Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,887 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor (14807 Views)

Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin / FUNAAB Workers Fry Akara, Celebrate Suspension Of Vice Chancellor (Photo) / Eyitope Ogunbodede Is Obafemi Awolowo University's New Vice Chancellor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by Davo93(m): 4:37am On Jun 07, 2016
Authorities of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife has ratified the appointment of Professor Ayobami Taofeek Salami as the new vice chancellor of the institution.

Prof. Salami was the immediate past Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) of the institution. He graduated with a B.Sc degree (2nd Class Upper division) from (then) University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife) in 1986 before he bagged an M.Sc degree from Obafemi Awolowo University in 1989 with a specialty in Land use and Natural Resources Management. He capped it up with a Ph.D degree from the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife in 1996 having obtained, in 1990, a Post-Graduate Diploma in Remote Sensing Applications: Training in Environmental Data Generation/Handling and Geographic Information System.

A widely travelled academic, the new Vice-chancellor (Academic) became a Professor on the 1st of October, 2003. The New VC (Academic) was the secretary, Academic Staff Union of University (ASUU) OAU branch from 2000 – 2002, and two term member of OAU Governing Council from 2003 –2007. He worked as a Senior Research Adviser, Corporate Environment Department, Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Nigeria from 2010 – 2011 as a Sabbatical Staff. Prof. Salami has attended short training Courses in many countries Including Italy, The Netherlands, Sweden, Canada and U.S.A. He has also had teaching and research experiences in The Gambia, Tanzania and The Netherlands. Professor Salami is happily married with three children. Until his new appointment, Professor Salami was the Head of Space Applications and Environmental Science Laboratory (SPAEL) and Coordinator, Climate Modeling Unit, Institute of Ecology and Environmental Studies, OAU, Ile-Ife. He was the Director of the Institute of Ecology from 2006 – 2010.

In the meantime, NASU OAU has rejected the appointment of the new Vice Chancellor, vows to contest the appointment in court... Read why.

www.oaupeeps.com/2016/06/breaking-oau-gets-new-vice-chancellor.html

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by Davo93(m): 4:39am On Jun 07, 2016
cc: Seun, lalastica, fynestboi
Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by ikbnice(m): 4:48am On Jun 07, 2016
Great Ife!

1 Like

Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by Taeewo(m): 5:39am On Jun 07, 2016
Better
Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by brunofarad(m): 5:40am On Jun 07, 2016
Ok
Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by VocalWalls: 6:51am On Jun 07, 2016
Finally...

It is really good to finally hear that the will of the students have prevailed. You will not believe how nice this man was, until he took over as VC.
Next in line is the Vice Chancellor of Uniport.
Interior Decoration: Giving Your Home A Fresh Look In 10 Minutes

2 Likes

Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by Tic4tac(m): 6:52am On Jun 07, 2016
Good
Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by thecrush: 6:53am On Jun 07, 2016
Hope he wouldn't be like the clueless UI VC

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by adioolayi(m): 6:53am On Jun 07, 2016
Congratulations Prof...I hope you have a Successful tenure...This one wey u never start and NASU don dey threaten you with litigation.. God na your muscle ooo

3 Likes

Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by arijay(m): 6:54am On Jun 07, 2016
Congratulations Prof.
Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by teepsee(f): 6:54am On Jun 07, 2016
That's good, it's remaining my school, i wonder why that man is still there he came with ginger but now i think he has Lost direction even though i learnt he is from OAU,thinking he will bring some of the sanity there.

Please anybody in kano state, please I need help for accommodation in kano. Want to visit a friend but have no place to stay. Please help a friend. Tanks
Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by kingphilip(m): 6:55am On Jun 07, 2016
That's something about the politics of the higher institution appointment of vice chancellors.. In my then school everybody cried for an internal person to take over even when he wasn't the most qualified but at the end they kicked against him till the expiration of his tenure

Selfish individuals whose approved candidate wasn't given will surely kick against it but at the end the decision will stand

I pray that before the end of this year may we be favored for a promotion that is unprecedented in our lives. Click like to claim

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by akonibobo: 6:55am On Jun 07, 2016
OF the greatest Ife!!!
Congratulations to the new VC.
O- OBA
A- AWON
U- UNIVERSITY

10 Likes

Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by yemmit90: 6:57am On Jun 07, 2016
Another conservative mentality chancellor.
Congrat anyway!
Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by Somatohadidas(m): 7:00am On Jun 07, 2016
at last.........omole loo

2 Likes

Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by greatiyk4u(m): 7:01am On Jun 07, 2016
Since he is locally trained, he can proffer useful local solutions to our education problems in the institution

These foreign trained intellectual are not in tandem with solutions to Africa's problems for what works there doesn't work here

Eg......our local "agbo" medicine is to oyinbo a poison where as it is a beautiful cleanser to Africans of mainly yoruba extract......................

Time to think Africa................remove Kemi adeosun from Finance ministry and find a core African trained Economist and see African Magic............yes charles soludo did it and it worked!

5 Likes

Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by Somatohadidas(m): 7:02am On Jun 07, 2016
very happy to hear that......we need fresh breath after what has happened in the school...

1 Like

Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by MrCow(m): 7:04am On Jun 07, 2016
WoW! I hear day this man crazy gann. well, it takes a crazy VC to great Ife.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by kareem492(m): 7:04am On Jun 07, 2016
at last, omole is gunner

1 Like

Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by JohnEazy(m): 7:06am On Jun 07, 2016
2 God be d glory
Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by babyfaceafrica: 7:06am On Jun 07, 2016
Oba Adaniduro university

3 Likes

Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by Handsomecole(m): 7:08am On Jun 07, 2016
Protest»Strike»loading...
Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by Nobody: 7:08am On Jun 07, 2016
Omole don goooooooo

1 Like

Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by Folanky(m): 7:08am On Jun 07, 2016
I pray make he no use strike spoil our calender ooo dis one wey NASU Don dey vow to protest,since his also in omole cabinet,am nt so sure somtin gud is comin out frm dis man..... anyways congrat.
Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by fekbam(m): 7:13am On Jun 07, 2016
Congratulations to him..
Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by OlujobaSamuel: 7:19am On Jun 07, 2016
what's the business of all this associate thieves with whoever their employer decides to put at the helm of affairs?
almost all sectors in this nation is full of this rubbish.
Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by Ayomide93(m): 7:37am On Jun 07, 2016
Nice one from Bamitale Omole. One of their own was appointed to cover their tracks. Congrats Professor Salami of The Cedar Outreach Church.

1 Like

Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by martolux(m): 7:39am On Jun 07, 2016
In addition to his profile: Prof Salami is a pastor that teaches undiluted word of God. May God continue to use him for His glory.

4 Likes

Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by ramdris(m): 7:42am On Jun 07, 2016
teepsee:
That's good, it's remaining my school, i wonder why that man is still there he came with ginger but now i think he has Lost direction even though i learnt he is from OAU,thinking he will bring some of the sanity there.

Please anybody in kano state, please I need help for accommodation in kano. Want to visit a friend but have no place to stay. Please help a friend. Tanks
What of the friend u r paying a visit?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by oracle009(m): 7:46am On Jun 07, 2016
martolux:
In addition to his profile: Prof Salami is a pastor that teaches undiluted word of God. May God continue to use him for His glory.

Omole WAS a pastor also...infact ordained ministry sef... Stop all this pastor pastor thing e jor! I'm even tempted to say Faborode WAS a pastor also

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by Jofez: 7:47am On Jun 07, 2016
Congrats sir

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Difficult Is GCE? / Education Beyond Certificate / Which University Is Most Renowned For Cultism In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.