Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,008 members, 7,838,527 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (781) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (817015 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by member65: 8:35pm On May 17, 2010
Abeg my brother i need money very urgent abeg brother burrow me money to buy thi manua when i get the loans i go owe u bakc tans.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by risingdamp: 1:21pm On May 18, 2010
Dis Guy:

Daar comunications anyone?

Ms Oteh should name and shame all those stockbrokers!!

what do you want to know about Daar?

http://equity-tracker.com/analysis.php?id=235&show=chart&graphic_type=Line&list_type=Price
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jamace(m): 10:07pm On Jun 01, 2010
Since everybody is tired with this portfolio meltdown, let me share a quote with you:

We go to school to learn to work hard for money. I write books and create products that teach people how to have money work hard for them.

Robert Kiyosaki [b][/b]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by chuxy12(m): 8:54am On Jun 02, 2010
we dont watch a masquerade dancing from one spot. stock market is one of the channels you use.
if you care to make 10% per month regularly and be content with it then this biz idea is for you. you must be hardworking and focused. i promise you will make to 10% and above.guaranteed!! if you are interested call 07025109156 or chiyostar@yahoo.com. i will hold you by the hand to the promised and you will definitely smile, no fluke
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jamace(m): 5:35pm On Jun 07, 2010
If a working class Englishman saw a bloke drive past in a Rolls-Royce, he'd say to himself "Come the social revolution and we'll take that away from you, mate". Whereas if his American counterpart saw a bloke drive past in a Cadillac he'd say "One day I'm going to own one of those". To my way of thinking the first attitude is wrong. The latter is right.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 8:51pm On Jun 07, 2010
jamace:

If a working class Englishman saw a bloke drive past in a Rolls-Royce, he'd say to himself "Come the social revolution and we'll take that away from you, mate". Whereas if his American counterpart saw a bloke drive past in a Cadillac he'd say "One day I'm going to own one of those". To my way of thinking the first attitude is wrong. The latter is right.

or maybe the first one is showing signs of a caring society, where people who pollute the environment are taxed to death grin and the second one is showing signs of perpetual bank debtor grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 8:53pm On Jun 07, 2010
The new head of Nigeria’s stock market regulator is encountering “subtle and aggressive” resistance to efforts to root out brokers whose alleged abuses contributed to a $50bn crash that brought the financial sector close to collapse.

Arunma Oteh, who took over at the Securities and Exchange Commission in January, is battling to impose tougher oversight and increased disclosure to restore confidence in what was once viewed as a prime frontier market.

But some financiers who stand to lose lucrative trading licences are said to be applying pressure to thwart an SEC investigation aimed at establishing whether brokers misused investors’ funds and are in effect insolvent. Some financiers were seeking to use close ties to politicians to stall the investigation, suppress its findings or undermine Ms Oteh, allies said.

“These people are determined to undermine Arunma and to make sure that she stops,” said one Nigerian financier close to the SEC boss.

Some reformers fear such a blocking campaign could hamper Ms Oteh’s plans to name and shame some of Nigeria’s 300 brokers. One foreign banker said the brokers had a “tremendously strong lobby”.

Proshare

when madam okereke go retire?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by suxes2005(m): 9:58am On Jun 08, 2010
I read in Punch newspaper 2day about Diamond
bank share. Can any1 shed light on it?

SHALOM
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by risingdamp: 9:18am On Jun 09, 2010
How long has Ndidi been there anyway?
Shouldn't there be a refresh of the management team to bring in new ideas?

www.equity-tracker.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lovemoneyn: 6:50pm On Jun 09, 2010
LOVE MONEY PRODUCTION

Excuse me Sugar Daddys and Sugar Mummys.
Do you need Young Guys & Babes, Sweet 16 or Energetic young lovers within your state/location in Nigeria.
Then contact us at lovemoneyNigeria@yahoo.com and we shall get u hooked up immediately.

To Sign up:
Send your State/Location, Age,Sex and Phone number(optional) to lovemoneyNigeria@yahoo.com and we shall get back to you immediately.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jamace(m): 12:01pm On Jun 13, 2010
LOVE MONEY PRODUCTION

Excuse me Sugar Daddys and Sugar Mummys.
Do you need Young Guys & Babes, Sweet 16 or Energetic young lovers within your state/location in Nigeria.
Then contact us at lovemoneyNigeria@yahoo.com and we shall get u hooked up immediately.

To Sign up:
Send your State/Location, Age,Sex and Phone number(optional) to lovemoneyNigeria@yahoo.com and we shall get back to you immediately.

What's your SHARE in this refferal biz? cheesy grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by daniellle(f): 1:47am On Jun 14, 2010
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jamace(m): 8:41am On Jun 18, 2010
What's happening to stocks? Hope of recovery diming day by day. Na wa o.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Fiver: 5:18pm On Jun 26, 2010
Jonathan and his team are not doing anything to instill confidence, seems they are too busy with the election

the past month has been dreadful, maybe a good time to buy string stock
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by thamani: 9:10pm On Jun 28, 2010
Hi guys,

I'm new in this forum and i find it very interesting to read all ur incitive posts on the NSE. However Nigeria is still a jot in the global economy. Has anyone ever thought of investing in other bourses outside Nigeria, like the U.S, Asia or even the Oceania. Even though our market is in the lull now, global investors are reaping from other economies smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shongy(m): 10:00am On Jun 29, 2010
hi guys, great job 2u all.pls does anyone ve any idea about wats hapenin 2 dunlop shares,their financials & their new nature of biz? i shall be grateful 4 any piece of info i can get.cnt afford 2 ignor cos i ve a big chunk of their shares in hand.thanx
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jamace(m): 4:25pm On Jul 01, 2010
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Dozita(m): 6:35pm On Jul 04, 2010
I bought some shares sometime in 2008 and three weeks later they were worth only half price. It'll take a miracle to get me to buy shares again(really i'm just registering in nairaland's longest thread).
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 10:49pm On Jul 04, 2010
I thought the CBN said they weren't getting involved with with Wonder bank investors, why waste resources on those greedy people!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by monopolist: 10:31am On Jul 05, 2010
@SHONGY

They are shoping for bail out from FG else they want to sell off their machineries and if the sell of, they may give some dividends to shareholders

I think they need #10Billion immediately from FG AS bAIL OUT PACKAGE.

tHEY ARE IN SERIOUS WAHALA

BUT THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY TIME FOR FARSIGHTED INVESTORS
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by honeric01(m): 12:40pm On Jul 05, 2010
monopolist:

BUT THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY TIME FOR FARSIGHTED INVESTORS

How do you mean?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lolalisa: 6:19pm On Jul 09, 2010
Hi guys,

I notice most of the replies are related to investing in the NSE. You can also trade stocks on global stock exchanges like Germany's DAX, Japan's NIKKEI, USA's NASDAQ COMPOSITE etc. If you have the right platform, you can play in those areas, right from here in Nigeria. If you would like more info, you may email me at lolasbiz2010@yahoo.com. No charges, no fees, just advice.

Lo
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jamace(m): 1:23pm On Jul 10, 2010
Aiico! Aiico!! Aiico!!!. This company gave bonus of 1: 10 shares for 2008 year end. To date, it has not credited my CSCS account with the bonus. Please who has been credited and if not, who knows what is wrong with the company?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blessaff: 12:02am On Jul 13, 2010
What is the best company someone can invest in
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 5:52am On Jul 16, 2010
[size=14pt]CBN: Shareholders Now to Recapitalise Rescued Banks[/size]

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has enhanced the participation of shareholders in the recapitalisation of rescued banks by bestowing on them the power to midwife the process.
They would also take the final decision on who invests in the financial institutions.

With this development, the apex bank has heeded to the wishes of the shareholders, who have been clamouring that they be allowed to recapitalise the banks.

Addressing stakeholders of the rescued banks in Abuja yesterday, CBN Governor Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, according to a statement made available to THISDAY, said the apex bank would not usurp the rights of shareholders.
He assured them that the final decision on recapitalisation rests with them.

Present at the meeting which was chaired by Sanusi were the boards of directors of the rescued banks, their management as well as shareholders. The meeting was the second in the series of dialogue initiated by the CBN to ensure effective collaboration in the process.

Sanusi was also said to have reassured them that having secured the depositors’ fund with the reform programme, the focus of the CBN now is to salvage some value for the shareholders.

He made it clear that the CBN would not sell the banks, as it is not the business of the banking watchdog to do that. The CBN, according to Sanusi, only recommended some reputable financial advisers who are working with the board and management of the banks to source and negotiate with any of such investors.

He emphasised that the process of repackaging the banks is being driven by their board, some of which have held discussions with strategic partners, without direct involvement of the CBN.

“The Governor reassured the stakeholders that the shareholders would definitely play an important role in the recapitalisation exercise and that the process of giving value to their shares is already assured with the coming on board very soon of the Assets Management Corporation Of Nigeria, (AMCON),” the CBN statement read.

“On the issue of on-going litigations against the CBN, it was noted that a few individuals took the action without the consent of the seven zonal shareholders associations and that these few individuals who went to court only did so for personal reasons, as such individuals do not represent the opinion of the shareholders," it added.

The CBN, however, said that if the on-going process to recapitalise the affected banks is not successful, the apex bank would have no other option than to go for liquidation as provided by the existing legal framework.

Sanusi noted that liquidation and nationalisation are not desired options for the banks, stating that he is convinced that fresh injection of capital through strategic partnership remains the best approach.

The stakeholders, according to the statement, commended the CBN for reaching out to the shareholders and urged that the two options of liquidation and nationalisation should not be considered.

They also recommended that the CBN should go for the option that protects both the depositors and the shareholders and promised to consult with other shareholders to withdraw all court cases. Besides, they advised that the new management put in place by the CBN should be communicating with the shareholders regularly.

The CBN had some months ago engaged the boards of the banks and their major shareholders to a similar meeting, during which it urged them to support the recapitalisation programme or risk losing their investments.

The CBN governor has said repeatedly that the recapitalisation programme is in the interest of local investors who stand to regain their lost investments in the organisations after their recapitalisation, the recovery of reasonable portion of bad loans and the return of the banks to profitability.

AMCON set to take off in about a fortnight, after presidential assent to the bill, it is believed that all issues surrounding the recapitalisation of the banks would be resolved.

The CBN intends to clear $10 billion (about N1.5trillion) of bad loans from the banking system by the end of this year, in support of the recapitalised banks.

Sanusi said recently that bids on the banks would be released by September or October this year, adding that four international banks were among the likely bidders.
He said bids on the banks are to close by the end of July.

Sanusi recently said he is optimistic about the rescued banks’ recapitalisation. “Foreign investment in Nigeria is expected to rise as investors bet on rising oil prices, increased Nigerian oil production, and improved regulation of the banking sector," he stated.

The rescued banks are those the monetary authority found in “grave financial situation” following the joint examination of the CBN and the Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC) and the release of the findings on August 14 and October 2 last year. The banks are Intercontinental Bank, Afribank, Oceanic Bank, Finbank, Union Bank, Bank PHB, Spring Bank and ETB.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=178453
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 6:12am On Jul 16, 2010
blessaff:

What is the best company someone can invest in

Depends on what you're looking for,how soon or long you're prepared to wait to recoup,whether you want to trade or amass wealth

Actually,there's no such thing as a best company
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by adejodan(m): 12:20am On Jul 17, 2010
Hope that we get another Warren Buffet through this forum.
rasputinn:

Depends on what you're looking for,how soon or long you're prepared to wait to recoup,whether you want to trade or amass wealth

Actually,there's no such thing as a best company
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by spacegold(m): 4:17am On Jul 17, 2010
Thanks very much for these wonderful information on stocks.

I really appreciate you all.

God Bless

(1) (2) (3) ... (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.