Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Learn To Overcome Your Weaknesses - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Learn To Overcome Your Weaknesses (480 Views)

How To Overcome Sexual Immoralities On Campus / "Why Masturbation Was The Biggest Sin For Me To Overcome" / Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learn To Overcome Your Weaknesses by yommyuk: 6:08am On Jun 09, 2016
To believe in Jesus Christ is the wisest decision a human being can make in a life time on earth. You become a new creation set apart for God’s purposes. God has a precise plan for every believer and provides the means needed to achieve that plan
Reflect on the life of Samson. He was born to deliver the Israelites from the hands of the wicked philistine oppression. He had godly parents, incredible human strength, became Judge over Israel with the authority to carry out the Lord’s will.

Samson had it all. However, he had a weakness, “LUST” which he chose to indulge in. This eventually led to his downfall by ended up a prisoner and no longer able to fulfil God’s plan.

Our spiritual equipping includes the ability to resist giving in to our weaknesses. But we must be willing to turn away from temptation and follow the Lord. Samson had enormous potential to do good on behalf of God, and so do we. But he chose sin and suffered the consequences. Which will you choose today—turning to God for help or indulging your weakness?

Romans 12:2
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

2 Timothy 1:7
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

Ecclesiastes 12:13
The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink
Re: Learn To Overcome Your Weaknesses by orunto27: 6:17am On Jun 09, 2016
Experience is Belief!!!!
Re: Learn To Overcome Your Weaknesses by yommyuk: 6:51am On Jun 09, 2016
orunto27:
Experience is Belief!!!!

Explain smiley
Re: Learn To Overcome Your Weaknesses by orunto27: 12:56pm On Jun 09, 2016
Explain please. That's better. Hear this. Knowledge is Experience. We all believe what we have knowledge of and in our experience. Only I can believe if I have seen God and have evidence that Christ is God. And to believe me, you must have Knowledge or Experience of me which you haven't had except in this Forum where we talk @ cross purposes and even criticise The Pope whose forerunners wrote the Bible and open our Minds to Heaven, Christ, God, Jehovah, Satan, Devil, Lucifer, Light, Darkness, Good, Bad, Life, Death etc etc!!!! The Language of the Bible is very well coded. It cannot easily be semanticised. Only The Palpacy in Council for the Vulgate version or/and Canterbury for the King James' version can jointly recode any Word in the Bible. So many times we play atheist @ lack of Knowledge.
Re: Learn To Overcome Your Weaknesses by yommyuk: 6:52pm On Jun 09, 2016
orunto27:
ExplaiOnly [b]I can believe if I have seen God and have evidence that Christ is God.n please. [/b]That's better. Hear this. [b]Knowledge is Experience. [/b]We all believe what we have knowledge of and in our experience. And to believe me, you must have Knowledge or Experience of me which you haven't had except in this Forum where we talk @ cross purposes and even criticise The Pope whose forerunners wrote the Bible and open our Minds to Heaven, Christ, God, Jehovah, Satan, Devil, Lucifer, Light, Darkness, Good, Bad, Life, Death etc etc!!!! The Language of the Bible is very well coded. It cannot easily be semanticised. Only The Palpacy in Council for the Vulgate version or/and Canterbury for the King James' version can jointly recode any Word in the Bible. So many times we play atheist @ lack of Knowledge.

I will deal with the bolded above

Out of all the living things God created, human beings are the most advanced intellectually. He gave us the Psychological advantage over all other living things. Other animals act out on their natural instinct, while humans reason before they act.

AMAZING
Re: Learn To Overcome Your Weaknesses by orunto27: 7:55am On Jun 10, 2016
God bless your reasonings IJN AMEN !!!

(1) (Reply)

Taiwo Odukoya Celebrates His 60th Birthday Today / What Is Life / Two Things Every Worship Leader Must Master

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.