Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,304 members, 7,853,408 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:03 PM

The Affliction Of The Righteous - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Affliction Of The Righteous (318 Views)

Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? / The Difference Between The Righteous And The Wicked - Olamide Obire / The Righteous Shall Flourish- Bishop Idahosa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Affliction Of The Righteous by yommyuk: 4:59am On Jun 08, 2016
Nowadays, a lot of so called Christians get nervous when affliction comes their way. Affliction come in different ways. Examples are victimisation, ungodly opposition, God’s discipline, suffering of a loved one, God making a statement through us for his glory to manifest, warning against greater harm. Job like afflictions, etc. The trend is to say No to afflictions. Last Sunday while discussing with a sister in church, she said “It is blessing and comfort 1 want, nothing else” (nothing wrong with that) I asked her what will she do if affliction comes her way? Will she stay at home and stop coming to church?

To the matured Christian, affliction is a spiritual fertilizer on a believer’s faith. We see affliction as a way to exercise our faith knowing that God will make a way where there is no way.

Mediate on what David went through between his victory over Goliath and his ascension to the throne. Running away from a mad, determined and murderous king Saul. Through it all, it moulded him into a wise leader, cunning warrior and a humble servant of the Lord.

Whatever afflictions you are going through, see it an opportunity to wait on the salvation of the Lord. God will always show himself strong.

Psalm 27:1
“The Lord is my light and salvation; whom shall I fear.

Psalm 4:3
“You can be sure of this: The LORD set apart the godly for himself. The LORD will answer when I call to him.”

Psalm 4:5
Offer sacrifices in the right spirit, and trust in the Lord.

Psalm 34:19
Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

Psalm 13:6
“I will sing to the LORD because he is good to me.”

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Which Sin Have You Been Struggling With? / Give A Helping Hand / Strongholds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.