Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

EFCC Docks AVM Oguntoyinbo For N166m Bribe - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Docks AVM Oguntoyinbo For N166m Bribe (10768 Views)

Lady Brutally Attacked by Robbers in Traffic Caused by Police Collecting Bribe / EFCC Docks Man for N229m Fraud (Photos) / EFCC Docks Sambo For N10m Fraud(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Docks AVM Oguntoyinbo For N166m Bribe by emamos: 5:22pm On Jun 02, 2016
In continuation of its relentless efforts in bringing corrupt public officers to justice, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Thursday, June 2, 2016 arraigned Air Vice Marshall Olutayo Tade Oguntoyinbo before Justice Olukayode A. Adeniyi of the Federal Capital Territory High Court sitting in Apo, Abuja on one count charge of bribery to the tune of N166million (one hundred and sixty-six million naira).
Allegedly, AVM Oguntoyinbo while being the Chief of Training and Operations of the Nigerian Air force collected the sum of N166m (one hundred and sixty-six million naira) as gratification from a contractor with the Nigerian Air force, Societe D’ Equipments Internationaux Nigeria Limited.
The act contravenes Section 17(a) of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Act, 2000 and punishable under Section 17(c) of the same Act.
The charge reads:
“That you, AVM Olutayo Tade Oguntoyinbo whilst serving as Chief of Training and Operations, Nigerian Air force and the CEO/Managing Director as well as the sole signatory to the account of Spaceweb Integrated Services Limited with Wema Bank, on or about the 11th July, 2014 at Abuja within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court did accept a gift in the sum of One hundred and Sixty Six Million Naira (N166,000,000) from Societe D’ Equipments Internationaux Nigeria Limited, a contractor with the Nigerian Air force in performance of your official act and you thereby committed an offence contrary to Section17(a) of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Act, 2000 and punishable under Section 17(c) of the same Act”.
The defendant pleaded not guilty when the charge was read to him
In view of his plea, counsel to EFCC, Francis Jirbo asked the court for a date for hearing.
But, Oguntoyinbo’s counsel, Henry Michael Ihun prayed the court to grant bail to the accused on liberal terms.
Jirbo kicked saying that, he was served with the bail application shortly before the court started sitting and needed time to respond to it.
Justice Adeniyi ordered that the accused person be remanded in Kuje Prison pending hearing on the bail application and adjourned to June 6, 2016.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/efcc-docks-avm-oguntoyinbo-n166m-bribe/

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Docks AVM Oguntoyinbo For N166m Bribe by emamos: 5:23pm On Jun 02, 2016
It is well
Re: EFCC Docks AVM Oguntoyinbo For N166m Bribe by LoveMachine(m): 6:23pm On Jun 02, 2016
Everytime I come on NL and see another story of bribes and siphoning of money I need an antacid. How can we have so much money to throw around for evil purposes?

No power! No healthcare! No roads! No schools! THIS IS MADNESS!

May they all pay dearly for inflicting this suffering upon us!

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Docks AVM Oguntoyinbo For N166m Bribe by Omonigeriarere: 7:47pm On Jun 02, 2016
It always surprise me how EFCC became a toothless dog that cannot bite under the Ineffectual Buffon.

God bless PMB

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Docks AVM Oguntoyinbo For N166m Bribe by hucienda: 8:30am On Jun 03, 2016
The name?!!! angry angry

ohh... An AVM! Westcoast representing...

Fellow name checkers, over to you.

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Docks AVM Oguntoyinbo For N166m Bribe by kingphilip(m): 8:31am On Jun 03, 2016
Ok
Re: EFCC Docks AVM Oguntoyinbo For N166m Bribe by terrymason(m): 8:32am On Jun 03, 2016
U C

1 Like

Re: EFCC Docks AVM Oguntoyinbo For N166m Bribe by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:33am On Jun 03, 2016
Jail Him cool
Corruption doesn't belong to any tribe or religion

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Docks AVM Oguntoyinbo For N166m Bribe by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 03, 2016
May BUHARI punish them

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Docks AVM Oguntoyinbo For N166m Bribe by sanandreas(m): 8:33am On Jun 03, 2016
No sympathy for looters. Cough our money or end up in kuje

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Docks AVM Oguntoyinbo For N166m Bribe by MadCow1: 8:33am On Jun 03, 2016
166 Million Naira Bribe? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

They should free the guy abeg, even me will sell my soul for half that price.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Docks AVM Oguntoyinbo For N166m Bribe by jamex93(m): 8:33am On Jun 03, 2016
E dey happen
Re: EFCC Docks AVM Oguntoyinbo For N166m Bribe by SageTravels: 8:33am On Jun 03, 2016
hmmm
Re: EFCC Docks AVM Oguntoyinbo For N166m Bribe by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:33am On Jun 03, 2016
Jail Him cool
Corruption doesn't belong to any tribe or religion
Re: EFCC Docks AVM Oguntoyinbo For N166m Bribe by Jwhizzy(m): 8:34am On Jun 03, 2016
For those who have a problem with the anti corruption campaign, pray tell what you'll do differently if you were in a position to.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Docks AVM Oguntoyinbo For N166m Bribe by mostyg(m): 8:35am On Jun 03, 2016
Are there no corrupt Nigerians?

It has always been a looting galore

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Docks AVM Oguntoyinbo For N166m Bribe by Emmaoga: 8:41am On Jun 03, 2016
all this money wey person no dey see only for figures here.

EFCC BE LIKE.....THIS PERSON DON RETURN $60,000 ON PAPER WRITING

NIGERIANS. EFCC PLS SHOW US THE MONEY...

EFCC. I SAID ON PAPER NOT CASH.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Docks AVM Oguntoyinbo For N166m Bribe by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 03, 2016
Re: EFCC Docks AVM Oguntoyinbo For N166m Bribe by CaptainBomb(m): 8:43am On Jun 03, 2016
Fvck
Re: EFCC Docks AVM Oguntoyinbo For N166m Bribe by truthspeaks: 8:45am On Jun 03, 2016
Even military n bribe are now becoming padi padi. #DockingTinz #tgif

1 Like

Re: EFCC Docks AVM Oguntoyinbo For N166m Bribe by Dplaymaker(m): 8:50am On Jun 03, 2016

1 Like

Re: EFCC Docks AVM Oguntoyinbo For N166m Bribe by RichDad1(m): 8:54am On Jun 03, 2016
Witch hunting of Southeasterners must stop.
Proudly 5% tongue tongue

Where my ipod blodas? This zoo must fall. angry
Re: EFCC Docks AVM Oguntoyinbo For N166m Bribe by Nobody: 8:55am On Jun 03, 2016
grin
papawemba:
160m mtchwwwww. The money no even plenty. grin
papawemba:
160m mtchwwwww. The money no even plenty.
Re: EFCC Docks AVM Oguntoyinbo For N166m Bribe by Fourwinds: 8:57am On Jun 03, 2016
MadCow1:
166 Million Naira Bribe? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

They should free the guy abeg, even me will sell my soul for half that price.
ur moniker connotes what u can do
Re: EFCC Docks AVM Oguntoyinbo For N166m Bribe by esonuu(m): 9:08am On Jun 03, 2016
Some peeps kips talking ill about GEJ wenever any story with a caption "EFCC docks so so person 4 so amount of money" cums up here..i'm not a fan of neither gudluck nor buhari but i fink we need to talk like people who gat brain..jonathan was clueless and corrupt yet there was little/no inflation in price(s) of guds under his administration,only very few firms retrenched, buhari is gud, not corrupt and kips recovering stolen money 4rm ppl yet firms kips downsizing,prices of guds kips going up,things kips getn worse & sum peeps here who claims to be learned stil praises him

1 Like

Re: EFCC Docks AVM Oguntoyinbo For N166m Bribe by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 03, 2016
Capital punishment is nig's sole remedy!
Re: EFCC Docks AVM Oguntoyinbo For N166m Bribe by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 03, 2016
Jonah ooooooo!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Docks AVM Oguntoyinbo For N166m Bribe by mapet: 9:11am On Jun 03, 2016
See how IPOB touts avoided this thread like a plague grin

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Docks AVM Oguntoyinbo For N166m Bribe by zubbyenebeli: 9:25am On Jun 03, 2016
Now,I'm not against recovering of looted funds,bt why r d northerners not showcased in most of these cases,does this say they d northerners are clean and innocent of corruption?so far,its just dasuki's case,am seening oo,buhari arrest ur people oo,as they r guity ones,dt you are aware of o.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Docks AVM Oguntoyinbo For N166m Bribe by agbangam: 9:30am On Jun 03, 2016
Hmm, dis country ehnn, dis pple just steal witout mercy.. I don't pity dem, dey deserve to rot in hell

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bizarre: Girl Rapes Boyfriend To Death In Calabar (graphic Pix) / EFCC Arraigns Seven For SIM Swap Fraud In Kaduna / Police Arrests An Alfa For Tapping Neigbour’s Electricity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.