Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,138 members, 7,835,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Ramadan - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ramadan (778 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ramadan by obadisa: 7:54am On Jun 03, 2016
Ramadan is the name of the ninth month of the islamic month calendar, it is very important because it is the ninth month in which the glorious Quran was first sent down by Allah for the prophet Muhammad(S.A.W).

During Ramadan, muslim must fast, we don't eat or drink between dawn and sunset and we should be very careful to speak and behave in the right way, we learn many things from fasting during Ramadan. It is a time to increase our Remembrance of Allah and remember the blessings which we have been given, we learn how to be thankful for the good things that we normally take for granted. After fasting all day, we realize just how wonderful food and drink tastes,so we thank Allah more sincerely for providing us with enough to eat and satisfy our thirst.

Ramadan is a good form of training, there may come months or times when things are not easy, we have to carry on even though it's difficult, but by fasting, we learn to be patient at such times and to control ourselves and bodies...this is called self discipline.

During this Holy month, the prophet (S.A.W) said, the doors of heaven are opened and the doors of hell closed and devils are chained. This helps us to see ourselves as we really are, not under the influence of unseen evil forces, we can learn to improve ourselves more especially by reading the Holy Qur'an and going to mosque joining in the tarawih prayers.

In Ramadan, there is a special night in which is better than one thousand nights...it is called laylatul Qadar; the night in which the Qur'an was first revealed, the night in which all our sins can be forgiven.

Fasting is also important because it makes the rich equal to the poor,it givens them a chance to realize what life is like for the less fortunate; those who have little or no food, this helps them to become more charitable and give generously their wealth to the needy,so that they too can enjoy and share the blessings of Allah which are enough for all.

• Zayd ibn Khalid(R.A) reported that the messenger of Allah(S.A.W) said"if anyone gives to a person who is fasting something with which to break his fast,then for him is an equivalent reward of the fasting person"...(Tirmidhi,hadith 807)

Dua at the beginning of the fast
• Wa bisawmi ghadin nawaitu min shari Ramadan
Translation:- I intend to keep this fast for tomorrow in the month of Ramadan.

Dua while breaking the fast
• Allahaumma laka sumutu wa ala rizqika aftartu fa taqabalminna innaka antas samiul aleem...Bismillah
Translation:- Oh Allah, I fasted for you and I break my fast with your sustenance and accept this service from us for thou art the All hearing, the All knowing...in the name of Allah.

• My dear brothers and sisters in islam, if 11 months were stains, let Ramadan be cleaner. Let us abstain from all bad deeds and move closer to Allah for he will bestow his mercy upon us all.

•AbdulAzeez wish you all Ramadan Kareem in advance!!!!

1 Share

Re: Ramadan by Akkord4gov: 7:59am On Jun 03, 2016
Thanks for this

Prettymina will like this thread
Re: Ramadan by obadisa: 8:08am On Jun 03, 2016
Akkord4gov:
Thanks for this

Prettymina will like this thread

Jazakalah kairan
Re: Ramadan by prettymina(f): 8:41am On Jun 03, 2016
May Almighty Allah counts us among pious that will witness the holy month of Ramadan.and give us the rewards that comes with it..Ramadan kareem in advance
Re: Ramadan by amodu(m): 5:24pm On Jun 03, 2016
prettymina:
May Almighty Allah counts us among pious that will witness the holy month of Ramadan.and give us the rewards that comes with it..Ramadan kareem in advance

Amin
Re: Ramadan by Abdul4trust1(m): 11:11am On Jun 04, 2016
Prettymina, Akkord4gov And Obadisa. Please, Is Ramadan Tomorrow Or Next? What Is Islamic Date For Today? Finally, I Observed Something That Need To Been Corrected. While Try To Comment Here For The First Time, I Was Instructed To Agree That There Is No God But Allah, That Muhammad(SAW) Is The Only Prophet Of Allah Etc. Note That Muhammad(SAW) Is Not The Only Prophet Of Allah But The Last Prophet Of Allah. Please, SomeOne should Take up This To Admin For Correction.
Re: Ramadan by obadisa: 12:45pm On Jun 04, 2016
Abdul4trust1:
Prettymina, Akkord4gov And Obadisa. Please, Is Ramadan Tomorrow Or Next? What Is Islamic Date For Today? Finally, I Observed Something That Need To Been Corrected. While Try To Comment Here For The First Time, I Was Instructed To Agree That There Is No God But Allah, That Muhammad(SAW) Is The Only Prophet Of Allah Etc. Note That Muhammad(SAW) Is Not The Only Prophet Of Allah But The Last Prophet Of Allah. Please, SomeOne should Take up This To Admin For Correction.

1. Ramadan is starting whenever the moon has been sighted there is no precise date.

2.Today is 28th of Shabban

3.There is no god but Allah and Muhammad is his prophet....not he his only prophet.
Re: Ramadan by Abdul4trust1(m): 1:45pm On Jun 04, 2016
obadisa:

1. Ramadan is starting whenever the moon has been sighted there is no precise date.

2.Today is 28th of Shabban

3.There is no god but Allah and Muhammad is his prophet....not he his only prophet.
what They Have There Is That Prophet Muhammed(SAW) Is The Only Prophet.

(1) (Reply)

Awolowo And Fajuyi Hall Mosques Demolition OAU ILE IFE / What Is The True Meaning Of Shirk And What Are Its Types? / Nùn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.