Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,498 members, 7,819,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (814371 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 8:28pm On Jan 27, 2008
Hi wanajo,

I am interested in this facility if you do not mind.

It is close to the UBA share plus only one had to pay 2% mgt fee upfront, 40% equity contribution, and 17% interest per annum.

My email address is debenzd@yahoo.com.

Many thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 8:32pm On Jan 27, 2008
FatherOF2:

@ Wasky- Waja
I dey come. I go give you info. No fear at all. N40m no be money. I know my personal networth i dey trade am weekly, [size=15pt]HIGH BP [/size] no worry me for almost 5 years.
All d people when don make 3000% profit ,ask them how much them put inside,because of fear na N290,000 them put inside.
IF YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO MAKE A LOSS, YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO MAKE A PROFIT IN THE NSE.
Call your bank manager make e add N10m join am sef.
That's chicken change. I have seen someone trade 3 times that on intercontinental in a day.
I DEY COME. Just need to go urgently.
When did you say the loan will be ready again?.I'll check the thread on that day.

Father!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by donilors: 8:39pm On Jan 27, 2008
FatherOF2:

@ Prince11

I dey . Only i no go dey available small for some very strong business reasons.

@ Wasky- Waja

I dey come. I go give you info. No fear at all. N40m no be money. I know my personal networth i dey trade am weekly, [size=15pt]HIGH BP [/size] no worry me for almost 5 years.
  All d people when don make 3000% profit ,ask them how much them put inside,because of fear na N290,000 them put inside.
  IF YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO MAKE A LOSS, YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO MAKE A PROFIT IN THE NSE.
  That's chicken change. I have seen someone trade 3 times that on intercontinental in a day.
When did you say the loan will be ready again?.I'll check the thread on that day.

Guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Believe oooooooooo .This is tooo  gangsta!!!!!!!!!!!!

All things are achievable, u just have to believe.
FATHEROF2,
I Hail oooooo!!! If u can't dream u can't achieve. Thanks for opening up minds in here, say make we no too shake, say people dey do am,  them no be wintch,  and that we can do it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by charlimess: 8:48pm On Jan 27, 2008
hw d sunday?my peeps mke una no vex o,how una see dis acorn oil pp abeg
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by elemu(m): 8:50pm On Jan 27, 2008
kpineo:

Father!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BaaaaaaaaaBaaaaooooooooooo!!!! ,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 8:59pm On Jan 27, 2008
[/quote][quote author=FatherOF2 link=topic=31554.msg1893538#msg1893538 date=1201460728]
@ Prince11

@ Wasky- Waja

Fatherof2, you are very interesting. Life really does has it's risks but it also has it's rewards.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 8:59pm On Jan 27, 2008
FatherOF2:

@ Prince11

@ Wasky- Waja

softly softly. it goes without saying that we all invest in the NSE knowing its a risk. softly softly.
blanket statements are dangerous and frankly easy to make.
we all agree it is a BIG risk being taken by Mr 40m but as its been said time and time again previously, na im money and we all have different risk appetites based on our personalities. Mr 40m obviosly has big liver and its not fair to knock the fellas who put in N290,000 and made 3000%, that na the risk dem fit stomach. it doesn't mean they are any less of risk takers or investors.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by son5070: 9:03pm On Jan 27, 2008
@ Wasky- Waja

[quote][/quote]

No strings attached,know u re a well respected fellow on this thread with a lot of disciples,some of whom i know has'nt got brains,but NO WISE MAN comes out in the open FORUM to boast of how big his portfolio is or to say 40m no be money no matter how bouyant he/she is.He who has ears should hear!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by iconbull: 9:08pm On Jan 27, 2008
charlimess:

hw d sunday?my peeps mke una no vex o,how una see this acorn oil pp abeg

1. LOAD the prospectus so we can analyse it together 2. what is the companies website?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by iconbull: 9:16pm On Jan 27, 2008
@all
from my point of view, N40M is not a big deal, guys trade with bigger amount. the most paramount question should be , if the investor has the analytical skills and the emotional maturity in managing the outcome of his investment cool. if yes, let him be.and i think we should move on to other issues. we've dwelt on this 4 too long
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 9:18pm On Jan 27, 2008
Yeee! @ son5070, you wan tell us that father of 2 dey boast? Ha! Mo gbeoo

Well he may be speaking ironically, that is the way I thought it the time I read that post.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 9:20pm On Jan 27, 2008
invisible!:

Yeee! @ son5070, you wan tell us that father of 2 dey boast? Ha! Mo gbeoo

Well he may be speaking ironically, that is the way I thought it the time I read that post.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 9:23pm On Jan 27, 2008
iconbull:

@all
from my point of view, N40M is not a big deal, guys trade with bigger amount. the most paramount question should be , if the investor has the analytical skills and  the emotional maturity in managing the outcome of his investment cool. if yes, let him be.and i think we should move on to other issues. we've dwelt on this 4 too long

remember the golden rule, " i am my brother's keeper". anyway u do have a point sha. enough i think of OPM. cheesy

boring evening (yawn)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 9:24pm On Jan 27, 2008
Lest I forget, by implication son5070 was saying that the crowd following Father of 2 are a stupid, ignorant, senseless lot?

I no deyooo, they will chop you rawoooo
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 9:31pm On Jan 27, 2008
invisible!:

Lest I forget, by implication son5070 was saying that the crowd following Father of 2 are a stupid, ignorant, senseless lot?

getting intersting already!! cheesy
i bin no wan talk when i read the guys yabis for them, he basically just signed his death warrant ni sha! dem go descend on am big time, ol boy, u get bullet-proof?

only kidding mate, only kidding!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by son5070: 9:35pm On Jan 27, 2008
invisible!:

My Guy,that's the way you chose to understand it,i ve learnt a lot from so many people on this thread including Father of 2,but that would not prevent me from saying my mind.I know d great minds understand what i mean by that post.No too much talks!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by son5070: 9:39pm On Jan 27, 2008
aktopgun:

getting intersting already!! cheesy
i bin no wan talk when i read the guys yabis for them, he basically just signed his death warrant ni sha! them go descend on am big time, ol boy, u get bullet-proof?

only kidding mate, only kidding!
As i said in the post,it only the few brainless ones that will tend to understand it that way.Its only a fool who will invest in a stock just cos someone said so.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 9:40pm On Jan 27, 2008
thank y'all for cheering me up.

adios and goodnight.

lets talk money in the morning
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bivins1(m): 9:46pm On Jan 27, 2008
AKTOPGUN
HOW IS TOBE?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by iconbull: 9:48pm On Jan 27, 2008
son5070:

No strings attached,know u re a well respected fellow on this thread with a lot of disciples,some of whom i know has'nt got brains,but NO WISE MAN comes out in the open FORUM to boast of how big his portfolio is or to say 40m no be money no matter how bouyant he/she is.He who has ears should hear!

u this son5070 or wetin u call urself? mind the way u address fatherof2 "patron-saint-of-short termers" or else u will never enjoy your stay on this thread.learn from the error of one big mouthed "detruth" who tried somting similar to wat u are doing now. He who has ears should hear!  grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 10:04pm On Jan 27, 2008
@son5070

You no go fit yab FatherOf2 like that for here o!!!!! shocked

apologise , sharp sharp,

Some people really try hard to make this thread what it is , and deserve a bit of respect for it, so do the right thing,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by CRonaldo2: 10:12pm On Jan 27, 2008
@son5070
One word to describe your post ENVY. According to you "NO WISE MAN comes out in the open FORUM to boast of how big his portfolio is " So where do WISE MEN like you boast of their portfolio? CHURCH or MOSQUE??

As far as I'm concern, this is a faceless forum and anything I read here could only serve as motivation.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bivins1(m): 10:16pm On Jan 27, 2008
@ Wasky- Waja

I dey come. I go give you info. No fear at all. N40m no be money. I know my personal networth i dey trade am weekly, HIGH BP no worry me for almost 5 years.

@ son5070
well before we start a war here, lets try and be careful with our words. I think there is miscommunication here . I am not trying to defend anybody here  but i think father of 2 was trying to do was to ginger up wasky waja confidence
I know a lot of people who say how much they are worth here when they are trying to prove a point not necessarily because they want you to be intimidated but for you to say people have got no brain doesnt make u clever either. we are all here to make money and use collective ideas to achieve our aim  and icon bull you have no right to threaten anybody
nobody is preventing anybody from speaking his mind but lets respect each other
I know we have a lot of wonderful people on this forum from wanajo to father of 2 from pumping to windywendy
each has got its unique style of doing things and we must learn to appreciate and tolerate things
I do not think its clever to describe people as brainless. if one man had the monopoly of knowledge, am sure most of us will not be coming here.
a word is enough for the wise
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 10:22pm On Jan 27, 2008
With all the bad news and negative press cadbury has been getting of late, I feel the dust is about to settle and the company may start rebuilding its battered image.

Is it time to approach cadbury?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by orisebawo(m): 10:24pm On Jan 27, 2008
ANY ADVISE PLEASE

I need your advice, Last year I participated in the First bank PO through the UBA shareplus scheme and i applied for N10m worth of share, last week i was told FB returned N8.3m, i need your advise on how best to use this funds for maximum profit mainly within the banks as i am restricted in the type of shares that can be bought by the UBA stockbrokers.

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 10:31pm On Jan 27, 2008
You had 8.3m returned after how many months? LOANS!
And to think you took the loan for about a year, how many more months do you have to pay back? LOANS!

And somebody wants to také 40 heavy ones?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by iconbull: 10:32pm On Jan 27, 2008
invisible!:

With all the bad news and negative press cadbury has been getting of late, I feel the dust is about to settle and the company may start rebuilding its battered image.

Is it time to approach cadbury?

an investment club friend of mine is a top staff there. i asked him this same qst and he told me to hold on till late/3rd qtr 2008.i guess that helps. i will be on the front seat of the ikeja hotel flight tommorow, good nite.

N:B. we've not nominated the captain or should we settle for u grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 10:36pm On Jan 27, 2008
@ iconbull, no I would not make a good pilot, I will exit too soon from that flight, I will duck if it gets to 8.00.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by orisebawo(m): 10:44pm On Jan 27, 2008
@invisible,

I have till july to pay back the N8.3m loan and have the option of extending it for another year @17% interest.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Surprises: 10:59pm On Jan 27, 2008
Gentlemen on this Forum,

Yes in our communication here, the key word should RESPECT, yes mutual respect will help.  The gurus here and indeed all, want to help, they could keep the skills and knowledge with them.  Wanajo, Fatherof2, Wendy (our Queen), Peace, Pumping, Roughcut, Akt, easimoni, Risky, etc have and indeed many others time and space will fail me to mention here hve put life to this thread.  If Fatherof2 never wanted to benefit from his stock picks or methods to the N40m guy he could simply ask for his email address and discuss with him, but I guess he wants us to also see where he is coming, why he feels no one should be intimidated by N40m.  If we continue to succeed in this NSE game, in the nearest future, N40m will be nothing to risk.  Now that the guy is going for a one year negotiation let it be.  Many of only feared that SIX MONTHS is too short not necessarily that N40m is TOO BIG.

Wanajo said it all, it is loan terms and conditions that do not seem in our opinion to help the whole venture.  That said, let's get it going.  

Can we discuss how the December 2008 bank uniform report date will begin to affect bank stock prices now.  This is important so that even for those taking loans though not necessarily up to the N40m can begin to see the future from the different contributions.

The implication of this new accounting year end for banks is somewhat great in the short term.  UBA will not declare year end result until after this time in 2009, also with Oceanic and Skye bank. Could some investors not have factored this, going by the behaviour and misbehaviour of the stock price?  First bank will only report 9 months result this year (will there be dividend, how much and how will the uninformed react to it), Diamond bank which we are saying is under-valued now will report for only 8 months and so forth.  Is 2008 really a good year for bank stocks?  If not, which sector holds the ACE this year?

Thanks to the guy who introduced the N40m loan "topic", I must commend him, I see him as a guy with great sense of maturity, he never for once picked words in isolation and got angry with anyone. We all need such spirit on this FORUM.  And please let that be.  Good night to ya all smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Surprises: 11:06pm On Jan 27, 2008
Gentlemen on this Forum,

Yes in our communication here, the key word should be RESPECT, yes mutual respect will help.  The gurus here and indeed all, want to help, they could keep the skills and knowledge with them.  Wanajo, Fatherof2, Wendy (our Queen), Peace, Pumping, Roughcut, Akt, easimoni, Risky, etc have and indeed many others time and space will fail me to mention here, we will agree, have put life to this thread.  If Fatherof2 never wanted members of this forum to benefit from his stock picks or methods to the N40m guy he could simply ask for his email address and discuss with him, but I guess he wants us to also see where he is coming, why he feels no one should be intimidated by N40m hence he came out openly to create time out of his busy schedule to suggest ways out of the situation. We may end up learning one or two things.  If we continue to succeed in this NSE game, in the nearest future, N40m will be nothing to risk.  Now that the guy is going for a one year negotiation let it be.  Many of us only feared that SIX MONTHS is too short not necessarily that N40m is TOO BIG.

Wanajo said it all, it is the loan terms and conditions that do not seem in our opinion to help the whole venture and also the time frame.  That said, let's get it going.  

Can we discuss how the December 2008 bank uniform reporting date will begin to affect bank stock prices in the short term. Again how widespread is the awareness of such developments.  This is important so that even for those taking loans (though not necessarily up to the N40m) can begin to see the future from the different contributions.

In my own opinion, the implication of this new accounting year end for banks is somewhat great in the short term.  UBA will not declare year end result until after this time in 2009, also with Oceanic and Skye bank. Could some investors not have factored this, going by the behaviour and misbehaviour of the stock price?  First bank will only report 9 months result this year (will there be dividend, how much and how will the uninformed react to it), Diamond bank which we are saying is under-valued now will report for only 8 months and so forth.  Is 2008 really a good year for bank stocks?  If not, which sector holds the ACE this year?

Thanks to the guy who introduced the N40m loan "topic", I must commend him, I see him as a guy with great sense of maturity, he never for once picked words in isolation and got angry with anyone. We all need such spirit on this FORUM.  And please let that be.  Good night to ya all smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by WASKYWAJA: 11:18pm On Jan 27, 2008
hi guys

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.