Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

What Does It Take To Be A Successful Nurse? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Does It Take To Be A Successful Nurse? (815 Views)

Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General / What Does It Mean To Be A Contract Staff? / Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Does It Take To Be A Successful Nurse? by jefy(m): 8:52am On May 30, 2016
Hello Dear Friends,
My sister is seriously considering going back to school,but not in her profession. She is a B.ed graduate and driven out of passion,she intend going to nursing school.
My questions goes this way;
*what are the career prospects in nursing?
*what is the starting point for her?
*what documents will she need to proceed?
*she is not science inclined but can learn fast
*how can she proceed to become a high ranking nurse,and what is the duration?
*what are the financial implications?
I'll be glad to get extensive information about the nursing profession. I know google is my friend,but I need your inputs. Thanks guys.
Re: What Does It Take To Be A Successful Nurse? by MrCow(m): 4:19pm On May 30, 2016
jefy:
Hello Dear Friends,
My sister is seriously considering going back to school,but not in her profession. She is a B.ed graduate and driven out of passion,she intend going to nursing school.
My questions goes this way;
*what are the career prospects in nursing?
*what is the starting point for her?
*what documents will she need to proceed?
*she is not science inclined but can learn fast
*how can she proceed to become a high ranking nurse,and what is the duration?
*what are the financial implications?
I'll be glad to get extensive information about the nursing profession. I know google is my friend,but I need your inputs. Thanks guys.

Hello,
I will start by saying is she coming into nursing because of the finance or outta passion

either ways I'll advise she starts with bnsc cos even those with RN only come back for their bnsc. that gives more opportunities and helps ranking

since she isn't science inclined, then I guess She'll have to start from part1 meaning she'll write utme again(talking from experience of my school OAU) because direct entry is for school of nursing and medical inclined courses like BCH and the likesl

there are so many opportunities in Nursing both in Nigeria and abroad, it just depends on what you can offer......... You just have to be on your toes and be the best you can be

finally,
if shez coming for the money and ranks, then she will be shocked, she may end up hating the profession #justsaying

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take To Be A Successful Nurse? by jefy(m): 4:12pm On Jun 02, 2016
Thanks Mrcow,you post give me more reason to question her and its yielding results.thanks

(1) (Reply)

8 Things Most Successful People Do At Night / Online or 1-on-1 Onsite Training On PRINCE2 / Please Help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.