Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,885 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

12,000,000 For 3 Bedroom Bungalow Isn't That Too Expensive? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 12,000,000 For 3 Bedroom Bungalow Isn't That Too Expensive? (1791 Views)

₦151Billion: World's Most Expensive Home, This Is What It Looks Like(Photos) / Consumers To Pay N450,000 For Bypassing Meters – NERC / The 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Oke-aro Now 2.5m, Give Away Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

12,000,000 For 3 Bedroom Bungalow Isn't That Too Expensive? by businessman7(m): 10:39am On Jun 01, 2016
good Nl members please I want to build a 3 bedroom bungalow along d line of making my research on the internet I notice it can be built for 12m isn't that too much please can I get something cheaper than that?
Re: 12,000,000 For 3 Bedroom Bungalow Isn't That Too Expensive? by Locotech: 10:45am On Jun 01, 2016
businessman7:
good Nl members please I want to build a 3 bedroom bungalow along d line of making my research on the internet I notice it can be built for 12m isn't that too much please can I get something cheaper than that?

Why dont you adopt our Locotech Convention... You can get a 3 brm Locotech flat for 1.9m ...check us out on twitter @Locotech_crib

Or talk to us via lowcostideas@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: 12,000,000 For 3 Bedroom Bungalow Isn't That Too Expensive? by businessman7(m): 10:51am On Jun 01, 2016
Locotech:

Why dont you adopt our Locotech Convention... You can get a 3 brm Locotech flat for 1.9m ...check us out on twitter @Locotech_crib

Or talk to us via lowcostideas@gmail.com
which one is locotech again?

1 Like

Re: 12,000,000 For 3 Bedroom Bungalow Isn't That Too Expensive? by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 01, 2016
businessman7:

I won't even waste my time.
Re: 12,000,000 For 3 Bedroom Bungalow Isn't That Too Expensive? by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 01, 2016
businessman7:

It depends on the sum of its parts.,
Re: 12,000,000 For 3 Bedroom Bungalow Isn't That Too Expensive? by businessman7(m): 11:07am On Jun 01, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I didn't say I wanted a rented apartment but a built one
Re: 12,000,000 For 3 Bedroom Bungalow Isn't That Too Expensive? by Locotech: 11:21am On Jun 01, 2016
businessman7:

Locotech Convention is a cheaper construction method using monolithic walls whereby the walls of the building are cast like concrete without the use of blocks...just cement, sand, and granite formular with BRC mesh insitu...

This convention doesn't require blocks, and doesn't need plastering after casting ...all you do next is just to paint or screed according to your budget.

There are no conventional lintels ...instead you have lintel bars which are cheaper than making lintel with concrete and reinforcement.

All the rooms are ensuit ie 4 toilets and 3 baths....
Let me attach the foundation template for y'all.

Re: 12,000,000 For 3 Bedroom Bungalow Isn't That Too Expensive? by Fadelex(m): 11:24am On Jun 01, 2016
businessman7:
it's quite high, but it all depends on the type of finishes, facilities and location. have you seccured a plot yet? for a moderate and standard 3bedroom, you can get it between 8 and 10million with facilities .
Re: 12,000,000 For 3 Bedroom Bungalow Isn't That Too Expensive? by businessman7(m): 11:44am On Jun 01, 2016
Fadelex:

it's quite high, but it all depends on the type of finishes, facilities and location. have you seccured a plot yet? for a moderate and standard 3bedroom, you can get it between 8 and 10million with facilities .
got a plot at ota
Re: 12,000,000 For 3 Bedroom Bungalow Isn't That Too Expensive? by Fadelex(m): 11:51am On Jun 01, 2016
businessman7:
got a plot at ota
ok... you can pm me for further discussion. what's the size of the plot?
Re: 12,000,000 For 3 Bedroom Bungalow Isn't That Too Expensive? by Locotech: 12:14pm On Jun 01, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Most Engineers are enslaved to norms and this prevents them from noticing new practices and technologies...You will agree with me that a lot of alternative practices have emerged recently...from using cooking gas to fuel generators to using dried tomatoes to make stew.

Its natural, when things become expensive...alternatives are born. Its funny because the same building materials you use to build a 12m naira flat...another company will adopt alternative modes and achieve same at an affordable price. It will be painful in the beginning but sooner everybody will adopt it.
Re: 12,000,000 For 3 Bedroom Bungalow Isn't That Too Expensive? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 01, 2016
Locotech:

Most Engineers are enslaved to norms and this prevents them from noticing new practices and technologies...You will agree with me that a lot of alternative practices have emerged recently...from using cooking gas to fuel generators to using dried tomatoes to make stew.

Its natural, when things become expensive...alternatives are born. Its funny because the same building materials you use to build a 12m naira flat...another company will adopt alternative modes and achieve same at an affordable price. It will be painful in the beginning but sooner everybody will adopt it.

Just share the info here or on a website.

Don't require people to call you or chat with you.

No matter how fantabulous your sale or service is, you need to get it in front of the clients properly.
Re: 12,000,000 For 3 Bedroom Bungalow Isn't That Too Expensive? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 01, 2016
Locotech:

Locotech Convention is a cheaper construction method using monolithic walls whereby the walls of the building are cast like concrete without the use of blocks...just cement, sand, and granite formular with BRC mesh insitu...

This convention doesn't require blocks, and doesn't need plastering after casting ...all you do next is just to paint or screed according to your budget.

There are no conventional lintels ...instead you have lintel bars which are cheaper than making lintel with concrete and reinforcement.

So you're marketing poured concrete walls. Good. I had a high interest in that.

Don't just say that it's cheaper. Calculate it out for us, use one wall as an example.

Re: 12,000,000 For 3 Bedroom Bungalow Isn't That Too Expensive? by Locotech: 12:31pm On Jun 01, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Just share the info here or on a website.

Don't require people to call you or chat with you.

No matter how fantabulous your sale or service is, you need to get it in front of the clients properly.

Sir we are a piling company specializing in foundation systems and we have just started this low cost building technology in Nigeria and we have our target market which are government, ministries and companies with staff housing plans. We are not very interested in individual clients because we are talking low cost so the only way we can practically make profit is from multiple constructions not 1 offs.

But that not withstanding, we can consider single clients based on his level of interest in our product because its not easy up convince a Nigerian so any one interested will be given full consideration.

Here is our website for foundation works like I said earlier
www.mecteccontract.wix.com/mectec

1 Like

Re: 12,000,000 For 3 Bedroom Bungalow Isn't That Too Expensive? by mastercee(m): 12:35pm On Jun 01, 2016
Locotech:

You need where to showcase your service. You don't even have a thread yet on NL, at least start a thread here by posting adequate information about your products and services. A lot of people might be interested in your innovation
Re: 12,000,000 For 3 Bedroom Bungalow Isn't That Too Expensive? by Locotech: 12:38pm On Jun 01, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Don't just say that it's cheaper. Calculate it out for us, use one wall as an example.

I really appreciate your engineering point of argument and in fact that is the type of argument we designed our walls for...but we would reserve the right to make this type of argument in private not on a public forum like this. We fully understand that a cubic meter of concrete goes for N35,000 to N40,000 so when we say our monolithic walls are far cheaper and even stronger because we adopted an optimized mix which we can't devulge here just for boasting.... We know what we are saying.

Thanks ones again for your objective and practical approach.
Re: 12,000,000 For 3 Bedroom Bungalow Isn't That Too Expensive? by Locotech: 12:41pm On Jun 01, 2016
mastercee:

You need where to showcase your service. You don't even have a thread yet on NL, at least start a thread here by posting adequate information about your products and services. A lot of people might be interested in your innovation

We started from twitter @Locotech_crib few weeks back and we will expand with time...Nairaland and Facebook but that will be after our Locotech website is ready...we can't use our piling website to push this product.
Re: 12,000,000 For 3 Bedroom Bungalow Isn't That Too Expensive? by markpenk: 1:32pm On Jun 01, 2016
Locotech, I'm actually intrigued by the concept of building homes using concrete walls. Could you educate us more on this building method? Apart from the seemingly favourable cost implications, I'm also assuming it'll take less time to construct than the conventional block moulding methods we're used to, no? How about factors like insulation, ventilation, aeration and so on? Could you show us some examples of finished projects here in naija?

Surfed the web for some pictures too and I like what I'm seeing. Please see attached pics if you're interested.

https://s3-production.bobvila.com/slides/7654/original/2a621918995c16a53558e43a397c1a07.jpg?1395871681

https://s3-production.bobvila.com/slides/7655/original/1f894cef4c0cde4c4d040437fcd3ac60.jpg?1395871683

https://s3-production.bobvila.com/slides/7656/original/62b98b2e58f16ec25c623cc8ea1f8482.jpg?1395871686

http://www.turtlecreeksubdivision.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/new-concrete-home-for-sale.jpg
Re: 12,000,000 For 3 Bedroom Bungalow Isn't That Too Expensive? by Locotech: 2:05pm On Jun 01, 2016
markpenk:
Locotech, I'm actually intrigued by the concept of building homes using concrete walls. Could you educate us more on this building method? Apart from the seemingly favourable cost implications, I'm also assuming it'll take less time to construct than the conventional block moulding methods we're used to, no? How about factors like insulation, ventilation, aeration and so on? Could you show us some examples of finished projects here in naija?

Surfed the web for some pictures too and I like what I'm seeing. Please see attached pics if you're interested.

Yes besides the low cost which was our primary aim, it takes 3 to 4 weeks to complete and the owner moves in. The issue of insulation ventilation and aeration are as follows: Insulation against cold was of little importance to us because we are in Nigeria and have a temperate climate and if it is of any threat...we can easily control that by what we wear.

But the issue of heat gave us some thought because since the walls are monolithic, heat will propagate through conduction faster than if the walls had hollows in them where convection and radiation slows down heat transfer...instead what we did was to adopt the use of burnt brick tiles for the east side of our building for clients who take this factor seriously.

For ventilation, firstly, if you look at our building you won't know its a different convention even if you are inside. Unless the owner tells you. Everything is conventional except the walls. Windows are aluminium glass, roofing is aluminium long span(cheaper than stone coated tiles ), ceiling in the sitting room is suspended gypsum ceiling tiles, other areas are conventional asbestos ceiling, all floors are tiles, toilets walls tiled to 2m high. All doors are are wooden doors N7000 each or there about.

The concept was to use expensive finishes in small quantities in few areas at a time so when you look at the house in total you get the feeling the suspended ceiling is everywhere for example.

Ventilation and aeration are functions of doors and window openings and in this area we were conventional so you have no troubles...

...Looking at it you will never know its different except you are told or shown the walls in detail.

Feel free to engage us more
lowcostideas@gmail.com

*Modified
Also very soon we will have live construction pics and location to upload here and for our new website we are still talking with our clients... Sorry about that.
Re: 12,000,000 For 3 Bedroom Bungalow Isn't That Too Expensive? by KolaShangOne(m): 2:53pm On Jun 01, 2016
Locotech:

I like your idea. But the building plan doesn't cut it for me. The three toilets (vwc, wc1 and wc2 all use 1 window, 1 vent.
Also, what's the size of the building you are proposing? What type of material is the roof made of? What quality of finishes? Tiling? Is 1.9million till you hand over the keys?
Re: 12,000,000 For 3 Bedroom Bungalow Isn't That Too Expensive? by KolaShangOne(m): 3:40pm On Jun 01, 2016
Locotech:

Vwc and Wc1 have their vents in the ceiling ,
-the roof is aluminium long span, and
-tiles on all floors and bathroom walls to 2m hight, -sitting room has suspended ceiling while other rooms and areas have asbestors.
-Windows are Almaco glass windows.
And Yes @1.9m the keys are all yours except the 10% hidden fee cool...its hidden that's why you can't see it yet.

Bros, Forget the hidden charge, 1.9m for that kinda house is still audacious.
Of course I know your concrete mix cannot possible be 1.2.4 or 1.3.6 or 1.5.7.. I'm guessing 1.8.12? Lol

What is the thickness of the monolithic walls? Up to 225mm? Are partitioning walls also concrete? Doing a concrete slab (German floor).

MAIN QUESTION : What's the size of the house? Gave You Tried Out This Model practically? Will you deliver it in Lagos? Portharcourt? Ogun state?

I'm currently on a project in Ogun state and I know what granite, sand and other materials cost there..
Re: 12,000,000 For 3 Bedroom Bungalow Isn't That Too Expensive? by Locotech: 3:37pm On Jun 02, 2016
KolaShangOne:

Bros, Forget the hidden charge, 1.9m for that kinda house is still audacious.
Of course I know your concrete mix cannot possible be 1.2.4 or 1.3.6 or 1.5.7.. I'm guessing 1.8.12? Lol

What is the thickness of the monolithic walls? Up to 225mm? Are partitioning walls also concrete? Doing a concrete slab (German floor).

MAIN QUESTION : What's the size of the house? Gave You Tried Out This Model practically? Will you deliver it in Lagos? Portharcourt? Ogun state?

I'm currently on a project in Ogun state and I know what granite, sand and other materials cost there..

Sir its not just about the mix alone...there is a formular adopted before the mix was designed, all after extensive research and analysis.

Even the method of casting was critical to ensure maximum bonding at shuttering joints.
Re: 12,000,000 For 3 Bedroom Bungalow Isn't That Too Expensive? by businessman7(m): 3:39pm On Jun 02, 2016
EgunMogaji:

what's d quality of rigidity?

1 Like

Re: 12,000,000 For 3 Bedroom Bungalow Isn't That Too Expensive? by Locotech: 4:51pm On Jun 02, 2016
businessman7:
what's d quality of rigidity?

For example, if you look at the pic I posted, we have 14 concrete columns in a 3brm flat...and a special mix for the walls so rigidity was not even of a topic.

"Variation of compressive strength with xgf content presented, showed that compressive strength increase with xgf content, with the attainment of 28 days peak compressive strength value of 40.70N/mm2, with 20% xgf content after which a decline was observed"
Re: 12,000,000 For 3 Bedroom Bungalow Isn't That Too Expensive? by adebaxton(m): 6:45am On Jun 05, 2016
The attached building plan having a visitor's toilet inside the building without any fenestration is odd, It's advisable around the main entrance to the living room.
Locotech:

Re: 12,000,000 For 3 Bedroom Bungalow Isn't That Too Expensive? by adebaxton(m): 6:52am On Jun 05, 2016
I kinda admire you write up, sincerely 1.9m won't be able to achieve these to 50%.
Reasons: Cost of Materials: Granite,Sharpsand,Cement,Wood,Roofing Sheets et al

1.9m can moderately provide finishes e.g Windows,Tiles,Doors, kitchen & bathroom fitting et al.

Conclusion: get practical with it not just some theoretical analysis.

Locotech:

Yes besides the low cost which was our primary aim, it takes 3 to 4 weeks to complete and the owner moves in. The issue of insulation ventilation and aeration are as follows: Insulation against cold was of little importance to us because we are in Nigeria and have a temperate climate and if it is of any threat...we can easily control that by what we wear.

But the issue of heat gave us some thought because since the walls are monolithic, heat will propagate through conduction faster than if the walls had hollows in them where convection and radiation slows down heat transfer...instead what we did was to adopt the use of burnt brick tiles for the east side of our building for clients who take this factor seriously.

For ventilation, firstly, if you look at our building you won't know its a different convention even if you are inside. Unless the owner tells you. Everything is conventional except the walls. Windows are aluminium glass, roofing is aluminium long span(cheaper than stone coated tiles ), ceiling in the sitting room is suspended gypsum ceiling tiles, other areas are conventional asbestos ceiling, all floors are tiles, toilets walls tiled to 2m high. All doors are are wooden doors N7000 each or there about.

The concept was to use expensive finishes in small quantities in few areas at a time so when you look at the house in total you get the feeling the suspended ceiling is everywhere for example.

Ventilation and aeration are functions of doors and window openings and in this area we were conventional so you have no troubles...

...Looking at it you will never know its different except you are told or shown the walls in detail.

Feel free to engage us more
lowcostideas@gmail.com

*Modified
Also very soon we will have live construction pics and location to upload here and for our new website we are still talking with our clients... Sorry about that.

1 Like

Re: 12,000,000 For 3 Bedroom Bungalow Isn't That Too Expensive? by johnson232: 8:00am On Jun 05, 2016
Locotech:

Sir its not just about the mix alone...there is a formular adopted before the mix was designed, all after extensive research and analysis.

Even the method of casting was critical to ensure maximum bonding at shuttering joints.
this your idea doesn't seem workable to me
you studiously evade too many questions.
what is the mix ratio? what are the sizes of the wall?
how can u use wiremesh for vertical walls of abt 6inches thick and 10feet high? do u think is gonna be durable?
reinforced concrete is more expensive than block.... why is raft foundation more expensive than block foundation? i was thinking your idea was based on exploring timber.

i believe tiling,roofing, will gulp almost 1.5m, no windows,doors,fittings etc... these are just finishes o...
how then will 1.9m complete a building presummed to be built with reinforced concrete?
Re: 12,000,000 For 3 Bedroom Bungalow Isn't That Too Expensive? by Locotech: 9:23am On Jun 05, 2016
johnson232:

this your idea doesn't seem workable to me
you studiously evade too many questions.
what is the mix ratio? what are the sizes of the wall?
how can u use wiremesh for vertical walls of abt 6inches thick and 10feet high? do u think is gonna be durable?
reinforced concrete is more expensive than block.... why is raft foundation more expensive than block foundation? i was thinking your idea was based on exploring timber.

i believe tiling,roofing, will gulp almost 1.5m, no windows,doors,fittings etc... these are just finishes o...
how then will 1.9m complete a building presummed to be built with reinforced concrete?

You are right I wasn't giving out all the info here on NL but I wish I didn't have to hold back. You know in Nigeria people find it hard to get credit for their inventions and breakthroughs ...as I'm talking to you I am currently still at the Federal High Court trying to make a company pay me for infringing on another idea I patented some years back ...its a sorry situation in Nigeria...your good ideas is not good enough to take you higher, first you have to protect it and also channel it properly to be able to benefit from it. It hard believe me...when I finally have my empire I will float a foundation to sponsor and protect inventors in this country and even beyond.

Another idiyot I gave a concept to program based on JV for android phones has stopped picking my calls since 2 weeks now and I dont know if he is a cow or he has hijacked it. I just told myself if I see the product word for word years later I just know he stole it and I bet we will be heading back to the FHC.

Back to the building issue: First dont worry about the cost of concrete because we had done a the worrying for our client's.
For the Engineers and builders in the house our walls are non load bearing walls so they are not as thick as conventional walls (they dont need to be).

The mix is 1:2:4 but the "4" is not your normal granite so we were able to exponge the cost of granite.

Lastly research has shown that an optimization of the mix can increase concrete compressive strength up to 40N/mm2 in 28 days. And remember our walls are not load bearing so that another plus. You can do your research and see things for your self.

If you research on monolithic walls you will see that the thickness ranges from 4 inches down wards and we have carefully mixed different thicknesses for different areas.

I hope I answered all your questions...pls if you have more questions you can mail me so that when I reply I can attach the bill of engineering measurement and evaluation BEME.

I just pray I dont get banned ...God help me.

Re: 12,000,000 For 3 Bedroom Bungalow Isn't That Too Expensive? by Locotech: 9:32am On Jun 05, 2016
adebaxton:
The attached building plan having a visitor's toilet inside the building without any fenestration is odd, It's advisable around the main entrance to the living room.

The idea behind this plan was to have partitions share walls as much as possible...we can happily convert your preferred plan into locotech convention for you or any client...but it will preach its own corresponding cost.

And we have vents in the ceiling so no need to worry about beans eaters lol

1 Like

Re: 12,000,000 For 3 Bedroom Bungalow Isn't That Too Expensive? by laptopsale(m): 7:21pm On Jun 05, 2016
Nice thread, following
Re: 12,000,000 For 3 Bedroom Bungalow Isn't That Too Expensive? by Locotech: 1:18pm On Jun 07, 2016
Following too

(1) (Reply)

A 3 Bedrooms Flat On A Half Plot / Buy 2 Plots, Get 1 Plot Free At Prosperity Gardens 1, Arapagi,Elerangbe, Lekki / Massive Estate Land Promo At Ikola/command Alagbado Axis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.