Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,593 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Global Warming.... My Theory - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Global Warming.... My Theory (1088 Views)

Global Warming: Scientists Reveal What Is Happening To Sea Level / 2016 Has Broken 135 Year Global Temperature Records As Global Warming Increases / Facts: Lets Talk About Global Warming/climate Change. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Global Warming.... My Theory by Originalsly: 3:03am On Jun 06, 2016
I have a different take on the cause of Global Warming and am sharing it here for you to strengthen my theory or rip it apart. Whichever you choose.... please... give reasons why you took that position. I am not into science.... so know this theory is coming from one with with a fairly sound secondary school education that found geography pretty interesting!
My theory is Global Warming is caused by the tilting of the earth. The earth was once upright...and later tilted...rotating at an angle rather than perpendicular. I think it is now shifting back to being perpendicular and that is the cause of climate change....more of the earth would receive direct sunlight for a longer period of time of the year. Instead of 4 distinct seasons...we have been recently experiencing basically two extended seasons... summer and winter...with the winters generally mild. More sunshine..more heat. Very cold winter conditions would be confined to the Arctic regions.
Why is the earth shifting? ...and the extra heat? I think the extraction of oil over the years is the reason. How?.... Almost all the oil extractions are done in the northern hemisphere. This has caused the northern half of the earth to become lighter in weight...why?...the extracted oil is eventually burnt and turns into a gas so that weight is off of the earth. Unlike iron ore...which is extracted from the earth...but converted to iron or steel used in buildings or wherever...but the very weight is still on the earth. With a lighter upper half of the earth.... I believe the earth is losing its balance/tilt.
Lastly, I believe the oil within the earth helped absorb heat from the core of the earth....now that so much has been extracted.... I think that heat is getting to the crust of the earth...making the earth itself to warm up and give rise to Global Warming.
Over to you!....constructive critics...a special invitation to you all!

1 Like

Re: Global Warming.... My Theory by ademasta(m): 3:47am On Jun 06, 2016
Good
Re: Global Warming.... My Theory by Amplitron: 5:20am On Jun 06, 2016
First, I must commend your efforts. It is not everyday you see smart O Level holders. As a matter of fact many graduates too still struggle with basic principles talk more of linking them to realities outside school.
Now to the topic. The earth has been tilted for billions of years. Many forces were responsible for making it that way and are still responsible for keeping it so. It will take some asteroid crashing into it to alter anything and it will just be slightly but with serious implications for global climate change and life on earth as we know it.
To be continued...

1 Like

Re: Global Warming.... My Theory by Amplitron: 5:44am On Jun 06, 2016
About the extraction of oil causing a weight imbalance. This is is unlikely.
- Most people live in the northern hemisphere and this weight imbalance with respect to the southern hemisphere has not caused a re-tilt.
- Oil is lighter than water which covers 70% of the earth's surface. The weight of all oil extracted will still not be enough to cause such a weight imbalance to cause a re-tilt.
- The earth and its atmosphere are really the same mass still when considering gravitational forces. It won't matter if the oil is within the earth or in its atmosphere. This is because we are talking of very large masses here. Oil weight is child's play.
- Global climate changes has occurred in the past and it wasn't oil that was responsible. An asteroid was responsible for killing off most species on earth including the dinosaurs.
-Finally, oil may be responsible in the sense that the emitted greenhouse gases alter the pattern of absorption of solar rays such that it is significantly deviating from what it has been for thousands of years.

1 Like

Re: Global Warming.... My Theory by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 06, 2016
Nooo... Yes, burning of fossil fuels is causing the greenhous effect but it's its excavation is not in any way causing any "tilting"...

We have not yet created tested a device that will tilt the earth from its present position... The scurrying that we're carrying out on this planets face can be likened to ants roaming about aimlessly on a floor..... Or more accurately, Bacteria trying to tilt a see-saw

2 Likes

Re: Global Warming.... My Theory by prof800(m): 9:19pm On Jun 06, 2016
You get to a stage in science when you really see things and just revert to the good old "common sense".
Einstein did, I'll do too.

2 Likes

Re: Global Warming.... My Theory by Originalsly: 10:10am On Jun 07, 2016
Amplitron and Sirwere... oil is lighter than water but oil still has some weight. If a see-saw is balanced with 100 barrels of water on one end and 500 barrels of water on the other....cam the balance be affected should I remove 50 barrels of oil?.... can the balance be affected should I substitute 50 barrels of the oil with natural gas converted from the 50 barrels of oil? We are extracting hundreds of millions of barrels of oil per day for yearsssss..... this must have some weight.... if not now....then maybe later couldn't it have some effect on the earth?... maybe as if we evaporate the waters of one of the oceans? (I have to defend my theory! )
Finally, oil may be responsible in the sense that the emitted greenhouse gases alter the pattern of absorption of solar rays such that it is significantly deviating from what it has been for thousands of years[b] hmmm....I'll pretend I didn't read this one!...good point.
[b]prof800
...very simple indeed...now that cars have low emission and more and more now electric cars with no emission. ... would this help in turning back global warming ?
Re: Global Warming.... My Theory by ben1daEbiri(m): 10:17am On Jun 07, 2016
I love your theory and I agree with some of it,while some others are flawed and very unlikely.You must've put alot into your research (a random unintelligent fellow wouldn't just wake up one morning and come up with such).I like people who think outside the box--Just like you.Some conspiracy theorists out there think what the authorities tell us are the cause(s) of global warming is infact;something else,but not the green house effect.This may hold some truth,I personally agree with the green house effect-cause it makes sense logically right?well,I also think they're not telling us ALL of it.Your 'tilting' theory makes alot of sense I must admit-after all gravity is the cause,If we are to go with the green house effect,then I postulate that the effect would've been greater,considering the enormous amount of fossil fuel burnt just the last decade...more to come...and please keep on your work,I love it!

1 Like

Re: Global Warming.... My Theory by Oxytocin(m): 11:51am On Jun 07, 2016
Your theory of the earth being in a perpendicular position, before it tilted to the angle it is now is highly unlikely. There have been no distinct scientific proof of that. Though if it was once in a perpendicular position;it would have taken a planetary collision to induce the tilt.

Also the probability of the earth to ever tilt back to a perpendicular position is near to impossible.Crude oil has no effect in distorting the earth's position. It's weight to that of the earth is like the effect of the weight of a 100g stone in 250kg drum.

The aspect of global warming, we know the constant release of CO2 and CfC's (the greenhouse gases) is the causality . In fact I once postulated if it is not curbed or a solution is not put in place; in the next ten thousands of years or far less, the ozone layer would have completely depleted... the earth would be knotting an average temperature of 50°C or more, solar rays would be hitting the earth's surface directly,we might even have to be wearing solar suits.

1 Like

Re: Global Warming.... My Theory by Originalsly: 3:42am On Jun 08, 2016
Oxytocin:
Your theory of the earth being in a perpendicular position, before it tilted to the angle it is now is highly unlikely.

The aspect of global warming, we know the constant release of CO2 and CfC's (the greenhouse gases) is the causality ..
Why do you think it is highly unlikely that the earth was once in a perpendicular position?.... and if it were ....that only collision with a planet or such huge heavenly body could've caused it to tilt? On global warming... is it a fact that the release of CO2 and CFC'S is the cause?...that's what we are being told... doesn't make it a fact. What if GW is caused by more frequent and powerful sun flares?.... what if the earth is going through a cycle?....what if the earth is revolving around the sun closer than before?....isn't it possible that regardless of what we do or don't do nothing would change? Theory upon theory.
Re: Global Warming.... My Theory by samsard(m): 6:34pm On Jun 09, 2016
Originalsly:
Why do you think it is highly unlikely that the earth was once in a perpendicular position?.... and if it were ....that only collision with a planet or such huge heavenly body could've caused it to tilt? On global warming... is it a fact that the release of CO2 and CFC'S is the cause?...that's what we are being told... doesn't make it a fact. What if GW is caused by more frequent and powerful sun flares?.... what if the earth is going through a cycle?....what if the earth is revolving around the sun closer than before?....isn't it possible that regardless of what we do or don't do nothing would change? Theory upon theory.
I cant help but shake my head each time i sight a conspiracy theorist.
Re: Global Warming.... My Theory by Originalsly: 10:46pm On Jun 09, 2016
samsard:
I cant help but shake my head each time i sight a conspiracy theorist.
Can you defend your statement?...define a conspiracy theorist. I hope you can do better in challenging my theory.
Re: Global Warming.... My Theory by emmkeffs(f): 4:29am On Jun 10, 2016
you have been able to prove that your head doesn't work. what do u mean that one part of the earth is lighter.

You have been able to deduce that climate change is caused by human activity which is the biggest lie in human existence. Pretty soon you will know the truth with your eyes and start thinking outside the box for once. The cause of climate change is not internal.
Re: Global Warming.... My Theory by Originalsly: 10:08am On Jun 10, 2016
emmkeffs:
you have been able to prove that your head doesn't work. what do u mean that one part of the earth is lighter.

You have been able to deduce that climate change is caused by human activity which is the biggest lie in human existence. Pretty soon you will know the truth with your eyes and start thinking outside the box for once. The cause of climate change is not internal.
I can't explain in simpler terms what I mean by the northern hemisphere/ half of the earth has become lighter/has less weight/is not as heavy / less mass than the southern hemisphere. That is the basis of my theory so you need to grab that first before you can counter or condemn with reasonable explanations as others have done.
The cause of climate change is not internal....ok.... so what is the cause?
Re: Global Warming.... My Theory by emmkeffs(f): 8:17pm On Jun 13, 2016
Originalsly:
I can't explain in simpler terms what I mean by the northern hemisphere/ half of the earth has become lighter/has less weight/is not as heavy / less mass than the southern hemisphere. That is the basis of my theory so you need to grab that first before you can counter or condemn with reasonable explanations as others have done.
The cause of climate change is not internal....ok.... so what is the cause?

Did you consider the amount of gold that the ancient Egyptians excavated? if yes is it part of your presentation? Do you observe the rising of the Sun and Moon daily? ThankGod u said its a theory. Start looking outside the box
Re: Global Warming.... My Theory by emmkeffs(f): 8:21pm On Jun 13, 2016
Climate Change is a hoax for the population to believe in
Re: Global Warming.... My Theory by Originalsly: 1:21am On Jun 14, 2016
emmkeffs:

Did you consider the amount of gold that the ancient Egyptians excavated? if yes is it part of your presentation? Do you observe the rising of the Sun and Moon daily? ThankGod u said its a theory. Start looking outside the box
I'm already outside the box! No I did not consider the amount of gold that the ancient Egyptians escavated... nor the amount of iron ore the Americans or Russians escavated...because afterall.......the weight remains on the earth but just in a different style! And no...I don't observe the rising of the sun daily.... and really?...the moon rises daily where you live?...this is breaking news to me! So what should I learn from these daily observations?
Re: Global Warming.... My Theory by emmkeffs(f): 6:36am On Jun 14, 2016
Originalsly:
I'm already outside the box! No I did not consider the amount of gold that the ancient Egyptians escavated... nor the amount of iron ore the Americans or Russians escavated...because afterall.......the weight remains on the earth but just in a different style! And no...I don't observe the rising of the sun daily.... and really?...the moon rises daily where you live?...this is breaking news to me! So what should I learn from these daily observations?

Do you mean that a part of the earth is lighter, is causing earthquakes, volcanic eruptions which have drastically increased recently. there are averagely 11 earthquakes daily and a sharp increase in the number of methane leakages. Recent plane crashes have been terribly unexplained as there are no concrete evidence to prove that they are caused by a bomb when authorities know quite alright that EMPs is increasing in that region. flight from Egypt and to Egypt no longer follow that same route. The north pole is currently moving towards western Europe. Everything we have been told by those in position to protect us is a grave LIE. If you are an open minded person, I can share some info including the door way to the other side
Re: Global Warming.... My Theory by Originalsly: 10:46am On Jun 14, 2016
emmkeffs:

The north pole is currently moving towards western Europe. Everything we have been told by those in position to protect us is a grave LIE. If you are an open minded person, I can share some info including the door way to the other side
Why would you condemn my theory....then support it by saying the North Pole is moving towards Western Europe?... and no thank you... I'm fine outside the box... not interested in adventures to the other side!
Re: Global Warming.... My Theory by emmkeffs(f): 7:18pm On Jun 14, 2016
Originalsly:
Why would you condemn my theory....then support it by saying the North Pole is moving towards Western Europe?... and no thank you... I'm fine outside the box... not interested in adventures to the other side!

That the north pole is moving does not support the THEORY as you purport. I only corrected you.

U seem to have put this your theory to test in your mind to conclude such. Am not asking you to believe. Time will tell just like.

(1) (Reply)

See What We Just Killed To Celebrate Our Victory Over NCC / How To Use Apple’s Airpods On Android Device / 13 Billion Miles From Earth, Voyager Fires Thrusters After 37 Years!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.