Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,455 members, 7,770,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:05 AM

Please Help Me Is This A Scam? Urgent Please - - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Please Help Me Is This A Scam? Urgent Please - (5133 Views)

Urgent Please / Was TSTV A Scam? / Tracking Down Scammers - Very Urgent Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me Is This A Scam? Urgent Please - by WalkerMichael(m): 2:41pm On Jun 02, 2016
Does anyone has any idea on a website called myplaygram. They're currently hosting a photo contest which I sent them a picture of my sister and all the details that was required. Fast-forward to today, I was sent a mail that my sister has been shortlisted for the contest. They also sent me a list of others that were shortlisted, this is it http:// myplaygram.com/photocontestlist/... The thing I'm confused on which I need enlightenment on is That, in the mail, they asked us to pay 10k for the form fee which is making doubt their genuinety. Please guys help me out. Are they real or fake? Mods Frontpage plss @lalasticlala etc
Re: Please Help Me Is This A Scam? Urgent Please - by WalkerMichael(m): 2:42pm On Jun 02, 2016
This is the mail I was sent We are glad to inform you and more also to congratulate you for your submitted photo entry for the 2016 edition of The MyPlayGram Photo Contest for Commercial Prints and Adverts was found pleased enough for approval in the screening exercise carried out on ten thousand one hundred and twenty eight (10128) entries submitted by different ambitious photogenic Nigerian individuals who strongly aspire and desire an ultimate goal for themselves. This implies that you have been officially shortlisted This implies that you have been officially shortlisted by MyPlayGram Limited Africa’s Leading Digital Entertainment & Events Company as one of the people who will benefit from the MYPLAYGRAM PHOTO MONETIZATION PROJECT 2016 a service/platform set aside and designed to discover, appreciate, compensate, reward and monetize young Nigerians photogenic efforts creating another huge source of living for them entirely in modelling, commercial print advert, video advert and more via our newly redesigned & improvized MyPlayGram Digital Advert Platform a premium photo downloading portal scheduled to be launched on Wednesday 24th and 26th of June 2016 at the Abuja International Conference Center, Herbert Macaulay Way, Garki, Abuja. We’ve decided to launch this one of a kind Image/ Photo Monetization Platform, which gives young Nigerians the opportunity to monetize their look using their images/photos on our commercial print adverts. To view the shortlisted contestants visit http:// myplaygram.com/photocontestlist/ We have some important information to pass across to you as a shortlisted nominee in the contest, we dearly endure you to pay close attention to the information. Firstly, in respect to the official announcement made to the general public during the "Unveiling of the Event" and "Call for submission of entries" that a second party submission is not allowed i.e. submitting on another persons behalf or submitting another persons work is totally prohibited and abiding with the rules and regulations guiding the contest and the the event in whole to avoid unforeseen/future problems and as written on the official website that all the lucky shortlisted nominees will have to proceed to make an official registration to become a registered and approved nominee. All shortlisted nominees are to make an official registration to ensure that the participant who is believed to be the official bearer of the shortlisted name for the approved photo entry and the rightful owner of the photos, serving us the right to reform the shortlisted nominee to our marketable taste and giving us a copy right use as a material/content in the commercial photo pages of our yet to be published The MyPlayGram Entertainment Magazine, Tv Adverts and other publications. Photos of all the registered shortlisted participants shall be made available for premium download just like the Olajumoke Orisaguna's case whereby people will have to pay with either their AIRTIME or ATM to view/download the photo and a pre-order of our commercial studio image shall also be made available immediate after the registration process One of our major reasons for the registration is to commit all shortlisted individuals for the organization also will be spending a huge amount of naira to promote each and every registered shortlisted nominees. Note: All contestants are to get, fill and sign a Bio- Data and E-contract Agreement form which is the legal backup and agreement between the contestant and MyPlayGram Limited. Registration for the Contestant's Bio-Data Form and E-contract Agreement commences officially by 8.00am today Thursday 2nd of JUNE 2016 and shall end by 4.00pm today also Thursday 2nd of JUNE 2016. HOW TO REGISTER Nominee's Registration Fee is 10,000 Naira only(Ten Thousand Naira Only). All shortlisted nominees are officially directed to pay their registration fee into the account below Account Name: Oladokun Folake Account Number: 0049784564 Bank Name: GTBank Note: All shortlisted nominees are expected to start making their payments for the Nominee's Registration Form, Bio-data and Agreement Papers immediately this message is received. Registration starts immediately today Thursday 2nd of JUNE 2016 and shall end by 4.00pm today also Thursday 2nd of JUNE 2016. Nominees are expected to forward their * Teller number * Payee name * Shortlisted name * Phone Number Forward and send all this required information to the official contestant's registration email register@ myplaygram.com or to the official email of the agent in charge of all contestants registration, folake@myplaygram.com You shall be notify immediately your Contestant's Registration Payment is confirmed from the bank Contestant's Registration and Agreement Papers shall be sent to you immediately. NOTE: Information on the voting shall be forwarded to all registered contestants immediately their payment is confirmed from the bank. ABOUT THE VOTING Voting shall commence by 6.00pm today 2nd of June 2016 on a standard transparent online voting poll, hold for few weeks and shall end by 11.59pm on Friday 10th of June 2016. Participants are expected to scout for vote from the public, tell their friends and family to vote for them for the participant with the highest vote wins. * Winners shall be announced and publicized via major news-papers, websites, television stations, radio stations and other media houses on Monday 13th of June 2016. * Twelve(12) winners(12) contestants with the highest votes) shall emerge. Note: Note: All registered approved contestants shall be given a free accommodation, feeding and ticket to the most anticipated event of 2016 The Launching of MyPlayGram Digital Advert Platform scheduled to hold on Wednesday 24th and 26th of June 2016 at the Abuja International Conference Center, Herbert Macaulay Way, Garki, Abuja. NOTE * Only the registered nominees shall be on the voting poll. All unregistered shortlisted contestants shall be totally disqualified with no reward. NOMINEES/CONTESTANTS REWARDS * Every approved and registered contestants shall be given a free Blackberry Passport Phone to the most anticipated event of 2016 The Launching of MyPlayGram Digital Advert Platform scheduled to hold on Wednesday 24th and 26th of June 2016 at the Abuja International Conference Center, Herbert Macaulay Way, Garki, Abuja. * Each registered nominee will be given two regular tickets worth 5,000 Naira per ticket to the event. * Registered nominees will be publicized with their picture, contacts and short biography on major events and entertainment websites and in the next edition of our Magazine and other sister magazines. * Many more unannounced benefits and rewards for all registered contestants from the supporters and sponsors of the contest and the event as a whole. Note: Registered Nominees rewards totally differs from winners rewards so you are advised to stretch your strength to win huge votes for yourself for you to win the most prestigious recognition in digital advert, a once in a life time opportunity worth battling for. REWARDS FOR WINNERS * Each registered applicant/winner shall enjoy free advertisement, hype, promotion and marketing worth. * Free transportation, accommodation, feeding and every approved and registered participants shall be given a free ticket to the most anticipated event of 2016 The Launching of MyPlayGram Digital Advert Platform scheduled to hold on Wednesday 24th and 26th of June 2016 at the Abuja International Conference Center, Herbert Macaulay Way, Garki, Abuja. * Each registered participant shall be given free Blackberry Passport phone. * Winners shall also be rewarded with N500,000 each. * Winners shall be given a commercial print image right contract worth millions of Naira and shall be recognized as MyPlayGram Ambassador for a period of 12 months. NOTE: You are advised to proceed with your registration immediately this message is received to avoid being disqualified from the once in a life time opportunity. Call us on 09035576068 Mail us to ask@ myplaygram.com Visit us at plot 85 R/Shodeinde Street CBD Abuja, F.C.T. Nigeria. <
Re: Please Help Me Is This A Scam? Urgent Please - by WalkerMichael(m): 2:42pm On Jun 02, 2016
God
Re: Please Help Me Is This A Scam? Urgent Please - by Ugoeze2016: 3:38pm On Jun 02, 2016
Like seriously? They expect you to read this long essay...never seen email long as this....please shine your eyes and be extra careful.
Good luck to you and your sister
Re: Please Help Me Is This A Scam? Urgent Please - by Akfol(f): 10:49am On Jun 10, 2016
It looks real but the money involved!!!? You can give it a trial, and u could be lucky to win .
Re: Please Help Me Is This A Scam? Urgent Please - by mallies: 12:26am On Jul 11, 2016
it is scam.... ignore it my dear before they will ask u to pay any money .. they sent me the same message after I registered yesterday night

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Is This A Scam? Urgent Please - by Romanciella(f): 2:41pm On Sep 22, 2016
So did u pay them
Re: Please Help Me Is This A Scam? Urgent Please - by lillyitunu(f): 3:40pm On Sep 26, 2016
this is correct scam cos same is happening to me now but they changed the company name to NAIRA MEDIA PHOTO CONTEST but other details are the same.
Re: Please Help Me Is This A Scam? Urgent Please - by Maggietinto: 8:56am On Sep 30, 2016
Myplaygram or naira media or any other name they gave to it na scammm ooo.Nigerian I send 10000 to them .they do forward ,reply or pick my call and messages again .pls brocast in other not to HV another victim o
Re: Please Help Me Is This A Scam? Urgent Please - by Jjaden: 6:26am On Oct 06, 2016
Men..I sent my pictures and got just the same message and mails. The only difference is the name- Naira Media photo contest not Myplay like you stated.
Everyother thing are the same. If they are genuine, I believe their name should be the same. And after I checked the list my name wasn't on it, I sent a mail to them and they responded telling me to register that after I do that, it will be rectified. Can you imagine. That was when I started having doubts.
Re: Please Help Me Is This A Scam? Urgent Please - by mimi6969(f): 3:39pm On Oct 26, 2016
Jesus is Lord, truly... I just got this exact mail . I was asked to complete the registration with 10k before 4pm. I decided to Google NairaMedia and it has confirmed my suspision that the whole thing is a huge scam. They are using Olajumoke's picture to promote it and she has disassociated herself from it, saying she is in no way involved. People are desperately wicked. There should be a front page article to warn people of this scam.

Re: Please Help Me Is This A Scam? Urgent Please - by ThePrekky(m): 11:10am On Oct 31, 2016
I just got the same mail from NairaMedia Photo Contest.. I'm checking online to see if anyone has ever won it before but I can't find anything
Re: Please Help Me Is This A Scam? Urgent Please - by joycelycious(f): 5:23am On Nov 08, 2016
wat i shame i think i fell for it as a student 10k is a huge loss may God reward them according to their deeds
is there not a way this people could be brought to justice i mean theres an acct detail dat can lead some where jst saying if i could get my money back illd be very happy embarassedwat i shame i think i fell for it as a student 10k is a huge loss may God reward them according to their deeds
is there not a way this people could be brought to justice i mean theres an acct detail dat can lead some where jst saying if i could get my money back illd be very happy
Re: Please Help Me Is This A Scam? Urgent Please - by Treashking: 11:46pm On Jan 04, 2022
Please is phoenix online photo contest legit or scam. Please help me

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Nairaland Located? / #bbnaija: Tobi Bakare Becomes First Head Of House / Photo:the Sea Monster That Eat's Somali Pirates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.