Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,619 members, 7,851,101 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:26 PM

How To Market Ebooks For Profits Without Cash Capital - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Market Ebooks For Profits Without Cash Capital (778 Views)

Dangote Rice Coming To Market At Cheap Price / Forex Speculators From Benin Republic, Ghana, Others Invade Nigeria For Profits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Market Ebooks For Profits Without Cash Capital by dmediator555(m): 8:28am On May 31, 2016
Please I need urgent Valued advise from Nairalanders. I graduated since 2008, currently doing my Masters. Two years ago, I wrote a best selling book which was confirmed by several editors that did the Proof reading.
I planned gathering some money for Publishing, but the more I gather , the more needs arises, couple with our present economic situation .
My book is still on my shelf while I desperately need money to complete my program. My questions ...

1. How can I convert this book still in MS-Word format to an ebook format ?
2. How can I sell it online just the soft copy?
3. Which sites can be trusted in the marketing ,so they don't take advantage of my ignorance ?
4. I don't mind sharing percentage so long the site will do a great job on adverts
5. When people buy and pay for books what means will I get my quota?
6. The only capital I have now is just my system and my internet connection
7. Although Naija Situation is hard, but it won't consume me. Please let God us you to forward my ministry

Sorry for my long tale . Waiting for your responses .
Re: How To Market Ebooks For Profits Without Cash Capital by hamziwhiz(m): 12:33pm On May 31, 2016
dmediator555:
Two years ago, I wrote a best selling book which was confirmed by several editors that did the Proof reading.

No. You wrote a highly informative or value packed book not best selling. A best selling book is measured by the number of sales made. Know the difference.

dmediator555:
I planned gathering some money for Publishing, but the more I gather , the more needs arises, couple with our present economic situation . My book is still on my shelf while I desperately need money to complete my program.

Well, depending on what publishing platform you choose and what marketing strategies you employ, the only thing that could have changed would have been that the book will move from being only on your shelf to your store. Publishing a book does not in any way guarantee that sales will come in; many people even end up using their books as gifts and souvenirs cry . Writing a good book is one thing and making sales is another thing.

dmediator555:

1. How can I convert this book still in MS-Word format to an ebook format ?

That's easy.
Depending on what software you used in typing it and what ebook format you want to covert it to. PDF & ePub's are popular.

If you want to convert to PDF, simply select "PDF" option from the "Save As" dialogue box in Microsoft Word or you can download open office.

dmediator555:

2. How can I sell it online just the soft copy?

There are several ways to do this; from publishing it on Amazon Kindle (the world's largest eBook store) to the various eCommerce platforms.

dmediator555:

3. Which sites can be trusted in the marketing ,so they don't take advantage of my ignorance ?

Depends on what you think marketing is and the degree of your ignorance. Because all the eBook publishing sites usually post their terms and conditions online for you to review before doing business with them.

dmediator555:

4. I don't mind sharing percentage so long the site will do a great job on adverts

Of course, the bitter truth is that unless you decide to sell it on your own site which is a good option if you know how to go around this, the eBooks publishing sites will be the ones to decide the percentage not you.

dmediator555:

5. When people buy and pay for books what means will I get my quota?
[/quota]

If you decide to use your own platform which is good, you can get paid to your local bank account here in Nigeria. But if you decide to use Amazon kindle - you can either receive checks or use the US Bank account provided by Payoneer. Creatspace can pay you through PayPal too.

[quote author=dmediator555 post=46130791]
6. The only capital I have now is just my system and my internet connection

You can start with that...spend countless FOCUSED hours searching for information on google and when you find something that works, IMPLEMENT IT!

You can also ask questions every now and then here, I'm sure there are several people that will help you out but don't expect anyone to share his game changing tactics for free.

Hope that helps in some way.

Ask specific questions if there's still anything you don't understand and I'd be glad to help out.

MH Gideon

Get FREE ACCESS to Kingdom Business Classroom today and join us for an insightful series on generating business ideas as well as other eye opening wealth creation and management lessons to help you take charge of your financial destiny by clicking the link below.

https://web./1725319924376492/

1 Like

Re: How To Market Ebooks For Profits Without Cash Capital by dmediator555(m): 9:15pm On May 31, 2016
@ MH Gideon, I sincerely appreciate your lecture. Please , what are the step to step procedure to open a payoneer account. I am based in Nigeria. if the money is paid to the US bank how can I transfer it to my local bank in Nigeria?
Re: How To Market Ebooks For Profits Without Cash Capital by hamziwhiz(m): 9:44pm On May 31, 2016
dmediator555:
@ MH Gideon, I sincerely appreciate your lecture. Please , what are the step to step procedure to open a payoneer account. I am based in Nigeria. if the money is paid to the US bank how can I transfer it to my local bank in Nigeria?

Just go to their website - payoneer.com

They'll give you a debit card right here in Nigeria which you can use to make your withdrawal from any ATM that accepts MasterCard. Zenith, FirstBank, GTB, EcoBank etc
Re: How To Market Ebooks For Profits Without Cash Capital by dmediator555(m): 10:35pm On May 31, 2016
i tried to register but there is no option for nigeria. if i use USA, which state and what is the poster code?
Re: How To Market Ebooks For Profits Without Cash Capital by hamziwhiz(m): 5:19am On Jun 01, 2016
dmediator555:
i tried to register but there is no option for nigeria. if i use USA, which state and what is the poster code?

Payoneer does not accept Nigeria?

No please. It must have been an issue on your end...refresh your browser or do something. A quick look through this forum will reveal the falsehood of that assumption. Try again please.
Re: How To Market Ebooks For Profits Without Cash Capital by dmediator555(m): 7:14am On Jun 01, 2016
Thanks sir , maybe I will try it on a PC, it could be an issue from my Fone. Can I get your mobile or email for subsequent issues, u are truly a blessing . I know this will hep a grt deal.
Re: How To Market Ebooks For Profits Without Cash Capital by hamziwhiz(m): 11:59am On Jun 02, 2016
Join Kingdom Business Classroom where I share eye opening wealth creation and management lessons to help you take charge of your financial destiny by clicking the link below and then ask me any question during the monthly Question and Answer session.

https://web./1725319924376492/

Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

4 Best Ways To Spot A Liar / Hilarious Photo Look At The Way This Man Received His Sack Letter From His Boss / Currency Exchange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.