Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (783) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (815171 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by fxjunkie(m): 2:32pm On Sep 26, 2010

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Gainsboom: 5:19pm On Sep 28, 2010
Hello,
Consistent efforts-Not strength-Not intelligence,Is key to unlocking the potentials within.(Churchill)
I have found this true in foreign exchange market trading.And God's blessings was on the efforts.it wasn't easy though,but it was worth the efforts.
Never give up,whatever your hands find to do,do it with all your might says the holy writ.

Best regards

Gainsboom
fxcapitalboom@yahoo.com
+2348027197410
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by chuxy12(m): 9:00pm On Sep 28, 2010
i trade forex using a unique simple style that i dont often feel like revealing. i stay around egbeda and dont mind coming train folks that are really hungry and passionate to acquire the skills. if you dont make money then dont pay me. guaranteed. chidollars12@gmail.com
[i][/i]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 10:18pm On Sep 28, 2010
Why all these forex talk on here start your own thread, if your manking money why advertise?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 10:24pm On Sep 28, 2010
The proposed merger between Dangote Cement and Benue Cement Company Plc, was given a boost yesterday as shareholders gave their blessing at a court-ordered meeting held in Kano. Chairman BCC Alhaji Aliko Dangote speaking at the meeting assured shareholders of immense benefits from the merger which include: reduced operational cost arising from improved efficiency and the remaining five years of tax holiday still being enjoyed by some of the component arms of the emergent company.

At the end of the poll, a total of 3.597 billion shares or 99.8 per cent of the total 3.604 billion ordinary shareholding of BCC voted in support of the merger. Fielding questions from shareholders at the meeting, Dangote said the merger will facilitate better access to financing, adding that the post-merger entity would have a bigger balance sheet and a larger collection of high quality assets that can potentially be pledged as collateral to lenders.

According to him: “The proposed merger is conceived with the goal of consolidating the cement producing entities of Dangote Industries Limited in Nigeria under a single entity presenting a robust platform for the enlarged DCP to optimize on available growth opportunities having regard to the present state of the Nigerian cement industry.

http://www.proshareng.com/news/12154
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 4:13pm On Oct 02, 2010
Dis Guy:

Why all these forex talk on here start your own thread, if your manking money why advertise?

It's cos they're all opportunistic scammers,looking for dissillusioned investors to scam.
Na who no shine im eye dem go wack
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 4:18pm On Oct 02, 2010
BTW,when are we gonna see an end to this ding dong between the bulls and the bears.
Havent the bears done enough damage already to give the market some breathing space in the spirit of the jubilee celebrations
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 7:49pm On Oct 02, 2010
unfortunately the FG is not doing much with regards to the NSE, they seem to be waiting for the boom period to make any sort of appearance or pronunciation, they are leaving the cleansing to the SEC and CBN

someone needs to bring the red flag out so the bulls can charge!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jamace(m): 9:58pm On Oct 05, 2010
NSE Suspends more Insurance Companies

October 5, 2010

The Management of the Nigerian Stock Exchange has, this morning, placed the following companies on technical suspension for failure to submit their Audited Accounts for the year ended, December 31, 2009.
·        Great Nigeria Insurance Plc
·         Guinea Insurance Plc
·         Intercontinental Wapic Insurance Plc
·         Investment and Allied Insurance Plc
·         Niger Insurance Plc
·         UNIC Insurance Plc
·         Universal Insurance Plc
·         Standard Alliance Insurance Plc
·         Crusader Nigeria Plc
·         International Energy Insurance Plc
·         Staco Insurance Plc
·         Royal Exchange Plc

Nigeria Wire and Cable and Union Diagnostics have had their suspensions removed today

http://www.proshareng.com/news/12201
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by honeric01(m): 10:25pm On Oct 05, 2010
jamace:

NSE Suspends more Insurance Companies

October 5, 2010

The Management of the Nigerian Stock Exchange has, this morning, placed the following companies on technical suspension for failure to submit their Audited Accounts for the year ended, December 31, 2009.

·         Universal Insurance Plc

Ha!, i have close to 30,000 units with this company angry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 11:54pm On Oct 07, 2010
^^^
My broda,just leff dat mata make I no go remember my own
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by honeric01(m): 1:00pm On Oct 08, 2010
^^^ok cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Fiver: 4:05am On Oct 09, 2010
the market rallied this week, then profit taking
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jamace(m): 8:34pm On Oct 16, 2010
the market rallied this week, then profit taking

The market is just oscilating like a pendulum. cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by candylips(m): 11:35am On Oct 18, 2010
fundamentals are still shaky
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jamace(m): 5:07pm On Oct 20, 2010
Buffett Goes Reinsurance Bottom-Fishing

October 19, 2010 by HESTER PLUMRIDGE

When Warren Buffett writes a check, the world peers over his shoulder. The veteran investor's decision to raise his stake in Munich Re, the world's largest reinsurer, from 3% to more than 10%, is a case in point. The reinsurance industry may be challenged by soft pricing and low investment income, but it's rarely looked so cheap. Even if catalysts for a re-rating look thin on the ground, Mr. Buffett can afford to take the long-term view.

Reinsurers face some chilling winter winds. Low bond yields and cash returns have slashed investment income; the stock market is spooked by regulatory uncertainty. After 2009's equity market recovery and low incidence of natural disasters, the industry was left with excess capital, which losses from Chile's earthquake and the Deepwater Horizon oil spill haven't dented. Overcapacity is depressing prices. Even in flood-ravaged Poland, insurers think they can stave off reinsurance premium increases next year.

But longer-term dynamics look more favorable. A big disaster on the scale of a 9/11 or a Hurricane Katrina could wipe out capital and weaken smaller players, as well as boosting pricing. Uncertainty over future regulation won't last forever. Valuations are already low. Reinsurers currently trade around tangible net asset value, and Munich Re at just 0.95 times, well below the sector's 1.2 times recent average.

Shareholders are also benefiting from strong balance sheets via dividends and buybacks. Munich Re yields a prospective 5.6% for 2010, estimates Credit Suisse, high relative to the market, and above closest peer Swiss Re. Munich Re's share buyback program, initiated May, targets a €1 billion ($1.4 billion) repurchase by April 2011. Strong cash generation suggests this could be extended next year, and dividends maintained or increased.

Mr. Buffett's interest in reinsurers is longstanding. Berkshire Hathaway acquired top 10 global firm General Re in 1998; in 2008 it took a 3% stake in Swiss Re. Munich Re investors will hope that, in Mr. Buffett's words, "time is the friend of the wonderful company". Mr. Buffett certainly seems to have faith.

http://www.proshareng.com/news/singlenews.php?id=12349
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jamace(m): 8:55am On Oct 31, 2010
My people, I have a queshion. How can a BEAR beat a BULL for 2 consecutive years and the BULL can not fight back? Are we sure BULL still exist in this market so? Me, I done tire to wait o. angry angry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by honeric01(m): 12:59pm On Oct 31, 2010
^^^^^

Maybe the bulls have all gone into politics? or maybe the bulls are currently under EFCC investigation?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jamace(m): 11:30pm On Nov 03, 2010
Huh What am I seeing? Am I seeing improvement in price move on the NSE? Has the bull woken up?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 11:25am On Nov 04, 2010
Until oceanic gets to my buying price of #24.00 and aiico gets to #6.00, dunlop #6.00. Then i will say there is serious improvement. Rasputin, samstone, pumping,aktopgun,widy wendy et all where are thou?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FOLLOWCOME1(m): 10:22pm On Nov 04, 2010
Pls can som1 enlight me on how to open shares account n buying and selling shares and a stock brocker and how 2 bcom a share holder, pls help.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jamace(m): 2:56pm On Nov 05, 2010
Pls can som1 enlight me on how to open shares account n buying and selling shares and a stock brocker and how 2 bcom a share holder, pls help.

You may read this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-82565.0.html
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cadno(m): 6:14pm On Nov 09, 2010
@ NL,

Please the way Oceanic Bank has moved ( 120% ) in one Month !!!!! who knows what is driving it. Any info.

Even FBN with N32Bn PAT in Q3 is not moving that fast on the NSE
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 1:34am On Nov 12, 2010
cadno:

@ NL,

Please the way Oceanic Bank has moved ( 120% ) in one Month !!!!! who knows what is driving it. Any info.

Even FBN with N32Bn PAT in Q3 is not moving that fast on the NSE

AMCON AMCON AMCON, read all about it, !!!

bad loans have been bought up at juicy price even
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by honeric01(m): 7:30am On Nov 12, 2010
^^^^

Uhmmmm

(1) (2) (3) ... (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.