on Self hosted and non hosted blog on google blogger pls. I understand that of WP.

Summary.
What I need is this. I want to start my own blog. I want it NOT ON WORDPRESS.. And I want to own it completely, not share any part with google. Using a "template", not a "theme". Dunno if it is called self hosted. I just want to have total control.

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in registering your domain name for your blog with us.

Please read the following answers of your questions:
1.) If you want to convert your .com blog to your custom .com domain then you then you don't need to buy any hosting plan for this. You just need to register a domain name. Once your domain name is registered you can use our free DNS service to link your custom domain with your .com blog or you can also ask us to integrate it for you.

2) No it is hosted by Google. If you only buy your domain name to link to your .com, then your blog is hosted by Google. And it is not self hosted. Self hosted generally means that you have your own hosting that you have bought from a hosting provider.

3) Your blog will still be hosted on Google. Only your domain name will change from .com to your own .com. All your content of your website and your ads and everything else will remain the same. So in simple words, your blogspost.com blog will change to .com blog and everything else will all be the same. And your website will still be powered by Google.

4) Yes, you just need to register a domain name if you want to change your .com blog to custom .com domain. There is nothing else that is required. You can register your domain from here: http://www.domainking.ng/domain-registration/

For registering your domain name this guide will be helpful for you: http://www.domainking.ng/articles/how-to-register-your-domain-name/

Once your domain is registered you can contact our support and we will help and guide you with all the integration process.

5) Please note that Google .com blog linked with custom .com, .ng etc. domain name is hosted by Google. Self hosted simply means a website hosted that is hosted on your own hosting that you have bought from any hosting provider.

So for example if you have bought hosting plan to host your simple HTML website, then it is self hosted as you have bought your own hosting for your website.

And similarly if you have a .com blog then it is hosted by Google Blogger. If you have a blog, then it is hosted by

I would like to clarify once again that a blog is hosted by Google on their servers. And even after you have linked your .com blog to your custom domain your blog will still be hosted by Google. You will use the same blogger.com interface to post your blog posts, your ads will be the same, your template will be the same . Everything will remain the same but only your domain name will change from .com to your .com domain.

I hope I have clarified all your queries.

Feel free to contact us if you have any further queries.

Best Regards,
Karan
domainking.NG

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Still Need Clarifications - I Don't Understand A Lot About Starting A Blog by bedfordng(m): 4:39pm On May 30, 2016
coolkemie:

Summary.

you keep contradicting yourself with same question. Just to make it short, if you want to use google blogger for your blog and you bought a domain name to replace the , google still owns the right to delete your blog but your domain will still be yours. So you do not have full right to the blog but the domain you bought. Self hosted means hosting your domain by purchasing web hosting space, this means you can use wp or any kind of cms web script and it is fully yours to operate.

3 Likes

Re: I Still Need Clarifications - I Don't Understand A Lot About Starting A Blog by ItzChinnex(m): 6:42am On May 31, 2016
If you want your blog to be Like Chinnex..com . contact me @ Chinnex.onyenobi11@gmail.com or +2349036306269 whatsapp
Re: I Still Need Clarifications - I Don't Understand A Lot About Starting A Blog by jerrydelight(m): 6:58am On May 31, 2016
Its not possible to retain a Google template on a custom domain.
But you can try to customize a theme for your website to look like that of of your blogger
Re: I Still Need Clarifications - I Don't Understand A Lot About Starting A Blog by VocalWalls: 6:58am On May 31, 2016
coolkemie:

Summary.

Send me a WhatsApp message let me guide you
Re: I Still Need Clarifications - I Don't Understand A Lot About Starting A Blog by joey150(m): 7:03am On May 31, 2016
Blog blog everyday.....e no dey move again oh
Re: I Still Need Clarifications - I Don't Understand A Lot About Starting A Blog by Nobody: 7:07am On May 31, 2016
Moneytise your blog today and earn big

Re: I Still Need Clarifications - I Don't Understand A Lot About Starting A Blog by socialmediaman: 7:18am On May 31, 2016
SlimHan

coolkemie

I see that DomainKingTeam https://www.nairaland.com/3134858/still-need-clarifications-dont-understand#46113169 has explained most of the issues raised, I would like to explain no. 3 specifically, and then go on to explain a general thing about blogs from the blogger and wordpress perspective.

To answer your question 3, Yes, google will still display ads on your blog if you buy a domain name from someone else. Google will not penalize you if you bought your domain name elsewhere to personalize your blog, your blog runs 100% with everything .com offers, the only thing that changed is the domain name. If you chose to use wordpress, you can still easily display your google adsense ads on your blog.

On the issue of Google vs WordPress hosting, i want to clarify something. If you want simplicity and "no stress" blog, .com seems to be a quick one. If you are thinking about the future, however, and your future needs might include running a more powerful blog where you have more control, for instance you want to transform from a simple blog to a more powerful news site like CNN, you want more control over how pages are displayed, you want more control and want to transform your website into a community website where people can register and also post their own news and engage more etc, WordPress brings out more complexity and its much more powerful for bigger projects than , and yes, you can also display your google adsense ads on your wordpress website very easily. Things will continue to evolve and might change in the future though.

I have to mention that you can also host your wordpress website on almost any webhost out there, wordpress.org does not require you to host it only in one place. Wordpress is a powerful software and takes a bit of learning to understand and use, but there are tons of materials out there, and webhosting companies can also help you start it up with no experience necessary.

So i decided to mention these because i thought your knowledge about wordpress vs was somewhat limited

ps: You also mentioned "theme" and "template", depending on the context, they mean the same thing, just called differently depending on what software you're using. Its like saying "basement" and "underground" in different countries

3 Likes

Re: I Still Need Clarifications - I Don't Understand A Lot About Starting A Blog by Skykid1208(m): 7:19am On May 31, 2016
DomainKingTeam:

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in registering your domain name for your blog with us.

1.) If you want to convert your .com blog to your custom .com domain then you then you don't need to buy any hosting plan for this. You just need to register a domain name. Once your domain name is registered you can use our free DNS service to link your custom domain with your .com blog or you can also ask us to integrate it for you.

2) No it is hosted by Google. If you only buy your domain name to link to your .com, then your blog is hosted by Google. And it is not self hosted. Self hosted generally means that you have your own hosting that you have bought from a hosting provider.

3) Your blog will still be hosted on Google. Only your domain name will change from .com to your own .com. All your content of your website and your ads and everything else will remain the same. So in simple words, your blogspost.com blog will change to .com blog and everything else will all be the same. And your website will still be powered by Google.

4) Yes, you just need to register a domain name if you want to change your .com blog to custom .com domain. There is nothing else that is required. You can register your domain from here: http://www.domainking.ng/domain-registration/

For registering your domain name this guide will be helpful for you: http://www.domainking.ng/articles/how-to-register-your-domain-name/

Once your domain is registered you can contact our support and we will help and guide you with all the integration process.

5) Please note that Google .com blog linked with custom .com, .ng etc. domain name is hosted by Google. Self hosted simply means a website hosted that is hosted on your own hosting that you have bought from any hosting provider.

So for example if you have bought hosting plan to host your simple HTML website, then it is self hosted as you have bought your own hosting for your website.

And similarly if you have a .com blog then it is hosted by Google Blogger. If you have a blog, then it is hosted by

I would like to clarify once again that a blog is hosted by Google on their servers. And even after you have linked your .com blog to your custom domain your blog will still be hosted by Google. You will use the same blogger.com interface to post your blog posts, your ads will be the same, your template will be the same . Everything will remain the same but only your domain name will change from .com to your .com domain.

Best Regards,
Karan
domainking.NG

interesting
Re: I Still Need Clarifications - I Don't Understand A Lot About Starting A Blog by DEGREE2466(m): 7:23am On May 31, 2016
Yungwizzzy:
Moneytise your blog today and earn big

is it foreign account and if yes how much do you wanna sell it
Re: I Still Need Clarifications - I Don't Understand A Lot About Starting A Blog by datGuyJoo: 7:35am On May 31, 2016
Definition of a Blog: One's opinion ( personal or business) written out like an old school dairy for everyone to see. Usually only shows things from the bloggers perspective hence blogs are normally biased.

And what is your plan apart from wanting to start a blog? What's your vision?

Very interesting that everyone has a blog hence not a lot of strong content on there, just copy and paste. If you see one blog you have seen them all as every one has the same content being copied around. Wouldn't it make more sense to have a collective of people run a blog then it actually has a chance to become something.

1 percent of a Billion is better than 100% of 3k

1 Like

Re: I Still Need Clarifications - I Don't Understand A Lot About Starting A Blog by nenergy(m): 8:01am On May 31, 2016
DomainKingTeam:

Best Regards,
Karan
domainking.NG
DomainKing is the best in Nigeria. I have 3 domains with them. Prompt support and payment in Naira. Highly recommended.

1 Like

Re: I Still Need Clarifications - I Don't Understand A Lot About Starting A Blog by MrMystique(m): 8:17am On May 31, 2016
DomainKingTeam:

Hi,

Best Regards,
Karan
domainking.NG
What's the Difference between A forum and A blog? What do I need to start a Forum, an Educational one Sir, Thanks in Advance.

1 Like

Re: I Still Need Clarifications - I Don't Understand A Lot About Starting A Blog by Emeka71(m): 8:33am On May 31, 2016
@coolkemie ; take a clue from www.9jatotalfacts. ; I advice you to get your blog on .com instead of WordPress.
Re: I Still Need Clarifications - I Don't Understand A Lot About Starting A Blog by Elkay3: 8:41am On May 31, 2016
MrMystique post=46130471]
What's the Difference between A forum and A blog? What do I need to start a Forum, an Educational one Sir, Thanks in Advance.
That's exactly what's on my mind. I do hope a webmaster answers that important question...
Re: I Still Need Clarifications - I Don't Understand A Lot About Starting A Blog by folks4luv(f): 8:43am On May 31, 2016
nenergy:

DomainKing is the best in Nigeria. I have 3 domains with them. Prompt support and payment in Naira. Highly recommended.
pls, how much does it cost to but a domain on domainking? in naira pls

1 Like

Re: I Still Need Clarifications - I Don't Understand A Lot About Starting A Blog by leksmedia: 8:44am On May 31, 2016
Everything you need to know about creating a Blog from start to finish with pictures

http://www.businessmopol.com/how-to-create-a-wordpress-blog-from-start-to-finish/
Re: I Still Need Clarifications - I Don't Understand A Lot About Starting A Blog by fbkman7: 8:48am On May 31, 2016
Interesting thread.

How can a blog be monetized?
Re: I Still Need Clarifications - I Don't Understand A Lot About Starting A Blog by Nobody: 8:54am On May 31, 2016
DEGREE2466:

is it foreign account and if yes how much do you wanna sell it
Call me
Re: I Still Need Clarifications - I Don't Understand A Lot About Starting A Blog by georgen2u(m): 9:15am On May 31, 2016
This site is self hosted wordpress. Now have a rethinking that Blogspots isn't a match for wordpress
www.insidesahara.com
Re: I Still Need Clarifications - I Don't Understand A Lot About Starting A Blog by sirsharks(m): 9:52am On May 31, 2016
I'll recommend Web4africa•com for domain purchase in Naira (N2400)
Re: I Still Need Clarifications - I Don't Understand A Lot About Starting A Blog by sirsharks(m): 9:52am On May 31, 2016
I'll recommend Web4africa•ng for domain purchase in Naira (N2400)

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Design A Professional Website Using Dreamweaver / 5 Reasons You Should Start Your Blog This New Year / Fireworks Vs Photoshop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.