Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

New Fish Farm (start Up) Discuss - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / New Fish Farm (start Up) Discuss (1160 Views)

I Want To Set Up A Pig Farm In Nigeria. I Need Help To Start Up / Things To Note When Siting A Fish Farm / The Biggest Fishes In My Fish Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Fish Farm (start Up) Discuss by kenny2011: 12:17am On Jun 04, 2016
Hello Nairalander! Hello Agric Scientist!! Hello fellow Farmers!!!

I am about to start a fish farm and i need you all advise as I embark on this new project. I am currently about to complete the earthen pond.

Let the creative criticism and advise begin

Thank you all

Re: New Fish Farm (start Up) Discuss by cruzclinton1(m): 1:00am On Jun 04, 2016
kenny2011:
Hello Nairalander! Hello Agric Scientist!! Hello fellow Farmers!!!

I am about to start a fish farm and i need you all advise as I embark on this new project. I am currently about to complete the earthen pond.

Let the creative criticism and advise begin

Thank you all

Those this ur earthing pond has outlet or is not suppose to have? And why those sand bags? Thanks
Re: New Fish Farm (start Up) Discuss by vroom(m): 2:14am On Jun 04, 2016
Is thus place a waterlogged area?, is this water coming from the ground naturally or u are the one putting water,why the bag sand by all the sides of the pond?
Re: New Fish Farm (start Up) Discuss by kenny2011: 12:49am On Jun 06, 2016
Yes it is an earthen pond and it should have an inlet and outlet.. I will upload more pictures as soon as that is done.
cruzclinton1:

Those this ur earthing pond has outlet or is not suppose to have? And why those sand bags? Thanks
Re: New Fish Farm (start Up) Discuss by kenny2011: 12:51am On Jun 06, 2016
It is not waterlogged however it is close to a dam . The sand bags are used to prevent the pond from collapsing.
vroom:
Is thus place a waterlogged area?, is this water coming from the ground naturally or u are the one putting water,why the bag sand by all the sides of the pond?

1 Like

Re: New Fish Farm (start Up) Discuss by Sprintson(m): 8:57am On Jun 06, 2016
There's no need for the sand bags, a properly constructed pond will stand for more than 30years...
But hey,so far so Good Kudos on your works.
Check me if you need fingerlings and other farm equipments/advise;chazereel@gmail.com
Re: New Fish Farm (start Up) Discuss by vroom(m): 8:49pm On Jun 20, 2016
kenny2011:
It is not waterlogged however it is close to a dam . The sand bags are used to prevent the pond from collapsing.

definitely ur source of water isn't from the pond it self,where do u source ur water?,have u carried out soil test of that area and check water PH?

(1) (Reply)

Old Layers For Sales In Abeokuta, Ogun State! / Catfish Of 500 To 600grams Each Needed In Ibadan / Now On!!! Locally Fabricated Heavy Industrial Machines. Contact For More Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.