Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,720 members, 7,809,733 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Microbiology & Oracle Or: - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Microbiology & Oracle Or: (1185 Views)

Oracle Or Mis.... Please Help! / Should I Go 4 Oracle or software engineering / Oracle Or: Guys I Need Ur Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Microbiology & Oracle Or: by pussyboy: 5:47pm On Aug 24, 2009
House pls i need ur candid advice here. I studied microbiology and about to enroll into NIIT 4 a programming course. I have d intent of studying ORACLE. But d problem here is dat i don't know if i'm making d right choice cos i need something that will boost my CV keep me on top of d IT world and can also fetch some cool cash. Ur ideas are all welcome.
Re: Microbiology & Oracle Or: by dueal(m): 5:16pm On Aug 25, 2009
@pussyboy. Sincerely speaking, u r going to end-up regreting. And Oracle is not the name of a programming language.
Re: Microbiology & Oracle Or: by celesto: 5:40pm On Aug 25, 2009
dueal:

@pussyboy. Sincerely speaking, u r going to end-up regreting. And Oracle is not the name of a programming language.

Now that was harsh, I think you should give him a reason for your comment. Plus he does not know what Oracle was that's why he was asking.
Re: Microbiology & Oracle Or: by dueal(m): 7:32pm On Aug 25, 2009
@Everything. I don't feel i was being harsh on the chap. Just being candid. Think of it, he want's to get in to boost his CV, stay atop on IT, and grab cash. Totally the wrong reason if u ask me. He didn't even sound like he's got love for it. Wat do u think?
Re: Microbiology & Oracle Or: by celesto: 1:31pm On Aug 26, 2009
Yup! You are kinda right. You'll need love and interest to be very productive in this discipline.
Check this out: http://alexiskold./2008/04/08/top-10-traits-of-a-rockstar-software-engineer/
Re: Microbiology & Oracle Or: by deevuu(m): 8:46pm On Aug 26, 2009
oracle is all about databases, not programmin, except u want to atudy data of plants, and really u gat to show real interest or else oracle will blow ur head
Re: Microbiology & Oracle Or: by pussyboy: 12:07pm On Aug 27, 2009
Yes i know oracle ain't a programme but it's all about databases. I want 2 choose it cos of a kind of link i think it has on almost all firms as they run databases. My heart's very open 2 grab wat's in here. I just need 2 be sure of wat i'm about 2 do. Pls leave d area of cash here. Help me pls.
Re: Microbiology & Oracle Or: by deevuu(m): 12:15pm On Aug 27, 2009
well its all good, u can do oracle, cuz left to me anybody could do it, but its very complicated but once u grab the basics its kindda easy, but d first step u should take , is for you to learn, SQL, then from there ur good to go, cheers
Re: Microbiology & Oracle Or: by pussyboy: 12:16pm On Aug 27, 2009
@Dueal, you said i'll end up regretting. Pls tell me how. I'm here 2 seek advice and not criticisms. I need real advice or u can still direct me on a part u think is right. Thanks.
Re: Microbiology & Oracle Or: by pussyboy: 12:20pm On Aug 27, 2009
@Deevuu, thanks man.
Re: Microbiology & Oracle Or: by dueal(m): 7:36pm On Aug 27, 2009
@pussyboy. Being a critic is just not my style. As i said and as is well know in this field of practice, if u ain't got no love 4 it then u won't get out the 'door'. By that i mean u won't get as far as you should to be competitive. Search the inner-most creeks of u soul and find what wills u toward this area, then find out if it has to do with instructing the machine to get results or something else. Popular saying, 'when there's the will then there's the way'. Literally.
Now, there are alot of options in this field to choose from:
web page author, web developer, database admin, database application developer, systems networking, software programming , game programming, e.t.c. It's up to u.
Re: Microbiology & Oracle Or: by pussyboy: 8:27pm On Aug 27, 2009
@Dueal, thanks man. I got d desire.
Re: Microbiology & Oracle Or: by pussyboy: 9:58am On Aug 31, 2009
Why is nobody saying a thing? I'm still waiting.
Re: Microbiology & Oracle Or: by Afam(m): 10:38am On Aug 31, 2009
pussyboy:

House pls i need your candid advice here. I studied microbiology and about to enroll into NIIT 4 a programming course. I have d intent of studying ORACLE. But d problem here is dat i don't know if i'm making d right choice cos i need something that will boost my CV keep me on top of d IT world and can also fetch some cool cash. your ideas are all welcome.

1. You are not sure what you want to do. First, understand what you want before asking for advice. You cannot enroll into NIIT for a programming course and intend to study ORACLE.

2. Boost your CV to keep you on top of the IT world? IT is too vast and that makes what you hope for almost impossible to achieve

3. Fetch some cool cash. While it is good to make money from what you do but when it comes to programming if making money is your priority then you may abandon it along the line because it takes time to understand programming very well and even longer time to earn the trust and respect of companies that will pay you plenty money for programming solutions.

But, first things first, take your time and learn what these technologies mean and what they can really do and whether you are willing to go into programming.

Good luck.
Re: Microbiology & Oracle Or: by Cactus(m): 8:11am On Sep 01, 2009
deevuu:

oracle is all about databases, not programmin, except u want to atudy data of plants, and really u gat to show real interest or else oracle will blow your head

Go and get any job relating to Oracle be it DB Admin, application developer, tester, etc and dont know how to write sql scripts etc.

You will say scripting is not programming.

Programming gives instructions
Scripting gives instructions

Dont even bother applying for a job if you dont know how to script
Re: Microbiology & Oracle Or: by pussyboy: 8:13pm On Dec 18, 2009
House, pls i still need more info on this. I need u guys 2 fill me in. Plenty things dey my head now. Common u guys should please guide me thru. Thanks & expecting info.

(1) (Reply)

[PHP] Fastest Way To Connect To Your Database And Retrieve Your Values! / What Android Phone Wud You Recommend For A Programmer? / This Is My 1st Web App Ever - A Search Engine For Africans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.