Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,534 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

BUYER BEWARE Tecno Marketers Using Multiple Profiles To Publicize Products - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / BUYER BEWARE Tecno Marketers Using Multiple Profiles To Publicize Products (2174 Views)

Beware: Tecno Phantom 8 Post Update Issue / Selfie Lovers Beware: Eight Ways Your Gadgets May Be Harming You / Tecno Mobile Female Marketers Twerk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BUYER BEWARE Tecno Marketers Using Multiple Profiles To Publicize Products by SirLewis(m): 1:41am On May 30, 2016
Honestly I wouldn't have bothered creating this topic because I realise that the hard times are responsible for what our unemployed graduates have been goaded into doing to earn a living, but there are interested phone buyers out there who need proper advice when searching for a device, money is hard to come by and harder to spend these days, one cannot afford to buy a phone and regret doing so later because of arising problems, hence you are the reason for this.

It's come to my notice as well as other observant nairalanders that currently, there are Tecno marketers on nairaland, who, naturally, have been given the task of advertising and encouraging prospective buyers to purchase tecno devices. (Have you noticed the surge in Tecno phone related topics lately?). Now there's nothing outwardly wrong with that, it's all business and business needs customers, right? But this is where the need for concern arises. It's indisputable that most Android devices come with bugs, both hardware and software problems, Tecno is certainly no exception( just go through the Camon C8 thread if in doubt). Hence one really has to do proper research you might say before buying a phone.

The problem is, due to the activities of these marketers who create multiple nairaland accounts, open threads related to tecno devices and make fawning, commending comments about tecno phones, one can easily be deceived into thinking the comments are approvals from real users of that brand or persons genuinely interested in buying the phone. DON'T BE DECEIVED. Don't rush naively to buy any phone unless it was recommended to you by a trustworthy nairalander experienced with Android phones or other users of that device have given positive reviews about it. You can tell this by carefully reading through the comments on a particular thread and observing if user experiences are related (have they've charged the phone more than once, tested the battery's duration, operated it for two days or longer, tested camera quality, tested the phone's network reception strength by downloading, installed apps and launched them, installed and played hd games etc). Be wary if all you see are comments about how "impressive the specs are" or how "tecno is really trail blazing the phone market" or "how awesome the device must be" as most times these comments are made by tecno marketers using different profile names.

The aim for this topic is not to discredit the phone brand Tecno or paint their devices as malfunctioning garbage, the warnings given above also apply to threads of any brand. I'm honestly concerned that interested phone buyers make the right choice and enjoy satisfactorily the devices they've acquired without any bugs or glitches which can be maddening to deal with. No buyer deserves to say "make I manage am like that" after spending their hard earned cash to buy a faulty worthless bug ridden contraption disguised as a phone.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUYER BEWARE Tecno Marketers Using Multiple Profiles To Publicize Products by NCP: 2:48am On May 30, 2016
Na nau u just dey know? if u lyk we fit post thier multiple monikers here.

1 Like

Re: BUYER BEWARE Tecno Marketers Using Multiple Profiles To Publicize Products by industrious: 5:34am On May 30, 2016
It's getting quite worrying..

Especially most of them with a female moniker cheesy
Re: BUYER BEWARE Tecno Marketers Using Multiple Profiles To Publicize Products by khalhokage(m): 5:40am On May 30, 2016
OP edit your posts, add one more line spacing between each paragraphs to make it easier to read.

As for the topic, I agree wholeheartedly, there are novices looking to buy devices on Nairaland and they're going to pick devices based on misinformation because of these characters.

2 Likes

Re: BUYER BEWARE Tecno Marketers Using Multiple Profiles To Publicize Products by yomalex(m): 6:19am On May 30, 2016
Dark marketing?
Re: BUYER BEWARE Tecno Marketers Using Multiple Profiles To Publicize Products by SirLewis(m): 7:19am On May 30, 2016
khalhokage:
OP edit your posts, add one more line spacing between each paragraphs to make it easier to read.

As for the topic, I agree wholeheartedly, there are novices looking to buy devices on Nairaland and they're going to pick devices based on misinformation because of these characters.
Thanks, done so.
Re: BUYER BEWARE Tecno Marketers Using Multiple Profiles To Publicize Products by NCP: 7:28am On May 30, 2016
yomalex:
Dark marketing?

yes, Voodoo Marketing according tecNO agents
Re: BUYER BEWARE Tecno Marketers Using Multiple Profiles To Publicize Products by Leobreezy(m): 10:11am On May 30, 2016
I'm glad to see we still have vigilant Nigerians out there. If Nigeria was not so third world we won't even have all these one star rated phone companies selling their phones here. That's why they can't even dare market their brands in advanced countries like the US cuz no one would buy their substandard phones.
Re: BUYER BEWARE Tecno Marketers Using Multiple Profiles To Publicize Products by donbenie(m): 11:36am On May 30, 2016
True talk bro,many phone cos are guilty of this but Tecno is WORST at it,I've even noticed how even on reputable mobile sites like MobilityArena how some of these Tecno Shiis swamp on some articles to extol the virtues of their products to high heavens..#SMH
Re: BUYER BEWARE Tecno Marketers Using Multiple Profiles To Publicize Products by Babalegba(m): 12:00pm On May 30, 2016
Tecno marketers are very annoying
Re: BUYER BEWARE Tecno Marketers Using Multiple Profiles To Publicize Products by princesuko(m): 12:17pm On May 30, 2016
I fell prey to one of their "marketing scheme" with the tecno l8.

Their so called agent hyped this 1gb phone saying the new HIOS integrated into the phone will make it better than most 2gb phone which i ended up believing now i am left with a power bank. And it takes about 5-6hrs to charge using the follow come charger.
Re: BUYER BEWARE Tecno Marketers Using Multiple Profiles To Publicize Products by Youngpo413: 12:22pm On May 30, 2016
Save your money and go for Samsung then thank me later,
Re: BUYER BEWARE Tecno Marketers Using Multiple Profiles To Publicize Products by trigar12(m): 12:30pm On May 30, 2016
princesuko:

Their so called agent hyped this 1gb phone saying the new HIOS integrated into the phone will make it better than most 2gb phone which i ended up believing now i am left with a power bank. And it takes about 5-6hrs to charge using the follow come charger.

Re: BUYER BEWARE Tecno Marketers Using Multiple Profiles To Publicize Products by oluwadaemilola: 2:48pm On May 31, 2016
you've got to be kidding me i have never noticed this
Re: BUYER BEWARE Tecno Marketers Using Multiple Profiles To Publicize Products by Leobreezy(m): 6:58pm On May 31, 2016
oluwadaemilola:
How will you notice when you're one of the useless tecno marketers! You even have the nerve to comment on this thread. You guys are just hopelessly stupid.

7 Likes

Re: BUYER BEWARE Tecno Marketers Using Multiple Profiles To Publicize Products by Fundango: 8:31pm On May 31, 2016
princesuko:

grin sorry oo too bad
Re: BUYER BEWARE Tecno Marketers Using Multiple Profiles To Publicize Products by Tonymic4life(m): 8:47pm On May 31, 2016
Leobreezy:
How will you notice when you're one of the useless tecno marketers! You even have the nerve to comment on this thread. You guys are just hopelessly stupid.
sure boy! U gat him. U shud pass 4 a detective.im sure his tougue is stucked in his mouth. good job

1 Like

Re: BUYER BEWARE Tecno Marketers Using Multiple Profiles To Publicize Products by Shittaakeem(m): 8:50pm On May 31, 2016
Leobreezy:

guy chop knuckle.

I've always said it tecno fanboys made me hate tecno with the rate at which they over hype the phone.

1 Like

Re: BUYER BEWARE Tecno Marketers Using Multiple Profiles To Publicize Products by SirLewis(m): 9:13pm On May 31, 2016
Leobreezy:

2 Likes

Re: BUYER BEWARE Tecno Marketers Using Multiple Profiles To Publicize Products by SirLewis(m): 9:16pm On May 31, 2016
oluwadaemilola:
Lol, thank you for foolishly exposing yourself and confirming all that's been said.

1 Like

Re: BUYER BEWARE Tecno Marketers Using Multiple Profiles To Publicize Products by csc2(m): 9:38pm On May 31, 2016
Well, I have no problem with TECNO products.
Re: BUYER BEWARE Tecno Marketers Using Multiple Profiles To Publicize Products by SirLewis(m): 10:54pm On May 31, 2016
csc2:
Well, I have no problem with TECNO products.
You don't... but they do
https://www.nairaland.com/2504113/tecno-camon-c8-discussion-thread/128
Re: BUYER BEWARE Tecno Marketers Using Multiple Profiles To Publicize Products by csc2(m): 2:51am On Jun 01, 2016
SirLewis:
You don't... but they do

Already visit the link/thread and I see nothing special there. All phones including Samsung and the so call iPhone develop issues but if you seek the necessary help, you gonna fix the issues without splitting much sweat.
Re: BUYER BEWARE Tecno Marketers Using Multiple Profiles To Publicize Products by Nobody: 7:31am On Jun 01, 2016
I think they are marketing their products aggressively... I dont blame em though.. I use Tecno products as well and inasmuch as they aint the best in the Market, they are fairly good in terms of what I need from em...

Not erybody can afford a Samsung S4 or an Iphone 4(Note that I aint talking 'bout S5 or Iphone 5).... These phones are expensive and a lotta Nigerians belong to the Chinese brand class... They need phones with good batteries(3000 - 6000MaH), They need phones with good Camera(Gionee M5 mini, Camon C8, Boom J8, Infinix hot 2 etc), They need gaming phones and they need em to be affordable...
Re: BUYER BEWARE Tecno Marketers Using Multiple Profiles To Publicize Products by udysweet(f): 9:26am On Jun 01, 2016
So where do we go to get honest reviews when we want to buy a phone? Am seriosly considering getting a new phone,a change frm my Grand Duos GT19082 jare,d fone don old. But I can't afford these high ended phones. Considering btw Gionee and Tecno Camon Serios(the affordable one o)
I jus don't like a hanging phone and smtn wit beta camera so I can snap my bead jobs well so it can show.
Saving up tho. A friend toldme abt M5 mini,dunno the diff btw it and the M5
Re: BUYER BEWARE Tecno Marketers Using Multiple Profiles To Publicize Products by SirLewis(m): 9:28am On Jun 01, 2016
csc2:

Already visit the link/thread and I see nothing special there. All phones including Samsung and the so call iPhone develop issues but if you seek the necessary help, you gonna fix the issues without splitting much sweat.
The point isn't if tecno is the only brand with phones that develops issues, it's that due to how some unscrupulous persons here market these phones by over hyping them, one will be fooled into buying it without knowing that it has inherent defects. Camon C8 has always had multitasking issues. How can you use a phone that supposedly has a 1 gig ram and can't run more than 2 apps at a time? And then came the marshmallow update which should've fixed it all but just made things worse. Now some persons can't even make proper use of it anymore because it turns off on it's own. The brands you mentioned, Samsung and iPhone give their customers the opportunity of exchanging their brand new devices for a new one and are swift in releasing updates to fix any bugs their users encounter. Tecno doesn't. Rather than offer any assistance these useless marketers are deceiving more people to buy these same defective phones. THAT'S VERY WRONG.
Re: BUYER BEWARE Tecno Marketers Using Multiple Profiles To Publicize Products by SirLewis(m): 9:41am On Jun 01, 2016
Djangocode:
I think they are marketing their products aggressively... I dont blame em though.. I use Tecno products as well and inasmuch as they aint the best in the Market, they are fairly good in terms of what I need from em...

Not erybody can afford a Samsung S4 or an Iphone 4(Note that I aint talking 'bout S5 or Iphone 5).... These phones are expensive and a lotta Nigerians belong to the Chinese brand class... They need phones with good batteries(3000 - 6000MaH), They need phones with good Camera(Gionee M5 mini, Camon C8, Boom J8, Infinix hot 2 etc), They need gaming phones and they need em to be affordable...

Again, you seem to have missed my point. I'm not recommending that people only purchase the higher brands but rather they should be very careful when looking out for the lower brands. Funny enough, I use a tecno j7 and I've not encountered any problems to complain about. Tecno did a good job with it. I know how much questions I had to ask before I bought it. Unfortunately it's not so for all their devices. If it did have issues though and I knew about this, it would be almost criminal on my part for me to come online and praise the phone to the high heavens. That's the bone of contention here.
Re: BUYER BEWARE Tecno Marketers Using Multiple Profiles To Publicize Products by SirLewis(m): 9:54am On Jun 01, 2016
udysweet:
So where do we go to get honest reviews when we want to buy a phone? Am seriosly considering getting a new phone,a change frm my Grand Duos GT19082 jare,d fone don old. But I can't afford these high ended phones. Considering btw Gionee and Tecno Camon Serios(the affordable one o)
I jus don't like a hanging phone and smtn wit beta camera so I can snap my bead jobs well so it can show.
Saving up tho. A friend toldme abt M5 mini,dunno the diff btw it and the M5
This is the Gionee m5 mini thread for its users. You can read through it and see the reviews and any complaints given by them

https://www.nairaland.com/2830762/gionee-m5mini-review-nairaland-friends/74

The link to the tecno camon c8 thread is posted above, you can also visit that too and compare between both reviews.
Re: BUYER BEWARE Tecno Marketers Using Multiple Profiles To Publicize Products by udysweet(f): 10:05am On Jun 01, 2016
Reading through a combined nos of almost 400 pages isn't fun to me o,evn if I'm running a PHd thesis,lol! Tried going thru a few times tho either somone one wants to be added to a whatsapp group or saying they upgraded to an OS or so,lol! Thanks tho,will probably revisit it again.
SirLewis:
This is the Gionee m5 mini thread for its users. You can read through it and see the reviews and any complaints given by them

https://www.nairaland.com/2830762/gionee-m5mini-review-nairaland-friends/74

The link to the tecno camon c8 thread is posted above, you can also visit that too and compare between both reviews.
Re: BUYER BEWARE Tecno Marketers Using Multiple Profiles To Publicize Products by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 01, 2016
SirLewis:
Again, you seem to have missed my point. I'm not recommending that people only purchase the higher brands but rather they should be very careful when looking out for the lower brands. Funny enough, I use a tecno j7 and I've not encountered any problems to complain about. Tecno did a good job with it. I know how much questions I had to ask before I bought it. Unfortunately it's not so for all their devices. If it did have issues though and I knew about this, it would be almost criminal on my part for me to come online and praise the phone to the high heavens. That's the bone of contention here.

Oh.. I get yo points Brov...

Guess you are right then...

1 Like

Re: BUYER BEWARE Tecno Marketers Using Multiple Profiles To Publicize Products by Rilwayne001: 12:44pm On Jun 01, 2016
SirLewis:
You don't... but they do

No, you can't generalize. I have been using tecno product for the past 3years now and I have no regret whatsoever. As a matter of fact, I am currently using camonC8 and I am on that thread.
So you and the moronic OP can go to hell undecided

F-cking haters angry
Re: BUYER BEWARE Tecno Marketers Using Multiple Profiles To Publicize Products by SirLewis(m): 3:45pm On Jun 01, 2016
udysweet:
Reading through a combined nos of almost 400 pages isn't fun to me o,evn if I'm running a PHd thesis,lol! Tried going thru a few times tho either somone one wants to be added to a whatsapp group or saying they upgraded to an OS or so,lol! Thanks tho,will probably revisit it again.
Yeah it's quite a task, but it's the best way to get honest reviews. You're welcome

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mtn Night Plan #25 For 500mb Is A Scam!!! / Tread For Tecno W4 Users! / The New Gionee A1 Lite Full Specifications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.