Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,501 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

How To Retrieve Deleted Messages On Snapchat - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Retrieve Deleted Messages On Snapchat (3055 Views)

Recover Deleted Messages And Imessages From Iphone 7 Plus / How To Install A Recycle Bin In Your Android Device And Retrieve Deleted Files / How To Retrieve Deleted Text Messages On Android (working Method) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Retrieve Deleted Messages On Snapchat by Opistorincos(m): 2:29pm On May 30, 2016
Some days back I wrote about how to recover deleted files on your android smartphone, this post is also going to be about data recovery but this time around we are going to work on one of the most popular and widely used real time photo sharing app which is Snapchat, this particular chat app allows its users to also share videos on their timeline/page, add text to pictures, make a snap story that you can share with your friends and the shared file is only available/viewed for a few seconds i.e. maximum of 10 seconds. This time lapse accessibility feature plus an embedded Facebook-like messenger that allows you to interact privately with friends are one that makes Snapchat standout among all other photo & video sharing apps like Instagram, Vine and Vimeo.

Communication with friends on Snapchat can only be done through pictures i.e. pictures are used to convey messages from one person to another, something similar to a picture story, the most interesting part is the fact that these picture messages do not stay forever in your inbox, they are permanently erased from your devices i.e. the sender and the receiver once the ten seconds countdown has been elapsed, this sole feature has given Snapchat an upper hand over all other photo and video sharing app because to some, the permanent removal of messages is top notch privacy, well, I wouldn’t say that is totally true because most Snapchat users always have a second smartphone come in handy and with that they can record the activities on the phone they are using for Snapchat or alternatively they can use screen recorders to get a copy of their screen activities which of course includes the Snapchat video that is to expire in a couple thereby making such users have a copy of the Snapstory even after the expiration. All the methods of retaining a Snapstory on your phone that I had earlier mentioned are cool, timewasting and at the same time stressful, what if I tell you there is a way to restore deleted Snapstory and this method I am going to teach is less stressful and an absolute time saver, you probably don’t believe me, I know it’s hard to believe, just wait till you get to the end of this post before you make your conclusion, we have a deal right?
How to Recover Data on Snapchat
No need for unnecessary repetition about what Snapchat is and what its functions are, if you do not have any idea what this app does, you can refer to the first and second paragraph to catch a descriptive glimpse of the popular application. Below, I will highlight two easy and efficient ways to recover deleted messages on your Snapchat, this method is not peculiar to just an operating system, it can work on all operating systems supported by the photo sharing app. Now, let’s get down to business
Method 1: Through File Manager
After your Snapchat messages might have been deleted…wait! That data does not get completely deleted, the file will be shrinked and saved on your smartphones memory with .nomedia extension thereby making all other applications skip the file while scanning through your memory card for media files because that’s how files ending with .nomedia extensions have been programmed, this is a nice disguise to make it seem like your favorite snap story has been deleted whereas it’s right there on your memory card waiting for you to rediscover it like it’s some kind of rare resources. It is pretty much simple to get access to these files again. Now let’s get to the interesting part of this tutorial, shall we?

*This is the simplest and the most effective method so far, all you have to do is navigate to your Google Play Store or Apple store to download to download a file manager that is compatible for your device.
*Navigate through your files with the help of the file manager you downloaded, go to the Snapchat folder on your storage device i.e. memory card or internal memory.
*Remove the .nomedia extension from all folders that are having it.
Restart your phone, go to your gallery and your deleted snap stories will be made available to you.

Method 2: Through Dumpster App
Dumpster is a free app that you can download from Google Play Store app, it serves as a mobile recycle bin where all you deleted files are temporarily saved and can be easily accessed in case you have a change of heart. This particular app will store your deleted data for you regardless of its extension and type of file, this is why this app is considered as one of the best Snapchat data recovery program of all time, you do not have to be rooted or have a working internet connection before you can make use of this app.
*Install and run the Dumpster app – Download here.
*Turn on the Dumpster app.
*Surf Snapchat endlessly without worrying about being unable to re-watch your favorite snap story.
*Refer back to the Dumpster app in order to retrieve any media file of your choice.

This is the end of the tutorial for today, don’t forget to like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter for more techy updates.

Get the dumpster download link here - http://eodob.com/2016/05/how-to-retrieve-deleted-messages-on.html

Re: How To Retrieve Deleted Messages On Snapchat by Cheeny: 10:03am On Jun 20, 2017
Great share. You may also recover old or deleted Snapchat photos and videos from Android with iReparo for Android in several easy steps.

Re: How To Retrieve Deleted Messages On Snapchat by tafat: 7:03pm On Feb 07, 2018
nice info,i will try it out on my tecno spark immediately
Re: How To Retrieve Deleted Messages On Snapchat by sophia779: 4:11pm On Apr 08, 2019
There are ways to recover deleted Snapchat messages on Android. I will explain you in the below section:

Method 1: How to recover deleted Snapchat messages using Snapchat Cache
Step 1: First, connect your Android phone to PC through USB cable
Step 2: When connected, your device memory is displayed on PC. After that, enter “Internal Storage” or “External Storage” and select “Android” folder
Step 3: Here you have to choose “Data” and then search folder named as "com.snapchat.android"
Step 4: After this, search and recover every deleted Snapchat history in cache by renaming the messages to remove extension. Just for example, if you have to recover photos then go to com.snapchat.android > cache > receive_image_snaps

Method 2: Using Dumpster App to recover missing Snapchat messages
• First, install the Dumpster app on your Android phone
• After that, open Snapchat photos or videos
• After that, go to Dumpster app and here you can get all your photos or videos
• Turn ON Dumpster app so that you don’t have problem in searching videos or photos in Snapchat

See more on: [GUIDE]- 3 Effective Methods To Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages On Android (2019 Updated)
Re: How To Retrieve Deleted Messages On Snapchat by Alice331: 4:12am On Jun 04, 2019
Snapchat Messages Recovery for Android is a good assistant here. This software equips lots of features and one of them enables you to retrieve deleted Snapchat messages from Android.Not only Snapchat messages, other file types like contacts, call logs, WhatsApp data, photos, videos, audios, documents, etc. are supported by this tool as well.
Re: How To Retrieve Deleted Messages On Snapchat by naiaaraland: 7:14am On Aug 19, 2020
Opistorincos:
Some days back I wrote about how to recover deleted files on your android smartphone, this post is also going to be about data recovery but this time around we are going to work on one of the most popular and widely used real time photo sharing app which is Snapchat, this particular chat app allows its users to also share videos on their timeline/page, add text to pictures, make a snap story that you can share with your friends and the shared file is only available/viewed for a few seconds i.e. maximum of 10 seconds. This time lapse accessibility feature plus an embedded Facebook-like messenger that allows you to interact privately with friends are one that makes Snapchat standout among all other photo & video sharing apps like Instagram, Vine and Vimeo.

Communication with friends on Snapchat can only be done through pictures i.e. pictures are used to convey messages from one person to another, something similar to a picture story, the most interesting part is the fact that these picture messages do not stay forever in your inbox, they are permanently erased from your devices i.e. the sender and the receiver once the ten seconds countdown has been elapsed, this sole feature has given Snapchat an upper hand over all other photo and video sharing app because to some, the permanent removal of messages is top notch privacy, well, I wouldn’t say that is totally true because most Snapchat users always have a second smartphone come in handy and with that they can record the activities on the phone they are using for Snapchat or alternatively they can use screen recorders to get a copy of their screen activities which of course includes the Snapchat video that is to expire in a couple thereby making such users have a copy of the Snapstory even after the expiration. All the methods of retaining a Snapstory on your phone that I had earlier mentioned are cool, timewasting and at the same time stressful, what if I tell you there is a way to restore deleted Snapstory and this method I am going to teach is less stressful and an absolute time saver, you probably don’t believe me, I know it’s hard to believe, just wait till you get to the end of this post before you make your conclusion, we have a deal right?
How to Recover Data on Snapchat
No need for unnecessary repetition about what Snapchat is and what its functions are, if you do not have any idea what this app does, you can refer to the first and second paragraph to catch a descriptive glimpse of the popular application. Below, I will highlight two easy and efficient ways to recover deleted messages on your Snapchat, this method is not peculiar to just an operating system, it can work on all operating systems supported by the photo sharing app. Now, let’s get down to business
Method 1: Through File Manager
After your Snapchat messages might have been deleted…wait! That data does not get completely deleted, the file will be shrinked and saved on your smartphones memory with .nomedia extension thereby making all other applications skip the file while scanning through your memory card for media files because that’s how files ending with .nomedia extensions have been programmed, this is a nice disguise to make it seem like your favorite snap story has been deleted whereas it’s right there on your memory card waiting for you to rediscover it like it’s some kind of rare resources. It is pretty much simple to get access to these files again. Now let’s get to the interesting part of this tutorial, shall we?

*This is the simplest and the most effective method so far, all you have to do is navigate to your Google Play Store or Apple store to download to download a file manager that is compatible for your device.
*Navigate through your files with the help of the file manager you downloaded, go to the Snapchat folder on your storage device i.e. memory card or internal memory.
*Remove the .nomedia extension from all folders that are having it.
Restart your phone, go to your gallery and your deleted snap stories will be made available to you.

Method 2: Through Dumpster App
Dumpster is a free app that you can download from Google Play Store app, it serves as a mobile recycle bin where all you deleted files are temporarily saved and can be easily accessed in case you have a change of heart. This particular app will store your deleted data for you regardless of its extension and type of file, this is why this app is considered as one of the best Snapchat data recovery program of all time, you do not have to be rooted or have a working internet connection before you can make use of this app.
*Install and run the Dumpster app – Download here.
*Turn on the Dumpster app.
*Surf Snapchat endlessly without worrying about being unable to re-watch your favorite snap story.
*Refer back to the Dumpster app in order to retrieve any media file of your choice.

This is the end of the tutorial for today, don’t forget to like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter for more techy updates.

I found this guide: https://thakoni.com/how-to-recover-snapchat-messages/
Re: How To Retrieve Deleted Messages On Snapchat by riwetol483: 8:14am On Mar 09, 2021
Well, Yes! It is possible to recover deleted text messages from Snapchat. But it may be difficult for some peoples. Just follow the simple steps are given below:

1. File Manager: If you want to retrieve lost messages on Snapchat app then, you would need to rename the files in order that .nomedia extension are often removed. It can be done by using the file manager application from Google Playstore.

2. Renaming the File: Explore all files with .nomedia extension on your device. There are going to be all of your messages from Snapchat. Select every messages and rename them to get rid from extension. It should let other apps index and display the thumbnails in order that you’ll view them again. Now explore it then, you will recover all lost data of Snapchat.

Learn more: Recover Deleted Messages on Snapchat

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Hot 4 Vs Gionee M5 Mini, Which Is Better..... / How To Activate The New MTN Mobile Electricity System With DC To AC Converter. / Apple To Release Iphone 9 As A Budget Device In March

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.