Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,484 members, 7,958,474 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:04 PM

The Reason I Wanted To Be A Boy - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Reason I Wanted To Be A Boy (1009 Views)

Younger Wole Soyinka Smoking, With A Boy Around Him (Throwback Photo) / Paulo Coelho's And A Boy Selling Pirated Copies Of His Book In Traffic / Tragicomedy:my Adventure The Day I Wanted To Check My Waec Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reason I Wanted To Be A Boy by daremiarchs(m): 9:59pm On Aug 10, 2016
The reasons I wanted to be a boy

Beauty, intelligence and sexy could not best describe the qualities I gathered some years back till this moment, I don’t think it is ever possible for any guy, old or young, short or tall, big or small, to pass by me without turning back to have a satisfying view of my delectable backside , which almost caused an okada rider his life. Technically, I am what researchers call the perfect 8 shape that stuns every being that comes handy with incomparable assets endowed in it. To cut the long descriptive essay short, Oyinkasola Oluwadamilare was the name I got on the 8th day I arrived on earth from Mr & Mrs Oluwadamilare Bassey , I was rated the most beautiful and blessed lady (you know how a lady can be termed blessed) in Nigeria by people who really appreciated God’s hand in my life.
With my level of beauty and unmeasurable assets, I still can’t help wishing I wasn’t a girl, I prefer being a boy because being a girl is actually a problem on its own, being an uncommon girl triples my trauma which makes me regret God’s decision of creating me as a female not to talk of a beautiful one.
The alpha incidence that pronged my hatred for been female happened some rough 15 years ago, I was around 25 or 26 then, it was a Wednesday, I woke up early and did little house chores or should I say Hostel chores which generally consists of washing of plates, undies and other necessary items, before taking my bath, I was actually planning to attend a birthday party which I received the invitation from a friend two days ago, I actually don’t fancy attending parties but I couldn't resist this particular party because of the mouth watering opportunities I believe I can clinch, opportunities like getting a rich boyfriends and other girls' headaches.
Dressed in white skirt and pink tops, I left my one-room apartment to the party, the day was actually fun-filled, I was enjoying myself to the fullest, guys had already started making passes at me, but as a sensible and expensive chick I seem to be, I prefer waiting for the best son of Adam to come handy.
Eventually, the big fish came and asked me to join him in dancing, I agreed to this, which approximately is the best mistake I had ever made. Dancing commenced and was in progress for about 10mins before the unexpected happened...... I had forgotten my monthly duties as a female, blood started oozing out of my inner chamber, MY SKIRTS!!, Oh! I am doomed, in a twinkle of an eye my pure white skirt became drowned with blood as my monthly visitor came visiting. All eyes were on me, What a mess!.. What a shit!.. She's careless!.. Is she a toddler?,were the words that filtered into my ears immediately, gazes started stinging like bees does to the skin, I could swear I heard giggles or should I call it subdued laughter from far ends of the club, immediately my legs pronged into action, and in a matter of seconds I found myself outside the club house, I found my way back to the hostel safely and since then, I've never for a second dared to forget my menstrual date. This was the first of many regrets I have, I couldn't help but think about the incident everyday till I started wishing I wasn't a girl, had it been I was a girl, I wouldn't have been disgraced publicly by a burden we ladies share.
Months after my first plight, I went out with a friend to watch a movie at the local film house in our area, the movie ended at exactly 8.30pm, walking down the path that leads to our different hostels, we talked about the movie we just finished watching, bidding Lola(my friend's name) goodnight at the T-junction that demarcated our separate ways because she lives at Shagari hostels which share the same T-junction with Lewis Lodges where I reside. Now alone, I walked briskly down the lonely path to avoid been robbed by bandits who always occupy the route at night, suddenly I met a group of guys coming from the local gin store near our hostel, on sighting them, I adjusted my mini skirt, getting closer I sensed they must have taken over dose of Ogogoro(local gin),passing them I tried as much as possible to walk faster but before I could take a step away, I felt a rough hand dropping on my delectable backside, Oh!, I cried, before I could muster anything else I felt many hands caressing my two B's, oh my God!, what is this?, immediately I realized what I was in for.. "RAPE!!!".
After a hard time with those ravenous beasts, I hurried down to my room due to the fact that my pubic area is boiling as a result of too much visitors, let's think about it, raped by a single man could cause death, what about been raped by 8 guys?..... Ooh!, why am I a female?.
And now here I'm, still the beautiful lady but unapproachable because I'm in a very critical state at the University teaching hospital where I was rushed to when I started moaning this afternoon, doctor said I'm ready to give birth...... To who?, a child if cause!... By who?.... Was I not raped?... This were the questions that were parading my innocent skull, had it been it was giving birth alone, I would have been happy, but Dr. Frankie added another thing which almost killed me, he said 'Lady, it's either you die and your child lives or you both die, because you have allowed to many penis into your vagina in a forceful manner which had.............. ''what he said next I don't know because I fainted immediately, waking up some minutes later, I asked for a pen and a book which was provided, on which I started this piece you are reading ,whether the child lived or not, I didn't have the chance to know, but my earnest prayer was for God to create the child a male. And to my parents, I love you still.
Yours sincerely,
Oyinkansola.
Re: The Reason I Wanted To Be A Boy by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 10, 2016
Pictures of the so-called assets or "you know the rest"
Besides, Op are you suffering from "gender ignorance "
Cos your post and your bio are two totally different things
Re: The Reason I Wanted To Be A Boy by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 10, 2016
Heart breaking

1 Like

Re: The Reason I Wanted To Be A Boy by daremiarchs(m): 10:19pm On Aug 10, 2016
it's just a story, not real!... yourboyWill try and understand it's my first
Re: The Reason I Wanted To Be A Boy by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 10, 2016
daremiarchs:
it's just a story, not real!... yourboyWill try and understand it's my first

Lol sorry for misunderstanding... all I did was glance through and jump to conclusions smiley

1 Like

Re: The Reason I Wanted To Be A Boy by daremiarchs(m): 10:32pm On Aug 10, 2016
thanks for reading..... smiley

1 Like

Re: The Reason I Wanted To Be A Boy by daremiarchs(m): 6:37pm On Sep 08, 2016
Re: The Reason I Wanted To Be A Boy by Adewhunmiiii(f): 10:06pm On Oct 02, 2016
daremiarchs:
thanks for reading..... smiley
Re: The Reason I Wanted To Be A Boy by daremiarchs(m): 10:12pm On Oct 02, 2016
[quote author=Adewhunmiiii post=49864464][/quote]
I sight you ma'am

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

MIRANDA - A Painful Loss (a short story) / The Tale Of A Private Lesson Teacher / I Have A Situation Mods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.