Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,014 members, 7,825,186 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

What I Have Learnt From Nairaland. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What I Have Learnt From Nairaland. (689 Views)

5 Things I Learnt About Abeokuta (in pics): You Won’t Believe The 5th / What Have Learnt In Nigeria / Nairalander See What I Killed In Our School Farm Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What I Have Learnt From Nairaland. by eyeview: 2:04pm On Jun 01, 2016
Over the years,I have worked in the public(including political) and private sector. I have been opportuned to meet,work and interact with people in various cadre and positions. I have indeed met with various kinds of people and seen various types of reasoning. But in recent times,I have had to depend more on Nairaland to keep abreast with news and events happening in the mass and social media space. And I must confess that I have observed some 'heavily flawed but somewhat funny' reasoning. I will try and put down a few as humorously as I can.
Feel free to add yours too.

1. Nairaland has shown me that there are people who;no matter the news posted,they will never comment on it,instead their job is to look for someone else who made a comment to quote and attack. You will never see such people contribute to the topic. No. They couldn't care less about the issue raised in the news,they can't even remember the information contained therein. All they seek is to find someone who has contributed to attack.

2. Nairaland has taught me that if you see a post and its in its 3rd or 4th page,don't bother,the thread has long been derailed from the subject heading by people who are locked in 'quoting and counter-quoting' argument.

3. Nairaland has shown that there is an association within it known as Name Checkers Association who has taken up the responsibility of verifying and 'sorting' every crime news reported on NL according to tribe. Going by their indices,if you come across a thread with crime stories filled with words like 'drugs,dupes white woman,concealed in suitcase etc',it will most likely be my igbo brothers. If the crime story is laced with words like 'ritualist,herbalist,cult,money ritual,evil forest',it has got to be my yoruba brothers. But if you come across crimes like 'suicide bomber,herdsmen,IDP,misappropriate funds,top government official embezzled,siphon etc',then its my brothers from the north.

4. Nairaland has taught me that there are actually people who form their opinions from the subject heading of the news. And its straight from the subject heading that they will launch their attack or response,it doesn't matter if the content of the news is clearly contrary to the 'misleading heading'. The subject heading is all they need. They don't have time to read the actual content,they are in a hurry to write.

5. Nairaland has taught me that there are people who can draw any topic into tribal bigotry. It doesn't matter what the topic is,trust them to always find a means of introducing a bigoted angle to it. And I mean,no matter what the topic is. I once saw a post on a Premiership match,I rushed into the thread to see that it has long been derailed into tribal bashing. "How on earth could an interesting EPL game degenerate into tribal bashing?" Only in Nairaland. Special respect must be accorded the masters in this area. Great men and women like pentium....,Ngene U......,Omen......

6. The name of Jesus opens doors,but in nairaland,the name that opens doors is lalasticlala and you must approach his throne with offerings(stories) that contain these sacrifices; snakes,tonto dike,cossy orjiako,Femi Fani Kayode,Ini edo,Linda Ikeji etc. Without these,the gates of front page will not be opened unto thee.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Need Help Please. Dear Lagosians. / Honda Civic 2008 For Sale 850k / New Oba Of Benin Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.