Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Popular Celebrity Makeup Artist Stephanie Flor, Teaches Us Some Life Lessons - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Popular Celebrity Makeup Artist Stephanie Flor, Teaches Us Some Life Lessons (476 Views)

Kunle Afolayan Teaches His Son How To Pound Yam / My Boobs Are Too Heavy, I Need To Reduce The Size - Popular Celebrity Cries Out / Popular Celebrity Shades Wizkid On Snapchat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Popular Celebrity Makeup Artist Stephanie Flor, Teaches Us Some Life Lessons by Slytee(m): 1:15pm On Jun 03, 2016

Stephanie Flor, who is a popular makeup artists to some of Hollywood’s biggest stars. You can see her work in publications like Teen Vogue and Women’s Wear Daily (WWD). When Stephanie Flor is not on set, she would be busy traveling the world and discovering beauty secrets of women across the globe. Essence caught up with the jet-setting makeup artist to get a few life lessons she’s learned from her exciting career.

1) Don’t take it personally.
“You won’t be everyone’s cup of tea don’t take it personal. A lot of times we want to make sure everyone loves us, and loves our makeup. As artist we have to make our client happy. I think my best clients are the ones that are looking for a great artist not a party around them. I’m low key, but I still have a voice. I won’t click with every talent; some celebrities need a little fun around them and others just want trustworthy talent.”

2) Always be ready.
“Be prepared for anything. There have been so many times I’ve been asked for crazy requests for makeup, and it’s crucial for me to have the right products or the right relationships to call a favor in. I’ve been in Aspen and my clients said I want glitter lashes—a simple call to a friend at Makeup Forever can get those to me ASAP.”
Advertisement

3) Know what you stand for.
“Stay true to your art form. I’m all about evolving your technique, but it’s important to know what your work stands for. Be inspired by the trends around you but you should also be a trend maker. Come with ideas; just because everyone else is doing it (cough, cough Instagram) doesn’t mean everyone wants that look. I spend most of my time doing beautiful, clean skin for brands like Clinique who want to enhance the beauty, not cover it.”

4) Stay humble and friendly.
“Make friends. I’m the luckiest girl to be surrounded by friends who are the best artists in the industry. Some of my biggest opportunities come from my peers, and there’s nothing like cheering on artists you’ve come up with since your early stages. Be humble, be kind, and be giving. The more you give, the more you get.”

5) Remind yourself of your greatness.
“You are a legend in your own mind. My mentor Crystal Wright always says the reason you’re not working is because you are a legend in your own mind. The minute I think I’m the talent I think its time for me to walk away. We are there to make beauty, not be the entertainment. Be there 100% for your clients, and they’ll bring you along for the ride.”

Read more @[url]Betamotive.com[/url]
Re: Popular Celebrity Makeup Artist Stephanie Flor, Teaches Us Some Life Lessons by spartanobad(m): 1:17pm On Jun 03, 2016
OP u sure say u kno her bloggers sef,una jxt dey copy like mad

(1) (Reply)

Artistes " Not All That Glitters Is Gold" Lifestyle / Defiant Runtown Performs In The US Despite Court Orders / Keshi Has Gone To Be With His Wife -family Source

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.