Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,777 members, 7,813,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

The Secret Lives Of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual And Transgender Nigerians Revealed! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Secret Lives Of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual And Transgender Nigerians Revealed! (1016 Views)

Why Transgender Africans Turned Against Chimamanda Adichie / The Secret Life Of A Housegirl / How Male Blacks Were Sodomized By Gay White Masters, During The Slave Trade Da (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Secret Lives Of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual And Transgender Nigerians Revealed! by nspodcast1: 12:39pm On Jun 09, 2016
Unoma Azuah, a Nigerian human rights activist currently residing in the United States, recently launched a book capturing stories and exposing the lived experiences of LGBT persons living in and outside Nigeria.

Unoma titled the book “Blessed Body” with a shocking caption subtitled as “The Secret Lives of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Nigerians”

According to the book’s brilliant introduction, the powerful and compelling stories told in it, aims to provoke fresh thoughts around the many misconceptions that people have about homosexuality. For example, it will address the issue of homosexuality being regarded by many as either unAfrican, an illness or immoral.

The book is strongly recommended as a compulsory read for the Nigerian law and policy makers.

NoStrings conducted an exclusive interview with Unoma Azuah to learn about the new book, and on the podcast, she talked about the importance of this book.

“The stories told in this book are mostly true life stories, and these narratives are particularly important because, they are the lived experiences of an oppressed minority group. It is also a crucial work, because it reveals that LGBT folks are humans as everybody else, and so the book educates people on the true nature of the Nigerian LGBT”

Unoma also said that the book does not just have LGBT people as its target readers, but urges everyone to read it. Unoma said: “everybody should read this book, it’s an eye opener, and it will hopefully sway Nigerians, especially the Nigerian law and policy makers”

To get the book, follow here: http://nostringsng.com/unoma-reveals-secret-lives-lgbt/
Re: The Secret Lives Of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual And Transgender Nigerians Revealed! by ShaqFu: 7:20pm On Jun 09, 2016
I see. Perhaps the author instead of looking for cheap popularity and publicity to sell books, he or she should have sent a copy (Hard Copy) to nigerian, and African policy makers.

I see no reason why people will always try to justify their sexuality by playing on the sentiment and emotion of others, just because they so crave for acceptance!.
Re: The Secret Lives Of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual And Transgender Nigerians Revealed! by Crystalom3(m): 5:03pm On Jun 10, 2016
The author's views is only hers and the rest not mine even if the law permit homosexualism they are still abnormal and disgusting to me. This is my view nobody can change that!

(1) (Reply)

Best Novel Reading App On Android. / Blood - A Short Story By Grace. O / I Will Manually Rewrite Your Article For You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.