Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,809 members, 7,837,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (635) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (816977 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by emotimi: 4:44am On Mar 11, 2008
igetwicked:

Seriously Greentree when I posted earlier on that you should go back to the tree you came down from,I thought it was meant to be a joke.But now I am dead serious.

Did you say you have a wife?Na waoh!I weep for her. cry cry cry cry

I want to safely assume you are not a doctor,so to be recommending someone to The Maudsley it means you must have a bed there.Who unchained you?I remember the story of "Alaye" who came to London,plaited his hair,wore ear rings but everytime he opened his mouth he pronounced "HOUSE" as "OUSE","HI" as "I","EVERYBODY" as "HEVERYBODY".And there are still many of them in London,eg-Greentree.From your posts it is very obvious you don't belong "ERE".

Find your level Greentree and before I forget ,say "I" to your wife.

All,

I am appealing to all that have been offended by one statement or the other to forgive and forget and let's focus on the main reason we are all glued to our screens for hours. Seun's motive for initiating and creating this great platform will be defeated if this abusive trend is not discontinued. Let's all work toward making the time spent in this forum a worthwhile one, by limiting our postings to Stock related and other non offensive statements.

Thanks all, for your ingenuous contributions.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 5:15am On Mar 11, 2008
@ACL
,u want PO vaccination, hahaha,
well only one person with proper information, and that is @AKTOPGUN, THE UNITED MAN. grin

@Aktopgun,
am also a fan grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by AbuMaryam1(m): 5:42am On Mar 11, 2008
@yodiyokun
To read more on CANDLESTICK pattern try chartfilter.com and marketscreen.com

@ Aktopgun
Is like i missed something on intenegins, i look at it a good buy, by the way i will luk at the trend very well.
Please shade more light to me on CORNEST am about to commit suicide

@father of 2
Is getting too long your disciples are thirsty. Please say sometn 2morrow is wednesday.

@ll
Any bird u hear singing, he did not just exhibit it but he learn it from their house.
So lets be good ambassadors of our families, cultures, tradition and religion. Lets not allowed our angers to drive us, we need to learn how to control our angers.
please i dont mean to hurt anybody on my statements rather to remind us we're people from responsible family we need to respect each other regardless of our diffrences. May God bless all of you.
Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bivins1(m): 6:58am On Mar 11, 2008
Distinguished ladies and Gentlemen,
I dont write much but i read everything on this forum. It doesnt make me a silent reader. I dont contribute enough because i am still trying to grapple enough information about the stock market . I have been reading a lot of books and educating myself and gradually getting some knowledge so that explains why i dont post much. its better to keep quiet than to vomit garbage
However recent happenings in this forum has got me thinking. I think if we look at the people formenting trouble, its those people who just started posting. I remember one who introduced herself by picking up a fight with mamaore .
Like it has been widely acknowledged we come from a people with culture and our "gragra or gbagbati" is not measured by how much down our jeans is dangling from our waist. we should consider ourselves privileged to have people like AKTOPGUN who is a distinguished medical practitioner and still has time to explain things to us, Engineer pumping who will never eat alone (and never walk alone too) Father wanajo despite all his wisdom has so much humility ,windy wendy the mother of this forum, grabdaloot the man who introduced us to RSI ,Easimoni who is as easy going and forever willing to share, father of 2 who was an icon here but all of a sudden has decided to become a sunday sunday pastor and the fieldmarshall of this forum Elder Napoleaon who showed us investing from another dimension. I have not left iomah our own version of i go die of stock market . However if you notice one thing in all these people i have mentioned or failed to mention , a lot of things are common, mutual respect, intelligence, sacrifice, patience and peseverance . this is what we should all try and imbibe instead of trying to cause unnecesary discord .
the sole aim of everybody here is to make money and also we are making connections. It may be a faceless forum but i speak with a lot of people here on the forum so please let stop all his "casala" and move on. if you fall into the trap of wanting to reply all post, nobody will know who the fool is . silence is golden sometimes
Blueband, i think Oga pumping himself don say make you no go. if you go you go see wetin i go do you. do you know how well you are liked in this forum? do you know you have brothers and sisters you dont even know in this forum? you cant just walk out like that and make sure you write back after reading this sermon on the mount.
Please in the name of God , let bury the hatchet and move on . Afterall where is the agreement if we dont have disagreements. p lease brothers and sister lets forget and like i said , our primary purpose here is to make a better life and get to know each other
Let cooluuuuuu temper i beg you all. I am down on bended knees like boys2 men. I beg una make we no vex again
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 7:29am On Mar 11, 2008
Please, when is the year end of Ikeja hotels, anyone?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Dividends(m): 7:48am On Mar 11, 2008
@ greentree, thanks very much. Pls I am still new to this stock market biz. What do U say about d Kajola? Should I invest in it? Can I get it from my Stockbroker?
@ Prince11: I bought Japaul Oil at 9.68, is this a good time to offload?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 11, 2008
ibtc marketwatch/stockwatch

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 8:47am On Mar 11, 2008
@all the gurus
I got the Daar communications public offer form and their dividend forecast are as follows:
2008-31 kobo
2009-38 kobo
2010-50kobo

From that, i think it might be good considering that dangote paid 35kobo on an 18 naira stock

Plus i saw two different offers for Daar communications and Daar invetsments and holding

What does that mean?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gabza: 8:49am On Mar 11, 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by orisebawo(m): 8:58am On Mar 11, 2008
invisible!:

Please, when is the year end of Ikeja hotels, anyone?

I think it is the 31st of December (i saw it in an article)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 9:09am On Mar 11, 2008
cheexy:

@all the gurus
I got the Daar communications public offer form and their dividend forecast are as follows:
2008-31 kobo
2009-38 kobo
2010-50kobo

From that, i think it might be good considering that dangote paid 35kobo on an 18 naira stock

Plus i saw two different offers for Daar communications and Daar invetsments and holding

What does that mean?

Not interested in the DAAR offer.

Now you have the IPO and the offer for sale. From the IPO the company is raising money for expansion/pay off debts. From the offer for sale, Dokpesi is making money for himself!!! Just like Dangote sold some of his shares in the Sugar refinery and the flour company.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by harrisoft(m): 9:15am On Mar 11, 2008
@ all
I think we should also talk to the so call elders too. For the past 639 pages who has ever asked for apology for a joke, that is where this all started from.

Apology for a joke is not mutual respect neither is Cheeky (naughty) proper word from a so call elder.

@ Gabza, Igetwicked, Blueband
I will just say please forgive all these so call elders and let move on. Nap is a Proud Old Daddy, read his post you see arrogant in every statement and people in this forum are afraid to tell him the truth instead they sign his praises, hoping to get info from him. If he has what ever he thinks he has not in this thread, it is in his house/family, this is not PDP non Elders forum of Politicians (He has not contributed one kobo to my account like Fatherof2 that double it within 3 months).

@ Greentree
I understand your feeling (Annoyance/Revenge) but you see you have over do it and you remind me of two people “IWEREBOR” AND “ FLAKYY”.

@ Fatherof2
You saw this coming; I remember you post about this new personality.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jandbaby: 9:21am On Mar 11, 2008
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by GBGHOSTBOY: 9:21am On Mar 11, 2008
I think Napoleon has deleted the entire messages he posted on naira land. I tried to read his previous post but deleted. I guess he retired already from this forum… Hope we will learn a good lesson from this ugly situation that occurred in here. He was willing to teach a lot of folks here what they don’t know and help them grow by educating and contribute his knowledge; still we failed to recognize the great opportunities we have in hand. Let us grow and never to allow this situation occur anymore.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 9:27am On Mar 11, 2008
@wanajo,
so wat say yeah on daar, u say no right.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by damoche07(m): 9:27am On Mar 11, 2008
Egbon Wanajo,u are there.I just finished catching up on the last few pages.Its saddening.So saddening what this my second home has turned into.

To further help boost the peace coming back to this treasured thread, i have decided to obamanise,copy, i mean some jokes from the jokes section cortesy of Sam Milla

Here they are;

Little DAVID comes home from first grade and tells his father that they learned about the history of Valentine's Day.

"Since Valentine's Day is for a Christian saint and we're Jewish," he asks, "will God get mad at me for giving someone a valentine?"

His father thinks a bit, then says, "No, I don't think God would get mad. Who do you want to give a valentine to?"

"Osama bin Laden," David says.

"Why Osama bin Laden," his father asks in shock.

"Well," Josh says, "I thought that if a little American Jewish boy could have enough love to give Osama a valentine, he might start to think that maybe we're not all bad, and maybe start loving people a little bit. And if other kids saw what I did and sent valentines to Osama, he'd love everyone a lot. And then he'd start going all over the place to tell everyone how much he loved them and how he didn't hate anyone anymore."

His father's heart swells and he looks at his boy with newfound pride. "DAVID, that's the most wonderful thing I've ever heard."

"I know," DAVID says, "and once that gets him out in the open, the ARMY could blow the shit out of him."

There was a party that many rich people attended. The host had recently built a tank with many alligators, paranas, and many other things that could kill you. The host said that if anyone could swim across the tank, he would, to the best of his ability, grant them 3 wishes.

Well, nobody was up to the challenge, so everyone just started having a good time and doing that "party thing."

Suddenly, there was this big splash! The host looked and saw a man swimming to beat hell across the tank, and, look and behold, he made it!

The host walked over to the man and said, "Alright, you made it, WOW!. What are your 3 wishes?" The man replied, "First, you see that shotgun of yours? give it to me , Two, see those bullets over there? give me them, 3, show me the bastard who pushed me into that pool."  tongue cool

Two Arabs boarded a flight out of London. One took a window seat and the other sat next to him in the middle seat. Just before takeoff, an American sat down in the aisle seat.

After takeoff, the American kicked his shoes off, wiggled his toes and was settling in when the Arab in the window seat said,"I need to get up and get a beer".

"Don't get up," said the American, "I'm in the aisle seat. I'll get it for you".

As soon as he left, one of the Arabs picked up the American's shoe and spat in it. When he returned with the beer, the other Arab said, "That looks good, I'd really like one, too". Again, the American obligingly went to fetch it.

While he was gone the other Arab picked up his other shoe and spat in it too. When the American returned, they all sat back and enjoyed the flight.

As the plane was landing, the American slipped his feet into his shoes and knew immediately what had happened.

"Why does it have to be this way?" he asked. "How long must this go on? This fighting between our nations? This hatred? This animosity? This spitting in shoes,  pissing in beers?" wink wink wink wink tongue

Hopes this helps.Got to go back to work.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 9:31am On Mar 11, 2008
At the rate at which people continue to post negative things on these forum, we are likely to see an emigration of the real people who make this thread what it is.

So, I have decided to have a back-up plan as I really will like to keep in touch with certain gurus here,  !!,  don't pretend like you haven't got my mail and don't ask me how I got to know your e-mail !!, Wanajo, Fatherof2, Windywendy, Yodiyokun, Pumping (not the fake one o !), Aktopgun, Easimoni, Elder Napo,, et all, (thats not all Oh, ), no vex if I miss you on the list abeg !, the only way you go take no say na me , ere_mak at yahoo

I hope I will not have to, but who knows?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 9:35am On Mar 11, 2008
nkc:

@wanajo,
so what say yeah on daar, u say no right.

We are different people with different objective and investment profile.

For me DAAR does not fit into my investment plan. That does not mean that it is not good for you. It also does not mean that you will not make money from it. However, for someone like me, buying DAAR will take more than a miracle.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dammybee(f): 9:37am On Mar 11, 2008
:p embarassed :-x
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 9:50am On Mar 11, 2008
wanaj0:

We are different people with different objective and investment profile.

For me DAAR does not fit into my investment plan. That does not mean that it is not good for you. It also does not mean that you will not make money from it. However, for someone like me, buying DAAR will take more than a miracle.

thank u sir, but considering d fact of dis oversubsciprtion of a thing, i might allow dis pass and cue up when its listed, thank u again wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by iconbull: 10:01am On Mar 11, 2008
@ALL

it seems some folks who just joined this thread are determined to destroy it! this is not the nairaland i used to know, in the past we used to disagree but we always find a convergence point. and we always find a way to shut down some rude newbies like detruth etc. but the turn of event is disturbing. let me declare that if u contribute to the fall of this thread, posterity will never forgive you. because a lot of pips like me still have a lot of benefits to reap here.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ernal(m): 10:02am On Mar 11, 2008
Hmmmm, Na so Nija start way everybody dey point fingers ,dey collect foes and friends, Na wa sha O, which kind human being God create us sef for this Nija, well honestly i think some people have never had a chnace to be on a real forumn,well seun see the katakata way u cause,well i think we should all cool it,nothing to be angry about,whether u be Sir,Knights,Duke,Bishop,Oluwo or u can be a bloody me, this is a forumn,lets just be civilized and creat a better image,

Seun,i suggest you make this stock forumn place encrypted and also have some people post knocked out,we fit yan if u get time,if possible make people come dey use their interswitch pay before them get access to this forumn shocked,then i think some sanity will return, but if this goes too far,personally i will knock off this website for good. shocked( o fe loun)

I believe in Nija,so lets be civilised.Nija o ni baje,Nairaland o ni baje

www.newnigeriaclub.net
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 10:17am On Mar 11, 2008
na wa, why are we still dragging this 2 days later!! back to the NSE! whats up for today?

abeg where is Rough Cut jare, oga u still dey see COSTAIN, today na at least N63 oh, looks like we can comfortably get out aroung N70ish o grin

I hope Niwi doesnt drop too much today sha, but its all good, in for long haul

Abc is still making its climb, hoping to get at least 50% before getting out of this one sha, at this rate man pikin fit get close to 100% sef.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by orisebawo(m): 10:18am On Mar 11, 2008
@fo2/wanajo/pumping/yodi/aktopgun
what projections do u expect for okomuoil and utc in the next 2 months
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 10:21am On Mar 11, 2008
@ ghostboy,
it is sad that napoloen has deleted his pages,but i did not loose any,cause i saved most of his messages.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 10:55am On Mar 11, 2008
@fo2, wanaj0, pumping777, Yodi, Aktopgun, Windy Wendy et al

Good morning to you all, please can I have your saying in this my decision?
I just withdraw my purchasing order for BIG TREAT this morning and I want to put the money back into any of these companies;                 
                 NIWICABLE, NASCON, BERGER PAINT and or increase my stake at UNIC INS.

So which of this stock should I unleash my dragon on  Caveat Emptor seriously observed  grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aftadocean: 11:13am On Mar 11, 2008
Hello All,

Pleaseeeeee in the name of God, don't back out!!!! Abeg for the sake of we learners, please stay on this thread. Since the beginning of this year, the first thing i do when i come in every morning to my office is to log on to this thread and read insightful, indepth analysis of the Nigerian stock Market, what blows my mind is that Upon say i dey ground for Niger here, I am not half as informed as my fellow Nigerian friends in the Diaspora,

Abeg, I no say una fit yab me say I just dey read quietly, but i know mind, infact throw all the frustration at my desk and i would gladly pack them for you, just don't stop being a blessing.

No be every thing be money, knowledge is really power and that much i get on this thread.

Cheers!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Labo: 11:37am On Mar 11, 2008
Hi Naijadr,

let me know when you are coming off ABC, I boarded on the same day as you. cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 11:38am On Mar 11, 2008
crazyT:

@fo2, wanaj0, pumping777, Yodi, Aktopgun, Windy Wendy et al

Good morning to you all, please can I have your saying in this my decision?
I just withdraw my purchasing order for BIG TREAT this morning and I want to put the money back into any of these companies;                
                NIWICABLE, NASCON, BERGER PAINT and or increase my stake at UNIC INS.

So which of this stock should I unleash my dragon on   Caveat Emptor seriously observed  grin grin

Not a crime to keep your money!!!! Not compulsory that you must buy.

Right now, will not go near any of those stocks.

If you however get an Agbero broker, realm one for that matter, take a look at

G Cappa
Thomas Wyatt
Skye Bank

If you get them TODAY or TOMORROW, you will be smilling soon.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by orisebawo(m): 11:47am On Mar 11, 2008
Wanajo,

Good morning, please what do you think of okomuoil and UTC, i bought Oceanic last year (PO), is there any reason to keep it for a while or should i sell and put the money into other CICO stocks.

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 11:56am On Mar 11, 2008
wanaj0:

Not a crime to keep your money!!!! Not compulsory that you must buy.

G Cappa
Thomas Wyatt
Skye Bank

If you get them TODAY or TOMORROW, you will be smilling soon.

For the fellow who asked the question

If you get  SKYE BANK you will be smiling but i doubt if you go get am o. For a very long time its been on net bid even though its still on TS and i think someone said that the brokers are actually crossing @ around N20 or so don't know about that shanot that i'm complaining

G Cappa if you can get it but i think  there are liquidity issues here. For the past 2 months its been trading in singe digits the highest number of trades has been 5 and the volumes involved less than 10K except yesterday when it did 61K and its only dropped the price once in the last 2 months looks like the sellers/buyers are trying very hard to push up the price steadily.Bottom-line i wouldnt hold out my candles for this one!

Thomas Wyatt   Hmnnnn don't know anything about that one
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 12:03pm On Mar 11, 2008
orisebawo:

Wanajo,

Good morning, please what do you think of okomuoil and UTC, i bought Oceanic last year (PO), is there any reason to keep it for a while or should i sell and put the money into other CICO stocks.

Thanks

Okomu, you need to be a weather forecaster to deal with that one.

Not excited about UTC. Not a stock that I would love to keep in my portfolio.

Don't expect movement in Oceanic till April/May. However, if you have a 12 months horizon, UBA and Oceanic are good candidates. You may however wait till May before picking them up.

NB: I am not a CICO person so may be biased in my suggestion/comment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.