Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,527 members, 7,840,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (636) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (817260 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by charlimess: 12:06pm On Mar 11, 2008
PLEASE WHO CAN HELP ME OUT,I NEED ARBICO
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 12:07pm On Mar 11, 2008
RoughCut:

For the fellow who asked the question

If you get  SKYE BANK you will be smiling but i doubt if you go get am o. For a very long time its been on net bid even though its still on TS and i think someone said that the brokers are actually crossing @ around N20 or so don't know about that shanot that i'm complaining

G Cappa if you can get it but i think  there are liquidity issues here. For the past 2 months its been trading in singe digits the highest number of trades has been 5 and the volumes involved less than 10K except yesterday when it did 61K and its only dropped the price once in the last 2 months looks like the sellers/buyers are trying very hard to push up the price steadily.Bottom-line i wouldnt hold out my candles for this one!

Thomas Wyatt   Hmnnnn don't know anything about that one

Illiquidity is one of the things responsible for the upward movement of those penny stocks. Check out Transexpress, Wire and Cable, Chellarams etc. Look at even Cappa and Dalberto and Julius Berger. Illiquid but SOUND stocks are not bad. It is illiquid stocks with no fundamentals that are terrible.

Thomas Wyatt is set fro a turn around. Core investor came in last year. Rights issue done in December. So they are set for good things.

If I wnat to worsen matter, you may check WTN!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 12:08pm On Mar 11, 2008
Naijadr:

abeg where is Rough Cut jare, oga u still dey see COSTAIN, today na at least N63 oh, looks like we can comfortably get out aroung N70ish o grin

I hope Niwi doesnt drop too much today sha, but its all good, in for long haul

Abc is still making its climb, hoping to get at least 50% before getting out of this one sha, at this rate man pikin fit get close to 100% sef.

Let me make you an offer you can't refuse grin grin grin grin grin grin

Say COSTAIN hits N65 tomorrrow why don't we sell half and hold on to the rest till end March as 'Olori' Wendy talk and offload but still leave some 'tasere' on board sha. What sayest thou? The thing dey fear me seriously

If you are in NiWi for a long-haul then no shaking i'm still loading the thing. The story about this new investor should be very interesting. If this is true wll TrueBond divest some of their holding or will they accept a dilution? Very interesting scenario indeed either way don't think that will do the stock any harm.

ABC has moved out of the striking range for me may be i go allow you make you collect your profit then go shopping again.I don give SELL order for John Holt and the thing still dey climb. Na wa o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 12:14pm On Mar 11, 2008
wanaj0:

If I wnat to worsen matter, you may check WTN!!!!

Yeah that is worse cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by orisebawo(m): 12:16pm On Mar 11, 2008
wanaj0:

Okomu, you need to be a weather forecaster to deal with that one.

Not excited about UTC. Not a stock that I would love to keep in my portfolio.

Don't expect movement in Oceanic till April/May. However, if you have a 12 months horizon, UBA and Oceanic are good candidates. You may however wait till May before picking them up.

NB: I am not a CICO person so may be biased in my suggestion/comment.

@Wanajo

Thank you for the insight
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 12:22pm On Mar 11, 2008
RoughCut:

Let me make you an offer you can't refuse grin grin grin grin grin grin

Say COSTAIN hits N65 tomorrrow why don't we sell half and hold on to the rest till end March as 'Olori' Wendy talk and offload but still leave some 'tasere' on board sha. What sayest thou? The thing dey fear me seriously

If you are in NiWi for a long-haul then no shaking i'm still loading the thing. The story about this new investor should be very interesting. If this is true wll TrueBond divest some of their holding or will they accept a dilution? Very interesting scenario indeed either way don't think that will do the stock any harm.

ABC has moved out of the striking range for me and i don give SELL order for John Holt and the thing still dey climb. Na wa o!
i know oh, COSTAIN dey fear me, I mean this kain climbing is completely out of hand, nothing could ever justify its current price grin I agree with your suggestion, at least the half will cover capital and some profit.

prices should be out any min

abeg does anyone know best time of day to reach CSCS folks, I've the #s pumping gave, I don try tire. I need to get my online acct activated, its been 2mths since broker submitted it!! any working email? one on their site doesnt work
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 12:25pm On Mar 11, 2008
Naijadr:

i know oh, COSTAIN dey fear me, I mean this kain climbing is completely out of hand, nothing could ever justify its current price grin I agree with your suggestion, at least the half will cover capital and some profit.

Abi make we apply wisdom small grin grin grin grin grin grin

Like marshall wanaj0 dey talk am Preservation of CAPITAL is the first rule of investing
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beswyt(f): 12:26pm On Mar 11, 2008
@GREENTREE i will be grateful if you can forward your broker contact to my email. beswyt@yahoo.com

God bless you.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by orisebawo(m): 12:38pm On Mar 11, 2008
Federal Government and Transcorp initiates moves to bring Vodacom of South Africa in as core investor.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2008031021325562
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by iconbull: 1:13pm On Mar 11, 2008
@all
today's prices pls
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lumidii: 1:14pm On Mar 11, 2008
Naijadr:

prices should be out any min

abeg does anyone know best time of day to reach CSCS folks, I've the #s pumping gave, I don try tire. I need to get my online acct activated, its been 2mths since broker submitted it!! any working email? one on their site doesnt work

You can reach them anytime during working hours, i must have spoken to them about half-a-dozen times in the past two weeks, in order to get my trade alert activated for broker No2. I've been lucky to get through at the first attempt on each occassion, and this was anytime between 0900-1600.  Keep trying, you will surely get through.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by orisebawo(m): 1:20pm On Mar 11, 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:32pm On Mar 11, 2008
@crazyT: unity, eternal bulls. remeber? lets see if they are up for the fight

@grabdbull: conoil. More pain cry

@blueband et uluo: intenegins. ouch!

@risky: CILeasing: well u know the rest. interestingly though some buying pressure happened today on it but my guess is that it may still come south a little more
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by greentree(m): 1:41pm On Mar 11, 2008
Dividends

Sir, i am not a stockbroker o. or a marketer for that matter. you asked which pp that is affiliated to the southwest is closing today and i replied kajola. i think all stockbrokers know about it so you can ask yours.also somebody has uploaded the form in the private placement section on nairaland. i have limited resources so it does not fit my objectives. but others who have bought may share their opinion about it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by greentree(m): 1:54pm On Mar 11, 2008
Gabza and IGETWICKED are husband and wife so nothing they spew surprises me. IGETWICKED thinks his riches define him. when you go to Naija if ever you will see that some younger people where never reach 40 sef can buy and sell you many times over. so i suggest you remain in your surrey safety trap and dream on that you are lord of the manner. you have lost touch with your country. maybe you have even started speaking your native language with phone' sef.

Harrisoft again you cannot be blamed. as you languish for suleja in the power state wettin you do there. you be alfa? abi you dey inside NYSC camp?
as you carry mouth insult other people. na your own parents you dey insult. they no born you well at all. you are a parasite. you wey come online beg for awoof tips. how suleja today? actually maybe Sir, you dey relax for your country mansion grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by AtamMan(m): 2:12pm On Mar 11, 2008
@Akatopgun,
Still waiting for your reply to my last post.
Look, I am becoming scared of the direction this forum is going. This is why I am going to ask you for the 2nd time, abeg point me in the direction of some entry level literature RE: TA and Candle gazing. I must add that I am not very numurate, thanks

As an aside, seeing that a good number of gurus are becoming wary of the manner of speech/behaviour on this forum, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that you are bailing out. It goes without saying that we may soon be saying RIP to this forum if the warring teen-like members do not sheath their swords.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by faketan(m): 2:14pm On Mar 11, 2008
Why my people, why?

Greentree my bros, abeg make you sheath your sword. Abeg if anybody annoyed forgive and forget. Even if they reply again. I think there is greater strength in forgiveness than in revenge.

Gabza and wicked please make una cull tempa. Do God, Biko, ejoo,  make una sheath una sword as none of the those comments will help any of us. Even the ego wee de push us no de even benefit . Na so so bearish run you go de get.

Let there be peace, and there was peace
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 2:16pm On Mar 11, 2008
Come oo- Is this not a clever strategy that may have been devised by our stockbrokers to put an end to this otherwise intellectual site and ruin our interactions.

meanwhile my fellowmen and women can we redirect ourselves to our before before site? at least that place is very much moderated and any insulting poster will be banned with automatic alacrity.

just a thot.

I am definitely Out
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 2:18pm On Mar 11, 2008
orisebawo:

Federal Government and Transcorp initiates moves to bring Vodacom of South Africa in as core investor.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2008031021325562

Is this the first time we will hear that Vodacom wants to come into Nigeria under any guise?The CEO of vodacom, Alan Knott-Craig is highly Nigeriaphobic.Recall how vodacom was to come and bid for the original telecom licences,but monsieur Knott-Craig pulled out commenting that he didn't feel comfortable coming to do business in Nigeria that according to him"they(Nigerians)have a way of taking your money",an apparent refence to fraud.
It had to take the very impressive turnovers declared by MTN to rekindle Alan Knott-Craig's greed interest in Nigeria' telecom market.However,even on his second attempt to come in,could not yield any fruit.
So I am not too optimistic with this current move
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Moves: 2:19pm On Mar 11, 2008
Are there dedicated moderators in this forum; If there are, It is high time they step In. This is now getting out of hand. This forum represented the best collaboration of Nigerians both at home and in Diaspora, cutting across ethnic, Age, religious and educational background to achieve one common and should not be allowed to disintegrate.
Let stop all the personal stuff. At least when the Fundamentalist and Technicalist where waging war - It was still Stock related, hence the tiltle Stock Market Tips For Nigerians- If anybody feels the need to attack anybody personally kindly open up a new thread.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:20pm On Mar 11, 2008
yodiyokun:

Come oo- Is this not a clever strategy that may have been devised by our stockbrokers to put an end to this otherwise intellectual site and ruin our interactions.

meanwhile my fellowmen and women can we redirect ourselves to our before before site? at least that place is very much moderated and any insulting poster will be banned with automatic alacrity.

just a thot.

I am definitely Out

I thought you volunteered to be one of the moderators of this thread?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by orisebawo(m): 2:22pm On Mar 11, 2008
Yodi- you were just reading my mind, i am begining to think there might be a well calculated move to disrupt this forum, anyway God dey.

Make una no sidetrack some of us go the "before before" site oh, abeg.

Ebe like say Seun don travel because things no dey reach this level before he comot stick oh grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by greentree(m): 2:22pm On Mar 11, 2008
eniyanman:

greentree, i think you need to be told in no unmistaken terms that you are increasingly becoming fool-mouthed. Don't become a nuisance or menace. You can disagree without being insulting.

is it not you eniyanman that caused katakata here a week or two ago with your opinionated sef. is it not you shocked

amnesia na disease.

stop this selective criticism. only give wetting you are willing to take back. i am not rude. but i said yesterday that anybody that is rude i go reply. aside from that. i go kampe. Harrisoft come open him rotten mouth dey spew. chei

some people here to condone insults on people. because they get addiction to mammary gland. and cannot survive alone without being breast fed.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mecatchcha: 2:24pm On Mar 11, 2008
yodiyokun:

just a thot.

I am definitely Out

Hi Yoyiyokun,

I think you r right. These people has th intentions of spoiling this thread and from the look of things they are really messing up the thread.

Please, can you be kind enough to refer me to the 'before before site'. You can send me an email on mecatchcha at gmail.com if you won't like to disclose the site here.

Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Highlander: 2:26pm On Mar 11, 2008
Atam-Man:

@Akatopgun,
Still waiting for your reply to my last post.
Look, I am becoming scared of the direction this forum is going. This is why I am going to ask you for the 2nd time, abeg point me in the direction of some entry level literature RE: TA and Candle gazing. I must add that I am not very numurate, thanks

As an aside, seeing that a good number of gurus are becoming wary of the manner of speech/behaviour on this forum, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that you are bailing out. It goes without saying that we may soon be saying RIP to this forum if the warring teen-like members do not sheath their swords.

If you don't know how to ask nicely, don't ask. There is no need of repeating how many times you have asked. Nobody is obliged to answer! You don't even know if the guy is online.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by faketan(m): 2:29pm On Mar 11, 2008
yodiyokun:

just a thot.

I am definitely Out

I guess some of these guys might be stock brokers or agents of stock BROKERS . You are right.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 2:30pm On Mar 11, 2008
Have y'all noticed that there're some people that are not saying anything about all this much ado about nothing.
I really think that's the way to put an end to the nothing.
If you wanna post anything,just post things about stock LET'S STOP COMMENTING ON NON ISSUES,AND STOP ACCORDING RELEVANCE TO IRRELEVANCE
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by falala(f): 2:32pm On Mar 11, 2008
first day in this forum and meet things a bit tense, or do i not get it. read a lot of blogs and forums but decided to join this, as i see it productive.

abeg make una no take things too personally oh, sorry to anyone who things I'm being forward. have a great day all
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Egavlas(m): 2:35pm On Mar 11, 2008
Hello All,

wanoj, pumping, windywendy, yodiyokun,fatherof2, aktopgun,loma, Napoleon and the other people who have been helping out here, No matter how it is, please, please dont quit what you are doing in here.

I just cant understand the sudden unfortunate wind that blew into this place. Its more baffling cause the number of posts of those that refuse to let go of this bad issue, indicate that they are very new comers.

If its true that Napoleon deleted his posts, its very unfortunate cause I for one was learning a lot from him.

Some posts back, I made a joke about pumping and some insurance stocks and he took it in his usual calm and amiable manner.

He keeps helping out and aiding people.

At a certain age, people are supposed to behave with a certain degree of maturity.

Some of these new people have gone so low as to post rubbish about others and even going to youtube??

I know Seun takes no prisoners and people who are in here to just scatter the good thing going on here, will soon find emselves outside.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:37pm On Mar 11, 2008
falala:

first day in this forum and meet things a bit tense, or do i not get it. read a lot of blogs and forums but decided to join this, as i see it productive.

abeg make una no take things too personally oh, sorry to anyone who things I'm being forward. have a great day all

Seeing that this is your first post on this forum things are not always like this. Ignore the last 15 pages and read as much as you can i think you will be better off for it.

Standards seem to have been disastrously dragged down in the last 3-4 days. Hope you have not been put off!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by faketan(m): 2:42pm On Mar 11, 2008
Rasputinn
You are right.
Also I have a thread for the fighters.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-119098.0.html
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Highlander: 2:51pm On Mar 11, 2008
yodiyokun:

just a thot.

I am definitely Out

Quitting is not the solution. You may choose to completely ignore posts from anyboby you consider to be a nuisance. Don't even bother to find out what he/she has to say. That's what I do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.