Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Is My Plate Number Fake? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is My Plate Number Fake? (1332 Views)

When Does It Become Unlawful To Drive A Car Without A Registered Plate Number / Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now / Can One Retain Plate Number After Selling Car? (2) (3) (4)

Is My Plate Number Fake? by Justbright(m): 9:37pm On Jun 03, 2016
I applied for plate number at d office of ogun state internal revenue service and got it today..so after receipt i decided to verify it bt got dis message "plste number valid but yet to be assigned to any vehicle"....pls gurus in d house,is dis plate number authentic?
Re: Is My Plate Number Fake? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 03, 2016
Justbright:
I applied for plate number at d office of ogun state internal revenue service and got it today..so after receipt i decided to verify it bt got dis message "plste number valid but yet to be assigned to any vehicle"....pls gurus in d house,is dis plate number authentic?

Your newly acquired licence plates are likely authentic. It'll take a few days for the verification website / database to be updated with the vehicle the number has been assigned to.

I wouldn't worry too much.

Re: Is My Plate Number Fake? by Justbright(m): 11:09pm On Jun 03, 2016
Siena:

Your newly acquired licence plates are likely authentic. It'll take a few days for the verification website / database to be updated with the vehicle the number has been assigned to.

I wouldn't worry too much.

Thanks so much bro
Re: Is My Plate Number Fake? by aieromon(m): 12:56am On Jun 04, 2016
Justbright:

Check again in the next two to four weeks. The information should have been updated by then.

Re: Is My Plate Number Fake? by ikdaddy01(m): 8:08am On Jun 06, 2016
You lucky u didnt get a reply that ur number plate is registered to a toyota hilux, whereas ur car is maybe a corolla....just like one I saw here on nairaland.
Just likebde op above said, wait for some time tgen check again.
Re: Is My Plate Number Fake? by chukel(m): 10:37am On Jun 06, 2016
ikdaddy01:
You lucky u didnt get a reply that ur number plate is registered to a toyota hilux, whereas ur car is maybe a corolla....just like one I saw here on nairaland.
well it can be confusing. I transfered my plate number from my camry to my Avalon via FRSC. 2years later check on my plate number through their site still shows my plate number belongs to my camry.
Re: Is My Plate Number Fake? by newman10(m): 3:48pm On Jun 06, 2016
Well I think she should worry considering that our men in black on the highways could use it against you to get money.

I registered my car Almost a month ago. I was travelling from Port Harcourt to Delta State last Saturday when those idiots delayed me because of same issue, telling me how did i get the number plates when FRSC has not assign to no car.

I dragged with them for about 1hr but gave up and gave them 4k when it became apparent they will delay me for the whole day.
Re: Is My Plate Number Fake? by ikdaddy01(m): 11:04pm On Jun 06, 2016
newman10:

I dragged with them for about 1hr but gave up and gave them 4k when it became apparent they will delay me for the whole day.
9ja Police will alwys take advantage of every policy, de will even cash in on burial one day and say produce de death certificate b4 u can bury.
Thank God u manage waka
Re: Is My Plate Number Fake? by lonelydora: 11:23pm On Jun 06, 2016
newman10:
Well I think she should worry considering that our men in black on the highways could use it against you to get money.

I registered my car Almost a month ago. I was travelling from Port Harcourt to Delta State last Saturday when those idiots delayed me because of same issue, telling me how did i get the number plates when FRSC has not assign to no car.

You didn't make a stronger case. Maybe they knew you were in a hurry.
Re: Is My Plate Number Fake? by Justbright(m): 5:24am On Jun 07, 2016
newman10:
lonelydora:

You didn't make a stronger case. Maybe they knew you were in a hurry.
....i doubt if u can win an argument wt a polieman in 9ja
ikdaddy01:

9ja Police will alwys take advantage of every policy, de will even cash in on burial one day and say produce de death certificate b4 u can bury.
Thank God u manage waka

Lolz...u are right though
ikdaddy01:

Na to sharpaly go meet d person wey do d registration and throw d playes at his face and collect ma mpni

I Want To Start My Uber Business, Please Advice Me.. Is It Lucrative? / This Guy Filmed A Fantastic Commercial To Sell His Girlfriend's 1996 HondaAccord / Imagine Say You Open Your Car And See King Cobra Snake Inside Your Car Engine?