Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

My Experience With A Fake Training Centre In Lagos (photos) - Certification And Training Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Certification And Training Adverts / My Experience With A Fake Training Centre In Lagos (photos) (1715 Views)

Get The Hottest And Best IT Training Centre In Lagos / Best NEBOSH Accredited Training Centre In Nigeria / Best NEBOSH Accredited Training Centre In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With A Fake Training Centre In Lagos (photos) by askddon: 1:17am On Jun 03, 2016
Hello nairalanders, this may not be for everybody so i'll just hit the nail on the head. i just wanted to bring to the awareness of our hardworking young men out there who may be interested in pursuing telecoms as a career, to be wary of false training centres that seem to surface everywhere nowadays. It is no longer news that due to the high rate of unemployment and bad economic situation in the county, most job seekers try to gather experience and training to boost their cv and stay afloat. In light of this, certain groups have taken this opportunity to lure unsuspecting victims into their trap with false promises and agreement. One of those outfits is called keltech communications(located at isolo). They place ads here on nairaland on telecoms training with promises of 100% practicals, field training & experience, internship and subsequent job placement after internship (story for the gods).

Now don't get me wrong, boosting your cv is a very good idea; but when you see a small outfit (training center) that looks like a cyber cafe (or not) promising you employment (after payed training), please the first thing you should do is dust your shoes and take off don't even look back. if i did, i probably would have been a happier person today, but as oluwa will have it, i squeezed out 150k (as naija hard reach) just to improve my writing skills by copying notes for 6 months and also increase my buttocks size sitting down all the time in a cyber cafe (what should have been hands-on practical experience on telecoms) all thanks to a training center that has just one trainer (i should have known better). At a point i said to myself ...notes? if i wanted to read about gsm, radio and transmission i have Wikipedia, but i just kept my cool and continued to see the end game; perhaps there was going to be field work after improving my writing skill (cos after the reggae then comes the blues).

Days passed {notes}, weeks (more notes), months (new exercise books to copy more notes)... i began to feel uneasy but guess what? our writing curriculum had almost ended so i kept my fingers crossed. Alas! time for practicals and (to my greatest amazement) a usb flash drive was passed around and what was the content? you guessed right - practical training videos downloaded from youtube...

videos? if i wanted to watch videos i probably would not have payed a whooping sum of 150k just to download videos on fibre or gsm or bts cabinet, after all how much is spectranet or smile monthly unlimited sef
I started thinking to myself how will these oyibo men videos help me land a job in MTN (na there i go like work) and believe me it wasnt funny. i confronted them and they said they would get in touch with us. Did i say they? i meant He (one man business). i'm only saying this here because i don't want any other person to fall prey to this keltech guy (i see their ads here all the time). this is the third month after the copy note training and no internship, no job, no hands-on training,no calls, no experience, no travels, 150k gone, time wasted and depression has set in (or yahoo).

Please and please if you want to go for any training be it telecoms or safety, go for a recognied institution (probably recommended by someone reliable) because not all that glitters is gold and if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.... (i am only trying to make common sense)

PS: make una help me analyze my writing skills weda blogging go fit me ...

Re: My Experience With A Fake Training Centre In Lagos (photos) by almujeebe(m): 1:20am On Jun 03, 2016
Re: My Experience With A Fake Training Centre In Lagos (photos) by KevMitnick: 6:46am On Jun 03, 2016
They are many like that. Not just training centers, even some companies. Fell for one last year, stayed 10weeks, counted my losses and bolted out with just a bag of bitter experience. Lesson learned. Sorry bro
Re: My Experience With A Fake Training Centre In Lagos (photos) by hopezdaniel: 8:49am On Jun 03, 2016
You made a great mistake my brother, why didn't you check out their lab before paying a dime ? you would have checked what they have, whether they have all the necessary equipment for practical training......gullible Nigerians always fall for this type of scam all in the name of searching for a job.
Re: My Experience With A Fake Training Centre In Lagos (photos) by askddon: 9:25am On Jun 03, 2016
KevMitnick:
They are many like that. Not just training centers, even some companies. Fell for one last year, stayed 10weeks, counted my losses and bolted out with just a bag of bitter experience. Lesson learned. Sorry bro

thank you very much, its really sad cos right now i'm back to square 1 while life goes on for them, more people keep going there as speak because of job promises
Re: My Experience With A Fake Training Centre In Lagos (photos) by askddon: 9:30am On Jun 03, 2016
hopezdaniel:
You made a great mistake my brother, why didn't you check out their lab before paying a dime ? you would have checked what they have, whether they have all the necessary equipment for practical training......gullible Nigerians always fall for this type of scam all in the name of searching for a job.

bro the funny thing is they don't have a lab just classroom... i sincerely thought majority of our training will be field experience because that was what i was told. i guess my desperation made me gullible indeed

(1) (Reply)

Informatica MDM Training Classroom Training / SAP Certification Does Not Help At All Without Practical Life Cycle Training / Free One Day Creation Session Coverin Web, Digital And Graphic Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.