Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 (28031 Views)

Peter And Mary Odili's PAMO University Of Medical Sciences, Port Harcourt (Photo / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread / Unilag 2017/2018 Admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 by Millex(m): 1:17pm On Jun 01, 2016
This thread is for aspirants of UMS, Ondo state aka UNIMED the first medical university in Nigeria. Let's meet here to share information and rub minds. Thanks you, help push to fp
Re: UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 by Millex(m): 1:25pm On Jun 01, 2016
University of Medical Sciences, Ondo City Pre-
admission Screening Exercise 2016/2017.
The University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED),
Ondo, On do State established with the mission
to foster excellence in teaching, research and
service delivery in all health sciences disciplines
hereby invites all eligible candidates for
admission for 2016/2017 Academic Session into
the following faculties / courses:
1. Faculty of Clinical Sciences
a. Department of Medicine and Surgery
2. Faculty of Dentistry
a. Department of Dentistry
3. Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
a. Anatomy
b. Biochemistry
c. Physiology
4. Faculty of Allied Health Sciences
a. NursingScience
b. Physiotherapy
5. Faculty of Sciences
a. Physics (Electronics and Medical Physics
Options)
b. Chemistry
c. Biological Sciences
d. Mathematics
ELIGIBILITY
a. candidates who scored a minimum
of 180 marks in the 2016 Unified Tertiary
Matriculation Examination (UTME) conducted by
the Joint Admissions Matriculations Board
(JAMB).
b. Direct entry candidates who have already
applied to JAMB and who possess minimum of
10 points in relevant 'A' level subjects or a
B.Sc. (Hons) degree in the basic medical or
biological sciences with a minimum of second
class (lower division) are also eligible to apply
for Medicine and Surgery and Dentistry
Courses.
JAMB UTME SUBJECT COMBINATION
i. All courses in Faculties 1 - 4 above require
English Language, Physics, Chemistry and
Biology in UTME.
ii. Biological Sciences candidates are required
to compulsorily take English Language, Physics,
Chemistry and Biology in UTME.
iii. For Chemistry and Physics programmes,
candidates are required to take English
Language, Physics, Chemistry and Biology/
Mathematics in the UTME while
iv. candidates for Mathematics programme
require English Lanquaqe, Physics, Chemistry
and Mathematics in the UTME.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
The registration form will be available from
Monday, 6st June, 2016 and closes at 12.00
midnight on Wednesday, 31st August, 2016 .
candidates are required to:
i. Visit any bank location nationwide on
ETranzact platform for UNIMED 2016 Post
UTME Application Payment;
Please note that the Candidate's UTME/DE
Registration Number, fuU names (as it is on
JAMB slip) and telephone numbers must be
correctly provided at the point of payment.
ii. Collect printout from bank;
iii. Visit University portal ( www.unimeds.edu.ng )
to verify payment, complete and submit the
Post-UTME Application Form online with correct
information.
AVOID USING CYBER CAFE OR OTHER
PERSON'S INFORMATION ON YOUR
APPLICATION FORM
Passport to be uploaded must be recent
showing clear face of candidate on white
background and must not be more than 10kb.
iv. print out filled copy of application form.
For more details on payment and application,
check the University's website
( www.unimeds.edu.ng ).
ON NO ACCOUNT SHOULD CANDIDATE MAKE
PAYMENT TO ANY UNAUTHORISED ACCOUNT.
PLS SEEK CLARIFICATION IN CASE OF DOUBT
SCREENING SCHEDULE
Candidates are requested to check the
Univdrsity portal for their specific date, time and
venue of computer-based screening exercise.
POST-UTME FEES
Each candidate is to make a total payment of
N12,OOO.OO (exclusive of bank commission/
charges), which include:
i. NlO,OOO.OO for the screening and;
ii. N2,OOO.00 for download of UNIMED Post-
UTME past question and checking of results.
ALSO NOTE THAT
i. All candidates are requested to bring along
the following items to the screening venue:
a. JAMB UTME Notification of Results/
Registration Slips for 'Direct Entry Candidates;
b. Depositor's copy of Bank Teller indicating
payment of TWELVE THOUSAND NAIRA
(N12,OOO.00) only; .
c. Print - out of e-Tranzact payment receipt
(collected from Bank)
d. Printed copy of the completed UNIMED Post-
UTME Online Registration Form;
ii. Candidates are NOT allowed to bring cell
phones or any other electronic gadget into the
examination hall.
iii. For more information or clarifications
candidates are advised to visit the University
website - www.unimeds.edu.ng or call
08066622780; 07035572563
iv. Any candidate who fails to present himself/
herself for the Computer-based Screening
Exercise will NOT be considered for admission.
DISCLAIMER
Kindly note that the University does NOT have
individual/sales agents. For the avoidance of
doubt, valid and authentic details about
admissions into the programmes offered by UNIMED can be obtained only at the University's
administrative and liaison offices; and at the
university's website www.unimeds.edu.ng
Kindly note also, that valid payments for
purchase for purchase of forms can only be
done as prescribed above and NOT into any
individual's account. Anyone who deals with any
individual and or/makes payments into any
individual's account does so at her/his own
risk!
Signed
Dr. (Mrs) E.F. [Truncated by Whatsapp]

I got this from a student in UMS, hopefully by Monday next week the form should be on sale.
Re: UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 by GideonOmach(m): 12:36am On Jun 08, 2016
Re: UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 by GideonOmach(m): 12:36am On Jun 08, 2016
Chief Mills. is that collegiate with OAU? or a separate entity Sir? and Uhmm.. I need to make some inquiries from you please.

Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 by Millex(m): 8:07am On Jun 08, 2016
GideonOmach:
Chief Mills. is that collegiate with OAU? or a separate entity Sir?
and Uhmm.. I need to make some inquiries from you please.

Cc: Lalasticlala
OAU? OAU is in Osun state na, ondo is far from Osun. It's University of Medical Sciences in Ondo state, set up Last year.
Re: UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 by GideonOmach(m): 1:41pm On Jun 08, 2016
Wow! I forgot OAU Ile-ife is in Osun..
Oh! Ondo is pulling these large wings? that's wonderful.
what about accreditations? they've gone a long way into most of the immediate courses Ba since you said twas started last year?
Re: UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 by Millex(m): 2:41pm On Jun 08, 2016
GideonOmach:
Wow! I forgot OAU Ile-ife is in Osun..
Oh! Ondo is pulling these large wings? that's wonderful.
what about accreditations? they've gone a long way into most of the immediate courses Ba since you said twas started last year?
Yh it happens when your Governor is a visionary Dr, they can set up a medical University in the state. They have NUC accreditation and for the MDCN, they got first visit in December and MDCN gave good reports. It's even on their site, they would be coming for follow up visit before clinical stage tho.

1 Like

Re: UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 by tolaxin(m): 9:13pm On Jun 08, 2016
Millex:

Yh it happens when your Governor is a visionary Dr, they can set up a medical University in the state. They have NUC accreditation and for the MDCN, they got first visit in December and MDCN gave good reports. It's even on their site, they would be coming for follow up visit before clinical stage tho.
. Is it those who only chose them in jamb that can apply? And what do you know about their school fees?
Re: UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 by GideonOmach(m): 9:49pm On Jun 08, 2016
Millex:

Wow!! that's really spunky! my former gov. was a captain and we never had any aeroplane talk more of an airport.. maybe he had plans for second tenure but that idea was a miss 'cause the prospected second tenure eluded him. And now we have a new gov. who has done nothing of one year in office.. civil servants being owed for 6months and my school currently on strike, demanding full pay before they call the action off.
I really commend your Gov.
Re: UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 by GideonOmach(m): 9:52pm On Jun 08, 2016
I wanted to ask if there's a formal way of deferring the National call if the reasons are cogent?
Re: UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 by Millex(m): 10:22pm On Jun 08, 2016
GideonOmach:
I wanted to ask if there's a formal way of deferring the National call if the reasons are cogent?
NYSC?
Re: UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 by Millex(m): 10:29pm On Jun 08, 2016
tolaxin:
. Is it those who only chose them in jamb that can apply? And what do you know about their school fees?
Any one for now, 100k upwards
Re: UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 by tolaxin(m): 6:49am On Jun 09, 2016
Millex:

Any one for now, 100k upwards

Thanks. But please, I will like to know exactly how much one will pay in year one and subsequent years in mbbs and other courses. Since you have a friend there already, kindly help me extract information from him/her. Thanks.
Re: UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 by Drdonzeez(m): 9:12am On Jun 09, 2016
I pity this people.They basically don't know what it takes to graduate from a medical school.

2 Likes

Re: UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 by Drdonzeez(m): 9:13am On Jun 09, 2016
I pity this people.They basically don't know what it takes to graduate from a medical school.May God help you guys.
Re: UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 by Millex(m): 11:07am On Jun 09, 2016
Drdonzeez:
I pity this people.They basically don't know what it takes to graduate from a medical school.May God help you guys.
Explain please? you have the info that can help us not errrs, Please
Re: UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 by Drdonzeez(m): 12:07pm On Jun 09, 2016
Millex:

Explain please? you have the info that can help us not errrs, Please
It has come to this notice of the medical and dental council of Nigeria that some newly established medical schools end up admitting students into medicine without getting full accreditation from its council,It has vehemently warned against this several times.This could Actually be said of Delsu,Unibuja and the rest who admitted students into medicine without prior accreditation from the council,hence,subjected their students to frustration and Anxiety.Though,that of delsu has been resolved because they now have full accreditation, while that of uniabuja is nothing short of a collosal failure.It's worthy to note that the pioneer students of delsuth faculty spent 10 years before they graduated from medical school.Uniabuja medical students had spent 8- 10 years,yet,still in 300/400L.Great institutions like uniben ,Oau had suffered the same fate in the past.Now my point is,I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from trying out unimed but the person should it at heart that the journey may not be an exciting one at all.It's synonymous to paying a prize because life itself is a risk .the pioneer medical students of some of these institutions had paid the prize.A medical school without full accreditation doesn't worth the stress.God bless you.
Re: UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 by Millex(m): 8:53pm On Jun 09, 2016
Drdonzeez:
It has come to this notice of the medical and dental council of Nigeria that some newly established medical schools end up admitting students into medicine without getting full accreditation from its council,It has vehemently warned against this several times.This could Actually be said of Delsu,Unibuja and the rest who admitted students into medicine without prior accreditation from the council,hence,subjected their students to frustration and Anxiety.Though,that of delsu has been resolved because they now have full accreditation, while that of uniabuja is nothing short of a collosal failure.It's worthy to note that the pioneer students of delsuth faculty spent 10 years before they graduated from medical school.Uniabuja medical students had spent 8- 10 years,yet,still in 300/400L.Great institutions like uniben ,Oau had suffered the same fate in the past.Now my point is,I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from trying out unimed but the person should it at heart that the journey may not be an exciting one at all.It's synonymous to paying a prize because life itself is a risk .the pioneer medical students of some of these institutions had paid the prize.A medical school without full accreditation doesn't worth the stress.God bless you.
Hmmmmmm
Re: UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 by GideonOmach(m): 6:37pm On Jun 10, 2016
Drdonzeez:

I'm telling you bros. I wanted shaking when you mentioned Delsu but later got consoled when you affirmed their accreditation.
I've heard about schools that suffer these things. it's not easy. Benue state uni. spent almost 13 years going after being accredited only to get partial one last year. I also heard of a student who committed suicide after failing his mbbs and being converted to some other course. he was among the pioneer students and the pain was just too much for him; after all the time he had spent already and it just gets on and on that way.

it's not worth it ooooo...
Re: UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 by GideonOmach(m): 7:36pm On Jun 10, 2016
Millex:
NYSC?
Yes Sir
Re: UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 by Drdonzeez(m): 7:47pm On Jun 10, 2016
GideonOmach:

I'm telling you bros. I wanted shaking when you mentioned Delsu but later got consoled when you affirmed their accreditation.
I've heard about schools that suffer these things. it's not easy. Benue state uni. spent almost 13 years going after being accredited only to get partial one last year. I also heard of a student who committed suicide after failing his mbbs and being converted to some other course. he was among the pioneer students and the pain was just too much for him; after all the time he had spent already and it just gets on and on that way.

it's not worth it ooooo...
I made my points on last year's thread, many called me names.They were overwhelmed with the new structures being put in place.They don't know mdcn accreditation is very stringent.And the incompetent council will remain mute until things go worse.but like I said earlier,someone must paid the prize.It's not a big deal.
Re: UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 by Millex(m): 11:10pm On Jun 10, 2016
In other news, http://unimeds.edu.ng/index.php?currentpage=126

You can get your form now,
Re: UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 by GideonOmach(m): 7:25pm On Jun 12, 2016
Drdonzeez:
I made my points on last year's thread, many called me names.They were overwhelmed with the new structures being put in place.They don't know mdcn accreditation is very stringent.And the incompetent council will remain mute until things go worse.but like I said earlier,someone must paid the prize.It's not a big deal.

Many don't understand and unfortunately most of such schools may be having slow petitioning committee to follow hard after the cause.
Re: UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 by GideonOmach(m): 7:32pm On Jun 12, 2016
Drdonzeez:

That's it sha. Some persons must bear the cross. Even in nature, pioneer organisms suffer a lot, they start growing on the rocks with little nutrients and very harsh weather conditions but after a long length of years, they brave through and die in the end but beautiful is their achievements – that they have made large preparations of soil and nutrients, eventually the follow up organisms survive and live on. Such is life!
Re: UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 by Nobody: 1:16am On Jun 13, 2016
This is the most stupid school I have ever seen.... School fees 252,000 Accommodation 150,000 Standard 40% Worse, they are a bit tribalistic... Am not trying to discourage anyone though.. I wrote the exam last year and I wasn't really impressed @ all
Re: UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 by truth12(m): 10:35am On Jun 13, 2016
durels101:
This is the most stupid school I have ever seen....
School fees 252,000
Accommodation 150,000
Standard 40%
Worse, they are a bit tribalistic...
Am not trying to discourage anyone though..
I wrote the exam last year and I wasn't really impressed @ all

Yeah... nawa oo! so how was the exam last year, hard? And do you think the admission will be easy this year
Re: UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 13, 2016
truth12:

Yeah... nawa oo! so how was the exam last year, hard? And do you think the admission will be easy this year
it wasn't hard.... 50 questions...Physics, chemistry, biology and English..If ur jamb is not up to 250 and above, please don't go near there... so u won't end up wasting ur money... Am just a concerned friend
Re: UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 by truth12(m): 10:46am On Jun 13, 2016
durels101:
it wasn't hard.... 50 questions...Physics, chemistry, biology and English..If ur jamb is not up to 250 and above, please don't go near there... so u won't end up wasting ur money... Am just a concerned friend

Okay!! im getting discouraged here ooooo. lol!! I got 206 *no panicking* and i chose medicine and surgery. do you think i can atleast get another low course if i perform very well in the post utme?
Re: UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 13, 2016
truth12:

Okay!! im getting discouraged here ooooo. lol!! I got 206 *no panicking* and i chose medicine and surgery. do you think i can atleast get another low course if i perform very well in the post utme?
Don't panic Sha oo....
Well, my brother scored 239 in jamb, scored 67 as total, the aggregate for medicine was 74 but he was not given any course.... Have u bought the form??.... If No then I will advice u go for a less competitive course...
Re: UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 13, 2016
truth12:

Don't panic Sha oo....
Well, my brother scored 239 in jamb, scored 67 as total, the aggregate for medicine was 74 but he was not given any course... Have u bought the form??.... If No then I will advice u go for a less competitive course...
Re: UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 by truth12(m): 11:32am On Jun 13, 2016
[quote author=durels101 post=46530051]Don't panic Sha oo....
Well, my brother scored 239 in jamb, scored 67 as total, the aggregate for medicine was 74 but he was not given any course... Have u bought the form??.... If No then I will advice u go for a less competitive course... [/qu

I appreciate your advice, sorry for disturbing. I havent bought the form and also did not buy the *change of course form* but do you think i can still fill in for a less competitive course when i buy the form?
Like i choosing *MEDICINE AND SURGERY* in the jamb and changing the course to *BIOCHEMISTRY* in the postutme form. will it work?
Re: UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 13, 2016
[quote author=truth12 post=46531273][/quote]Sure u can...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Worst Punishment You Ever Got In School And Why? / JAMB Releases Matriculation List. How Undergraduates Can Check Names / DELSU Bans Miniskirt; Reduces Number of Campus Fellowships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.