Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,861 members, 7,817,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Problems With My 2003 Nissan Pathfinder - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Problems With My 2003 Nissan Pathfinder (1028 Views)

14 Most Common Problems With Used And Second-hand Cars / My 2003 Camry Automatic Gear Problem / RESOLVED UPDATE!!!!Faulty Speedometer/odometer In 2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problems With My 2003 Nissan Pathfinder by Darius84: 12:40pm On Jun 08, 2016
I have a 2003 Nissan Pathfinder and it's difficult to keep the car running for more than 20mins. Each time I start the car, it seems to idle well and also moves well but the ignition goes off barely 15 -20mins later. I have a portable scanner that indicated the crankshaft position sensor A circuit malfunctioned (P0335) and Swirl control solenoid valve (P1130). I tried changing the CPS sensor and the truck drove ok for like 2 days after which it went back to the same problem of running for just few mins before going off. The code is also back. Each time the ignition goes off, the truck will refuse to start up again except I wait for minutes for it to cool down. I've asked someone check the fuel pump and I was told the pump is very ok as it is also returning well. What could be the problem?
Re: Problems With My 2003 Nissan Pathfinder by mayor2013: 4:56pm On Jun 08, 2016
Darius84:
I have a 2003 Nissan Pathfinder and it's difficult to keep the car running for more than 20mins. Each time I start the car, it seems to idle well and also moves well but the ignition goes off barely 15 -20mins later. I have a portable scanner that indicated the crankshaft position sensor A circuit malfunctioned (P0335) and Swirl control solenoid valve (P1130). I tried changing the CPS sensor and the truck drove ok for like 2 days after which it went back to the same problem of running for just few mins before going off. The code is also back. Each time the ignition goes off, the truck will refuse to start up again except I wait for minutes for it to cool down. I've asked someone check the fuel pump and I was told the pump is very ok as it is also returning well. What could be the problem?

If you are sure your fuel pump is ok. Leave that. Change your ckp and camshaft position sensors (bank 1 and bank 2) , pathfinders are known with this problem. Was has worked for me while on the field is changing the ckp and cmp. Hope this helps. Am sure your swirl control valve was connected wrongly, that solenoid hardly spoils but inorder to be sure test with a battery and listen to the clicking sound. What is the mileage on your car?
Re: Problems With My 2003 Nissan Pathfinder by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 08, 2016
Darius84:
I have a 2003 Nissan Pathfinder and it's difficult to keep the car running for more than 20mins. Each time I start the car, it seems to idle well and also moves well but the ignition goes off barely 15 -20mins later. I have a portable scanner that indicated the crankshaft position sensor A circuit malfunctioned (P0335) and Swirl control solenoid valve (P1130). I tried changing the CPS sensor and the truck drove ok for like 2 days after which it went back to the same problem of running for just few mins before going off. The code is also back.
How good was the CPS you installed: Toks or new?
Re: Problems With My 2003 Nissan Pathfinder by Darius84: 7:35pm On Jun 08, 2016
Costee:

How good was the CPS you installed: Toks or new?

The CPS was toks. It was removed from an engine and we had to try a couple of it before finally settling for one that worked. Initially, the plan was to change all 3 sensors (2 crankshaft and 1 camshaft) but ended up changing just one cos after testing about 3 different camshaft sensors on the car, it appeared the one that came with the car was better. Keeping every other thing the same, the new camshaft either made the car stall before starting or not make it start at all. But on putting the one that came with the car, i could start the car without hesitation so I assumed the original camshaft sensor was good. For the crankshaft sensors, I changed one and tested the car ok for like 2 days. The issue came back again on the third day. I tried swapping the two crankshaft sensors but I still get the same error code (bank A sensor malfunction). Is a new sensor better?
Re: Problems With My 2003 Nissan Pathfinder by Darius84: 7:39pm On Jun 08, 2016
mayor2013:

If you are sure your fuel pump is ok. Leave that. Change your ckp and camshaft position sensors (bank 1 and bank 2) , pathfinders are known with this problem. Was has worked for me while on the field is changing the ckp and cmp. Hope this helps. Am sure your swirl control valve was connected wrongly, that solenoid hardly spoils but inorder to be sure test with a battery and listen to the clicking sound. What is the mileage on your car?

Ok, maybe I'll try and change out all the sensors at once. Which is better between toks and new sensors. The mileage is around 70,000
Re: Problems With My 2003 Nissan Pathfinder by mayor2013: 8:39pm On Jun 08, 2016
Darius84:

Ok, maybe I'll try and change out all the sensors at once. Which is better between toks and new sensors. The mileage is around 70,000

Toks is better. New one fails over a short time
Re: Problems With My 2003 Nissan Pathfinder by mechco: 10:19pm On Jun 08, 2016
have you try to check eletrical collection l mesn circuit if you have shout circuit you ill have that problem or ECM
Re: Problems With My 2003 Nissan Pathfinder by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 08, 2016
mayor2013:

Toks is better. New one fails over a short time
Not if you get oem.
OP you may call me on this: 08179381094

1 Like

Re: Problems With My 2003 Nissan Pathfinder by mayor2013: 6:00am On Jun 09, 2016
Costee:

Not if you get oem.
OP you may call me on this: 08179381094

I agree

1 Like

Re: Problems With My 2003 Nissan Pathfinder by Darius84: 2:38pm On Jun 09, 2016
mechco:
have you try to check eletrical collection l mesn circuit if you have shout circuit you ill have that problem or ECM
How do I check to know if I have a short?

(1) (Reply)

Advise Needed About My First Interstate Trip / Car Expert - Pls I Don't Know This Clock Like Thing In My Car, Pic+ / Foreign Used Cars For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.