Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,354 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Story of My life (EPISODE 1) THE BIRTH - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story of My life (EPISODE 1) THE BIRTH (981 Views)

The Story Of My Life (episode 1) / The Birth Of A Woman's God - A Short Parody / RENEGADE 1 (the Night He Was Supposed To Deflower His Girl; His Father Did!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Story of My life (EPISODE 1) THE BIRTH by AkposMarks1: 11:26pm On May 29, 2016
[i]Introduction: This is the first episode of this story . Introducing to my reader s the account  of the childhood days of a young girl. The challenges she faced as she grew up and those she is still faced with. This series promises to be  worth reading, with lessons to learn, tears to shed. And also it  is also laughter and adventure filled.

Everyone has a  story to tell… some stories are so very interesting to tell, I really don’t know if mine can be said to be all that interesting because in as much as I forever would be grateful for the gift of life there are some really sad experiences that still make me shed tears. Now where do I start from?

Well it all started just an hour past midnight on the first day of April, year still unknown to me because at the time I was born my parents never thought it right to register my birth. My mother who I was told  had only carried me just for eight months and a few days counting, went into labour. As my father constantly reminded me was on the Fools day (guess it sounds funny but it is actually the truth).. When this all started, it seemed like a plot by my mother as nobody really seemed to believe that I was about “dropping”. Who was to blame? Obviously not my mother nor the unbelieving spectators who watched as my mother shrieked in pain.. Hold up for a second…, do not try to pass the blame on me.. How dare you concede such an erroneous thought? Anyways, for those of the opinion that the blame be placed on me.. How in heaven’s name should I have known  and forced my way out just around that time.. Moreover, if I had been given a fair hearing before been sentenced to a life in this country of ours I definitely would have chose anywhere but this beautiful and ever flourishing country Nigeria (that doesn’t in anyway undermine the fact that I have actually been forced to develop a sense of pride for Nigeria).. Well as they say; “God knows best”..

My bad… sorry for diverting a bit, where was I?  So as I was before carelessly swaying away, I was told everyone watched as my mother cried in the pain they say I caused her screaming ” dis one no be April fool o!!! my pikin don dey come o..” they probably felt the genuine pain in her voice as it suddenly dawned on them that it wasn’t a stunt at all..You can imagine the drama I pulled even before dropping on earth, from this you can agree with me that I really had a bright future ahead of me.

It took quite a while or should I say God had to touch my very little baby’s heart  before I finally succumbed reluctantly to my mother’s push and the women’s cry of “madam push o o..” (so I was also told and knew) probably I was perceiving in advance what and where I was been pushed to.

Unlike other babies who actually come to earth and the first thing they do is to open their wide mouth to cry.. I was totally different from them, Why should I cry? Now let me help you picture me at that moment I came out with my eyes shining wan-wan and with a very deep frown like the one Kanye always has on. I guess you all know why I had that frown. You can ask if you still don’t know… Well as I said earlier on God knows best…

At that point in time, the women with my mama called out to my father “papa Jite your wife don born o..” my father ran into the room with all excitement (so I was told) picking me up as I stared into his eyes probably wondering who he was.. Suddenly the excitement he felt just died down.. Are you surprised? Don’t be surprised I shall tell you what killed the excitement he felt for the first few seconds.. He was expecting me to come out as a boy because that was what he wanted a male child, after having five girls back to back.. He looked at me and decided to call me Omotejohwo meaning “at least girl na still pikin”.. You can imagine.... Click to continue reading https://akposmarks./2016/05/29/the-story-of-my-life-episode-1-the-birth/

(1) (Reply)

Loose Nut-A Novella / A Christian Story: Wasted Months / MIRANDA - A Painful Loss (a short story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.