Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,041 members, 7,956,879 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:17 PM

Host A Wordpress - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Host A Wordpress (1241 Views)

Learn How To Code Android, Build Web Service With PHP And How To Host A Website. / Who Knows How To Edit A Wordpress Website And Work With Visual Composer / Want To Learn To Design And Host A Website Offline? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Host A Wordpress by Iykon1313(m): 8:30am On Jun 09, 2016
Hello Webmasters, I am new in WordPress and please I need steps on how to host a WordPress site. I tried some steps but got hooked on my way.

Please any help will be valued.

Thanks
Re: Host A Wordpress by talk2hb1(m): 11:54am On Jun 09, 2016
Iykon1313:
Hello Webmasters, I am new in WordPress and please I need steps on how to host a WordPress site. I tried some steps but got hooked on my way.

Please any help will be valued.

Thanks
I am a WordPress Xpert, first where werre you stucked?
Any error, or what have you done so fAr(retract your steps)
Re: Host A Wordpress by bot101(m): 6:50am On Jun 10, 2016
Easiest way will be to use a hosting service that offers WordPress hosting. There are free and paid ones. If on your local machine, download WordPress .zip or .tar, extract to htdocs or www if using Xampp or Warp respectively, create a database with phpMyAdmin then run localhost/wordpressdirectoryhere and fill the forms to get it up and running.
Re: Host A Wordpress by Iykon1313(m): 11:41am On Jun 10, 2016
talk2hb1:

I am a WordPress Xpert, first where werre you stucked?
Any error, or what have you done so fAr(retract your steps)

I v gotten to the point where I am supposed to copy out some codes from wamp to cpanel but I can't find what I am to copy.
Re: Host A Wordpress by Iykon1313(m): 11:44am On Jun 10, 2016
bot101:
Easiest way will be to use a hosting service that offers WordPress hosting. There are free and paid ones. If on your local machine, download WordPress .zip or .tar, extract to htdocs or www if using Xampp or Warp respectively, create a database with phpMyAdmin then run localhost/wordpressdirectoryhere and fill the forms to get it up and running.

I v built the site completely, I want to upload to the web.....that is what I don't know how to do.
Re: Host A Wordpress by bot101(m): 9:03pm On Jun 11, 2016
You have to install wordpress on the server, install all the plugins you had on the local version, upload any files(theme files, css, js) to their corresponding folders on the live version and your website is up.
Re: Host A Wordpress by romme2u: 7:04am On Jun 13, 2016
Iykon1313:

I v built the site completely, I want to upload to the web.....that is what I don't know how to do.

ok u want to migrate the site to ur web host server.

there are several ways of doing that but it is not a trivial job. if u follow instructions carefully u can do it urself.

first method
u can use one click installer on your host cpanel to install a new wordpress (u can also install it manually by creating a database on the webhost server using phpMyadmin, create a new database user with the needed permissions to run wordpress then empty wordpress files into the folder u want to host the site which always default to public_html on most shared host and visit ur domain to setup a new wordpress on ur cpanel), install all the plugins and themes u use on your local server, replicate your configurations and settings on the cpanel (production) edition. but i must admit that this is a terrible path as u have to redo everything u did on ur localhost. u may have to recreate all the post and upload images OR use a migration plugin to export ur data from the localhost and import it to ur new installation.

second method

this is the preferred method for pros who use localhost as their development environment but it requires more expertise.

create a database and a database user on ur cpanel using phpMyadmin. then export the database ur wordpress is using on ur localhost to an .sql file. u can do this on mysql console using the mysql -dump command but it is always safer to use phpMyadmin as it eliminates chances of error and data corruption. login to ur cpanel phpMyadmin and import the sql file to the database u created earlier.

open the folder wordpress resides on ur localhost and copy everything to the www or public_html folder on ur hosting account. this can be done by using a ftp program like filezilla to upload the content of the wordpress folder to the server through ftp. then check the wp-config.php file to ensure the connection parameters are correct (the same with the database and the database user u set up earlier).

if u run into any problem, post it here or use google.

sori typing is not my ish in case u cannot follow what am putting here

(1) (Reply)

Job Vacancy For .net Programmer / Nairaland Is Anti-ponzi Scheme, Moderator But Why Are You Allowing Ponzi Here? / Web Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.