Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,466 members, 7,812,427 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos (68246 Views)

PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga / Chelsea Unveil New Kit To Celebrate 50th Anniversary Of 1st FA Cup Win In 1970 / Portugal Vs Spain: The Moment Ronaldo Scored Free-Kick Goal To Tie At 3:3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by BoneBlogger(m): 1:45pm On Jul 13, 2018
Football legend, Pele was reportedly paid by Puma to tie his shoes in the middle of the field before kickoff of the quarterfinal match between Brazil and Peru during the 1970 FIFA World Cup.

Pele wore Pumas football boots at the 1970 FIFA World Cup; requesting the referee to stop a game in the last minute so he could tie-up his pair of Puma's and create vital promotion for the Puma brand. He knew the cameras would be on him and so did Puma. And they wanted the cameras to focus on his football boots.

Barbara Smit, in her book "Three Stripes Versus Puma", states that PUMA employee Hans Henningsen paid Pele $120,000 to wear Pumas..

Pele, born Edson Arantes do Nascimento, is a Brazilian footballer who is widely regarded as the greatest player to play the game. Pele is the winner of three FIFA World Cups: 1958, 1962 and 1970. Pele scored over 1000 goals and played for two clubs: Santos and New York Cosmos.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/07/history-why-pele-was-paid-to-ties-his-shoelace-before-world-cup-match-in-1970.html

Watch video HERE.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by BoneBlogger(m): 1:46pm On Jul 13, 2018
nice

5 Likes

Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by somito121(m): 1:51pm On Jul 13, 2018
Imagine paying me for sleeping. grin

102 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by peetay(m): 2:16pm On Jul 13, 2018
Long before the Ronaldos and Messis there was a Pele. The one and only G.O.A.T.

205 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by SIMPLYkush: 4:11pm On Jul 13, 2018
LIKE for RONALDO
SHARE for PELE

196 Likes 483 Shares

Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by Sirpaul(m): 4:12pm On Jul 13, 2018
Pele Pele ...

Like for Mbappe Share for Modric

170 Likes 300 Shares

Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by drunkpunk(m): 4:12pm On Jul 13, 2018
Nna anyi Pele

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 13, 2018
peetay:
a real ewure.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by Danny225: 4:12pm On Jul 13, 2018
Hello nairalanders, please pardon my
English ooo. Let me go straight to the point.
My name is sunny and am in my 20's. I am
been into production of food and Beverages
since 2010 and am well experienced in my field. I
know how to make different drinks like:
Softdrinks (Cola, orange, lemon, apple flavours
etc)

Flavoured drinks (Non carbonated)
Yoghurt (sachets and bottle yoghurt).

To write is just a few of what I can produce but
none around to help me with all this different
drinks formulation that I possessed

I have
different recipe for all the above mentioned
drinks. I can even produce one of the best Cola
raw concentrate but here I am with no one to
help me to actualize my dream. I have photos of
what I have produced in the past for few people
that have consulted me.

I know within me that someone somewhere on
nairaland will connect me with right person that
will bring out the best is me. I have been jobless
all this while despite the fact of huge potential in
me that's untapped.

Please nairalanders, help your fellow bro.
You can reach me on 08128106231.
God bless you all.

59 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by MsGood(f): 4:12pm On Jul 13, 2018
Great! I saw a movie about him recently. He is really an inspiration.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by naptu2: 4:12pm On Jul 13, 2018
Pele is streaking down the right!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UzRsvCsC4c

and that beautiful team goal against England.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZGRSyTaRko

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by kingBenedict: 4:13pm On Jul 13, 2018
Perks of being famous

3 Likes

Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by kingBenedict: 4:13pm On Jul 13, 2018
One of the perks for being famous....

1 Like

Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by phlamesG: 4:13pm On Jul 13, 2018
Omo puma don tey o since 1970 I doubt if d original owner is still alive.

How I wish Pele played in d era of neymar, messi, Ronaldo he'll teach them how to play football.

15 Likes

Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by Hallabee1(m): 4:13pm On Jul 13, 2018
OK. next

1 Like

Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 13, 2018
He should be fine.

Arsenal Nicklas Bendtner was fined for expossing his inner wear (Power Paddy) for Euros

3 Likes

Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by LazyNairalander(m): 4:13pm On Jul 13, 2018
God bless all legit hustlers.

check my SIGNATURE

1 Like

Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by ladyF(f): 4:14pm On Jul 13, 2018
Interesting grin

Make i go continue my search for bitcoin to buy sha... Check my signature.. Best rate always. kiss

It's LadyF again. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by MrAnele(m): 4:14pm On Jul 13, 2018
Yawn

1 Like

Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by Nofav0rs(m): 4:15pm On Jul 13, 2018
Imagine stopping the game for a player to tie shoe lace
Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by newbie2018: 4:15pm On Jul 13, 2018
hun

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by eseveli(m): 4:15pm On Jul 13, 2018
Pele the onitsha boy

3 Likes

Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by founderDee: 4:15pm On Jul 13, 2018
only if you know how much ronaldo is been paid by nike

2 Likes

Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by iamnavy1: 4:15pm On Jul 13, 2018
GOAT

1 Like

Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by angelboy01(m): 4:16pm On Jul 13, 2018
SHORT WORLD CUP STORY

Croatia came to this World Cup with only two natural strikers. Mario Mandzukic, the guy who scored the winner last night was one.

The other was Nikola Kalinic (pictured below).

Kalinic was on the bench for Croatia's first game against Nigeria. With five munites to end that game, coach instructed him to dress up and replace another player.

Kalinic angrily refused to play, in protest of being left on the bench.

He saw himself a top player, and wouldn't come on for just five munites. The coach turned to other player Pjaca for the substitution.

After the match, Kalinic refused to apologize, despite appeals from other coaching staff.

The coach then sacked him from the team, and sent him home from Russia. Kalinic flew for holidays, and even posted pictures of himself enjoying elsewhere.

After all, he seem to imagine Croatia won't go anywhere in the tournament. But without him, the team managed to win their matches.

Last night, Croatia achieved their greatest football achievement in history, reaching the World Cup final.

The remaining 22 players are national heroes. Their names forever inscribed in the hearts of generations.

Kalinic is not part of the winning team all because of minutes of anger, pride and bloated ego.

He may have regretted now but it is too late. These stories about life are quite familiar to us, but do we really learn lessons from them? As they profoundly apply to all spheres of life?

Learn to cut pride, learn to control anger and deflate ego. And ultimately, learn to say SORRY.

Years of sweat and dedication can all be shattered by moments of anger and pride.

Don't be a Kalinic

91 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by okonja(m): 4:17pm On Jul 13, 2018
This one is more than a G.O.A.T BUT an Elephant
Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 13, 2018
peetay:
Even before Maradonacheesy
Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by HajimeSaito(m): 4:18pm On Jul 13, 2018
kenonze:
He should be fined.

Arsenal Nicklas Bendtner was fined for expossing his inner wear (Power Paddy) for Euros

Go Brazil collect the fine.

1 Like

Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by Baddiezz(f): 4:18pm On Jul 13, 2018
shockedshockedshocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Clinton N'jie Streams His Sex Tape Online Accidentally / World Cup Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Central African Republic 0 - 1 On 7th Oct 2021 / Mason Greenwood Accused Of Domestic Abuse & Sexual Assault (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.