Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,570 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers (21434 Views)

Bank Send New Staff To Prisons For A Tour To Deter Them From Embezzling Money / Two Female Officers Winged By Nigerian Air Force After Qualifying As Pilots.PICS / Federal Government Approves Promotion Of 10,979 Prisons Officers And Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers by chemistry101: 5:20am On Jun 08, 2016
ABUJA—The Federal Government has concluded arrangements to embark on a mass sack of officers and men of the Nigeria Immigrations Service, NIS, and the Nigeria Prisons Service, NPS. To this end, Vanguard gathered that a new condition of service has been approved by the Minister of Interior, Abdulrahman Dambazau. A memo from the Civil Defence, Fire, Immigrations and Prisons Services Board, CDFIPB, which was sighted by our correspondent last night in Abuja, reduced the retirement ages of personnel. Dated May 25, 2016, and signed by the Director/Secretary of the Board, A.A Ibrahim, the letter was addressed to all the paramilitary Service Chiefs  under the ministry and entitled, ‘RE: New Conditions of Service.’ Part of the memo reads: ”I am directed to inform you that at its meeting of December 29, 2015, the Joint Service Board, JSB, took a critical look at the staff conditions of service and resolved that the parameters of retirement of the officers in the services under the supervision of the board should be expanded to include, but not limited to the following: a- attainment of 60 years of age, b- on service for 35 years, c- on disciplinary grounds, d- on medical/health grounds, e-when an officer is un-deployable due to restructuring, appointment, seniority, among others.” Other reasons advanced by the memo are: “after failing promotion examinations at three consecutive attempts, when an officer fails board promotion three times, incompetence, indolence or declining productivity, failure at staff course, post staff course and their equivalents. “On reaching the maximum age like Assistant Superintendent II is now 22- 33, Assistant Superintendent I is now 22-36, Deputy Superintendent is 25-39, Superintendent is pegged at 23-42, Chief Superintendent is now 26-45, Assistant Controller/Comptroller/Commandant is pegged at 30-48, while Deputy Controller/Comptroller/Commandant is 34-51. “Others are Controller/Comptroller/Commandant is 38-54, for Assistant Controller/Comptroller/Commandant General pegged at 42-56, Deputy Controller/Comptroller/Commandant General is now 46-58 while Controller/comptroller/Commandant General.”

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/fg-plans-massive-downsizing-immigrations-prisons-officers/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers by chriskosherbal(m): 5:22am On Jun 08, 2016
OK let's see how this turns out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers by lecturerdabo(m): 5:34am On Jun 08, 2016
Part of the 3million jobs for 2016!!!

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers by chido20(m): 5:37am On Jun 08, 2016
divide the country that's the only solution
oya zombies come and quote

11 Likes

Re: FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers by brunofarad(m): 5:43am On Jun 08, 2016
watching
Re: FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers by pedrilo: 5:43am On Jun 08, 2016
This administration dey confuse me walahi. One minister is busy threatening banks with revocation of license because of mass sack while another minister is compiling names for mass sack.
Na only una Waka come?
APC ADMINISTRATION & CONFUSION

127 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers by CircleOfWilis: 5:59am On Jun 08, 2016
This APC era don tire person

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers by ObiOkpor(m): 6:46am On Jun 08, 2016
Remove the old men there and recruit fresh blood.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers by looseweight: 7:20am On Jun 08, 2016
This is a confused government....

FG on one hand is threatening d banking industry with sanctions if they sack any more staff while another agency of d government is planing mass sack.

IAMLOOSEWEIGHT

12 Likes

Re: FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers by edgytedit: 7:21am On Jun 08, 2016
fresh blood.
Re: FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 08, 2016
too many redundant staff there. let them recruit some fresh blood.

3 Likes

Re: FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers by reverendfather: 7:21am On Jun 08, 2016
good move

2 Likes

Re: FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers by Aviero: 7:21am On Jun 08, 2016
chido20:
divide the country that's the only solution
oya zombies come and quote

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers by Project400: 7:22am On Jun 08, 2016
Could this be true?
Re: FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers by kirchofff(m): 7:22am On Jun 08, 2016
Just look at the bunch of hypocrites threatening banks not to sack people........imagine... Now I believe this govt. Is more clueless than PDP's

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers by TRADELYN: 7:22am On Jun 08, 2016
And the FG is warning banks and other big firms to stop sacking staff.
#ConfusedGovtParExcellence

1 Like

Re: FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers by lovejo(m): 7:22am On Jun 08, 2016
and you said banks and other employers should not downsize?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers by 5starmilitant: 7:22am On Jun 08, 2016
Only una say make banks no sack workers, now una dey plan to sack. Hypocrites.

Me: Knock on the door

Ngige: who is it?

Me: oga minister of labour, abeg come make we talk. Very important.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers by purpinkx(m): 7:22am On Jun 08, 2016
Same FG that threatened to withdraw bank licence for “ downsizing ”

still waiting to hear about the masquerade job

1 Like

Re: FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers by seunny4lif(m): 7:22am On Jun 08, 2016
Hmmmm
APC cheesy grin grin grin
All promises cancelled grin grin grin grin
Useless party grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers by keypad1: 7:23am On Jun 08, 2016
Custom and prison officers never epp me before. So e no concern me
Re: FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers by bongolistik(m): 7:23am On Jun 08, 2016
lovejo:
and you said banks and other employers should not downsize?
u just took the words out of my mouth

1 Like

Re: FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers by macino1(m): 7:23am On Jun 08, 2016
APC has done it a again. Doing the direct opposite of what was promised us. They even had the morales to ask banks not to sack.

There was a country: Oh, I see a revolution soon according to some "men of god"
Re: FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers by erayo2GCA(m): 7:24am On Jun 08, 2016
Yet you stop banks from downsizing..
Re: FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers by shazzar01: 7:24am On Jun 08, 2016
Just great......i wonder if they plan on giving the sacked ones another job.
Re: FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers by 5starmilitant: 7:24am On Jun 08, 2016
TrumpDonald:
APC una just dey confuse me

Apc & confusion belike

5 Likes

Re: FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 08, 2016
I can't believe you all voted apc

1 Like

Re: FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 08, 2016
Re: FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers by tymgotel: 7:25am On Jun 08, 2016
lecturerdabo:
Part of the 3million jobs for 2016!!!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers by Vince77(m): 7:26am On Jun 08, 2016
Ngige over to you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Working And Running Masters And ICAN At The Same Time. Is This Possible? / 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News / FG Workers To Start Receiving January Salary – AGF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.