Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,325 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

His Story - God's Story - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / His Story - God's Story (3264 Views)

Adedotun The Ikoro: His Testimony, His Story / Nothing Is Too Difficult For God: Story Of How A Renown Athiest Experienced God / A Really Touchin Story... GOD Help Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:44pm On Sep 08, 2009
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:51am On Oct 11, 2009
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:05am On Oct 12, 2009
Where did Cain get his wife? Find out in the link below:

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c004.html
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:27am On Dec 02, 2009
God's story from creation to eternity: Click to read God's story in the link below

http://www.christiananswers.net/godstory/home.html
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:53am On Jun 01, 2010
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:59am On Jun 01, 2010
This is the long and short version of History.

"Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you have received, and wherein you stand; By which also you are saved, if you keep in memory what I preached to you, unless you have believed in vain. For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain to this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. For I am the least of all the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so you believed." -- 1 Cor. 15:1-11

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:15pm On Jun 01, 2010
The greatest story ever told

[flash=500,400]http://media.chick.com/tract_9.swf[/flash]
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:38pm On Jun 10, 2010
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:01am On Jan 21, 2012
His Story in pictures

This video is the first of a 10 part series that details the biblical account of the creation of the world to the end of the world. It shows the plan of salvation clearly, according to the Bible.

It is not religion that can get you to Heaven, but a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.

Hell is no joke, in fact Jesus talked more about the horrors and torments of Hell than He did about the beauty and wonders of Heaven. Please choose eternal life, not eternal death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGPZgur2i6g
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:35pm On Jan 21, 2012
Re: His Story - God's Story by Sweetnecta: 2:19pm On Jan 21, 2012
@Olaadegbu: « on: August 24, 2009, 01:59 AM »

[Quote]God, the Creator and Giver of life. Does He speak? Does He care about us? Can we know Him?

Yes! He spoke, He cares and His message for all people tells us how to know Him. 3,500 years ago God began to instruct men to write down His words. Over the next 1,500 years, God continued to speak and 40 different men recorded these messages.

The early writings were called the "Law" and the "Prophets." These holy words tell about God, and how much He loves all people in the world.

This is God's story about His creation in the link below.

You will find answers to your questions like,

Did Adam have a belly button?

Has the garden of Eden ever been found?

http://www.christiananswers.net/godstory/creation1.html[/Quote]If God spoke, how was it that Ghost did not speak? If God cared, how was it that Ghost did not care to guide, lead, teach, proclaim, etc, as there is no record of him doing anything? If the message of God is known, where is the message of the Ghost as Jesus prophesied? Do you not have any sense to reason, Olaadegbu?
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:42pm On Jan 21, 2012
Sweetnecta:

@Olaadegbu: « on: August 24, 2009, 01:59 AM »
If God spoke, how was it that Ghost did not speak? If God cared, how was it that Ghost did not care to guide, lead, teach, proclaim, etc, as there is no record of him doing anything? If the message of God is known, where is the message of the Ghost as Jesus prophesied? Do you not have any sense to reason, Olaadegbu?

If God spoke how will you hear Him when you turn a deaf ear to the Holy Spirit? As many as are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. Mo the prophet of allah has already misled you into believing that the Holy Spirit is "Gabriel" and now you even think that the Advocate promised is Mo himself. If you don't acknowledge the author of the Bible how do you expect to hear from Him? You have already denied the Father and the Son does that not make you an anti-christ?

"Who is a liar but he that denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denies the Father and the Son. Whosoever denies the Son, the same has not the Fathersadbut) he that acknowledges the Son has the Father also" (1 John 2:22-23).
Re: His Story - God's Story by Sweetnecta: 3:51pm On Jan 21, 2012
@Olaadegbu; « #43 on: Today at 02:42:50 PM »
[Quote]If God spoke how will you hear Him when you turn a deaf ear to the Holy Spirit?[/Quote]When God spoke to the stiff necked jews, they heard Him as Yahweh, not ask holy ghost. You dont think i take it from your anemic responses, taking ghost as God, a christian concept is different from jewish concept of God. God was able to talk, many times that even that when Jesus was being baptized, a christian concept so much loud was the voice of Jewish God that the people around heard it. How come was ghost voiceless when it comes to christian Gods? I need the name of your ghost God, olaadegbu. I know that if you live till the end of time, you will not be able to provide a name, but you will be quick to provide the name of father God and son God if I ask you.

[Quote] As many as are led by the Spirit of God are children of God.[/Quote]Did the spirit of God lead the children of God who saw the daughters of men and slept with them to produce giants of old? Notice that this grade of children of God behaved like ghost God, both got women pregnant without marrying them or going into them. Such a God and his sons and comrade. Is the spirit of God leading the people who peed on the dead in afganistan? remember these people are christians.

[Quote] Mo the prophet of allah has already misled you into believing that the Holy Spirit is "Gabriel"[/Quote]So give me the name of the Holy Spirit if he is not Gabriel. Don't run away, man. I have your time right now and i need answer. At least Gabriel heard from God and took what he heard to prophets and spoke to them and they in turn spoke to the masses. That is the prophets hearing from God and speaking to man, exactly the way Jesus said it, unless what Jesus prophesied is not fulfilled? Your choice.

[Quote] and now you even think that the Advocate promised is Mo himself.[/Quote]Give me a proper name of your advocate. Mine is Muhammad [as] and his title is a Messenger of God because he heard from God and repeated it to man. Now give me your advocate's name and title.

[Quote] If you don't acknowledge the author of the Bible how do you expect to hear from Him?[/Quote]The bibles discredit its own author because there are many authors and no two bibles are exactly the same and in each bible there are conflicting reports about the same statement or idea. Take the case of God in the OT versus the case of God in the NT and you will find 1 God and 3 Gods in the same Bible. Should I follow 1 God of the jews in OT along with their racist agenda or should I follow the 3 Gods of the christians in NT along with their not fully powerful and incapability to do all things? I rather accept the God of the Quran Who is 1 and capable to do all things alone.

[Quote] You have already denied the Father and the Son does that not make you an anti-christ?[/Quote]Is that what qualifies anyone as antichrist? You have now killed trinity by yourself. Read your bibles to see how astray you are according to what Jesus said.

[Quote]"Who is a liar but he that denies that Jesus is the Christ?[/QUote]Quran; Jesus is the Christ.

[Quote] He is antichrist, that denies the Father and the Son.[/Quote]The Biblical God has sons who slept with daughters of men to produce giants of old. The whole children of Israel are children of Biblical God. There are many begotten sons of the Biblical God. Now to say Biblical God has just 1 son is a lie and you being a liar is an antichrist, Olaadegbu. Nibo mi won ti nje Olaadegbu ni ile yoruba, ogbeni?

[Quote] Whosoever denies the Son, the same has not the Fathersadbut) he that acknowledges the Son has the Father also" (1 John 2:22-23).[/Quote]The Jews who your salvation belongs to deny the son. Between this two ideas in NT, which one is lying? These 2 ideas render the NT corrupted.
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:34pm On Jan 21, 2012
Sweetnecta:

@Olaadegbu; « #43 on: Today at 02:42:50 PM »When God spoke to the stiff necked jews, they heard Him as Yahweh, not ask holy ghost. You dont think i take it from your anemic responses, taking ghost as God, a christian concept is different from jewish concept of God. God was able to talk, many times that even that when Jesus was being baptized, a christian concept so much loud was the voice of Jewish God that the people around heard it. How come was ghost voiceless when it comes to christian Gods? I need the name of your ghost God, olaadegbu. I know that if you live till the end of time, you will not be able to provide a name, but you will be quick to provide the name of father God and son God if I ask you.

This is the Tri-une God in action:

"And Jesus, when he was baptised, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased" (Matthew 3:16-17).

Now, have you heard His voice or is it noise to you?

Sweetnecta:

Did the spirit of God lead the children of God who saw the daughters of men and slept with them to produce giants of old? Notice that this grade of children of God behaved like ghost God, both got women pregnant without marrying them or going into them. Such a God and his sons and comrade. Is the spirit of God leading the people who peed on the dead in afganistan? remember these people are christians.

As many as are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.

Sweetnecta:

So give me the name of the Holy Spirit if he is not Gabriel. Don't run away, man. I have your time right now and i need answer. At least Gabriel heard from God and took what he heard to prophets and spoke to them and they in turn spoke to the masses. That is the prophets hearing from God and speaking to man, exactly the way Jesus said it, unless what Jesus prophesied is not fulfilled? Your choice.

It is your choice to believe a demon who disguises himself as angel Gabriel or to believe in Jesus Christ.  Your decision will determine your destiny.

Sweetnecta:

Give me a proper name of your advocate. Mine is Muhammad [as] and his title is a Messenger of God because he heard from God and repeated it to man. Now give me your advocate's name and title.

Mo himself said that he doesn't know what his fate will be and you are choosing him to advocate for you?  You are on your own.

Sweetnecta:

The bibles discredit its own author because there are many authors and no two bibles are exactly the same and in each bible there are conflicting reports about the same statement or idea. Take the case of God in the OT versus the case of God in the NT and you will find 1 God and 3 Gods in the same Bible. Should I follow 1 God of the jews in OT along with their racist agenda or should I follow the 3 Gods of the christians in NT along with their not fully powerful and incapability to do all things? I rather accept the God of the Quran Who is 1 and capable to do all things alone.

The Holy Spirit illuminates the minds of His children but rebels will continue to hear a strange voice.

Sweetnecta:

Is that what qualifies anyone as antichrist? You have now killed trinity by yourself. Read your bibles to see how astray you are according to what Jesus said.

If you deny both the Father and the Son you are operating under the spirit of antichrist.

Sweetnecta:

Quran; Jesus is the Christ.

Jesus means salvation and Christ means anointed.  Is Jesus Christ your anointed Saviour?

Sweetnecta:

The Biblical God has sons who slept with daughters of men to produce giants of old. The whole children of Israel are children of Biblical God. There are many begotten sons of the Biblical God. Now to say Biblical God has just 1 son is a lie and you being a liar is an antichrist, Olaadegbu. Nibo mi won ti nje Olaadegbu ni ile yoruba, ogbeni?

The Father has only one begotten Son and all those who believe in Him are adopted by the Holy Spirit into the family of God.  "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become sons of God, even to them that believe on his name" (John 1:12).

Sweetnecta:

The Jews who your salvation belongs to deny the son. Between this two ideas in NT, which one is lying? These 2 ideas render the NT corrupted.

Jesus had a hard saying for all who deny Him.  He said the following words:

"I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins: for if you believe not that I am he, you shall die in your sins" (John 8:24).
Re: His Story - God's Story by Sweetnecta: 9:47pm On Jan 21, 2012
@Olaadegbu: « #45 on: Today at 09:34:47 PM »
[Quote] Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 03:51:38 PM

@Olaadegbu; « #43 on: Today at 02:42:50 PM »When God spoke to the stiff necked jews, they heard Him as Yahweh, not ask holy ghost. You dont think i take it from your anemic responses, taking ghost as God, a christian concept is different from jewish concept of God. God was able to talk, many times that even that when Jesus was being baptized, a christian concept so much loud was the voice of Jewish God that the people around heard it. How come was ghost voiceless when it comes to christian Gods? I need the name of your ghost God, olaadegbu. I know that if you live till the end of time, you will not be able to provide a name, but you will be quick to provide the name of father God and son God if I ask you.

This is the Tri-une God in action:[/Quote]I asked you the name of the third. I know that if you christians aid one another in knowledge until the end of time, you will not be able to provide me with a name of the one titled holy ghost.

[Quote]"And Jesus, when he was baptised, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased" (Matthew 3:16-17).[/Quote]This is one of the prophets of God in action. And John son of Zacharias sanctified Jesus and made him come of age in the tradition of the children of Israel. The coming of age among the children of Israel is pegged at 13 years old and they call it Barmitvah. But the christians called it baptism, similar to their calling God 3 in Tri-une.

[Quote]Now, have you heard His voice or is it noise to you?[/Quote]I hope you apply wisdom that people heard God speak. How come the holy ghost in the christian's tri-une God dumb, not a speaking entity? This is what you must answer, olaadegbu.
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:28am On Jan 22, 2012
Sweetnecta:

@Olaadegbu: « #45 on: Today at 09:34:47 PM »I asked you the name of the third. I know that if you christians aid one another in knowledge until the end of time, you will not be able to provide me with a name of the one titled holy ghost.

The Holy Spirit is God.  The Father x The Word x The Holy Spirit = God and His name is not allah.

Sweetnecta:

This is one of the prophets of God in action. And John son of Zacharias sanctified Jesus and made him come of age in the tradition of the children of Israel. The coming of age among the children of Israel is pegged at 13 years old and they call it Barmitvah. But the christians called it baptism, similar to their calling God 3 in Tri-une.

So you could not see the Tri-une God in action?  You surely need deliverance from the spirit of blindness.

Sweetnecta:

I hope you apply wisdom that people heard God speak. How come the holy ghost in the christian's tri-une God dumb, not a speaking entity? This is what you must answer, olaadegbu.

The Holy Spirit speaks to His children.  Check Him out in the Acts of the Apostles which is really the Acts of the Holy Spirit.   

"As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them" (Acts 13:2).

The Holy Spirit appoints children of God as ministers.

"Take heed therefore to yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he has purchased with his own blood" (Acts 20:28).

You can now see that the blood that was shed to redeem us is the blood of God.  The blood of our Lord Jesus Christ is the blood of God.
Re: His Story - God's Story by Sweetnecta: 2:42am On Jan 22, 2012
[Quote]The Holy Spirit speaks to His children.[/Quote]Mr. Olaadegbu is the Christian Holy Spirit. Lol.

There it is. That was easy.

Yet you squandered the opportunity to make Lagosshia Christian.
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:02am On Jan 24, 2012
Sweetnecta:

Mr. Olaadegbu is the Christian Holy Spirit. Lol.

There it is. That was easy.

Yet you squandered the opportunity to make Lagosshia Christian.

Are you ready for the bombshell?

Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:31am On Jan 24, 2012
Wait for it!

His Story - Your story (Part 3).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZYnSHzklFk
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:26pm On Jan 24, 2012
Here we go again!

His Story - Your story (Part 4).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE-GPBz6RWk
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:44pm On Jan 25, 2012
His Story -- From the Birth of our Lord Jesus Christ to His earthly Ministry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPLQyZ8h5_E

After seventy years of captivity, the Lord allowed His people to come back to the land of Israel.  Only a small group chose to return, but they as well as Jews elsewhere, still lived under the rule of other nations . . .

Five hundred years later, when Rome ruled Israel, two young Jews named Joseph and Mary, both descendants of the royal line of David, planned to marry.  But before they came together, Mary became pregnant through the power of the Holy Spirit of God.

Then an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream, saying, "Joseph, Don’t worry about taking Mary as your wife: for the child in her was conceived by the Holy Spirit. The child is the Son of God. And when she gives birth to this son, you must name Him 'Jesus', which means Saviour, for He will save His people from their sins."

This happened as the prophet Isaiah had foretold, "The Lord Himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin will bare a son, and they will call Him Emmanuel, which means God with us." 

In a city called Bethlehem, Jesus was born in a stable.  Joseph and Mary had to travel to the city of Bethlehem for a census and to pay taxes.  And while there, Mary gave birth to her firstborn son whom they named Jesus.  So, as prophesied, Jesus was born in Bethlehem to a descendant of King David.

And in the same country, there were shepherds watching over their flocks at night.  And the angel of the Lord came to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were very frightened.  Then the angel said, "Don’t be afraid: for I bring good news of great joy, for all people.  Today a Saviour was born for you which is Christ the Lord."

And the child grew, becoming strong in spirit; and the grace of God was on Him.  Jesus matured, increasing in wisdom and in favour with God and man.

http://www.christiananswers.net/godstory/jesus1.html
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:00am On Jan 26, 2012
The Great Miracle Worker!

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcZ20cShTcQ?version=3&hl=en_GB[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcZ20cShTcQ

Jesus revealed himself as the promised Saviour in many ways, including performing countless miracles.  At a wedding feast, He changed water into wine.  He healed a man who had been lame for thirty-eight years.

Jesus cured a man with Leprosy, saying, "Be clean."  And immediately the leprosy left him.  A man full of leprosy—an untouchable—saw Jesus and fell on his face, saying, "Lord, if You want to, You can make me clean."

Jesus then reached out his hand and touched him, saying, "Be clean."  And immediately the leprosy left him.

Jesus brought sight to a man who had been blind from birth.

One woman, who for twelve years had a disease which doctors could not heal, reached out and touched Jesus' robe.  He turned, saying, "Daughter, be comforted. Your faith has made you well; go in peace."

Those suffering from different kinds of diseases were brought to Him, and He healed them all.

Jesus called twelve men together, asking them to follow Him.  He gave them power and authority over devils, and He sent these disciples out to preach about the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.

His fame went everywhere, and great crowds came together to hear Him teach and to be healed of their diseases.

When a gathering of five thousand people needed food, Jesus prayed over a young boy's lunch of bread and fish.  The food was miraculously multiplied, so that it fed the whole throng, with twelve baskets left over.

But the people kept asking for more proof that Jesus was from God.  They said, "Our forefathers ate manna in the desert. It is written in the Scriptures, He gave them bread from heaven to eat."

Jesus replied, "The bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world." 

The people said, "Lord, give us this bread all the time."

Jesus answered, "I am the bread of life: he that comes to Me shall never hunger; he that believes on Me shall never thirst."  Jesus prophesied that He must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and then be raised from the dead on the third day.

http://www.christiananswers.net/godstory/jesus1.html
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:54am On Jan 27, 2012
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:04pm On Jan 27, 2012
The Betrayal and Crucifixion

After supper, Jesus walked to a garden called Gethsemane for a time of prayer.  His disciples followed Him to this secluded place.

Judas approached Jesus, greeting Him with a kiss of betrayal.  After His prayer, the chief priests and captains of the temple and the elders arrived there, looking for Jesus.  Judas, who had just eaten with Him, was leading the group.  Judas approached Jesus, greeting Him with a kiss of betrayal.

Suddenly, Jesus identified himself to the mob by saying, "I AM."

The crowd went backwards and fell to the ground.

After that, Jesus allowed himself to be tied up and brought into the high priest’s house.

The temple officers who held Jesus ridiculed Him and spit in His face. And when they had blindfolded Him, they punched Him and slapped Him on the face, and then said, "Prophesy you holy man. Who hit you?"

Early the next morning, the crowd led Jesus to the Roman governor, Pilate.  And they began to accuse Him, saying, "We found this fellow corrupting our Jewish nation."

But after questioning Jesus, Pilate told the chief priests, the rulers and the people; "He has done nothing worthy of death.  I’ll just order Him to be beaten and then release Him."

But they called out all at once, saying, "Get rid of this man. Crucify Him. Crucify Him."

Pilate, wanting to satisfy the people, had Jesus brutally whipped, and then turned Him over to be crucified.

The soldiers pushed a crown of thorns onto Jesus' head, and then put a purple robe on Him.  Mocking Him, and beating Him with their fists.
The Roman soldiers braided a mock crown of thorns, placing it on His head, and they put a purple robe on Him.  They said, "Hail, King of the Jews!" And they beat Him with their fists.

Afterwards they took Jesus and led Him away, making Him carry a wooden cross up to a place called Calvary, also known as Golgotha or the place of a skull.

http://www.christiananswers.net/godstory/death1.html
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:08am On Jan 29, 2012
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:59pm On Jan 29, 2012
The Crucifixion 2

There in the same area, where many years before God had told Abraham to sacrifice his only beloved son Isaac, they nailed Jesus, God’s only beloved son, to the cross.

As they did this, Jesus said, "Father, forgive them; they don’t know what they are doing."

The soldiers took Jesus' clothes, gambling for His robe, which fulfilled prophecy.

While Jesus hung between two criminals who were also being executed, soldiers took His clothes, gambling for His robe, which fulfilled the prophetic words spoken by David.

For three hours, the people watched. The rulers with them mocked Jesus, saying, "He saved others; let Him save Himself if He is the Christ, the chosen of God."

Then a darkness came on the land which stayed for three more hours as the prophet’s words were fulfilled: "The Lord laid the sins of us all on Him."

Jesus cried out, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken me?"

Jesus then cried out with a loud voice, saying, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken me?" Jesus, knowing that everything was now accomplished, fulfilled scripture when He said, "I thirst."

The soldiers ridiculed Jesus as they offered Him vinegar by saying, "If you are the king of the Jews, save yourself."

Jesus tasted the vinegar, then called out, "It is finished. Father, into your hands I commit my spirit." Then He bowed His head, and let His spirit go.

As He died, the sun darkened and the earth quaked, and the thick veil of the Temple ripped down the middle.

Now when the Roman captain in charge saw what happened, he said, "Truly this man was the Son of God."

Then the soldiers came and broke the legs of the two thieves who were hanging on the crosses beside Jesus.

But when the soldiers saw that Jesus was already dead, they didn’t break His legs. Instead, one of them pierced His side with a spear, allowing blood and water to pour out.

All of this happened so that the Scriptures would be fulfilled: "None of His bones will be broken," and "They shall look on Him whom they pierced."

Afterwards, two believers (Joseph and Nicodemus) took Jesus' body, wound it in linen grave clothes dipped in spices, and laid His body in a tomb. Then, as requested by the Jewish leaders, the tomb was sealed and guarded by Roman soldiers.
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:03pm On Jan 29, 2012
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:10pm On Feb 04, 2012
God's story: Resurrection and eternity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfRspsHV788
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:00pm On Feb 04, 2012
Resurrection to Eternity

Now, after three days, there was a great earthquake, and an angel of the Lord rolled back the stone from the tomb’s door.  In fright, the Roman soldiers trembled and then ran away.  When followers of Jesus came to the tomb and saw the stone moved, they were confused.

Suddenly, two men stood by them in shining garments, saying, "Why are you looking for the living among the dead?  He is not here, He is risen.  Remember how He told you before that He must be delivered into the hands of sinful men and be crucified, and the third day rise again?"

Then they remembered His words.

The same day in the evening, Jesus came to the disciples and stood among them and said, "Peace to you."

But they were terrified, thinking that they were seeing a spirit.

So He said, "Look at my hands and my feet, it is really Me. Touch me and see, for a spirit doesn’t have flesh and bones, like you see I have. Everything happened as I told you it would because all the writings that described me in the law of Moses, and in the Prophets, and in the Psalms, had to be fulfilled."

Then He opened their understanding, saying, "It is written in the Scriptures that Christ must suffer and rise from the dead the third day; and that repentance and forgiveness of sins should be preached in His name among all nations. And you have seen these things."

Jesus continued appearing to many people, showing them that He was alive, which gave infallible proof of His resurrection. And He instructed His disciples, "Go into all the world and preach the Gospel."

At the end of forty days, Jesus announced to His disciples, "You shall receive power after the Holy Spirit comes upon you, and you shall tell others about Me, both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and to the uttermost part of the earth."

As they watched, Jesus was taken up, and a cloud took Him out of their sight.  Two men in white clothing said, "Why are you standing there staring up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was just taken up into heaven, shall come back again in the same manner as you saw Him go."

http://www.christiananswers.net/godstory/eternity1.html
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:47pm On Feb 04, 2012
This is how Peter would have recounted what he witnessed about the resurrected Christ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8yQ1I4Wofc
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:37pm On Mar 30, 2012
Resurrection to Eternity

So the followers of Jesus went throughout the land, preaching and baptizing, telling everyone that Christ the Saviour was risen from the dead. They showed in the Scriptures how by Adam came sin and death, but by Jesus Christ came forgiveness and the resurrection of the dead.

Christians, dead or alive, will one day be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. They told how one day all the new bodies of those who have trusted God and believed in Jesus as their Lord and Saviour will be raised from the dead and, together with those who are alive, will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.

God's book also says that Heaven will open, and Jesus will return to earth as the conquering King and righteous Judge.

And the name written on his clothes will be KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. And the armies which are in heaven will follow him upon white horses.

Jesus will stand on the Mount of Olives (just as the prophet Zechariah said), and the mountain will divide. And Christ will reign over all the earth. But when a thousand years expire, Satan will once more go out to deceive the nations, but fire will come down from God and devour those who follow Satan.

Then finally, Satan, the deceiver, will be thrown into the lake of fire and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

And then, in front of a great white throne, the dead, both small and great, will stand before God; and who ever is not found written in the Book of Life will be thrown into the lake of fire.

We will all stand before God, the great white throne judgment; and who ever is not found written in the Book of Life will be thrown into the lake of fire.But in a new heaven and a new earth, God will be with His people. And God will wipe away all tears from their eyes. And there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain; for the former things are passed away. And there shall be no night and no need for candles, nor light from the sun; because the glory of God and the lamb will be the light; and They shall reign for ever and ever.

And the Tree of Life will be there and the curse on mankind will be gone.

Jesus says, "Let those who are thirsty come. Let them freely drink the water of life. Behold, I come quickly; blessed are they who obey My words.

He that hears My word, and believes on Him that sent me, has everlasting life, and shall not be condemned; but is passed from death unto life
."

http://www.christiananswers.net/godstory/eternity1.html
Re: His Story - God's Story by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:49pm On Apr 09, 2012
Are you still skeptical and want answers? Click on the suggested link below:

http://www.christiananswers.net/godstory/prayer1.html

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dawkins Is A Dunce (how Anony/deepsight/enigma Mirror Extreme Xtians) / The Most Translated Book After The Bible / Can Tithe Be Shared Amongst The Church, Stranger, Widow And The Poor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.