Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Nokia Maps - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Maps (21237 Views)

How To Solve Google Maps Not Working After Symbian Belle Update. / Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone / Download Nigeria City Maps On Your Mobile Phone - no browsing fees. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia Maps by Voy(m): 6:57pm On Sep 07, 2009
for nokia maps and togo tv activation cal voy on 08060208403 it real i no de charge oooooooooooooooooo i was formally seekin,but now ive found
Re: Nokia Maps by Orikenny(m): 8:32am On Sep 08, 2009
@ALL ,Am willing 2 give out the full tutorial 4 installing garmin nigerian street map, grin,only if u guys show interest first cuz i don't wanna waste my time to give out tutorial people won't use. lipsrsealed

Re: Nokia Maps by aieromon(m): 10:37am On Sep 08, 2009
How do you want us to show interest?Is it by lickin' ur toes and callin you the great one?
This is a forum where people exchange ideas.there will always be someone willin' to learn something new everyday.there's nothin special in installin' nigerian maps so don't think you're the messiah around here.Look around you and see people give tutorials on various levels of interest without being asked to.
Take your shit elsewhere and never use that i-know-it-all tone in here again. angry
Re: Nokia Maps by Jeophri(m): 12:06pm On Sep 08, 2009
Wot's wrong with this nokia map? After upgrading it, i can't seem to enjoy the satellite view and the voice control navigator. Wot's wrong?
Re: Nokia Maps by Orikenny(m): 3:34pm On Sep 08, 2009
Well,airomon i dont really think dats d best way to talk 2 someone especially when u're talking 2 them 4 d very first,anyone readin ur previous post would think we've had something against each other which is not d case.i only which to make others benefit from what i know and 4 them 2 request 4 it shows dat they really need it and am not just wastin my time.and as u can see from my post count am still new in dis nairaland and i have benefited 4rm intelectuals like dualcore,hayprof,honsule,exinferis.dragnet,shilohboy,naijafan,just2nice and so on.so to say am seeking to increase ma fame is really not founded n by d way this is a virtual world,i might walk past u on a street n u will not even know me.so my brother take it easy enh.
Re: Nokia Maps by aieromon(m): 6:03pm On Sep 08, 2009
Your choice of words sparked my outrage.What do you mean by ", don't wanna waste my time".there are people here that have posted requests and lookin' for solutions.you could have written-
"Here is my maid add" or "Drop your mail add" here so i can contact you.better still,you can decide to start your own Garmin thread.
Instead,you post screenshots obviously not taken by you and sound as if u've hit a golmine of information.
Lastly,take a close look at the posts of the persons you mentioned and check out their postin' style.
No idea is original and nobody on the phone section of NL is an island of knowledge.
I've let it pass just like you
Re: Nokia Maps by Orikenny(m): 3:04am On Sep 09, 2009
@aeiromon, no time to keep trading words with u dude,stop acting like u are the only one on nairaland,people come n go dis forum so stick to whatever floats ur boat,am done here.
Re: Nokia Maps by lekside44(m): 4:04am On Sep 09, 2009
well, need one clarity. what is the source of the nokia map? from the old incomplete lagos, satellite mapping or they did their own personal survey?
Re: Nokia Maps by 4peace(m): 5:03am On Sep 09, 2009
Of all map i've used to me o nokia map is the best.
Re: Nokia Maps by Genuflect(m): 1:30am On Sep 13, 2009
Everybody, please I don't understand this Nokia Maps well o. Does the service provider charge you for using it offline
Re: Nokia Maps by malikalhaj: 3:35am On Sep 13, 2009
nope!!!
Re: Nokia Maps by lynxnoon(m): 11:49am On Sep 14, 2009
guys i dnt know wats wrong wit dis ovi suite oh!!
i tried dwnloading naija map using nokia maps for nokia 5800xm but d nigeria is not included in d countries dat come up just SA, namibia, botswana, egypt but no naija
pls has any1 experienced dis b4 n hw can i resolve it?
tnx for ur responses
cheers
Re: Nokia Maps by Genuflect(m): 4:32pm On Sep 14, 2009
@malik There are some Nokia maps that are to 100mb and there are some you use Nokia map loader to send maps to phones. Please what's the difference? and which one is best
Re: Nokia Maps by Genuflect(m): 6:18pm On Sep 14, 2009
Btw, Orikenny drop the tutorial if you have time. I'm interested
Re: Nokia Maps by Orikenny(m): 6:40am On Sep 15, 2009
Good! someone is finally interested
Here d tutorial goes
Re: Nokia Maps by Orikenny(m): 6:49am On Sep 15, 2009
11. Copy (CTRL+C) the Map unlock key to clipboard.

12. Open the Notepad again and paste (CTRL+V) the key and save the file as GMAPSUPP.UNL --> Be Sure that the file extension is .UNL save it as u saved d one 4 SW.UNL earlier

13. Put your newly created files(i.e SW.UNL and GMAPSUPP.UNL) to your SD/microSD Card \Garmin directory and proceed to the

Third and Last part: Your Map

14.Download naija topographical and street map file here

http://rapidshare.com/files/203401883/1418_MS.part1.rar this is like 100mb ooh,so u must have a very good internet connection 2 download n it does not support any download manager.shikenah

http://rapidshare.com/files/203400655/1418_MS.part2.rar this 25mb

Extract it n it will ask 4 password d password is tom1807

After extracting u will see 2 installers do not install d one with mapsource written on it yet , install d one without mapsource
Re: Nokia Maps by Orikenny(m): 6:53am On Sep 15, 2009
15. After installation launch it on ur desktop When you encounter the Unlock Wizard continue till u see Do you have 25 Character unlocked Code just click Close

16. Dont run yet the Mapsource. next step please,

17. Download the Garmin Unlocker (All.bat & GarminUnlocker.exe) here

http://www.sharemobile.ro/dls/share/47556/Garmin_Mapsource_Unlockerr.rar
extract and put it on the default Directory of Garmin in C. (C:\Garmin) on ur computer

18. Execute All.bat ,on each segments of maps you can see , done!

19. Now you can execute/run the Mapsource installer when u are through with d installation go to C:\Garmin on ur computer and launch all.bat again also run unlocker.exe then go back 2 ur garmin program on ur desktop and u wont see d locked icon below ur map again which means d map has been unlocked, click on the Map Tool just directly above d naija map to select what part of the maps you want to transfer to your Mobile XT.

20. Then hit the Send to Device Button on d left side of d Map Tool button.
Re: Nokia Maps by Orikenny(m): 6:56am On Sep 15, 2009
21. In ur phone memory card u should see d garmin sisx app install it and launch Finished! You can now use your Garmin Mobile XT 2 navigate 2 any major city in naija
with voice guidance

22. (OPTIONAL)Since it does have vehicles included just create a folder named vehicle on \Garmin\vehicle and copy the vehicles you want to use on that folder. Vehicle is optional n its 17MB already compressed just download it on the Garmin website.http://www8.garmin.com/vehicles

NOTE:After you properly installed your Garmin Mobile XT and it works on your Phone you can do this to minimized the space occupied by Garmin on your Memory Card.
Try to Delete some of the unnecessary files on Help, Voice, Eula, Vehicle Folders respectively.

1. If you want only English Voice, you can select all other Voices you have on the Voice Folder except for the English_American_.vpm and English_British_.vpm and hit Del button.
Re: Nokia Maps by honsule(m): 8:59am On Sep 15, 2009
Can one really get ovi map v.3 to download and install straight on the phone instead of using nokia map updater to do that?
Re: Nokia Maps by lynxnoon(m): 9:16am On Sep 15, 2009
honsule:

Can one really get ovi map v.3 to download and install straight on the phone instead of using nokia map updater to do that?
yes its possible but it zaps alot of data u r billed by ur operator,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,found out yesterday frm nokia site
wat u do is just open ur nokia maps on d fone,,,,,,,,,,,tools,,,,,,,,,,,settings,,,,,,,,,,,map,,,,,,,,,,,,,,settings,,,,,,,,,,,,,check for map updates (ofcourse u hv to be online 1st wink)
Re: Nokia Maps by honsule(m): 6:08pm On Sep 17, 2009
i just discovered today that my GPS might be having problem.A guy using N95 got full signal of Gps in my presence whereas,mine is waiting for GPS or no connection.Do anybody know the Solution.
Re: Nokia Maps by Orikenny(m): 7:13pm On Sep 17, 2009
Honsule,ur friend might have switched on his gps some minutes earlier than u did yours and it takes about 5 mins 4 gps 2 get locked on in nokia phones,and as 4 d full signal reception u might be blocking ur gps antennae with ur hands or be in a place where ur phone doesn't have a direct view of d sky.hope this helps
Re: Nokia Maps by honsule(m): 11:32pm On Sep 17, 2009
@Orik.i think there is more to the suggestion/solution you just proffered.there was a time i even left it facing the sky without touching it,yet no gps signal.this guy own one touch,gps signal will just show.am thinking maybe my gps is bad or am not getting sth right.
Re: Nokia Maps by lynxnoon(m): 2:37am On Sep 18, 2009
guys
looks like i may hv ovadone it, d nokia updater on my system refuse to connect n also d nokia maps on my 5800 is not going online so i cnt even update tru OTA
any suggestions, or do i hv to reinstall or do a fone reset?
tnx in advance
Re: Nokia Maps by Orikenny(m): 6:12am On Sep 18, 2009
@Lynxnoon,ur nokia maps updater makes use of ur pc default browser so if ur default browser ain't browsing there is no way in d world ur nokia updater is going 2 connect
@honsule,i suggest u see d phone techs or go 2 nokia care ,they might proffer a solution
Re: Nokia Maps by honsule(m): 7:39am On Sep 18, 2009
Orikenny:

@honsule,i suggest u see d phone techs or go 2 nokia care ,they might proffer a solution

i want u guyz to help me out.i don't wanna go to no tech or Nokia care centre.am thinking it might be the antenna.i have changed the "casing" about 3 times personally.what do u think?
Re: Nokia Maps by abes(m): 12:28pm On Sep 18, 2009
Hi all,
does any1 knw where i can get a bluetooth GPS device in lagos?
Re: Nokia Maps by lynxnoon(m): 2:23pm On Sep 18, 2009
@orik
I used firefox 2 dwnload d nokia map updater tru mtn nite plan so i wonda y dis error msg
Is dere a way arnd it?,cos my intanet connection is ok
Re: Nokia Maps by soki2ng(m): 3:32pm On Sep 18, 2009
Map, Map, Map- una miss road? Just kiddin,
Some one let me kno wen motorola l6 gets map too lol[color=][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The 10 Best Social Networking Apps / Average Price Of Smartphone In Nigeria Drops To $95 / My Ordeal At Computer Village Today.