Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

God's Biblical Wonders - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's Biblical Wonders (4392 Views)

Apostle Joshua Selman Expose The Secret To His Miracles,signs And Wonders / It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick / Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

God's Biblical Wonders by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 30, 2016
This isn't to make mockery of anyone's religion, this is just to bring to light, some of the astonishing things Yahweh, the bible God did, according to the bible.

I am highlighting these few "wonders" of God, not to insult anyone's deity, but just to illustrate the inconsistencies in the bible, and how it's inmy opinion, a bunch of concocted tales and fallible words that are a fair reflection of the shallowness of the human minds that concocted them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: God's Biblical Wonders by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 30, 2016
God kills Lot's wife for looking the wrong way, but condones incest_between him and his daughters.

Come on, incest_isn't that much of a deal right? It's just sex between a man and his virgin daughter. Who cares. But do you know what's a big deal? Looking back when your city is being destroyed, and fire and brimstone is dropping like cow dung behind your back. That deserves the death penalty. Anyone who does that deserves to die a sad, pathetic death.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: God's Biblical Wonders by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 30, 2016
God tells Pharaoh to let his people go, but yet hardens his heart not to let them go.

Moses, tell this man who has been holding my people captive for hundreds of years to let them go. But to make this fun, and since I have the power of mind control (which I should have used to make him let them go all these years) I will harden his heart so that he will refuse to let them go. It's more interesting this way.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: God's Biblical Wonders by Adekorya: 7:50pm On May 30, 2016
I'm not amongs ooo
Re: God's Biblical Wonders by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 30, 2016
In other to set his people free from captivity, God doesn't kill Pharaoh, but instead, he kills every first born child who did nothing wrong

I understand this. I get the logic now.
See, the lives of those first born sons meant nothing. They were just worthless male egyptians who needed to die so that Pharaoh will let God's people go, despite the fact that his heart had already the been hardened.

I know some of them had families and loved ones; parents who cared about them, and wife and kids who loved them, and some might have been good men and boys, but that doesn't matter. They just had to die. Whether they were innocent or not doesn't matter. They just had to die. Even the babies had to die as well. The lives of babies are also worthless in the grand scheme of things. Lol. They are just babies naw. Their death means nothing.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: God's Biblical Wonders by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 30, 2016
God makes a bet with his greatest enemy, the devil, and in other to win this bet, he allows him to kill all Job's children

This story goes to show that the devil isn't as wise as he has been painted. How do you go into a bet with someone who can see into the future and expect to win? Lol. And God was obviously cheating, but who cares, he is God and he can do anything he wants.

Also, the lives of Jobs children doesn't mean anything to God. God has to win the bet, whether they died or not, isn't his business. He has to win against his greatest rival. grin

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: God's Biblical Wonders by Temidayo9(m): 8:32pm On May 30, 2016
Thats what makes Him God, His taught is different from Ours. Kabio osi..... unquestionable God.

2 Likes

Re: God's Biblical Wonders by Tellemall: 8:35pm On May 30, 2016
smiley
Re: God's Biblical Wonders by Tellemall: 8:35pm On May 30, 2016
After many years of disbelief, what has it put in your life? Everyday you wake up hating the Christian God, but you forget there are other God's to hate out there.

Your war is always going to be inconclusive.

Firstly, you fight an entity that exists on so many different planes.

Secondly, it's not good for you to vent at imaginary beings. That's unsound.

Thirdly, for you to strongly fight against something that doesn't exist, it means you believe in its existence. If it doesn't exist then what are you exposing?

If you believe there is no God then why bother talking /raving/pointing out things real or notabout him? It's like talking about the bogeyman. Pointless.

5 Likes

Re: God's Biblical Wonders by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 30, 2016
To all you guys commenting, I will come back to you. But let me first finish my expose. grin

1 Like

Re: God's Biblical Wonders by Tellemall: 8:43pm On May 30, 2016
Decker:
To all you guys commenting, I will come back to you. But let me first finish my expose. grin

There's nothing to expose. You're flogging a dead horse.

2 Likes

Re: God's Biblical Wonders by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 30, 2016
Tellemall:
After many years of disbelief, what has it put in your life? Everyday you wake up hating the Christian God, but you forget there are other God's to hate out there.

Actually, my life is a lot better now. I don't have to live my life in fear anymore. I am now free. Free from religious deceit and free from the bondage of ignorance.

Lol. Everyday you Christians try to force your belief down everyone's throat. Everywhere. On the streets, in the market place, in buses, in traffic, in the work place, in schools, you even bring it down to our doorsteps. And day and night, you sound it loud from your speakers, so everyone would hear, not minding the fact that you are disturbing the peace of others. But when someone tries to appraise those beliefs, they turn to people who are hating on your God. Do you know why people concentrate on your God so much, it's because you Christians are so loud about your beliefs. You expect everyone to accept your beliefs by force. And only a fool would accept a belief system without appraising it to evaluate it's validity.

Tellemall:
Your war is always going to be inconclusive.

What war?

Tellemall:
Firstly, you fight an entity that exists on so many different planes.

Secondly, it's not good for you to vent at imaginary beings. That's unsound.

Thirdly, for you to strongly fight against something that doesn't exist, it means you believe in its existence. If it doesn't exist then what are you exposing?

If you believe there is no God then why bother talking /raving/pointing out things real or notabout him? It's like talking about the bogeyman. Pointless.

Did you read my introductory post? If you didn't, please do.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: God's Biblical Wonders by Tellemall: 10:06pm On May 30, 2016
Decker:

Actually, my life is a lot better now. I don't have to live my life in fear anymore. I am now free. Free from religious deceit and free from the bondage of ignorance.

Lol. Everyday you Christians try to force your belief down everyone's throat. Everywhere. On the streets, in the market place, in buses, in traffic, in the work place, in schools, you even bring it down to our doorsteps. And day and night, you sound it loud from your speakers, so everyone would hear, not minding the fact that you are disturbing the peace of others. But when someone tries to appraise those beliefs, they turn to people who are hating on your God. Do you know why people concentrate on your God so much, it's because you Christians are so loud about your beliefs. You expect everyone to accept your beliefs by force. And only a fool would accept a belief system without appraising it to evaluate it's validity.

What war?

Did you read my introductory post? If you didn't, please do.

Christians aren't the only ones who have a God, so your war/beef/freedom speech is vague and inconclusive. It seems to be only an attack (though you say it isn't) on Christianity.

If you believe there is no god, it's pointless talking about something you don't believe in. If it doesn't exist, why give it so much attention?

That's the puzzle of atheism.

People who don't believe in dragons don't go about trying to out think people who do, they don't spew about them all the time, they don't get embittered when they see that others believe in dragons and they don't need to to that because when people don't believe a thing, they don't bother with it.

But why waste so much time on non existent beings? Who has ever tried to force Christianity on you? Did any holy warriors come to ensure you accept Christianity out you die?

And honestly, if you're condemning or demystifying Christianity, do the world the favor of doing the same for all other religions. Otherwise it looks like a personal war. What war? The war on everything Christian that is disguised as pointing out flaws.

As I said, disprove all the religions and you will have my respect. Otherwise you're flogging a dead horse.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: God's Biblical Wonders by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 30, 2016
Tellemall:

Christians aren't the only ones who have a God, so your war/beef/freedom speech is vague and inconclusive. It seems to be only an attack (though you say it isn't) on Christianity.

If you believe there is no god, it's pointless talking about something you don't believe in. If it doesn't exist, why give it so much attention?

That's the puzzle of atheism.

People who don't believe in dragons don't go about trying to out think people who do, they don't spew about them all the time, they don't get embittered when they see that others believe in dragons and they don't need to to that because when people don't believe a thing, they don't bother with it.

But why waste so much time on non existent beings? Who has ever tried to force Christianity on you? Did any holy warriors come to ensure you accept Christianity out you die?

And honestly, if you're condemning or demystifying Christianity, do the world the favor of doing the same for all other religions. Otherwise it looks like a personal war. What war? The war on everything Christian that is disguised as pointing out flaws.

As I said, disprove all the religions and you will have my respect. Otherwise you're flogging a dead horse.

I love your dragon analogy. Now, I live in a world where people believe that dragons exist and I don't. Of course I won't be bothered by their believes as long as:
1. These people don't force me to believe that dragons exists, or constantly bombard me with the message that dragons exist.
2. If I notice that their believe in dragons is having negative effects on the growth and development of the world in which I live in.

Nairaland is a forum, and this is religious section. More than 70% of the threads here are all Christian threads trying to paint Christianity as the truth and as fact, and to coerce people into agreeing with it's system of belief.
Now, Is it wrong to point out the flaws in such belief? I mean, if you are in a room with a group of people and you were served soured food, you'd be a fool to chew and swallow it. And you will also be doing others who were served same food a favor, by warning them that the food is sour.

Of course I am against every religion, but I am also Nigerian and I live in Nigeria. And there are two main religions in Nigeria, and I have noticed that these two religions are doing more harm than good, and they are hampering intellectual and socio-political development in the country, so I use whatever opportunity I have to educate people on the wrongs of these religions. I also appraise Islam the same way I appraise Christianity and concept of religion in general.

You are missing the point. I am not in a war with your God. Of course he isn't real, but there is no way I would appraise a belief system without appraising the bedrock of that belief. The foundation of Christianity is the believe in the bible God, and I am trying to show you how laughable and ridiculous such belief is, and how contradicting the biblical description of God is as well.

And you seem so pained. Why? Am I saying the truth? Why didn't you counter the comments I made? Why do you guys always get so worked up when someone appraises your beliefs? If your beliefs are true and valid and devoid of loop holes and self contradictions, then you'd be confident and defend it, instead of resorting to evasive tactics like you are doing.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: God's Biblical Wonders by Nobody: 8:16am On May 31, 2016
God Tells Abraham to kill his only son to test his faith, but tells him to stop at the last moment.

First of all, God is all knowing and already knows the level of Abraham's faith, but he still decided to fuck_with him.
And Abraham wasn't bothered by the command. God wants him to kill his only son, no biggie. Even if God commanded him to kill Sarah his wife, he would have still done it. You don't object to God's instructions, you don't even think about them, you just do them. That way, you express loyalty to him.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God's Biblical Wonders by Nobody: 9:02am On May 31, 2016
AND THEY WANT US TO WORSHIP THIS GOD ABI NA DEVIL I GO CALL M ABEG NO TANK YOU I LIKE MY LIFE AS E BE....ONLY A FOOL MUMU WILL BELIEVE THAT IS ACTUALLY GOD WELL HADES WAS ALSO CONSIDERED AS A GOD TOO "RELIGION IS BASED ON FEAR" MY BRODAS & SISTERS WAKE UP AND SMELL THE REAL WORLD AND STOP WASTING YOUR TIME ON MYTH N STOP HOLDING ADVANCEMENT OF THE ECONOMY DOWN!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God's Biblical Wonders by Nobody: 9:17am On May 31, 2016
God sees how peaceful and together humans are with one language, but he still decides to create disunity and discord among them by giving them different languages.

Unity is boring. Nothing interesting happens when people are always together in peace and harmony. You know what's fun? Wars and chaos and confusion. That's something to savor from up here.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God's Biblical Wonders by Nobody: 9:24am On May 31, 2016
God convinces his believers through his inspired scriptures that the earth is just 6000 years old. But decides to shock them by planting staggering evidence that the earth is billions of years old.

God must really love messing with people. grin But he is God anyway, so he can do whatever he likes. We don't mind.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: God's Biblical Wonders by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 31, 2016
oga OP, I hail thee...

Make I just drop mine small small

God told us he created us and not the demonic belief called evolution yet he crammed 7 species in one ark some thousand years ago and they "evolved" to what we have today

He put the fossils there to test our faith lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: God's Biblical Wonders by Scholar8200(m): 1:51pm On May 31, 2016
Decker:
God kills Lot's wife for looking the wrong way, but condones incest_between him and his daughters.
Not before giving a clear warning and even mercifully dragging them all out of Sodom! Lot's wife disobeyed an express command!

4 Likes

Re: God's Biblical Wonders by Scholar8200(m): 1:52pm On May 31, 2016
Decker:
God tells Pharaoh to let his people go, but yet hardens his heart not to let them go.

Moses, tell this man who has been holding my people captive for hundreds of years to let them go. But to make this fun, and since I have the power of mind control (which I should have used to make him let them go all these years) I will harden his heart so that he will refuse to let them go. It's more interesting this way.
Indeed, when a man's cup of iniquity is full, God may decide any mode of executing Judgement. We are talking here of one that enslaved Israel under murderous, criminally rigorous terms to the point of killing babies!

3 Likes

Re: God's Biblical Wonders by Scholar8200(m): 1:56pm On May 31, 2016
Decker:
In other to set his people free from captivity, God doesn't kill Pharaoh, but instead, he kills every first born child who did nothing wrong

I understand this. I get the logic now.
See, the lives of those first born sons meant nothing. They were just worthless male egyptians who needed to die so that Pharaoh will let God's people go, despite the fact that his heart had already the been hardened.

I know some of them had families and loved ones; parents who cared about them, and wife and kids who loved them, and some might have been good men and boys, but that doesn't matter. They just had to die. Whether they were innocent or not doesn't matter. They just had to die. Even the babies had to die as well. The lives of babies are also worthless in the grand scheme of things. Lol. They are just babies naw. Their death means nothing.
In going after God you forgot to see that this act clearly avenges the cold blooded murder of innocent Israelite babies by Pharaoh.

3 Likes

Re: God's Biblical Wonders by Scholar8200(m): 2:01pm On May 31, 2016
Decker:
God makes a bet with his greatest enemy, the devil, and in other to win this bet, he allows him to kill all Job's children

Also, the lives of Jobs children doesn't mean anything to God. God has to win the bet, whether they died or not, isn't his business. He has to win against his greatest rival. grin
All men were sold to sin (and satan) by the fall. Job, by faith, aligned himself with God(like Enoch did), his children didnt... The result? They were at the mercy of the devil.This still happens today.

3 Likes

Re: God's Biblical Wonders by Scholar8200(m): 2:03pm On May 31, 2016
Decker:
God Tells Abraham to kill his only son [size=13pt][b]to test his faith[/size], but tells him to stop at the last moment.[/b]

First of all, God is all knowing and already knows the level of Abraham's faith, but he still decided to fuck_with him.
And Abraham wasn't bothered by the command. God wants him to kill his only son, no biggie. Even if God commanded him to kill Sarah his wife, he would have still done it. You don't object to God's instructions, you don't even think about them, you just do them. That way, you express loyalty to him.
Indeed, and Abraham confirmed his faith thereby as Hebrews 11 shows.

3 Likes

Re: God's Biblical Wonders by Scholar8200(m): 2:05pm On May 31, 2016
Decker:
God sees how peaceful and together humans are with one language, but he still decides to create disunity and discord among them by giving them different languages.

In His Wisdom! Thus, His counsel stood-they scattered, replenished the earth and are still subduing it!

3 Likes

Re: God's Biblical Wonders by Scholar8200(m): 2:06pm On May 31, 2016
Decker:
God convinces his believers through his inspired scriptures that [b]the earth is just 6000 years ago. But decides to shock them by planting staggering evidence that the earth is billions of years old.[/b]

God must really love messing with people. grin But he is God anyway, so he can do whatever he likes. We don't mind.

Show us where in the Inspired Scriptures that was written!

3 Likes

Re: God's Biblical Wonders by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 31, 2016
Scholar8200:
Show us where in the Inspired Scriptures that was written!

Of course, the Bible doesn’t say explicitly anywhere, “The earth is 6,000 years old.” Good thing it doesn’t; otherwise it would be out of date the following year. But we wouldn’t expect an all-knowing God to make that kind of a mistake.

God gave us something better. In essence, He gave us a “birth certificate.” For example, using a personal birth certificate, a person can calculate how old he is at any point. It is similar with the earth. Genesis 1 says that the earth was created on the first day of creation ( Genesis 1:1–5). From there, we can begin to calculate the age of the earth.
Let’s do a rough calculation to show how this works. The age of the earth can be estimated by taking the first five days of creation (from earth’s creation to Adam), then following the genealogies from Adam to Abraham in Genesis 5 and 11, then adding in the time from Abraham to today.

Adam was created on day 6, so there were five days before him. If we add up the dates from Adam to Abraham, we get about 2,000 years, using the Masoretic Hebrew text of Genesis 5 and 11. 3 Whether Christian or secular, most scholars would agree that Abraham lived about 2,000 B.C. (4,000 years ago).

So a simple calculation is:
5 days + 2,000 years + 4,000 years = 6,000 years.

https://answersingenesis.org/age-of-the-earth/how-old-is-the-earth/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C5381432952

1 Like

Re: God's Biblical Wonders by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 31, 2016
Scholar8200:
Not before giving a clear warning and even mercifully dragging them all out of Sodom! Lot's wife disobeyed an express command!

So are you justifying death as a reasonable punishment for a terrified woman who looked back as she was running away from a devastating blast, caused by fire and brimstone falling from on high? Wow. The way you people justify death baffles and scares the shit_out of me.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: God's Biblical Wonders by Scholar8200(m): 2:50pm On May 31, 2016
Decker:

So are you justifying death as a reasonable punishment for a terrified woman who looked back as she was running away from a devastating blast, caused by fire and brimstone falling from on high? Wow. The way you people justify death baffles and scares the shit_out of me.
Was she warned of what would happen if she did so? Was she the only woman? Were not the 2 daughters the ones that should have been more terrified being younger women?

3 Likes

Re: God's Biblical Wonders by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 31, 2016
Scholar8200:
In His Wisdom! Thus, His counsel stood-they scattered, replenished the earth and are still subduing it!

What wisdom? I don't see any here. First of all, God is omniscient and can see into the future, so he knew that this would happen, yet he still created them with the one language, and then starts complaining when they go against his wish. This doesn't even make any sense.

Secondly, God was afraid that they would reach his abode in heaven. Lol. Now this is hilarious and further proves my point that these are concocted tales by ignorant people. The ancient men who wrote the scriptures didn't have knowledge of space. So they assumed God's home was in the sky, and they integrated that idea into the bible.
How come God was afraid that they would reach him in heaven but he isn't afraid skyscrapers, air planes and space shuttles? grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God's Biblical Wonders by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:02pm On May 31, 2016
An opinion of an atheist is insignificant . I don't think one bit that his actions are ridiculous though , so no point refuting these outlandish claims .
Re: God's Biblical Wonders by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:12pm On May 31, 2016
Decker:

What wisdom? I don't see any here. First of all, God is omniscient and can see into the future, so he knew that this would happen, yet he still created them with the one language, and then starts complaining when they go against his wish. This doesn't even make any sense.

Secondly, God was afraid that they would reach his abode in heaven. Lol. Now this is hilarious and further proves my point that these are concocted tales by ignorant people. The ancient men who wrote the scriptures didn't have knowledge of space. So they assumed God's home was in the sky, and they integrated that idea into the bible.
How come God was afraid that they would reach him in heaven but he isn't afraid skyscrapers, air planes and space shuttles? grin

Show of ignorance without shame .

1 Theologians argue that the story is allegorical

2 Babel means gate . They tried to access like a portal to heaven . This esoteric knowledge could have been obtained from the fallen angels who dwelt among them

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Fear Of A 'god' Is The Beginning Of Stupidity / Soul, Spirit And Memory / Whitney Houston and Micheal Jackson made It To Heaven.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.