Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,486 members, 7,823,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew (54102 Views)

The Last Portraits Of Muhammad Ali By Zenon Texeira / Photo Of Muhammad Ali With His Mother! RIP / Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by whocanbewho(m): 6:24pm On Jun 04, 2016
Menzy86:
I am a Christian but people like you are the scribes and pharisees that Jesus often referred to in the bible. Being baptized and 'believing' alone cant take you to heaven. Faith without good works is dead! Stop spreading negativity at d slightest opportunity. If Mohammed Ali lived a Just life and did God's will (goodness to self and neighbour), then by that immeasurable GRACE and MERCY of God, he shall make heaven.
God bless you bro... If it was as easy as he said, everybody will make heaven
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:31pm On Jun 04, 2016
RIP to him.
It is not easy
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by Theoflux(m): 6:44pm On Jun 04, 2016
Mohammad Ali - if you ever dream of defeating me, you should come to apologise. "his bike was stolen and he found his calling?"
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by vanhayor(m): 6:47pm On Jun 04, 2016
DeltaOil:
Muhammed Ali was really a spotting icon, and fought for black people!

It's a pity he died as a moslem.
As we all know that Mohammed himself said he does not know what will happen to
both he himself "mohammed" & his followers, hence they won't make heaven.

Sura 46:9
"I am not something original among the messengers, NOR DO I KNOW WHAT WILL BE DONE WITH ME OR WITH YOU(MUSLIMS)."

If he had died as a Christian he would have the promise of salvation that moahmmed did not have nor his following muslims

Mark 16:16 (KJV)
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Jesus went to heaven in the view of people, unlike mohammed that is dead and buried

Act 1
9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven
Y did u say muslims won't make heaven??
Dats to show how immature u re...
U being a christian doesn't mean u'll make heaven....so stop postin stuffs u ren't sure of
Bloody fanatic
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by YaksonFCA(m): 6:53pm On Jun 04, 2016
RIP
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by CBUY: 6:55pm On Jun 04, 2016
CzarRex:
RIP legend

but that Parkinson disease no be here oooh,very terrible disease.
Yes. RIP.
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by Jarus(m): 7:21pm On Jun 04, 2016
SirHouloo:
Nice one! Its just a pity that we know about these guys only after their demise.

Someone just arrived from Pluto.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by Xeedorf: 7:22pm On Jun 04, 2016
DeltaOil:

"I am not something original among the messengers, NOR DO I KNOW WHAT WILL BE DONE WITH ME OR WITH YOU(MUSLIMS)."

SEE, RELIGION FANATICAL

If he had died as a Christian he would have the promise of salvation that moahmmed did not have nor his following muslims

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Jesus went to heaven in the view of people, unlike mohammed that is dead and buried

Act 1
9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by mostyg(m): 7:35pm On Jun 04, 2016
DeltaOil:

Act 1

In the Name of Allaah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful. From Muhammad the slave and Messenger of Allaah to Heraclius the ruler of Byzantium. Peace be upon those who follow true guidance. I call you with the call of Islam. Become Muslim and you will be safe, and Allaah will grant you a two-fold reward, but if you turn away, upon you will be the sins of the Areesiyyeen (peasants i.e., his followers and subjects who would follow him in kufr).

‘Say (O Muhammad): “O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians): Come to a word that is just between us and you, that we worship none but Allaah (Alone), and that we associate no partners with Him, and that none of us shall take others as lords besides Allaah. Then, if they turn away, say: “Bear witness that we are Muslims”’
[Aal ‘Imraan 3:64].” 

I have posted the above for 2 reasons..

1. To show you the humility of prophet Muhammad ' the slave of Allah' as he addressed himself.

2. To invite you to Islam as the prophet did to the ruler of Byzatium, Heraclius.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by Jarus(m): 7:45pm On Jun 04, 2016
lawsta:

I wonder y u pple like u fail or refuse to see the humility in this famous saying of Muhammad. He was just trying to tell pple that it is only the Almighty God that has the final decision of the fate of all creations so that pple do not take their salvation for granted solely base on their seemingly good religious practices.

They wanted someone that will elevate himself above God as they did to Isa.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by Caseless: 8:05pm On Jun 04, 2016
DeltaOil:
[s]Muhammed Ali was really a spotting icon, and fought for black people!

Act 1

11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven[/s]
Trash! i'd rather die without religion than die a christian.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by Caseless: 8:06pm On Jun 04, 2016
Jarus:

They wanted someone that will elevate himself above God as they did to Isa.
don't mind them.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by VocalWalls: 8:07pm On Jun 04, 2016
richard870:
@Op, you forgot to add that he was a CAPRICORN wink

i didn't forget. A Sagittarius cant promote a Capricorn. wink
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by ajebia(m): 8:51pm On Jun 04, 2016
Hakeem12:
if you no get sense you don't have to let us know. Think before you talk okay?, fool.
. Don't't mind d fool, I wonder wen dem born am. Am surprised he didn't say lucifer or d devil was Ali's coach...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 04, 2016
vivansexy:
a man of integrity

Oga how authentic is this your data?
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by zynzyn(m): 8:55pm On Jun 04, 2016
wisolf:
You taught me that it is okay to brag as long as you back it up! RIP Greatest

That I believe is the philosophy Mourinho adopted!

I did even know Ali has died. Just know he was hospitalized. And I get boxing blog!

RIP the Greatest!
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 04, 2016
vivansexy:
a man of integrity
You never register well you don dey scam people. May God deny you all good things in this life for ever contemplating of scamming innocent people, you are even using a lady's name.

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 04, 2016
Rip
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by whizzler: 9:16pm On Jun 04, 2016
AgricSalt:

Oga how authentic is this your data?
hope u haven't been duped by the vagabond, he is the same Scammer with a different moniker
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by hobat4cash(m): 9:30pm On Jun 04, 2016
R.I.P to a true legend
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by kaybee09(m): 9:34pm On Jun 04, 2016
DeltaOil:

But if allah cannot save muhammed , how can allah save anybody then?
Mohammed himself said has no idea of his destination.

How can that be an honour when you cannot make heaven?

If mohammed was a prophet, he will know that he would go to heaven,
but he confessed that he does not know.

Unlike Jesus that promises heaven to all who believe in Him.

So guys why follow mohammed that is dead and not in heaven,
With Jesus you are promised heaven and Jesus is ALIVE.

Now why follow the dead when there is the Living?

1 Like

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by kaybee09(m): 9:41pm On Jun 04, 2016
DeltaOil:

But if allah cannot save muhammed , how can allah save anybody then?
Mohammed himself said has no idea of his destination.

How can that be an honour when you cannot make heaven?

If mohammed was a prophet, he will know that he would go to heaven,
but he confessed that he does not know.

Unlike Jesus that promises heaven to all who believe in Him.

So guys why follow mohammed that is dead and not in heaven,
With Jesus you are promised heaven and Jesus is ALIVE.

Now why follow the dead when there is the Living?
muhammad ali was a christain b4 he became a muslim, he saw the beauty and light of islam and he join. He searches for the truth n found it. I wil not indulge myself in this debate. Bt I urge u also to read n learn about islam, search for the truth sincerely. And mayb u will knw why he converted
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 04, 2016
DeltaOil:

Act 1

Do u have to judge what's right for him or not? By your logic, it's a pity for anybody who doesn't die as a Christian? What about sinners that died as a Christian?

You were boldly told not to judge yet u wrote an epistle judging him or other Muslims.

Religious bigot
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by SohMan(m): 9:58pm On Jun 04, 2016
korel9:
RIP

Remaining somebody here in Nigeria with ear disease to come join you very soon >

I didn't call anybody's name so beware of quoting me wrongly if you don't want to have ear disease overnight. angry
Hahaha Hahaha ah lolzzzz, Nigeria self,, una dey fear ooo, nobody gree qoute diz guy. . Bcs of ear disease..... Haba guy u tried, But ha no dey fear ur disease.... But pls ah no qoute u wrong oo, ah just dey grt u...

1 Like

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by olayinkajnr(m): 10:02pm On Jun 04, 2016
RIP

But why are you guys bothered about what the mofo Deltaoil (I don't know who dashed him the oil) posted?? Even his Christian brothers have replied him in the way I expected of them. I can't even see his brakelight on this thread. You drink, commit fornication, lie ( I know you do all that every day) and you assure yourself of going to heaven?? Akuya kowai.
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by mixta140: 10:06pm On Jun 04, 2016
D data guy na scam
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by olanikeh: 10:21pm On Jun 04, 2016
DeltaOil:

What version of the Qur'an do you read/use?
Ok that nonsense you quoted is wrong, here is what it says
Surah Al-Ahqaf, Verse 9:
قُلْ مَا كُنتُ بِدْعًا مِّنَ الرُّسُلِ وَمَا أَدْرِي مَا يُفْعَلُ بِي وَلَا بِكُمْ إِنْ أَتَّبِعُ إِلَّا مَا يُوحَىٰ إِلَيَّ وَمَا أَنَا إِلَّا نَذِيرٌ مُّبِينٌ

Say (O Muhammad SAW):"I am not a new thing among the Messengers (of Allah) (i.e. I am not the first Messenger) nor do I know what will be done with me or with you. I only follow that which is revealed to me, and I am but a plain warner."
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

1 Like

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by Ajanacool(m): 10:49pm On Jun 04, 2016
DeltaOil:

Act 1

Too many teenagers on nairaland. Only kids would abuse another man's mother, knowing fully well that his mother's name will be dragged in d mod there after.
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by harsysky(m): 10:51pm On Jun 04, 2016
Abeg make my Onitsha brothers no go roll out " The great fighter, Ali of Ugbua Kingdom" film. Abeg o. Make them just knw say Muhammad Ali don die and that is all.
RIP, Ali. I wud neva forget wen u wia talking to the audience and said, " The remaining years I've after retirement is to serve God."

1 Like

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by kenoz(m): 11:05pm On Jun 04, 2016
RIP Legend
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by lagosrd: 11:13pm On Jun 04, 2016
DeltaOil:

Act 1

Am a Christain but pls be guided. This is 21st century. Why poke other people's religion. Just believe in your own . Live and lets live to make a better world. Am sure ure have realised its quite unnecessary at all.
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by muhamadnur: 11:17pm On Jun 04, 2016
DeltaOil:

Act 1

irrational, civilised , compassionate small brain, southern piece of thrash. He changed after knowing the truth, jesus did nt die on the cross for you, and cnt save you from the punishment of god (allah) the one and only. Keep being drunk and commiting adultery, then go to heaven. Illiterate, messenges of a llah says do as allah command and you shall be saved.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Never Knew Mikel Could Score Goals - Mourinho / Mikel Obi's Jersey Number At Middlesbrough Unveiled, To Wear No 12 / Iheanacho Debut New Hairstyle As He Returns To Leicester City For Pre-season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.