Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,799 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (812895 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Labo: 11:24pm On Dec 03, 2007
tanx pumping 777
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lomah(m): 1:44am On Dec 04, 2007
@easimoni

hi. i got ur spreadsheet and it was quite fantastic, if this is from you, but u still admit wanaj0's is a bombshell, then i too am drooling to see whts in it tongue. if yo have it , KINDLY SEND ME LINK, ETC SO I CAN ENJOY WHAT UR ABT TO ENJOY, HOPEFULLY. HOPE HOUSTON IS TREATING U RIGHT, AFTER UR GLOBE TROTTING AND SABATICAL. WAITING FOR UR REPLY. CHEERS!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by spicie: 2:34am On Dec 04, 2007
hi GURUS. I need ur advice i've small amount to invest i need a stock that will give me 25% atleast in a month. All i want is advice risk bearing is mine. please i'm tired of ipo's. Don't mention any in your contribution.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Robroy: 3:34am On Dec 04, 2007
Wanajo
http://punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200712041475873

Mypeace should do something ASAP!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 5:10am On Dec 04, 2007
spicie:

hi GURUS. I need your advice i've small amount to invest i need a stock that will give me 25% atleast in a month. All i want is advice risk bearing is mine. please i'm tired of ipo's. Don't mention any in your contribution.

Kai 25% a month shocked, omo u might just have to reduce that amt quite a bit and extend it to say 25% in 3 mths or 50% in 6-9mths. If we all knew what could get us an easy guaranteed at least 25% EVERY mth, we would be dumping our money there cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 7:30am On Dec 04, 2007
spicie:

hi GURUS. I need your advice i've small amount to invest i need a stock that will give me 25% atleast in a month. All i want is advice risk bearing is mine. please i'm tired of ipo's. Don't mention any in your contribution.
Ask father of 2 and his disciples grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by model1780(m): 8:13am On Dec 04, 2007
Please which stock are u referrin to here?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by model1780(m): 8:15am On Dec 04, 2007
Naijadr:

Kai 25% a month shocked, omo u might just have to reduce that amt quite a bit and extend it to say 25% in 3 mths or 50% in 6-9mths. If we all knew what could get us an easy guaranteed at least 25% EVERY mth, we would be dumping our money there cheesy

So which shares can u suggest that can give a return of 25-30% in at most next 90 days?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by damoche07(m): 8:18am On Dec 04, 2007
pumping777:

@damoche07 - Did you get some?
My broker got some on Thursday though at a slight premium to today's closing price but no complaints.

@easimoni and crazyT - My order has gone out for tomorrow. I beg let me complete my small purchase before the elephants cause Tsunami inside the the market o  grin grin.

Nope?had some contraints with my broker.i am changing him soon sha.Planning on joining Afrinvest this december.Problem is i dont stay in Lagos and cant afford a working day yet.I will drive myself crazy if i have to do everything i see on this thread.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by model1780(m): 8:20am On Dec 04, 2007
damoche07:

Nope?had some contraints with my broker.i am changing him soon sha.Planning on joining Afrinvest this december.Problem is i don't stay in Lagos and can't afford a working day yet.I will drive myself crazy if i have to do everything i see on this thread.

Please which share re u referrin to here?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 8:33am On Dec 04, 2007
Rob-roy:

Wanajo
http://punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200712041475873

Mypeace should do something ASAP!

People make friends here but Mypeace will end up making many enemies with moi being number one!!!!! She must just deliver even if it is onle 10 units of Trans Express.

When you see a rights (not hybrid) know that something is cooking.

On Eterna Oil, nothing special. The petroleum marketing sector is passing through difficult times. This will continue until there is an increase in price of petroleum products. Current margin is so small for the major operators.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 8:42am On Dec 04, 2007
On Bagco, I consider it expensive.

Windy's analysis was spot on.

However, a FORWARD PE of 23 for end year 2008 for the packaging sector is expensive!!!!!!!!!!! Except I am not reading right, the PE in the prospectus was for FY 2008!!! Flour Mills itself has a forward PE of about 15.00. Would rather buy Flour Mills than BAGCo. That is not to say that you will not amke money by buying the IPO.

Actually, BAGCo has the highest margin in Flour Mills operation. Solid company but I consider the offer expensive.

On First Bank, it is trusted. Good for both income and capital appreciation. May not see the 'abnormal' flunctuations associated with some other stocks but over time, if you do a trend analysis over the past ten years, First Bank returns will be in the top quartile. It is part of the stocks that you can buy and go and sleep. It constitute over 25% of my portfolio and that is one stock that I never sold any part of my hodings. Steady dividend and bonus payment.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 8:57am On Dec 04, 2007
Wanajo,
hahahaha, you must always be urself. Am used to ur ways cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 9:20am On Dec 04, 2007
damoche07:

Nope?had some contraints with my broker.i am changing him soon sha.Planning on joining Afrinvest this december.Problem is i don't stay in Lagos and can't afford a working day yet.I will drive myself crazy if i have to do everything i see on this thread.

@ damoche

you can contact afrinvest, get their account details and transfer the amount .You can SCAN your details to them .They will need some verification from your bank.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by steeviee(m): 9:29am On Dec 04, 2007
hello my people

it seems NEM insurance is heavily sort after. It has been going northwards since last week. i told my broker to get it but its been stories. i intend cash in with 4-5months in mind looking at its previous capabilty and its present potential.

does anyone share view? easimoni, wanajo, fatherof2, temmie10,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by damoche07(m): 9:34am On Dec 04, 2007
barge:

@ damoche

you can contact afrinvest, get their account details and transfer the amount .You can SCAN your details to them .They will need some verification from your bank.

Beautiful.will consider that.still hoping to go to lagos soon to sort a host of other issues.might wait till then.I want to go back to that city.i miss lagos.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 9:45am On Dec 04, 2007
steeviee:

hello my people

it seems NEM insurance is heavily sort after. It has been going northwards since last week. i told my broker to get it but its been stories. i intend cash in with 4-5months in mind looking at its previous capabilty and its present potential.

does anyone share view?  easimoni, wanajo, fatherof2, temmie10,

@ steviee

first you need to get a new broker , Nem ins is not that scarce with millions been traded everyday. I don't know about the price but one possible reason is THE INVESTMENT ADVISORY from ibtc. Once a company appears on the watch list of the big brokerage firms ,the price heads north because a lot of investors rely on those recomendation to choose stocks ,especially the short-term  traders.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 10:40am On Dec 04, 2007
MyPeace:

Wanajo,
hahahaha, you must always be yourself. Am used to your ways cheesy

Well, to be fore warned is to be , tongue Just perform or else MEND go soon be after you.

steeviee:

hello my people

does anyone share view? easimoni, wanajo, fatherof2, temmie10,

NEM will do well. Just got their annual report, BUT all is not yet clear as per teh oustanding shares. NEM merged with Vigilant but yet to see the scheme of merger!!!!! Nothing about the share exchange ratio. Everything is kept secret like other insurance companies.

barge:

@ steviee

first you need to get a new broker , Nem ins is not that scarce with millions been traded everyday. I don't know about the price but one possible reason is THE INVESTMENT ADVISORY from ibtc. Once a company appears on the watch list of the big brokerage firms ,the price heads north because a lot of investors rely on those recomendation to choose stocks ,especially the short-term traders.

That you see millions being traded is not a sign that the share is available. As at 31st December 2006, NEM had only 2,722 shareholders. 24 shareholders own about 92.93% of the company and you can be sure that those guys are not selling. Even if they are going to sell, it will be strategic sales that will most likely be cross deals. Some of those 2,722 shareholders only have certificates that are not registered in CSCS!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 10:49am On Dec 04, 2007
Interesting piece on Globe Re

http://www.proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_articles.php?id=1341

If First Bnak is really buying inyo Globe RE, I expect them to get their license back. The NAICOM Chairman being a former MD of Globe Re, the current minister of State for finance being a former Executive Director of First Bank just makes this scenario plausible.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by steeviee(m): 11:03am On Dec 04, 2007
@ wanajo

good one. it makes me fill i'm not the only one in this. since u've gotten the Annual report does that mean u are a shareholder also undecided?

anyway pls more info about this. many thanks

@barge

i'll critically look at your suggestion. Is just that i'm kind of fed-up with the broker thing. they often give u a reason to change them.

Heard of PHB Asset mgt. what is ur take on that?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kevyngbash(m): 11:13am On Dec 04, 2007
cubesides:

If you are tired of losing money to scam sites out there, Secretmlm might suit for you!!
We've all been there. We invest into programs with visions of great fortunes dancing in our heads. Then once we are about to reach a cashout, the site owner takes the money and runs. We then have to scrape up some extra dough and start the process over again. Sigh!! These all going to change with Secretmlm.com !!

Secretmlm is the only opportunity Club that build teamwork worldwide to achieve the future of Financial Freedom for each member in an easy and exciting way. Financial Freedom will make you experience life with no financial worries.
As a Club member you will have your own website instantly just like this one with your own website address, Access to $5000+ worth of Digital Products + Money Making Bonus Scripts and the benefits to earn $209,725+ Every Half Year !!

INSTANT PAYMENT
Paid Instantly to Your E-gold Account
EgoldCashMaker

Fast Cash Worldwide Opportunity

http://www. secretmlm .com /members /covenantno3

or call me Ralph for more details about it , 08077585364

Na waooo. U get mind oo.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by model1780(m): 11:23am On Dec 04, 2007
wanaj0:

Interesting piece on Globe Re

http://www.proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_articles.php?id=1341

If First Bnak is really buying inyo Globe RE, I expect them to get their license back. The NAICOM Chairman being a former MD of Globe Re, the current minister of State for finance being a former Executive Director of First Bank just makes this scenario plausible.

Please which shares can one buy now if lookin @ a return of lik2 25% in the next 90 days?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by harrisoft(m): 11:25am On Dec 04, 2007
@all

pls can anybody tell me how to use this MEGAUPLOAD SITE to downloand
that my Oga Wanaj0 spreadsheet pls.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TRBOR3BO

or just send me the file: harrisoft  (at) yahoo.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 11:40am On Dec 04, 2007
@ All,

Read this carefully and ensure you have a firm control on your account with your broker.

IST orders Greenwich Trust to refund N40m to client
Chinedu Dike on 03 December, 2007

The Investment and Securities Tribunal (IST) Friday in Lagos ordered Greenwich Trust Ltd, a stockbroking firm to return the sum N40 million to Anthony Obidulu being share purchase fund he deposited with the company.
IST in its first sitting in Lagos since inception in 2002 also directed the firm to pay Obidulu 7 per cent interest on the principal sum from June 2006 to April 21, 2007. Another seven percent is awarded on the amount until the money is fully paid to Obidulu.

The operations of IST going by this judgement and others are said to be very positive developments that drive the capital market as it has the potential of strengthening investor confidence.

The Tribunal it will be recalled had ordered the refund of N61 million to Tony Ezenna, Chairman/CEO of Orange Drugs Limited, who was defrauded of N61 million by TKSL. But following the intervention of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), and other recovery efforts, and in line with a court ruling ordering that the investor be restituted, SEC last week made a full and final repayment of the lost money.

In its judgment, the Chairman of the Tribunal, Nnenna Orji on behalf of the seven other members of the tribunal ordered that Obidulu is entitle to another 7 per cent interest above the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) minimum policy rate (MPR) on his initial N40 million until his final restitution.

Orji in her 15 minutes judgement between the applicant Obidulu and three respondents, UACN property Development Company Plc, Greenwich Trust Ltd and UPDC Hotels Ltd asserted that the tribunal had jurisdiction over the suit because the transactions constitute investment business and dealing in securities.

The tribunal Chairman also uphold that the dispute between Greenwich Trust Ltd and Obidulu was a dispute between a capital market operator and its client under section 234(1) (e) of the investments and securities act (ISA).

Obidulu in his 39 statement of claim before IST urged the tribunal to order Greenwich Trust to refund his N40 million with 30 per cent interest being damages he suffered from his inconclusive bid to acquire the shares of UPDC Hotels Ltd through private placement

To enable him have a seat on the board of the hotel, a subsidiary of UACN property Development Company Plc.

He had averred that agents of Greenwich Trust Ltd who happened to be his financial advisers had in June 27, 2006 convinced him to buy N140 million of UPDC shares to enable him seat on the board of the hospitality company.

Obidulu said that against his earlier decision of acquiring Zenith bank shares, he paid N40 million as part payment of the shares at N1.40 per share.

He said that he dragged the Geenwich Trust Ltd, UACN and UPDC to the tribunal after the management of the trading conglomerates refused him a board seat on account of his limited educational qualifications and the shares of the hotel.

The business man claimed that the refusal of the UPDC to allot shares worth N40 million to him and the inability of Greenwich to refund his money caused him more than N10 million at N27 per share of Zenith Bank as at June 27, 2006.

He said that the claim of 30 per cent interest on N40 million as damages and additional N2 million as cost of litigation stemmed from the fact that the respondents had not only traded with the money but that it will cover cost of borrowing the money from banks.

The respondents had questioned the jurisdiction of the tribunal to entertain the case and urged IST to dismiss the case, award them N2.5 million as cost they incurred in defending the suit and a perpetual injunction restraining Obidulu from further claims.

Specify dates you want pruchases/sales made and the time period.

Ensure tht you are sent a copy of your deal/contract notes.

Register with CSCS for security alerts and verification of your securities online.

Your broker is never your friend, he makes money from you whether you make a profit or not. This is because he charges a fee.

Lastly, be firm in your actions and alwaays ensure you have documented evidences s far as possible eg, emails etc.

Happy Investing
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 11:57am On Dec 04, 2007
@cubesides

me thinks u're in the wrong forum mate!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 12:09pm On Dec 04, 2007
@ cubesides,

@cubesides

me thinks u're in the wrong forum mate!!

aktopgun is right, this forum only habours fundamentalist/ talibans and suicide bombers/quick returns.

Its plaining for the sock market.

advice you fly the e-gold kite somewhere bu you are invited to join our stock forum though.

NB you have not answered my questions

1 What about the different name Ralph from the Account Name which is Bola Aromokun

2 Why charge 135 per dollar when even at the black market, the dollar is shedding weight everyday. Within a week, it lost about 5 pounds, sorry naira.

Still waiting for your anticipated response.

Thanks grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 12:14pm On Dec 04, 2007
steeviee:

@ wanajo

good one. it makes me fill i'm not the only one in this. since u've gotten the Annual report does that mean u are a shareholder also undecided?

anyway please more info about this. many thanks

@barge

i'll critically look at your suggestion. Is just that i'm kind of fed-up with the broker thing. they often give u a reason to change them.

Heard of PHB Asset mgt. what is your take on that?

Yes bought NEM many years ago @ 0.60. Sold @ 90% of my holdings @ 0.90 and after qualifying for a rights issue of 3 for 1 @ 0.56 (that's why I don't sell ALL my holdings in a company). Took the rights and bought more NEM later @ 0.60. They did another rights issue last year but did not BUY because of lack of funds. Was buying UNIC and May and Baker that time.

While I love the swings, I am not fascinated with the fact that NEM has not paid dividend in ages. Though the merger with Vigilante is doing fine, not sure what the outstanding share figures are.

model1780:

Please which shares can one buy now if lookin @ a return of lik2 25% in the next 90 days?

Not able to help here. Capital market to me is for 'long' term. So if you use short term funds for long term investment you will have a mismatch.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 12:34pm On Dec 04, 2007
@bros wanajo

i holla!

question: when u say that u never sell all ur holdings in a company, is there a limit put on the number of shares one has left so as to qualify for the bonuses, annual reports etc?
i like the idea as usually the companies don't change too much for one to completely pull out (though this can happen, it is relatively rare )

what say u?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 12:49pm On Dec 04, 2007
aktopgun:

@bros wanajo

i holla!

question: when u say that u never sell all your holdings in a company, is there a limit put on the number of shares one has left so as to qualify for the bonuses, annual reports etc?
i like the idea as usually the companies don't change too much for one to completely pull out (though this can happen, it is relatively rare )

what say u?

Abeg, na the anouncement we all dey wait for. Anounce or get away grin grin grin How is madam?

In principle there is no limit. I however limit my own to 500 units. Funny thing is that those small 500 units over time may also grow to become BIG!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gonziiii(m): 1:01pm On Dec 04, 2007
can someone plz extend a hand of fellowship, kindly forward pumping's spreadsheet to me, ericelewa1@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.