Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,743 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook (9462 Views)

Top 10 Social Science Scholarships In The World / 6 Factors To Consider If You Wish To Scale The 2020 JAMB / JAMB 2019-things To Consider When Choosing A Course (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by arefrizzy(m): 3:47am On Sep 04, 2017
For that freedom to truly express yourself.

Options other than Zuck’s Facebook

Are you tired of Facebook because your family members keep commenting on your status updates and your choice of profile picture? Fret no more!

We have 10 social media platforms that you should consider if you are ready to join a new social media family.

1. Twitter

This is the answer to your prayers as it will allow you to escape the nosiness of your loved ones. Its restless nature will definitely make it hard for Grandma and Aunty to keep up.

2. Sarahah

From its interface to its usually racy content, the ‘secret question’ app was definitely made to be used by millennials.

Apart from the social media platform anonymity clause, the app has still been largely explored by the youth, meaning it will be a while before mom and dad even know it exists.

3. Instagram

Although IG is not as safe as it once was from relatives (Thanks a lot, Zuckerberg!), the social media platform is still yet to be dominated by those you are avoiding on Facebook. The selfie zone also offers a privacy setting that allows you to control who follows you.

4. Snapchat

Research has shown that the image messaging application is used primarily by millenials and this should not come as a surprise. The platfoorm which is regarded as the fastest way to share a moment may move a bit too fast for anyone that is not a ’90s baby.

5. Tumblr

Similar to Instagram, Tumblr is a new age blogging tool which allows you to reblog other people’s posts. Although the platform is popular in Western countries, it is just starting to warm up to the hearts of Nigerian youth.

6. Pinterest

A revolutionary social network which allows its users to discover and share new interest, Pinterest has a very specific and faithful following. If you are ready to be part of a trendy but low-key niche, then this is may just be the new online hub for you.

7. LinkedIn

Not everyone wants to be on social media to gist and catch up. If you are the type of person who wants to come online for productive reasons, then LinkedIn is the platform for you.

Dubbed as ‘the social media network for professionals’, LinkedIn allows its users to discover new career opportunities and find out what’s going on in the professional community. If you are online for business, then LinkedIn is the spot for you.

8. MySpace

If you and your friends want to escape all the drama of overpopulated social media networks and exist in your own space, then MySpace is just the place for you. No, MySpace is not as popular as it used to be but the new and improved interface has some cool new features that could make you a believer.

9. Google+

A combination of Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, Google Plus is the site for all those business minds who would also like to mingle. Although it might not have the same following as Facebook and Twitter, it is definitely on the rise.

10. NaijaSpice

NaijaSpice is a very beautiful and welcoming information website you must read daily as you go http://www.NaijaSpice.com

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by Nobody: 6:17am On Sep 04, 2017
Facebook is damned... Can't remember the last time I used it. Deleted it long ago.

Twitter for the humour and updates.

Quora for the knowledge.

NL for the.... I dont even know sef cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by Mzflexydeeva(f): 6:34am On Sep 04, 2017
They all get dammed at some point, it's only a matter of time

2 Likes

Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by DesChyko: 7:16am On Sep 04, 2017
There's one called F-T-O-I-T-L-R
Family Time Out In The Living Room.
No data, no apps to Install, no battery to charge.
Just sit together, cross your legs and catch up on all you missed while paying attention to facebook.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by adajoe555: 7:27am On Sep 04, 2017
I'm not even a face book user I can't even think of downloading it
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by urvillagepeoplee(m): 7:42am On Sep 04, 2017
but Facebook is what we use to monitor city people na!!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 04, 2017
Quora.com trumps all of them. That site is a warehouse of information.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by ShawttySoFyne(f): 8:37am On Sep 04, 2017
DesChyko:
There's one called F-T-O-I-T-L-R
Family Time Out In The Living Room.
No data, no apps to Install, no battery to charge.
Just sit together, cross your legs and catch up on all you missed while paying attention to facebook.
lmaoo

8 Likes

Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by haconjy(m): 9:00am On Sep 04, 2017
it's nice but what of naijapal
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 04, 2017
Watching....
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 9:14am On Sep 04, 2017
I prefer NL to FB
I like my internet life to be anonymous.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by abiola708(m): 9:14am On Sep 04, 2017
Kindly followe me on twitter,need 300 followers for a contest... @abiola708
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 04, 2017
LastMumu:

information on quora transformed my life. I was actually expecting to see it on the list. But I remembered perhaps its the ops opinion. quora.com is certainly the best for me.

6 Likes

Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by OGeeKush(m): 9:31am On Sep 04, 2017
Twitter, Reddit and Quora

1 Like

Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by HomieQuan(m): 9:47am On Sep 04, 2017
nairaland grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 04, 2017
So u had to put ur own blog angry

1 Like

Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by jericco1(m): 9:53am On Sep 04, 2017
2go
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 04, 2017
If i were to choose one site for life it would be quora . ATM am on quora .24/7
Ambjosh:
information on quora transformed my life. I was actually expecting to see it on the list. But I remembered perhaps its the ops opinion. quora.com is certainly the best for me.
If i were to choose one site for life it would be quora . ATM am on quora .24/7

1 Like

Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by WalkerMichael(m): 11:32am On Sep 04, 2017
This list is so incomplete without quora op... If only you know the usefulness smiley you'd ditch Facebook, Instagram and snapchat for it.
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by Zex0020(m): 11:49am On Sep 04, 2017
OP I didn't see Badoo on the list, sha am proudly a nairalander
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by AnkaraStyles(f): 12:11pm On Sep 04, 2017
The only thing that caight my attention was Sarahah. For a second I thought it was some African thing.
Let me check it ou.

While Ladies check out My Signature
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by AnkaraStyles(f): 12:15pm On Sep 04, 2017
LastMumu:

Yea, you're right. The kind of people you meet on Quora you may never meet them in the real life. Bank of knoweledge and informstion. But I hate one thing, it's too Left politically. embarassed
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by Karleb(m): 12:24pm On Sep 04, 2017
Quora.com
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by lawrence35(m): 12:24pm On Sep 04, 2017
Mark knows the future of facebook, thats why he bought whatsapp and instagram.... he was even eyeing twitter sef... they no look e face.

Have you posted on [url]otupes.com.ng[/url] lately? try it and see.

1 Like

Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by MrDoGood(m): 12:35pm On Sep 04, 2017
And no Nairaland??

What are you thinking!!;!;!;;;;!
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by successking401(m): 12:52pm On Sep 04, 2017
Ambjosh:
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by Nenejeje(f): 1:25pm On Sep 04, 2017
the only social media I know of is steemit especially if you are a good content creator. so many nationalities are there making it big
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by lelvin(m): 1:38pm On Sep 04, 2017
There's this site too it's called "drop that stupidass phone and go have a life outside" very nice network and excellent graphics. You should try it

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable / Mass Communication Or Business Administration / NDA SHORTLISTED NAMES FOR ARMED FORCES SELECTION BOARD FOR THE 65TH RC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.