Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,889 members, 7,824,710 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable (9463 Views)

UI To Meet Parents, Guardians, Students On Fee Increase, Says VC / Protest At Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma Over School Fees Increment (Pics) / When You Have Been Misbehaving In School And Your Grandma Goes To PTA Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable by ishowdotgmail(m): 6:34am On May 30, 2016
The University of Ibadan (UI) will be holding a parent and stakeholders forum to resolve the crisis, which led to the closure of the university, a few weeks ago.

The meeting titled “University of Ibadan parents/stakeholders’ forum” is scheduled to hold at Trenchard Hall, University of Ibadan, on Tuesday, 7 June, 2016, at 11am.

In a statement signed by Olujimi Olukoya, registrar of the University, parents are urged to attend the meeting without their wards, as students are not yet allowed on campus.

“Following the recent development that led to students being advised to vacate the campus, the Management, Senate and Council of the University of Ibadan, have at various levels been deliberating on ways to address this problem with a view to finding lasting solution and ensuring resumption as soon as possible,” the statement read.

“Parents and other stakeholders in the UI project are cordially invited to this forum… we specially covet your presence and valuable input at this important meeting.

“Kindly note that students are yet to be recalled and as such should still stay away from the campus. Thank you for your support at all times.”

Students have taken to social media to describe the meeting as a Parents, Teachers Association (PTA) meeting, reminiscent of their primary and secondary school days.

Ayantola Alanyande, the Students’ Union public relations officer (PRO), in another statement, urged students to remain calm and resolute in their demands for justice and basic amenities.

“While we await the decision of the University on Mote’s case, electricity and water supply, and resumption date, we have our fingers crossed and keep undying strategies to ensure that our victory is certain,” the statement read in part

“Once again, disregard any post launching attacks on the Union leadership and throwing such divisive darts in the minds of students.

“Like the Vice Chancellor of the University himself said yesterday ‘tough time never lasts, but tough people do’, we remain committed and undiscouraged in this struggle. This is a moment of social change and it comes with both loyalty and betrayal.

https://www.thecable.ng/ui-hold-pta-meeting-school-closure

Cc: Lalasticlala

Re: UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable by ishowdotgmail(m): 6:36am On May 30, 2016
Nawa oooo.... this is really serious, when we are not in Primary school cry

UI stop falling my hand na(First and the Best)
Re: UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable by CzarRex: 6:54am On May 30, 2016
Hahaha,U.I is now a secondary school, I thought PTA meeting were only for Primary & Sec.Schools

1 Like

Re: UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable by AceRoyal: 6:55am On May 30, 2016
One of the best university in Nigeria now turning to a glorified secondary school! shocked embarassed
It seems in this present administration,freedom of expression and demand for better living in almost every sector or level is highly prohibited. angry

The school authorities should address the issues that led to the protests properly and not try to intimidate and harass the students.

Most Federal universities are experiencing protests,this shows that there are fundamental issues to be addressed and looked into by relevant authorities I.e Minister of Education,which cannot be solved by intimidation and harassments. angry
Re: UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable by sexyse027(m): 6:55am On May 30, 2016
no comment
Re: UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable by Nobody: 6:55am On May 30, 2016
Re: UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable by SKAMM(m): 6:55am On May 30, 2016
@ishowdotgmail Uniport has been holding PTA meeting since last year infact they just held one last friday! I'm so disappointed with the management of these Universities trying to use our parents against us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable by kajsa08: 6:56am On May 30, 2016
Eya.... FP
Re: UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable by Badgers14: 6:56am On May 30, 2016
grin

1 Share

Re: UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable by koxi: 6:56am On May 30, 2016
Indeed the post above me....na primary school?
Soon dem go say make dem bring broom and cutlass, den chalk and charcoal
Re: UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable by lonelydora: 6:58am On May 30, 2016
I thought PTA is only for primary/secondary schools?
Re: UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable by omusiliyu(m): 6:58am On May 30, 2016
It can only happen during Babu regime
Re: UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable by kingarizona1(m): 6:58am On May 30, 2016
CzarRex:
Hahaha,U.I is now a secondary school, I thought PTA meeting were only for Primary & Sec.Schools

cheesy
Re: UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable by sanity12(m): 6:59am On May 30, 2016
UI is a good school.....
Re: UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable by kceewhyte(m): 6:59am On May 30, 2016
I rmba this meeting in primary sch grin
Re: UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable by josites(m): 6:59am On May 30, 2016
Chai PTA ko, OTA ni university don turn to kiddies academy
Re: UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable by dsmooth1(m): 7:02am On May 30, 2016
I dey laff ooo,,, PTA meeting bawooo grin
Re: UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable by DeleSuper1: 7:02am On May 30, 2016
grin grin grin[color=#550000][/color][b][/b]after the PTA, hope there'll be no more strike forever.

bundesliga. I know what they want to tell them.
the following items are needed:
2 tissue papers
2 brooms
2 cane (pankere)
2 lux soap
2 exercise books.
etc.

2 Likes

Re: UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable by Ghydyon(m): 7:04am On May 30, 2016
Who is to be blame on this? Why can't our universities managements get things right?

1 Like

Re: UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable by seunlayi(m): 7:11am On May 30, 2016
UI just fall my hand, what is the need for this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable by DamiG(f): 7:13am On May 30, 2016
I swear Olayinka isnt well angry Are uites now little kids that they have to organise PTA for us.I thought PTA ended in secondary.

U.I should just go ahead and sow uniform for us grin Since they've decided to treat us like kids sad

2 Likes

Re: UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable by ORACLE1975(m): 7:15am On May 30, 2016
grin grin grin democracy weldone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable by ishowdotgmail(m): 7:15am On May 30, 2016
SKAMM:
@ishowdotgmail Uniport has been holding PTA meeting since last year infact they just held one last friday! I'm so disappointed with the management of these Universities trying to use our parents against us.

Really? Me wey dem neva attend PTA meeting for in Primary scchool. Wch mouth I go take tell my papa for house like this?
Re: UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable by AmbodOfLASU: 7:16am On May 30, 2016
koxi:
Indeed the post above me....na primary school?
Soon dem go say make dem bring broom and cutlass, den chalk and charcoal

Your comment reminds me of my primary school days. .. grin grin cheesy grin. Those days(every Friday) we would bring charcoal from house to darken our teaching board.... cry cry
After Darkening it, the first teacher to use it always enjoy it...

I wish I could turn back the hands of time and enjoy those days again. embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry

3 Likes

Re: UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable by virginboy1(m): 7:18am On May 30, 2016
Just imagine PTA for university na wa ooo
Re: UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable by mcb60(m): 7:19am On May 30, 2016
following the interview of Ui VC on diamond FM Ibadan, it is obvious that the management is devising strategies to cajole parents and stakeholders. They intend to buy them to their side by continuing the lies they know how to disseminate. hence, making student look unserious. perhaps, they want to make the demand of students look outrageous because according to the VC in the interview, students take to the streets whenever there is 5 minutes power outage, when in fact, there were times students claimed not to have power and water supply for over fourthy eight hours. And also he lied about the electricity bills of the university community.
in this regards, the VC in person of Olayinka has shown a high level of incompetence. And according to things I heard him say on radio, I was just able to confirm what the students have been saying about him on social media. was it not this same school that our health Minister governed? perhaps, the Olayinka man is not an administrator but just an academic cost at least, his cv is somewhat intimidating and I think there is no geologist that has surpassed his achievement in that field, in the history of the discipline in west Africa. but still, with the look of things, he doesn't seem to be an administrator and he also lacks some vital leadership qualities.
what I recommend is the union leadership should write to the president of the country or the education minister to look into the activities of this VC and many other VCs of our federal universities so as to correct the anomalies in the system. if not, I fear for this country's future.

6 Likes

Re: UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable by koxi: 7:19am On May 30, 2016
AmbodOfLASU:

Your comment reminds me of my primary school days. .. grin grin cheesy grin. Those days we would bring charcoal from house to dark our teaching board.... cry cry
After Darking it, the first teacher to use it always enjoy it...

I wish I could turn back the hands of time and enjoy those days again. embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry

cheesy cheesy cheesy. I dey feel you my guy. I join you to also wish I could back the hands of time...
Re: UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable by Demayour: 7:19am On May 30, 2016
That is what happens when a country is full of people who would rather keep staring at the problems instead of looking for solutions. Its a shame that both in our political and academic sectors, Nigeria does not have leaders who are problems solvers but problem creators and announcers.

1 Like

Re: UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable by Nobody: 7:20am On May 30, 2016
Na wa ooooooooo
Re: UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable by DamiG(f): 7:24am On May 30, 2016
mcb60:
following the interview of Ui VC on diamond FM Ibadan, it is obvious that the management is devising strategies to cajole parents and stakeholders. They intend to buy them to their side by continuing the lies they know how to disseminate. hence, making student look unserious. perhaps, they want to make the demand of students look outrageous because according to the VC in the interview, students take to the streets whenever there is 5 minutes power outage, when in fact, there were times students claimed not to have power and water supply for over fourthy eight hours. And also he lied about the electricity bills of the university community.
in this regards, the VC in person of Olayinka has shown a high level of incompetence. And according to things I heard him say on radio, I was just able to confirm what the students have been saying about him on social media. was it not this same school that our health Minister governed? perhaps, the Olayinka man is not an administrator but just an academic cost at least, his cv is somewhat intimidating and I think there is no geologist that has surpassed his achievement in that field, in the history of the discipline in west Africa. but still, with the look of things, he doesn't seem to be an administrator and he also lacks some vital leadership qualities.
what I recommend is the union leadership should write to the president of the country or the education minister to look into the activities of this VC and many other VCs of our federal universities so as to correct the anomalies in the system. if not, I fear for this country's future.
True talk,its an attempt to silence the students sad

1 Like

Re: UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable by virginboy1(m): 7:32am On May 30, 2016
Now its PTA, i hope later they won't organise excursions to AIT or lobby for inter house sport?

Well, as far as all this brouhaha does not affects its Dlc program #WMB#

1 Like

Re: UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable by SKAMM(m): 7:33am On May 30, 2016
If only Uniport gave us the right to tell our parents of the meetings ourselves. Rather they decipher the information through parent's phone numbers they got during registration in year 1.
ishowdotgmail:

Really? Me wey dem neva attend PTA meeting for in Primary scchool. Wch mouth I go take tell my papa for house like this?

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook / Mass Communication Or Business Administration / NDA SHORTLISTED NAMES FOR ARMED FORCES SELECTION BOARD FOR THE 65TH RC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.