Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,385 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Medicine Or Pharmacy?which Should I Go For?? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Medicine Or Pharmacy?which Should I Go For?? (20762 Views)

Medicine Or Pilot? Which One Should I Go For? / Medicine Or Pharmacy.which One Is Tougher? / How Lucrative Is Pharmacy As A Career? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medicine Or Pharmacy?which Should I Go For?? by Yohh: 8:45am On Feb 16, 2020
I won't say much.
But if u consider leaving the country someday, it's much easier for a doctor.

1 Like

Re: Medicine Or Pharmacy?which Should I Go For?? by Yohh: 8:55am On Feb 16, 2020
kosheybhad:

Pharmacy is a Noble and Versatile profession, you are not restricted to work in hospitals alone...Most big pharmaceutical industries like Emzor,swipha,Dr mayers,Neimeth,GSK,M&B and the likes are owned by pharmacists....Anyway,it depends on your passion for any of the courses...But me as a person has always preferred Pharmacy over any medical course right from start.

Good luck!!
There are many doctors that work in pharmaceutical companies
Re: Medicine Or Pharmacy?which Should I Go For?? by Yohh: 8:57am On Feb 16, 2020
With an MBBS, u can decide to venture into any field of medicine including lab medicine and pharmacology. U can decide not to go into clinical practice and venture into lecturing and the demand for this set of doctors is on the increase now.
Op, I'll advise u think well before u make ur final decision.
Establishing a pharmaceutical company no be joke as many are mentioning here. Yet u still see pharmacists and some other sales rep loitering hospitals and 'begging' doctors to prescribe that brand.
Moreso, if u end up working in govt hospital, I'm sure difference in salary of a post nysc dictor and pharmacist is more than 100k.

1 Like

Re: Medicine Or Pharmacy?which Should I Go For?? by kosheybhad(f): 6:21pm On Mar 05, 2020
Yohh:

Wow...Really?
What do they do?
Re: Medicine Or Pharmacy?which Should I Go For?? by Yohh: 6:34pm On Mar 05, 2020
kosheybhad:

Wow...Really?
What do they do?
Doctors can decide to diversify to any specialty they like pharmacology and lab medicine inclusive.
Re: Medicine Or Pharmacy?which Should I Go For?? by Jman06(m): 9:27pm On Mar 05, 2020
Yohh:

Doctors can decide to diversify to any specialty they like pharmacology and lab medicine inclusive.
All these JJC 100level medical students! By their comments you shall know them.

Don't worry when you grow in knowledge, you'll get to know that pharmacology is just a little fragment of the pharmacy profession and that your 1year pharmacology exposure does not make you a pharmacist.

Mention those medical doctors you claim work in pharmaceutical companies and with what license do they work?? Delusion at its peak!

1 Like

Re: Medicine Or Pharmacy?which Should I Go For?? by nurain150(m): 7:40pm On Nov 07, 2021
Very dull post. Why will someone compare the United States and China just because China is an emerging market? Pharmacy is 5years, medicine is 6yrs. Bpharm is a single hon, mbbs is a double hon. Most trained pharmacists would rather work in the hospital and there the doctor is the head of the team. Pharmacy run on semester basis like your medical biochemistry, medicine run on clinical posting. This means that one runs a 6month per session programme, the other runs a whole year postings with very rare intermittent breaks, eg public holidays and few days to Christmas. If you eventually chose pharmacy, you will find pharmacology most enticing, but the doctor would be taught everything you learn in pharmacology. Tho you will never be bored as a student pharmacist, and you will have more time to yourself, ie if you are exceptional in chemistry of course. Some people argue that pharmacy is more difficult, but medicine is bulkier. You could get bored as a student doctor not because medicine is hard but because there's too much to learn and KNOW in a very short time. However both are noble professions and you will be disappointingly frustrated if you choose them to get rich. Thanks.

Lol totally opposite I wish I am very free.
Re: Medicine Or Pharmacy?which Should I Go For?? by nurain150(m): 7:47pm On Nov 07, 2021
thesicilian:

passion ko, soulmate ni.
If you are sincere, you'll admit why you truly found yourself in pharmacy.
Its actually less than 40% that went for it as a first choice.
Lol, Pharmacy is usually a first choice for most of my Dept People.

I chooses dentistry intiallly Because of my Big mum is a dentist and a consultant.

But I ended up in Pharmacy not that I didn't beat the cut off, but dentistry was not accredited so I was given Pharmacy.

I thought is it not to sell drugs not until I started attending classes, guy you feel like dropping out.

Pharmacy is very stressful, very lucrative in NIGERIA.
Re: Medicine Or Pharmacy?which Should I Go For?? by nurain150(m): 7:49pm On Nov 07, 2021
Jman06:
All these JJC 100level medical students! By their comments you shall know them.

Don't worry when you grow in knowledge, you'll get to know that pharmacology is just a little fragment of the pharmacy profession and that your 1year pharmacology exposure does not make you a pharmacist.

Mention those medical doctors you claim work in pharmaceutical companies and with what license do they work?? Delusion at its peak!

Don't mind him.

1 Like

Re: Medicine Or Pharmacy?which Should I Go For?? by nurain150(m): 9:53am On Apr 18, 2022
kosheybhad:

Pharmacy is a Noble and Versatile profession, you are not restricted to work in hospitals alone...Most big pharmaceutical industries like Emzor,swipha,Dr mayers,Neimeth,GSK,M&B and the likes are owned by pharmacists....Anyway,it depends on your passion for any of the courses...But me as a person has always preferred Pharmacy over any medical course right from start.

Good luck!!

Sighted
Re: Medicine Or Pharmacy?which Should I Go For?? by NLegendforte: 6:52pm On Jun 26, 2023
Medicine is bulkier and more versatile than pharmacy
A doctor can work in pharm ind eg clinical pharmacology physicians, physician scientists, pharmaceutical medicine physicians and PhD holding doctors in molecular medicine, clinical biotechnology, medical genetics et Al.
You can specialize into any specialty depending on your capabilities, long-term goals and passion eg gastroenterology, oncology, gynecology, orthopedics, lab medicine, radiology, anesthesiology (bomb), physiatry, pediatric surgery, neurology, cardiology, Opthalmology etc
You can decide to work in education and research as academic physicians and researchers
You can establish a private practice if you're entrepreneurial and creative
You can do medico-science writing as a part-time job.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Plateau Government Traces 1,832 Ghost Teachers To One Individual / 5 Reasons Why Schooling May Never Make You Rich / Tony Elumelu Foundation For $100m Entrepreneurship Programme 2019 Applications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.