Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

A Poetic Philosopher's Mind - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Poetic Philosopher's Mind (917 Views)

A Poetic Rendition On the State Of the Nigerian Economy / Poetic Recount: The Day I Was Completely Devastated and Perplexed. By Emyo / St. Janet Poetic Yoruba Lyrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Poetic Philosopher's Mind by Scofield007(m): 3:56am On Aug 27, 2009
Hi peeps! Here's a new one to the family of the landers. A lotta pple think i'm a clown. I once got the the NFA of the year award in my department during my 200L days. Wit this i initially thot of joining the jokes section but i found that my jokes were far too advanced for that. I always seem to have a different kind of opinion about everything which makes pple think i'm odd, but one good thing is i always try to write them down either in form of poetry or just plain view. Here are some of my poetic collection. Please pardon my arrangement. The full stops represent a line.                                             THIS IS NOT MY SONG (adapted from my poem.)                                              This is not my song. The song i feel turning in me. The song of my heart and soul. Of my greatest desire. I dont have the passion yet, to sing the song i feel.       My song is the wandering youth. Jobless, on the streets. Without food nor shelter. Maddened by circumstances. My song runs thru the roads. Abused, helpless since conception. Left with no option than hawk. 'Buy my pure water cold one'.  My poor song has taken to the streets. To rob the haves off their belongings. A society that cant help too many poor wont save too few rich.   My song stands at the red-light spot. Waiting for patronage. 'hurry, hurry, say your money. Money for hand, back for ground'. 'no rubber, extra charges'.  My song is the high school student. With a robe of many colors. Shoe from james. Shirt from john. Trousers from jackson. Belt from jimmy. My song is the local vendor. Trekking every nooks and bus-stops. Whistling 'today news today'. Yet no newspaper carries my song. My song is the promise of tarred road. Over the red dusty road. On the way to my father's town. My song is the village school teacher. A very big bundle of knowledge. Who teaches pupils to become doctors. But himself dies of diseases. My song is the fertile grave. Filled with manure. Manures of healthy brains of men. Men who know what to do. But not how to do. Men who know how to do. But not what to do.      No this can never be my song. My song should go platinum. My song should be number one. My song should be a world leader. My song has the resources to be. It has the skill to lead. Africa arise, nigeria stand. Let us all sing this together. To bring it to the position it ought  to be. NOTHING TO BE DONE. What is the meaning of existence? From cradle to the grave. Joy accompanied the birth of a child. Right at the mother's lap, danger loom. Among his peers, enmity is built. The road; dicey, craggy and rough. Destiny at hand, destination uncertain. Tell me the meaning of life. Nakedly naked, we're in death. The bane of our equality. To come and go is to go and come. Everythin is at standstill. Neither movement nor advancement. The trees grow in the forest. Birds nest on trees. Animals make bush their abode. Fishes take solace in water. Forest, trees, bush and water. The confused human abode. I should have flown. But bereaved of wings. Then i wait, Alas! Nothing to be done.
Re: A Poetic Philosopher's Mind by hector: 6:28pm On Aug 27, 2009
i like your writeup, it's great and i think u're making some sense. i'm egually into poetry though not proffessionally 4 now and i wish to see more pple like me. but i think u need to work more on ur resonance and also take note of some poetic guidelines while writing.
Re: A Poetic Philosopher's Mind by Scofield007(m): 11:52pm On Aug 27, 2009
Hi hector, you know like i said, i'm new and whereas i typed those things using my phone. All the same, thanx for the tip. Its really appreciated.
Re: A Poetic Philosopher's Mind by Scofield007(m): 11:59pm On Aug 27, 2009
Hi hector! You know like i said i'm new. And whereas i typed those things using my phone. Anyways thanx for the tip. Its really appreciated.
Re: A Poetic Philosopher's Mind by Scofield007(m): 4:52pm On Aug 28, 2009
THE PLACE OF BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, I know a land. Within the black race. Categorized developing. Where liveth, the beauty and the beast. A place of contradictions. In living, thought and belief. Different are their ways. Parallel are their views. The rich and the poor. The poisonous and the harmless. Jam-packed in a convention. Just to make a 'giant of africa'. Nigeria of their opinion. Where cry and laughter. The oppressed and the oppressor. The good, the bad and the ugly. Are neighbors and companions.
Re: A Poetic Philosopher's Mind by IBOGIRL1: 1:16pm On Aug 30, 2009
Hi sf, i tink ur writeups are beautiful. Keep it up.
Re: A Poetic Philosopher's Mind by osakpor: 5:12pm On Sep 10, 2009
Hi hector,i like ur stuff. I'm new ,hope to see more of that.I write as well but not yet a pro.
Re: A Poetic Philosopher's Mind by Scofield007(m): 6:11am On Sep 11, 2009
Hi osakpor, dont worry about you being a new member, very soon you'll blend in. I was also once a new member and so was every other member. None of us was born a lander. But congratulations for choosing to be in the literary section. Its the best. Feel free to post your mind and let pple feel your creativity.
Re: A Poetic Philosopher's Mind by africhika(f): 4:20pm On Sep 15, 2009
nice. existential mindspill. i enjoy philosophers
Re: A Poetic Philosopher's Mind by Epi: 2:38am On Sep 19, 2009
@poster

electrifying. I am loving it
Re: A Poetic Philosopher's Mind by Scofield007(m): 3:57am On Sep 19, 2009
A dusky beauty she is
like the beat of my heart she is
i wonder who she thinks of all day
i have no clue who it is
just keep hoping its me.
In her silly hair
is written someone's destiny
in those eyes with so much care
is hidden someone's identity
i have no clue who it could be
just keep hoping i'm the one.
Searching someone are those eyes
with such eagerness and delight
in that heart, so tender
can be found someone's love
whoever it is, just so near
just keep hoping its me.
Re: A Poetic Philosopher's Mind by Scofield007(m): 4:03am On Sep 19, 2009
A dusky beauty she is
like the beat of my heart she is
i wonder who she thinks of all day
i have no clue who it is
just keep hoping its me.
In her silly hair
is written someone's destiny
in those eyes with so much care
is hidden someone's identity
i have no clue who it could be
just keep hoping i'm the one.
Searching someone are those eyes
with such eagerness and delight
in that heart, so tender
can be found someone's love
whoever it is, just so near
just keep hoping its me.
Re: A Poetic Philosopher's Mind by hector: 6:53pm On Oct 01, 2009
hei men! i appreciate ur wrk, especially those lyrical love lines, can we talk? here is my no 08065130886. i write poems too.
Re: A Poetic Philosopher's Mind by steve112: 11:20am On Oct 28, 2009
i wonder why everyone living in her world think the same
i wonder why there is no love, no mercy and no friend in the street
i wonder why she think thats the best way to life
i wonder why she cannot change
i wonder where she is going.
i wonder if there will ever be a time when there will be one luv in the street.

i am new here and i am not a writer. i just hope this make any sence

(1) (Reply)

Harem Alert: The Alarming Increase Of 'harem' Pairings In Naruto Fan Fiction. / Who Is A Freelance Writer? / Ifychuky'z Scrapbook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.