Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,621 members, 7,840,484 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Pele Auctioning World Cup Winner's Medals Among 1,500 Memorabilia Lots. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pele Auctioning World Cup Winner's Medals Among 1,500 Memorabilia Lots. (389 Views)

Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos / Athletes Don’t Need Too Much Preparation To Win Medals – Dalung / #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pele Auctioning World Cup Winner's Medals Among 1,500 Memorabilia Lots. by ayanfe15(m): 9:22pm On May 31, 2016
Pele will sell his three World Cup winner's
medals as part of a large auction of his
memorabilia from his storied life in June. The Brazil legend will auction off items ranging
from football awards to personal passports to
gifts from dignitaries. The item expected to fetch the highest price is
a replica of the Jules Rimet trophy that was
made for him after Brazil won the 1970 World
Cup. How much would you pay for Pele's passport?
https:///iHQYjVagv6 pic.twitter.com/
xta3AY8O2A - BBC Business (@BBCBusiness) May 31,
2016 Julien's Auctions, which is handling the event
in London, expects the trophy to go for
between £281,000 and £420,000 ($408,000-
$610,000), while his medals could
fetch £141,000 ($205,000) each. The 75-year-old Pele, who has had surgery on
his back, hip and prostate within the past year,
told the BBC the time had come to let others
maintain his collection. "It was a difficult decision to make but it takes
a lot to properly care for these artefacts,
Re: Pele Auctioning World Cup Winner's Medals Among 1,500 Memorabilia Lots. by ayanfe15(m): 9:23pm On May 31, 2016
and I
felt I could do much more good by sharing
these items with the world, as well as helping
my causes that are important to me," he said. Julien's Auctions's Dan Nelles said some of
the proceeds would benefit the Pequeno
Principe paediatric hospital in Brazil. "He had a lot of the property in storage, and it
wasn't seeing the light of day, which this
auction now allows," Nelles told the BBC.
"Also, he wasn't sure what of it his family
wanted to keep, and he didn't want it [the
collection] to fall by the wayside." Among the 1,500 lots up for sale are the ball
with which he scored his 1,000th goal, game-
worn shirts, his NASL championship ring,
and a pair of boots worn in the film "Escape to
Victory."

(1) (Reply)

Nairabet Don Give Out Bonus This Month / You Can Now Make Deposits To Your 1960BET Account Easily With Your Interswitch A / Involved In This Crash Investigation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.