Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,501 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

The Nigeria Police And Their New Style Of Exploiting New Car Owners. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Nigeria Police And Their New Style Of Exploiting New Car Owners. (1063 Views)

INNOSON IKENGA: Innoson To Unveil New Car Named After Dr Dozie Ikedife / 11 Mistakes Most Nigerian Car Owners Make / Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigeria Police And Their New Style Of Exploiting New Car Owners. by AutoJoshNG: 10:14am On Nov 03, 2016
Why is it that some Government agencies in this Nigeria like to bring more hardship to Nigerians that already have too much to battle with?

This new strategy used by the Nigeria Police and Road Safety officials to exploit car owners is simply wicked.

My brother bought and registered his car 2 weeks ago. While moving the car to Port-Harcourt on Sunday, a police pick up overtook and blocked them as they were in traffic. The policemen asked them to park claiming that they got an intel (like Jack Bauer) that their car was suspicious.

After seeing that all the papers were complete, they asked for his phone and sent the "verifyplateno" code to 33324. In a moment, they got this response.. "Number Plate is valid but yet to be assigned to any vehicle". The policemen smiled and said to themselves "SEE MEAT".

You won't believe these policemen said they were going to the police station because they were armed robbers. But little did they know that my brother who works with an oil and gas company, knew his onions. After a short argument, they calmed down to listen to the sense in what my brother was saying.

He explained to them that plate numbers are registered into State Government Database through AutoReg. Furthermore, the Road Safety is meant to synchronise these information to their www.nvisng.org portal through a common platform. This is meant to be done automatically or as quickly as possible. However, it may take the Road Safety 6 months, that's if they ever synchronise the data.

This left the policemen dumbfounded and they quickly said "Bros they go they go, you too sabi something"

Have you ever been in this situation? Let us know how you handled it.

https://autojosh.com/nigeria-police-new-style-exploiting-new-car-owners/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigeria Police And Their New Style Of Exploiting New Car Owners. by greatnaija01: 10:28am On Nov 03, 2016
THE THUNDER THAT WILL FIRE THESE POLICE GUYS IN NAIJA IS STILL DOING NYSC

AutoJoshNG:
Why is it that some Government agencies in this Nigeria like to bring more hardship to Nigerians that already have too much to battle with?

This new strategy used by the Nigeria Police and Road Safety officials to exploit car owners is simply wicked.

My brother bought and registered his car 2 weeks ago. While moving the car to Port-Harcourt on Sunday, a police pick up overtook and blocked them as they were in traffic. The policemen asked them to park claiming that they got an intel (like Jack Bauer) that their car was suspicious.

After seeing that all the papers were complete, they asked for his phone and sent the "verifyplateno" code to 33324. In a moment, they got this response.. "Number Plate is valid but yet to be assigned to any vehicle". The policemen smiled and said to themselves "SEE MEAT".

You won't believe these policemen said they were going to the police station because they were armed robbers. But little did they know that my brother who works with an oil and gas company, knew his onions. After a short argument, they calmed down to listen to the sense in what my brother was saying.

He explained to them that plate numbers are registered into State Government Database through AutoReg. Furthermore, the Road Safety is meant to synchronise these information to their www.nvisng.org portal through a common platform. This is meant to be done automatically or as quickly as possible. However, it may take the Road Safety 6 months, that's if they ever synchronise the data.

This left the policemen dumbfounded and they quickly said "Bros they go they go, you too sabi something"

Have you ever been in this situation? Let us know how you handled it.

https://autojosh.com/nigeria-police-new-style-exploiting-new-car-owners/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: The Nigeria Police And Their New Style Of Exploiting New Car Owners. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:55am On Nov 03, 2016
Re: The Nigeria Police And Their New Style Of Exploiting New Car Owners. by diportivo: 12:58pm On Nov 03, 2016
I guess d Avalon in the picture is the ride the policemen threatened to take to d station undecided
Re: The Nigeria Police And Their New Style Of Exploiting New Car Owners. by Conner44: 1:27pm On Nov 03, 2016
diportivo:
I guess d Avalon in the picture is the ride the policemen threatened to take to d station undecided

It may be for added effect grin the thread can't be complete without a picture of a car

But for our police to be chasing a 2006 avalon like Jason Statam get as e be, I think say na Gwagon dem pursue self so their egunje to last reach Christmas

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious Warning On A Pick-up Truck / Rolls Royce Sweptail - The World’s Most Expensive Car Epitomises Luxury / My Honda Scanned Codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.