Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,482 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

How Do I Map Subsite Of A Wordpress Multisite Installed On An Addon Site - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Map Subsite Of A Wordpress Multisite Installed On An Addon Site (394 Views)

Get A Wordpress Website Now For Just 8000ngn / How Do I Map Subsite Of A Wordpress Multisite Installed On An Addon Site / President Buhari’s Foreign Trips In Map And Pictures Using A Simple Story Map. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Map Subsite Of A Wordpress Multisite Installed On An Addon Site by hyelhira: 10:53pm On Jun 09, 2016
The Scenario

I have a domain attached to my hosting plan and whose WordPress files are in ".../public_html/". Let say this is maindomain.com. I have bought additional domains (say addondomain1.com to addondomain18.com) which also run WordPress as addon sites (Let's say these are addon1, addon2, addon3, addon4, addon5 ... and addon18). However, I did not install their files in the ".../public_html/" directory like ".../public_html/addon1". Instead, they are in the same hierarchy with ".../public_html/" i.e. ".../addon1" or ".../addon9". I currently have 19 unique domains - 1 main account, 18 addons - all sharing the same IP.

The Problem

Recently, I decided to reorganise and streamline my websites. I grouped the domains into 3 classes viz: Personal, Family Business and Other clients. I installed multisite (sub-directory option, still in the ".../addon9" hierararchy) on 3 addonsdomains; say addons 3, 7 and 11. I created subsites for the others (including the main site) under these 3 multisites according to their classes. The objective is to be able to access each multisite from their unique domains with the address showing something like addondomain18.com instead of maindomain.com/addon1 to site visitors.

I have followed all the tutorials on Domain Mapping I could lay my hands/eyes on for two weeks now. Accessing the addondomains from their unique addresses e.g. addondomain11.com, always redirect to the main hosting domain, maindomain.com (if the redirect ever works).

What am I doing wrong? Is this due to my file structure: ".../addon9" instead of ".../public_html/addon9"? Kindly advise.

(1) (Reply)

11 Reasons To Upgrade To Joomla 3.6 / Write A Post For My Blog And Get Free Traffic To Your Site / A Newbie Blogger Need Clarification.... Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.