Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

(photo) SCAMMERS ALERT: New Method Used To Defraud Unsuspecting Gtbank Customers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / (photo) SCAMMERS ALERT: New Method Used To Defraud Unsuspecting Gtbank Customers (1139 Views)

Lady Exposes Guy Using Her Photos To Dupe Unsuspecting Victims / Lady Narrates New Method Used To Kidnap People After She Made A Narrow Escape / How ATM & Phone Thieves Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(photo) SCAMMERS ALERT: New Method Used To Defraud Unsuspecting Gtbank Customers by DEngineer(m): 1:54pm On Jun 09, 2016
Fellow Nigerians, Things are hard now for almost everyone and it is no news that internet fraud is on the increase, since most banking transactions this days are directed to online services to decongest the banking hall among other reasons, most bank customers are mere end users of Internet services (emai, sign up, etc), and very few can identify a supposed threat to our bank accounts.

I got this email saying I subscribed to Ndani TV from Using my GTBank details and I will be charged 15k plus, first of all I don't like TV so I am a wrong prey for them, plus am also into IT security so I know when I see a spoofing or sniffing kind of malware.

Please Nigerians don't be caught unaware by the scammers tactics, no one wants unnecessary debit in their accounts. The scammers always mention a debit to unsettle you and make you click the link provided in their email.

I hope this help innocent hardworking people who doesn't know how to identify threats to their bank accounts.

The pictures here are for the email I got and the sender claiming to be from GTBank.

Please Lalasticlala, assist Nigerians secure their hard earned money before a victim jumps into the lagoon. Nairaland has always remain the best naija forum we all run to everyday when we need our voices to be heard.

Re: (photo) SCAMMERS ALERT: New Method Used To Defraud Unsuspecting Gtbank Customers by Acidosis(m): 2:05pm On Jun 09, 2016
I can NEVER fall for such.

Next time you receive a message from any bank, do not let the Sender's name - "Gtbank" - deceive you, just click on the Sender's name, what you'd see would surprise you (e.g. ijkyu@hotmail.com; yeyedeysmell@yahoo.com, etc.)

They can forge GTB logo, forge GTB content but they can never forge the correct GTB email.
Re: (photo) SCAMMERS ALERT: New Method Used To Defraud Unsuspecting Gtbank Customers by Benjom(m): 2:14pm On Jun 09, 2016
Boys are not smiling anymore. I'll be the last person in the whole wide world they can scam.
Re: (photo) SCAMMERS ALERT: New Method Used To Defraud Unsuspecting Gtbank Customers by Project400: 2:15pm On Jun 09, 2016
Click "FROM GTBank", you'd see the real identity of the sender.

Re: (photo) SCAMMERS ALERT: New Method Used To Defraud Unsuspecting Gtbank Customers by Project400: 2:22pm On Jun 09, 2016
If what you find isn't this, then the sender is fraudulent.

Re: (photo) SCAMMERS ALERT: New Method Used To Defraud Unsuspecting Gtbank Customers by DEngineer(m): 2:38pm On Jun 09, 2016
Not every internet users know what you guys know, but almost all internet users visit Nairaland at least once in a day, it's why we need to reach out to Millions of unsuspecting Nigerians before they become victims, many people will see this and inform their parents, brothers, sisters etc.

(1) (Reply)

A Man Who Stole Sheep, caught and paraded unclad in ebonyi. Pics / Video:two Nigerian Women Fighting Each Other On Delta Flight From Atlanta To Lag / Ikorodu Cult Groups Unite For Peace In Ikorodu, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.