Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin (55669 Views)

4-Year-Old Girl Suffers Nephrotic Syndrome In Kaduna. Photo / Amina Suffers Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Katsina After Taking Septrin (Graphic) / Stevens Johnson Syndrome (SJS) Is In Nigeria, Kills One, Another Hospitalized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jun 07, 2016
Can't you just point out the corrections without insulting undecided
OhMyG0d:
Olodo. Who's your English Teacher?

1 Like

Re: Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin by mccoy47(m): 7:05pm On Jun 07, 2016
RIP.
cry
Re: Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin by passionate88: 7:05pm On Jun 07, 2016
Rest in peace
Re: Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin by Pyno30: 7:06pm On Jun 07, 2016
I think that drugs must have expired. Or it's fake.
Re: Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 07, 2016
OjoDada080:

Lalasticlala and Mynd44 ban this criminal
Re: Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin by croSStodds(m): 7:06pm On Jun 07, 2016
Did she really purchase from a pharmacy store or from those patent drug dealers,I mean those charlatans who tag themselves chemist.I doubt it was from a pharmacy store.
The syndrome spoilt her beauty totally and completely.
RIP!!But the girl was fine oo...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin by Gkemz: 7:06pm On Jun 07, 2016
she must've taken an overdose or an expired drug. The chemist should be questioned
Re: Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin by piagetskinner(m): 7:07pm On Jun 07, 2016
Chai.. .all theses diseases from the pit of hell
Re: Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin by tedid1st: 7:09pm On Jun 07, 2016
When I was much younger, Septrin and maloxine were prescribed for me by my mother - a consultant pharmacist. I have been taking it for years before then with no issue but I reacted to it on that day... It was nasty... Not as bad as that but that was the last time I used the drug. Thanks to her knowledge of drugs and God's intervention, I survived. The burn marks took years to clear off... ALL DRUGS ARE POISON... DO NOT TAKE THEM CARELESSLY.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin by piagetskinner(m): 7:10pm On Jun 07, 2016
prettysolid:
Can't you just point out the corrections without insulting undecided

Don't mind the guy.. . Na small pikin dey worry am

1 Like

Re: Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin by tonytony208(m): 7:10pm On Jun 07, 2016
AjayiWrites:

According to reports she reacts negatively to it, its probably the drug was fake or she is allergic to it.. Pardon me if I misinterpret it, I am not a medical personnel

You are very correct.

This is called hypersensitivity reaction. It is actually what they call antibody-dependent cytotoxic hypersensitivity reaction or Type II Hypersensitivity reaction. It occurs very rapidly too.

3 Likes

Re: Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin by jordinsparkles(f): 7:10pm On Jun 07, 2016
My goodness!! What should we do now. Should we avoid septrin or any drugs.
Re: Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin by drololaaof: 7:11pm On Jun 07, 2016
You people just make comment just to crucify the other person .You should ask what is happening The diagnosis was correctly made Stephen Johnson syndrome yet someone is saying she sustain burns The problem is not new it has been documented right from the onset of discovery of sulphonamide containing drugs anybody can develop adverse reaction to any substance God safe you becos you have not reacted or show it's sign

2 Likes

Re: Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin by Mackson01: 7:11pm On Jun 07, 2016
Neither the pharmacy nor the girl is to be blamed . You can never know who will come up with that kind of reactions. It could have happened if the girl had gone to see the best doctor in national hospital Abuja. And I tell you the drug is not fake.

1 Like

Re: Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin by Joyce28(f): 7:11pm On Jun 07, 2016
Is a pity sha, RIP to d dead
May God save us from all dose ppl dt sells
fake &
Expired drugs angry
Re: Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 07, 2016
RIP...may God comfort the family
It's a reaction....I react to Septrin and Fansidar too..
Re: Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin by starboyflight(m): 7:14pm On Jun 07, 2016
Mehn, life is such a mystery. Na so she end her race. RIP
Re: Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin by masseratti: 7:17pm On Jun 07, 2016
People will hardly read before they comment on a post, i just read about the disease although Not the 1st time hearing about it, a guy walked to create awareness about it, now i know better, it can happen to anyone,this is not a case of fake drug, alot of drugs can trigger it, and no cure.

2 Likes

Re: Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin by UfuomaUN(m): 7:19pm On Jun 07, 2016
OhMyG0d:
Dame patience

1 Like

Re: Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin by SirKriz(m): 7:20pm On Jun 07, 2016
RIP to the girl. May her soul respect in perfect peace.

And someone will tell me Africans don't have allergic reactions. SMH.

find out more here on SJS from the Minister of Health:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/203379-nigerian-killed-another-hospitalized-new-deadly-disease.html
Re: Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 07, 2016
Amicable24:
[size=15pt]Can Antibiotics do this to the girl, or was it something else she took thinking it's septrin..
Too bad!!
[/size]

StevensJohnson syndrome is a rare reaction to septrin.

Once knew a patient who had it. She survived......but she spent time in hospital.
Re: Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin by ikgabriel(m): 7:22pm On Jun 07, 2016
Too horrific but what I can sense is, I don't really think it's d drug. Is either it's fake or she used it with some hard liquid that won't go well with d drugs. Reactions/allergic to drugs won't have caused it to these extent.

R
I
P to d dead

Nafdac wake up to ur primary responsibility like your predecessor (Dora Akunyili). Minister of health should also create orientation programmes that will enlighten citizens on how to tackle medical issues.
Re: Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin by martineverest(m): 7:23pm On Jun 07, 2016
ikbnice:
OP, add graphic photo to your thread topic ... The drug must have been fake.
it is not fake SJS can occur even when u use original vitamin c or panadol...its allergy
Re: Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin by martineverest(m): 7:25pm On Jun 07, 2016
Amicable24:
[size=15pt]Can Antibiotics do this to the girl, or was it something else she took thinking it's septrin..
Too bad!!
[/size]
its allergy..its not fake drugs...it could occur to anybody,be it panadol or vitamic b complex

1 Like

Re: Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin by martineverest(m): 7:27pm On Jun 07, 2016
seunny4lif:
sad
This fake drug matter don taya me embarassed
Some people are heartless sha embarassed embarassed
its not fake drugs...its allergy..
Re: Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin by ever811(m): 7:27pm On Jun 07, 2016
OhMyG0d:
mumu that was an error
Re: Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin by martineverest(m): 7:29pm On Jun 07, 2016
ikgabriel:
Too horrific but what I can sense is, I don't really think it's d drug. Is either it's fake or she used it with some hard liquid that won't go well with d drugs. Reactions/allergic to drugs won't have caused it to these extent.

R
I
P to d dead

Nafdac wake up to ur primary responsibility like your predecessor (Dora Akunyili). Minister of health should also create orientation programmes that will enlighten citizens on how to tackle medical issues.
allergy is the cause of sjs.....not fake drugs.enlighten urself
Re: Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin by delerx(m): 7:30pm On Jun 07, 2016
AjayiWrites:

According to reports she reacts negatively to it, its probably the drug was fake or she is allergic to it.. Pardon me if I misinterpret it, I am not a medical personnel
fake drugs r substandard drugs which means Itmight not contain the said active ingredients or the therapeutic effect is low due to reduced dosage formulation Steven Johnson is common to all sulphur containing compounds like fansidar n septrin.the dead might not no she reacts to sulphur.its more severe takin it with some Arvs
Re: Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin by zikter(m): 7:31pm On Jun 07, 2016
All the people saying fake drug this and that shld chill first. Google the SJS read and understand it. is just a negative reaction to drug in layman's language and does not in anyway mean fake drug. some people don't take panadol or flour cos their bodies don't accept it. LESSON: Try to know what you are allergic to especially drugs.
Re: Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin by Ganjafama(m): 7:32pm On Jun 07, 2016
What a pretty nyarinnya! May her soul RIP.
Re: Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin by EOOJ(m): 7:35pm On Jun 07, 2016
Davvymavvy:
This is not about a drug being fake, Steven Johnson syndrome is one of the side effects of Septrin. That might be her first time of taken the drug, because most Nigerians are not observant, when the reaction started, the best thing would have been to stop the drug and go to the nearest hospital to lodge complain. Illiteracy is still very much with us and to add salt to the injury, she's from the northern extraction where many people don't believe in that kind of enlightenment. We should not also apportion blame to the Chemist, though, her duty is to explain to patients the expected result of the medication she's selling and the possible untoward effects, but ask yourself, the last time a Doctor prescribed Septrin for you and you bought the drug at the pharmacy, did the Doctor or the Pharmacist intimate you of such side effect? May God help us

nice post...

i never knew i reacted to septrin not until 3 years ago wen i was serving in the far north. Doctor ask if i di and i said no so after taking the first dosage, dat night was war o. Profuse sweating and sleepless night. At first i taught it was the sickness, so i stood up and took another dosage..hmmmmmm i woke up with blisters all around my mouth and nose. Straigt i went to the hospital and i was told my body was reacting to the septrin. To make matters worse, they didnt hav drugs to give me so i had to struggle to make it to the main town where i got treatments....since then, me and septrin don turn enemies oooo.

God help us

1 Like

Re: Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 07, 2016
NwaNimo1:
And the moto of the story is - pharmaceuticals are bad!

Long live the herbalists.......
Wrong

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between The White Vitamin C Tablets And The Orange Ones? / Top Ten Hospitals In Nigeria - Webometrics Ranking / 200Level Female Student Of Ondo University Commits Suicide (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.