Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,621 members, 7,840,476 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (610) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (817309 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tkb417(m): 6:26pm On Mar 06, 2008
You no no even need any force to open any door .At least as i dey look now door don already open for one wey begin with "B" as Naijadr talk am before and another one wey begin with "V" Na sweet dreams be thatvery good clue.

I just need to see the blood for floor before i pounce. Dagger don go in but blood never commot

u see una. . .because u know say the silent readers dey, una no wan talk
i bind all forces wey dey seal una mouth grin grin

@windy
madam, i see say no be only CICO u sabi analyse

i don sell my afprint and livetock sharp make my spreadsheet profit no disappear as RoughCut predicted this morning. I made about 32% on Livestock and more on Afprint.
modupe grin.

Conoil is still growing, means more profits, Dunlop( may it never drop o cos i dey pray say make the thing reach 7.50k) i bought it for 5.00.

First alum no go fit drop lailai cos the thing scarce grin grin
money just dey show. .chei!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 6:28pm On Mar 06, 2008
RoughCut:

As it happens VITAFOAM has a forward PE of ~12.5. Na F02 come point me in the direction of the stock last December in anticipation of the expected action for FYE  Sep '07 and boy did they do well?. I don CICO one time na re-entry i dey plan now

Are you sure about this? What basis did you use for the PAT? The trailing PE is around 41.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 6:28pm On Mar 06, 2008
Naijadr:

RoughCut this ya V boot wey u mention, na tokunbo abi locally used, make i check price o tongue

@all, UBA Daily Stock Bid Attached

Na locally used o but î need to wait a few more days so the locally used  go come dey very affordable grin grin grin grin grin

If na tokunbo dat one go dey expensive o cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 6:33pm On Mar 06, 2008
tkb417:

@windy
madam, i see say no be only CICO u sabi analyse

i don sell my afprint and livetock sharp make my spreadsheet profit no disappear as RoughCut predicted this morning. I made about 32% on Livestock and more on Afprint.
modupe grin.

Hahaha! you don return from that other side cheesy Oya o, make you no forget my own cut from that profit wey you make o. My address na: northpole. Postcode: 90210 cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tkb417(m): 6:37pm On Mar 06, 2008
@RoughCut
abegggii noww, wetin be the B wey the blood they gush out now?
i want to use my livestock and afprint dough to buy

i dont understand this coding o.

@Windy
. . .ahem. . . e be like say money no go fit reach that address wey u give grin grin
thanks for ur timely info sha.
and to all the gurus.
me i just dey receive silently grin grin grin
some no even wan talk again sef grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 6:39pm On Mar 06, 2008
An old man was sitting on a bench at the mall. A young man walked up to
the bench and sat down. He had spiked hair in all different colors:
green, red, orange, blue, and yellow. The old man just stared. Every
time the young man looked, the old man was staring. The young man
finally said sarcastically, "What's the matter old-timer? Never done
anything wild in your life?" Without batting an eye, the old man
replied, "Got drunk once and had sex with a peacock. I was just
wondering if you were my son."
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tkb417(m): 6:43pm On Mar 06, 2008
An old man was sitting on a bench at the mall. A young man walked up to
the bench and sat down. He had spiked hair in all different colors:
green, red, orange, blue, and yellow. The old man just stared. Every
time the young man looked, the old man was staring. The young man
finally said sarcastically, "What's the matter old-timer? Never done
anything wild in your life?" Without batting an eye, the old man
replied, "Got drunk once and had sex with a peacock. I was just
wondering if you were my son."
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 6:44pm On Mar 06, 2008
TkB why are you berging to know what the B is?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 6:45pm On Mar 06, 2008
pumping777:

Are you sure about this? What basis did you use for the PAT? The trailing PE is around 41.

Infact the current PE is 25 not even 41 and forward PE at current price is ~15 this is because i have been conservative with the expected PAT growth rate.

FYE '07 PAT was N439M and 800M shares listed. They actually increased FY PAT by 128% so i have assumed a PAT growth rate of 60% if i had used 100% that would been a PE of ~12. All of a suden its looking good in my spreadsheet.

Not sure about bonus sha!They didnt actually give a bonus they doled out a 25K dividend
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 6:47pm On Mar 06, 2008
Mandillas building collapses in Lagos.No more shoe market
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tkb417(m): 6:49pm On Mar 06, 2008
TkB why are you berging to know what the B is?
oga, its becos i do not know. .
based on ur analysis, i can enter and do a sharp one
abi what do u think o?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 6:51pm On Mar 06, 2008
RoughCut:

Infact the current PE is 25 not even 41 and forward PE at current price is ~15 this is because i have been conservative with the expected PAT growth rate.

FYE '07 PAT was N439M and 800M shares listed. They actually increased FY PAT by 128% so i have assumed a PAT growth rate of 60% if i had used 100% that would been a PE of ~12. All of a suden its looking good in my spreadsheet.

Not sure about bonus sha!

Thanks man. I was behind. My trailing PE was based on 2006 results. I don't know how I did not update my spreadsheeet with the 2007 results even though I have it.  I hear you well well. To think this stock was gyrating at N10 for so long. I need spanking  angry angry

Well, now that I know lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 6:52pm On Mar 06, 2008
blueband:

Mandillas building collapses in Lagos.No more shoe market

I thought this was a planned demolition?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 6:57pm On Mar 06, 2008
pumping777:

Well, now that I know lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

You can see clearly now grin grin grin grin grin grin

Actually its looking good for CICO and Medium-term. On both counts it passed with flying colours i just need to wait to shed some more,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 6:57pm On Mar 06, 2008
It just struck me that its only disunited fans and assenal peeps that are always talking on this forum, but lets all stand up and give a standing ovation to the 'real' wonder boys of our time!

Lets us pleeeeeease stand up for the real true undiluted 'blues' the soccer 'gods' the only guys in the world that plays 'business football' we are not there to dribble and brag about the pitch with confused strikers, we score goals only, no matter how 'crude' the scramble may be, talk about solid midfielders, strong like 'chin chin' (Essien) and the rest of the performance oriented big wigs, are you guys not homing in to these wondermen by now?

All rise and clap for CHELSEA, the true champions elect, clap, clap, clap, clap, year all can now sit down and lets discuss stocks and shares.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lawalidowu(m): 6:58pm On Mar 06, 2008
@ ROUGHCUT AND AKTOPGUN

ABEG HELP ME TELL PUMPING SAY I MAIL AM.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 6:59pm On Mar 06, 2008
Pumping person say make I tell you say him mail you from Naija.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 6:59pm On Mar 06, 2008
invisible!:

All rise and clap for CHELSEA, the true champions elect, clap, clap, clap, clap, year all can now sit down and lets discuss stocks and shares.
You are the only one doing the clapping cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 7:01pm On Mar 06, 2008
@Pumping777

Someone say make i tell you he don e-mail you. He wan make you pump some info him direction
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by faketan(m): 7:01pm On Mar 06, 2008
Pumping, triple what are you going for?

I guess u meant tripple 7 grin grin
U can make do with FA
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tkb417(m): 7:06pm On Mar 06, 2008
@Invisible
abeg make we hear word?
na today? glory hunters grin grin

ur coach couldnt beat Ramos in a cup final and ure here celebrating victory over Olympiacos. na wa o. U wan be like Gaynners wey dey celebrate unbeaten runs?

go siddon

United 4 life
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 7:06pm On Mar 06, 2008
He be like say Oand O don enter 'yawa' with imported fuel contaminated with too much ethanol. Hmnn wonder what that would do for the sky-rocketing share price

http://allafrica.com/stories/200803060475.html
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:08pm On Mar 06, 2008
lawalidowu:

@ ROUGHCUT AND AKTOPGUN

ABEG HELP ME TELL PUMPING SAY I MAIL AM.

I don reply some hours ago abi u no come get am?  No new mail from you in my box.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by orisebawo(m): 7:08pm On Mar 06, 2008
COMPANY QUANTITY COST PRICE CURRENT PRICE PROFIT PER UNIT

FBN 51,515 33 50 17
GTB 100,000 33 39 6
GTB 30,000 34 39 6
GTB 50,000 34 39 6
DIAMOND 15,000 22 22 -0
UBA 25,000 49 50 1
DIAMOND 45,000 23 22 -1

Please can someone tell me if this portfolio looks healthy, this is what i invested in  after FBN returned N8.3, i need to return N7m including interest to UBA by July and i hope to atleast double my stake (N4m) before then.The major problem is that i am restricted to only 21 Stocks.

Access Bank
Ashaka Cement
Chevron Nigeria Plc
Diamond Bank
Ecobank Plc
First Bank Plc
Flour Mills
Glaxosmithkline
GTBank
lBTCChartered
Intercontinental Bank Plc
Mobil
Nestle
Nigeria Breweries Plc
Pz
Total Nigeria Plc
UBA
Unilever
Union Bank
WAPCO
Zenith Bank
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mastermove: 7:10pm On Mar 06, 2008
can s/one ple tell me £ exchange rate for NAIRA
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lawalidowu(m): 7:13pm On Mar 06, 2008
@ pumping, i never see am o! u fit gimme clue here so i go kno wetin in b.
wetin b d initials of d 1s u pick?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 7:13pm On Mar 06, 2008
234 in Woolwich
228 UBAremit
229 BankPHB online
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:16pm On Mar 06, 2008
lawalidowu:

@ pumping, i never see am o! u fit gimme clue here so i go kno wetin in b.
wetin b d initials of d 1s u pick?

I don send am again.

Na only the one wey start with M I go recommend. It is still on net offer so make you see if he go move go down again. TS na anoda consideration. It could be the reason for the weight loss.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stocknrock: 7:17pm On Mar 06, 2008
Hmmmm.

Wetin make I even talk for this forum sef

I dey vex for ma broker gan o, as e don make me lose out on many opportunities especially oando and eternaoil wey I bin talk say make him buy for me, only to dey hear unavailable for 5 days until the stocks don enter where e be now o!

Well as e come take be I no be first time poster o! I jus change my name so I go fit talk freely

Na stocks and rock be ma best topics nowadays if you know me well, try your luck grin grin grin grin

E be like say B and V don present buyin opportunity for quick CICO, but B go dey very shaky gan becos of TS wey e be like say dem dey plan.

back to english IS IT ONLY ME OR IS nigeriansecurities not opening well? I am tryin to open the portfolio expert and their technician paralysis delour but e no dey open o!

Abeg if you get the same problem, abeg post am for here o!.

Aunty Windy, ma precious Wendy, abeg apart from B and V you fit suggest CICO, wetin u think about that 1st Alum sef? ehn?

Make we quick rub minds before tomorrow.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lawalidowu(m): 7:20pm On Mar 06, 2008
@ PUMPING
e be like say na ur kin name dey carry am go bulk. thanks anyway. RECIEVED
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tkb417(m): 7:21pm On Mar 06, 2008
Aunty Windy, ma precious Wendy, abeg apart from B and V you fit suggest CICO, wetin u think about that 1st Alum sef? ehn?
if ur broker couldnt get Etherna, i dont know how he will do the first alum. i bought about 100kg few weeks back and im schocked to see how the thing dey gallop

maybe u go fit enter when some itchy fingers go wan sell. as for me and my house, i never see sell button for my radar. .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 7:31pm On Mar 06, 2008
orisebawo:

COMPANY QUANTITY COST PRICE CURRENT PRICE PROFIT PER UNIT

FBN 51,515 33 50 17
GTB 100,000 33 39 6
GTB 30,000 34 39 6
GTB 50,000 34 39 6
DIAMOND 15,000 22 22 -0
UBA 25,000 49 50 1
DIAMOND 45,000 23 22 -1

Please can someone tell me if this portfolio looks healthy, this is what i invested in  after FBN returned N8.3, i need to return N7m including interest to UBA by July and i hope to atleast double my stake (N4m) before then.The major problem is that i am restricted to only 21 Stocks.

Access Bank
Ashaka Cement
Chevron Nigeria Plc
Diamond Bank
Ecobank Plc
First Bank Plc
Flour Mills
Glaxosmithkline
GTBank
lBTCChartered
Intercontinental Bank Plc
Mobil
Nestle
Nigeria Breweries Plc
Pz
Total Nigeria Plc
UBA
Unilever
Union Bank
WAPCO
Zenith Bank

Hmnn from a very rough estimate you have made about N1.9M in profits. The sell candidates in your portfolio would have been Diamond and UBA but if you do you will actually make a loss after commission and charges and you don't actually have the time. They are medium-long term stocks . GTB will do well anyway.

The only stock on that list i can recommend is NB they are doing very well but its got a fairly high nominal value but if you don't mind you fit enter and hopefully they do well again for Q1 due in March but don't expect results until May so you can lock in your profits just before then.

Unfortunately there are no CICO stocks in that list  and i would be reluctant to recommend you do CICO considering you are using leveraged funds.

The problem with UBA Shareplus loan is that the costs are excessive i'm assuming this is the facility you got and i think it comes with 17% interest and then a 5% adm fee or something like that which you have to pay upfront.

Next time don't take a margin facility that restricts your choice of stocks.

Not sure i need to add the usual CAVEAT EMPTY if you don't make money on NB then may be you need to go and do something else

All the best!

(1) (2) (3) ... (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.