Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

What Is The Cheapest Way To Do Video Conferencing - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What Is The Cheapest Way To Do Video Conferencing (1224 Views)

What's The Cheapest Brand New PC To Satisfy These System Requirements? / Cisco Voip Network PBX Voice Networks Video Conferencing Systems / Get The Cheapest Glo Data Ever 6gb For N1500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Cheapest Way To Do Video Conferencing by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 02, 2016
I am abroad in Europe and would like to have video conference with individuals in Nigeria.

I believe it may cost people a lot of data.

How can this be done without using too much of their data?

Look forward to your ideas.
Re: What Is The Cheapest Way To Do Video Conferencing by persius555(m): 9:55am On Jun 03, 2016
Skype uses proprietary point to point protocol for communication.
Do Qos traffic shaping on your router, suscribe to mtn or glo and you should be fine.
Re: What Is The Cheapest Way To Do Video Conferencing by ayoomo9(m): 8:58pm On Jun 03, 2016
Re: What Is The Cheapest Way To Do Video Conferencing by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 04, 2016
So Skype is less costly on data for people in Nigeria than other forms? Does Whatsapp use much data? sorry I am technologically ignorant.

What does Qos traffic shaping on router do?
How is it done?
I presume when you say subscribe to MTN or Glo you are talking broadband,
persius555:
Skype uses proprietary point to point protocol for communication.
Do Qos traffic shaping on your router, suscribe to mtn or glo and you should be fine.
Re: What Is The Cheapest Way To Do Video Conferencing by persius555(m): 12:45pm On Jun 05, 2016
GenBuhari:
So Skype is less costly on data for people in Nigeria than other forms? Does Whatsapp use much data? sorry I am technologically ignorant.

What does Qos traffic shaping on router do?
How is it done?
I presume when you say subscribe to MTN or Glo you are talking broadband,
I dont think whatsapp video is common in nigeria, skype is. I used this skype video call feature about two years ago with my former boss and wife. The technology is what a lot of international broadcast media use for their interviews.
Qos shaping allows you alllocate as much bandwidth to a particular device on your shared network.
Those two providers should be able to meet your need.
Re: What Is The Cheapest Way To Do Video Conferencing by Nobody: 6:42am On Jun 06, 2016
Thanks, So if someone in Nigeria uses skype how much would it cost for a 10min video conference? Would it be much cheaper for them if the do not use the video option?

Does regular whatsapp cost any data at all?
persius555:
I dont think whatsapp video is common in nigeria, skype is. I used this skype video call feature about two years ago with my former boss and wife. The technology is what a lot of international broadcast media use for their interviews.
Qos shaping allows you alllocate as much bandwidth to a particular device on your shared network.
Those two providers should be able to meet your need.

(1) (Reply)

Simple Way To Know Who Views Your Facebook Profile Most Frequently Among Your FB / Need A Laptop / Bodhi Linux 4.2.0 Released By Light Weight Linux Users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.